Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #3794
View in linear mode

Subject: "anyone else ever amazed at the cars kids drive these days?" Previous topic | Next topic
Moderatorcs82685Feb-21-06 10:54 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2007 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3794, "anyone else ever amazed at the cars kids drive these days?"

Not hatin anyone here who's parents bought them their car, cause DSM's aren't exactly expensive anymore, and I had a little help from my parents, but does anyone else hate seeing kids in $20-$30k+ cars. Its like they will never have any concept of money because they are handed everything. Pulling into the garage at my school this morning I saw a kid leaving in a pretty new 5 series, then passed by an EVO, RX-8, C5, several benz's/bmw's, a gti, and then walking out of the garage to top it off I saw a mid 90's Supra. I think a lot of people need to learn to earn their money. Anyways to each his own, I just think its a bad parenting decision to put such an inexperienced driver in something so expense/fast.

I contributed to the Wiki!
EVO IX - just a really expensive boost gauge and a K&N air filter
96 Eclipse RS -awaiting registration and inspection
95 Eclipse GS - parts car
Mods/Profile - http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=cs82685

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: anyone else ever amazed at the cars kids drive these days?, nonamerat, Feb-21-06 10:58 AM, #1
RE: anyone else ever amazed at the cars kids drive these days?, ez, Feb-21-06 11:01 AM, #2
RE: anyone else ever amazed at the cars kids drive these days?, Dualgen2, Feb-21-06 11:06 AM, #3
RE: anyone else ever amazed at the cars kids drive these days?, youkickedmydog, Feb-21-06 11:07 AM, #4
      RE: anyone else ever amazed at the cars kids drive these days?, WIDECLIPSE, Feb-21-06 11:20 AM, #5
      RE: anyone else ever amazed at the cars kids drive these days?, Moderatorcs82685, Feb-21-06 11:25 AM, #6
           RE: anyone else ever amazed at the cars kids drive these days?, saikou, Feb-21-06 11:45 AM, #7
                RE: anyone else ever amazed at the cars kids drive these days?, Moderator992gnt, Feb-21-06 01:10 PM, #8
                     RE: anyone else ever amazed at the cars kids drive these days?, Moderatormicyek, Feb-21-06 01:34 PM, #9
                          RE: anyone else ever amazed at the cars kids drive these days?, BlackMagic, Feb-21-06 01:41 PM, #10
                               RE: anyone else ever amazed at the cars kids drive these days?, Nine5eclipse03, Feb-21-06 03:08 PM, #11
RE: anyone else ever amazed at the cars kids drive these days?, injendsm, Feb-21-06 03:09 PM, #12
RE: anyone else ever amazed at the cars kids drive these days?, saikou, Feb-21-06 03:39 PM, #13
      RE: anyone else ever amazed at the cars kids drive these days?, 95_ESi_Person, Feb-21-06 03:45 PM, #14
      RE: anyone else ever amazed at the cars kids drive these days?, reeveso, Feb-21-06 03:49 PM, #15
           RE: anyone else ever amazed at the cars kids drive these days?, eclpsmoneypit95, Feb-21-06 05:00 PM, #16
                RE: anyone else ever amazed at the cars kids drive these days?, lild14, Feb-21-06 05:21 PM, #17
                     RE: anyone else ever amazed at the cars kids drive these days?, burntheblobs, Feb-21-06 06:48 PM, #18
                          RE: anyone else ever amazed at the cars kids drive these days?, BlackMagic, Feb-21-06 06:59 PM, #19
                               RE: anyone else ever amazed at the cars kids drive these days?, 95_ESi_Person, Feb-21-06 07:12 PM, #20
                               RE: anyone else ever amazed at the cars kids drive these days?, ModeratoreclipzGST, Feb-21-06 07:19 PM, #21
                               RE: anyone else ever amazed at the cars kids drive these days?, 95_ESi_Person, Feb-21-06 09:37 PM, #22
                                    RE: anyone else ever amazed at the cars kids drive these days?, Diceman19, Feb-21-06 11:55 PM, #23
                               RE: anyone else ever amazed at the cars kids drive these days?, Moderatorcs82685, Feb-22-06 12:36 AM, #24
                               RE: anyone else ever amazed at the cars kids drive these days?, BlackMagic, Feb-22-06 02:42 AM, #25
                                    RE: anyone else ever amazed at the cars kids drive these days?, Dracas, Feb-22-06 03:20 AM, #26
                                         RE: anyone else ever amazed at the cars kids drive these days?, hazardeclipse, Feb-22-06 03:37 AM, #27
                                         RE: anyone else ever amazed at the cars kids drive these days?, BlackMagic, Feb-22-06 06:30 AM, #30
                                         RE: anyone else ever amazed at the cars kids drive these days?, nonamerat, Feb-28-06 07:06 AM, #41
                               RE: anyone else ever amazed at the cars kids drive these days?, BumpinTalon, Feb-24-06 08:01 PM, #36
RE: anyone else ever amazed at the cars kids drive these days?, Keith2172, Feb-22-06 05:49 AM, #28
RE: anyone else ever amazed at the cars kids drive these days?, Moderatorcs82685, Feb-22-06 06:17 AM, #29
      RE: anyone else ever amazed at the cars kids drive these days?, sonikbewm, Feb-22-06 06:56 AM, #31
           RE: anyone else ever amazed at the cars kids drive these days?, Moderatorsd_eclipse, Feb-22-06 07:32 AM, #32
           RE: anyone else ever amazed at the cars kids drive these days?, Moderator992gnt, Feb-22-06 10:27 AM, #34
           RE: anyone else ever amazed at the cars kids drive these days?, injendsm, Feb-22-06 08:19 AM, #33
                RE: anyone else ever amazed at the cars kids drive these days?, blcktalipse, Feb-24-06 05:48 PM, #35
                     RE: anyone else ever amazed at the cars kids drive these days?, gramozeka, Feb-26-06 09:20 AM, #37
                          RE: anyone else ever amazed at the cars kids drive these days?, slowmitsu, Feb-27-06 03:24 AM, #38
                               RE: anyone else ever amazed at the cars kids drive these days?, InjectedPerf, Feb-28-06 04:24 AM, #39
                                    RE: anyone else ever amazed at the cars kids drive these days?, TXTurboGS, Feb-28-06 06:12 AM, #40
                                         RE: anyone else ever amazed at the cars kids drive these days?, RSClipse9d7, Feb-28-06 11:54 AM, #42

nonameratFeb-21-06 10:58 AM
Member since Sep 22nd 2004
190 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3795, "RE: anyone else ever amazed at the cars kids drive these days?"
In response to Reply # 0

Yea I see that a lot in my town, it has a lot of richer people. I get mad and sad at the same time. Although from another point, I know a friend who is insanely rich and has an evo 8, his brother a RX-8, dad a SC430, Cayenne turbo, 997 911 Carrera, Audi S4...AND...I get to drive them all because they don't care. So I get angry because everyone in our town doesn't understand earning things or saving but at the same time I like it because I get to experience some really nice cars.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ezFeb-21-06 11:01 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3461 posts,
#3796, "RE: anyone else ever amazed at the cars kids drive these days?"
In response to Reply # 0

I'm going to give my kids bus tokens.

Word. I go to an expensive private school (that I'm paying for, he he!) and some of my classmates have new benz's, beemers, and evo's. I think a lot of them drive better cars than the doctors here. lol one of the docs I was working with said "wow what kind of car is this, it's nice" when I took him for a ride in the eclipse.

Dualgen2Feb-21-06 11:06 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3726 posts,
#3797, "RE: anyone else ever amazed at the cars kids drive these days?"
In response to Reply # 2

When I was in high school the county I lived in was the 2nd richest in the country, so I had to see kids driving BMW's and Mercedes all the time. I remember someone had a pimped out truck then a Prelude then a Supra. All in his junior and senior year. Plus a teacher had a Viper and a security guard had an M3. I got help w/ my first car but it was the 2gnt. They should be putting the $ away towards college and the future instead and driving a beater while they all learn how to drive. The average 16-18 can't drive to save there life.

2009 Corolla S - waiting until 2012 for my next toy!
*SOLD* 1992 3000GT VR4 - pearl white and 45,6xx miles!
*SOLD* 2007 Subaru Legacy GT sedan
*SOLD* 95 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4 - BPU
*SOLD* 97 Eclipse GS Star Stage 2

youkickedmydogFeb-21-06 11:07 AM
Member since Aug 16th 2004
290 posts,
#3798, "RE: anyone else ever amazed at the cars kids drive these days?"
In response to Reply # 2

I hate rich kids, last year when I was a senior in HS I showed up first day with my rs, exaust n all thinking it was a bad ass car and some kid pulled up in an 04 srt4. Mommy and daddy got it for him, a week later he put it in the woods.

Originally posted by oRACLe063
that not just any aluminum foil son !!! that reynolds wrap..lol its like the greddy of the aluminum foil world

WIDECLIPSEFeb-21-06 11:20 AM
Member since Apr 14th 2004
1528 posts,
#3801, "RE: anyone else ever amazed at the cars kids drive these days?"
In response to Reply # 4

I don't hate the rich kids, because if I ever make it to where I'm fairly comfortable, my little boy is going to be pimpin hard in a nice car. I grew up in a poor neighborhood, those that live in or around Nashville, I grew up in the East Nashville/ Inglewood area. So nice cars weren't really around at all. In high school, you were doing it if you had a car at all.

-Roman

Moderatorcs82685Feb-21-06 11:25 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2007 posts,
#3802, "RE: anyone else ever amazed at the cars kids drive these days?"
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by youkickedmydog
I hate rich kids, last year when I was a senior in HS I showed up first day with my rs, exaust n all thinking it was a bad ass car and some kid pulled up in an 04 srt4. Mommy and daddy got it for him, a week later he put it in the woods.

haha that's funny, my first day senior year of HS I took my brother's LS1, that was fun, then it was back to the RS which was still one of the nicer cars out of the kids who paid for their own shit.

saikouFeb-21-06 11:45 AM
Member since Nov 24th 2005
454 posts,
#3803, "RE: anyone else ever amazed at the cars kids drive these days?"
In response to Reply # 6

Shit, I'm used to all the kids at my college who have really high-end cars. I just nod and go on with my day.
Who cares? They're more fortunate than others, but I'm sure as hell they don't respect their cars as much as we do ours.

Moderator992gntFeb-21-06 01:10 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2245 posts,
#3808, "RE: anyone else ever amazed at the cars kids drive these days?"
In response to Reply # 7

You could tell the rich kids at my HS, their cars weren't rusty. Kids today have it made for the most part. I worked my ass of to get my Evo, yet every week it seems that a teenager is totalling one that Mom and Dad bought for a graduation gift. My first car (and 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc.) was free - make it run and you can drive it. My parents never bought me a car, but I was fortunate enough to have access to broken down hoopties I could fix up.

Greg

'19 Genesis G70 3.3t AWD
'88 Chrysler Conquest TSI

ModeratormicyekFeb-21-06 01:34 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5070 posts,
#3809, "RE: anyone else ever amazed at the cars kids drive these days?"
In response to Reply # 8

My first three cars were basically free. but they wern't anything special. a '72 cutlass supreme rust bucket, that dad had around...and still does, an '86 5th avenue from my grand father, which I traded for an '88 Buick regal with some help from my dad. This was all in the mid 90's mind you. And I worked my ass off on the farm so I couldn't have a "real" job.

The only problem I have buying kids nice cars is they don't respect them and don't know how to drive them. If I ever make I don't know what I'll do....but if my wife has anything to say about it...and she will LOL, she'll say they are on there own. heh

getty up

-kent-

'98 Talon...gone, but not forgotten

BlackMagicFeb-21-06 01:41 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1243 posts,
#3811, "RE: anyone else ever amazed at the cars kids drive these days?"
In response to Reply # 9

yea im friends with a couple kids like that, one with had an e36 m3 then an audi now a new bmw 3 series, another had a civic, wrecked it, parents got him a celica gts, got tired of it, sold it after putting a good bit of money in it, parents got him an evo8, though he is really a nice guy, still spoiled though. But yea i live in fairfax county which is one of the more expensive places to live so i see a lot of things like that. At least im faster than most of them, in a straight line at least.

http://www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=1133
*form follows function*

Nine5eclipse03Feb-21-06 03:08 PM
Member since Oct 11th 2004
335 posts,
#3816, "RE: anyone else ever amazed at the cars kids drive these days?"
In response to Reply # 10

Yeah i've got a friend whos grandfather is the founder of quicklock(he invented the bread clip lol) so he just traded in his 16th b-day present, a 03 audi a4 1.8t with a complete bodykit, and some cash for an 05 s4. Hes an awsome guy, but his parents just hand him money like its nothing.

Don't sell your car to 16 year olds...

95 Eclipse RS - Sold for 6k, totalled three days later
91 Dodge Stealth R/T TT - 3" exhaust w/ no cats, eurethane motor mounts, 300M unbreakable output shaft, kevlar faced clutch, turbo XS BOV, 99 3000gt front conversion, carbon fiber hood. Dyno'd at 386hp. - SOLD! for 5k
98 Dodge Ram 1500 Club Cab 4x4 black on black.

injendsmFeb-21-06 03:09 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6844 posts,
#3817, "RE: anyone else ever amazed at the cars kids drive these days?"
In response to Reply # 0
Feb-21-06 03:12 PM by injendsm

if it makes you feel any better, there are a couple kids with mommy and daddy certified saleen mustangs, range rovers and a cadillac cts-v at my college. i dont hate the kids though. granted, i do look down upon your run of the mill rich snot because they have no concept of money or a hard day's work but it will bite them in the ass eventually.

www.gregsorrells.com

http://ubanimator.com>

saikouFeb-21-06 03:39 PM
Member since Nov 24th 2005
454 posts,
#3818, "RE: anyone else ever amazed at the cars kids drive these days?"
In response to Reply # 12

Originally posted by injendsm
i do look down upon your run of the mill rich snot because they have no concept of money or a hard day's work but it will bite them in the ass eventually.

Werd.

95_ESi_PersonFeb-21-06 03:45 PM
Member since Sep 16th 2002
3260 posts,
#3819, "RE: anyone else ever amazed at the cars kids drive these days?"
In response to Reply # 13

I can relate, but at the same time, all of my cars have been free: 90 Buick Skylark, rusted to hell and barely ran... free; 95 Talon (durr) free, but I pay for all maintenance and everything else for it.

My next vehicle, WAS around $40k new, will be free, but that is a graduation present and a replacement for my slowly dying car. 02 Trailblazer (yes, I know, GM problems will still be there). 100k on it lowers the value quite a bit.

Even though all of mine were and are free to me, I am forever gratefull for them. I still respect the Buick, I love the Talon, and I will baby that SUV.

reevesoFeb-21-06 03:49 PM
Member since Nov 01st 2003
512 posts,
#3820, "RE: anyone else ever amazed at the cars kids drive these days?"
In response to Reply # 13

i went to HS with a kid who's parents bought him a 350z when they first came out. at least he wasn't an idiot with it though; he never raced..actually his g/f raced it though lmao and he wouldn't, which he got made fun of for awhile...he never wrecked it tho and i think still has it, bad thing is though, he washes it at car washes

eclpsmoneypit95Feb-21-06 05:00 PM
Member since Mar 09th 2005
371 posts,
#3823, "RE: anyone else ever amazed at the cars kids drive these days?"
In response to Reply # 15

This thread makes me laugh. When I was in high school, I drove a 1952 Willys Cj3. I can still picture the looks I got back then...

That blue car got me boobies once

lild14Feb-21-06 05:21 PM
Donating 2GNT member
343 posts,
#3824, "RE: anyone else ever amazed at the cars kids drive these days?"
In response to Reply # 16

well, my parents are well-off......so when it came around for my graduation gift.......i was trying to get them to get me an evo......but instead got me a NON turbo eclipse lol best thing that ever happend to me IMO. cause for one, i aint gona wreck it because i wouldnt dare race it and embarace myself lol. im glad they didnt get me a nifty car with all the bells and whistles. and you know what........since then ive been putting my own money into it and ive made it nicer than most of the cars those kids are driving anyways IMO. plus it'll be turboed someday so poo on them. dsm for life.

=Dan=

98rs eclipse- Mods: BC2, C/F hood, custom turbo system consisting of a PTE SC50, turbosmart ultra gate (10psi), star FMIC and pipes, SFMU, HKS SSQV, 3" V-BAND downpipe from ATP, Zeitronix Wideband LCD displaying boost, egt and 02. *** SOLD and will be missed***

2006 gsxr 750- jardine gp1 exhaust, -1,+2 stealth sprockets, DID 525 chain, JD products pro TRE. 0-60 in a sneeze. ran a 10.8 avg 1/4 mile my first time to the track on street tires, stock swingarm and unstrapped.

burntheblobsFeb-21-06 06:48 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1445 posts,
#3826, "RE: anyone else ever amazed at the cars kids drive these days?"
In response to Reply # 17
Feb-21-06 07:05 PM by burntheblobs

Kid at my school wrapped an M3 around a tree...a few weeks later, his parents bought him a nicer M3 to replace it. My parents make me save up for my car stuff and pay for the expenses. The way it should be.

1991 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX - SOLD
2006 Mustang GT Convertible

BlackMagicFeb-21-06 06:59 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1243 posts,
#3827, "RE: anyone else ever amazed at the cars kids drive these days?"
In response to Reply # 18

ooh i forgot a couple people, one i used to play hockey with, parents got him an s2000 and put all the money in it for him, you may have seen it in super street, it made over 600whp thanks to mommy and daddy, and they got him a wrx for a daily driver. Another friend rolled his yellow s2000 in a ditch, then when he told his dad he said, so, do you want a white one now. And yea those guys are dicks.

*form follows function*

95_ESi_PersonFeb-21-06 07:12 PM
3260 posts,
#3828, "RE: anyone else ever amazed at the cars kids drive these days?"
In response to Reply # 19
Feb-21-06 07:13 PM by 95_ESi_Person

Yeah, I go outside and look across the street. Some kid has a freeking H2. Another one has a Z8, and I can't tell you how many girls on campus have some sort of newer SUV or Lexus.

Granted, I have pretty much had everything handed to me, but I respect and am extremely greatful for whatever I have recieved. The ONLY reason my dad gave me the Talon was because I went up to him and told him I'd pay him whatever it was worth and the rest of the payments for that car. That was what made him keep it for another couple of years just to give me.

The car I will be recieving, I did not ask for... I won't ask my parents for anything, I cannot thank them ENOUGH for what they have done for me, they payed for college for me, which I'm extremely greatful for.

Some girl I worked with had a brand new Mustang (this was before the new body style) she was in highschool still, she's like "I made my daddy get it for me" I'm guessing that it's been wrapped around a tree by now.

Moral of my story: I don't like snobby people who take gifts for granted. Be humble and thankful. I still thank my parents to this day for giving me the black hole money pit called the 95 Eagle Talon... a.k.a. Evil Betty!

ModeratoreclipzGSTFeb-21-06 07:19 PM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#3829, "RE: anyone else ever amazed at the cars kids drive these days?"

My dad gave me a rusted up old POS 4wd pickup truck when I was in HS as my 1st vehicle. At that point we only used it to pull the boat in and out of the water so it was only used a couple times a year and sat in the back lot anyway.
The first "real" car I had was a 96 eclipse GS that I bought on my own...
Traded that in for a 98 GST that I bought on my own...
Traded that in for a 06 Evo that I'm paying for on my own...

Originally posted by Avenger
When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

"Never whistle while your pissing." ~The illuminatus Trilogy

95_ESi_PersonFeb-21-06 09:37 PM
3260 posts,
#3837, "RE: anyone else ever amazed at the cars kids drive these days?"
In response to Reply # 21

Originally posted by eclipzGST
The first "real" car I had was a 96 eclipse GS that I bought on my own... Traded that in for a 98 GST that I bought on my own... Traded that in for a 06 Evo that I'm paying for on my own...

I will be so proud of the first car I buy on my own...

But I feel like I have in a way purchased the Talon... Around $8k of my money put into it, way more than it's worth (according to KBB.com, $8k more than it's worth). That goes into repairs and modification... mainly repairs... $2.5-3k in wheels, 2 different stereos, and tires, muffler, intake, TB, (soon to be short shifter, just ordered).

Yeah, KBB.com gave the Talon a price of N/A!!! 201k miles with over $3k in damage, and some odor inside will do that... on top of leaking oil and trans fluid like crazy.

Diceman19Feb-21-06 11:55 PM
Donating 2GNT member
4629 posts,
#3838, "RE: anyone else ever amazed at the cars kids drive these days?"
In response to Reply # 22

my first car was a 1985 oldsmobile delta88 four door tank. given to me by my mother because she bought a new car for herself. my second car was a 1998 lincoln towncar, bought and paid for myself under mom's name. third car was the RS, bought and paid for in my dad's name. now i have the GSX bought and paid for in my name, have had a 89 cavilier beater, and now have a 95 neon beater. also bought a 954RR in my name. there are probably more cars but i dont remember them now.

Moderatorcs82685Feb-22-06 12:36 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2007 posts,
#3839, "RE: anyone else ever amazed at the cars kids drive these days?"

Originally posted by BlackMagic
ooh i forgot a couple people, one i used to play hockey with, parents got him an s2000 and put all the money in it for him, you may have seen it in super street, it made over 600whp thanks to mommy and daddy, and they got him a wrx for a daily driver. And yea those guys are dicks.

I read about this guy, yeah all I thought when reading the artical was this kid didn't pay for jack shit, I remember b/c they said he had a wrx as a DD

BlackMagicFeb-22-06 02:42 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1243 posts,
#3843, "RE: anyone else ever amazed at the cars kids drive these days?"
In response to Reply # 24

Originally posted by cs82685
Originally posted by BlackMagic ooh i forgot a couple people, one i used to play hockey with, parents got him an s2000 and put all the money in it for him, you may have seen it in super street, it made over 600whp thanks to mommy and daddy, and they got him a wrx for a daily driver. And yea those guys are dicks.
I read about this guy, yeah all I thought when reading the artical was this kid didn't pay for jack shit, I remember b/c they said he had a wrx as a DD

yep he's a douche

*form follows function*

DracasFeb-22-06 03:20 AM
Member since Jan 09th 2004
330 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3845, "RE: anyone else ever amazed at the cars kids drive these days?"
In response to Reply # 25

It seems that everyone in highschool here drives a 2006 Mustang GT. They like to try "drifting" out of the school parking lot and almost into my front yard. If they see me out working on my car they have to show off too, lol.

hazardeclipseFeb-22-06 03:37 AM
Member since Oct 09th 2003
640 posts,
#3846, "RE: anyone else ever amazed at the cars kids drive these days?"
In response to Reply # 26

My parents bought me my eclipse when i turned 18.... ive paid for all the insurance, registration,(and all the parts to keep it running)I wasn't able to get my liscence until after i graduated though... My mom works at a hospital, and sees these 15-16 year old kids come through with head injuries, or worse. So she was a little protective of me driving. Hell, in highschool, i couldnt even RIDE with people in cars... Looking back on it though, i've never been in an accident, and have only gotten pulled over twice... 1 ticket, 1 warning and that's in the 3 years i've had it. You really respect your car and dont do stupid shit when you wait until you're more mature to start driving...

RIP- Rustbucket 1995-2009

‹hazardeclipse› by the way youre thinking of hazard_eclipse
‹hazardeclipse› thats not my fucking car
‹teklein› Oh yeah
‹hazardeclipse› he stole my name
‹hazardeclipse› fuck that radioactive yellow shit
‹teklein› Hazard_eclipse is the homo.

BlackMagicFeb-22-06 06:30 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1243 posts,
#3857, "RE: anyone else ever amazed at the cars kids drive these days?"
In response to Reply # 27
Feb-22-06 06:31 AM by BlackMagic

yea i had a friend who couldn't drive in anyones car under 18, i started driving the first day i was able to get my liscence, but i knew not to be stupid, my brother totalled 2 cars within 2 hours of getting his liscence, so yea you bet your ass i was going the speed limit and paying attention to everything lol though i didn't get my own car for a while i had to share with my mom until we could afford to get me one, which turned out to be a 98 civic ex, i liked it for a first car.

*form follows function*

nonameratFeb-28-06 07:06 AM
Member since Sep 22nd 2004
190 posts,
#4313, "RE: anyone else ever amazed at the cars kids drive these days?"
In response to Reply # 26

Originally posted by Dracas
It seems that everyone in highschool here drives a 2006 Mustang GT. They like to try "drifting" out of the school parking lot and almost into my front yard. If they see me out working on my car they have to show off too, lol.

Odd, here at college there are TONS of Mustangs, all V6's though. And they all find it necessary to attempt drifting whenever they see people walking. I just laugh at the crappy sound of their "duel" exhaust on that V6.

BumpinTalonFeb-24-06 08:01 PM
Member since Mar 23rd 2004
2381 posts,
#4000, "RE: anyone else ever amazed at the cars kids drive these days?"

Originally posted by BlackMagic
ooh i forgot a couple people, one i used to play hockey with, parents got him an s2000 and put all the money in it for him, you may have seen it in super street, it made over 600whp thanks to mommy and daddy, and they got him a wrx for a daily driver. Another friend rolled his yellow s2000 in a ditch, then when he told his dad he said, so, do you want a white one now. And yea those guys are dicks.

I remember reading that one and wondering why there wasn't a massive bash in a sidebar or something.

My first car was a '73 nova that was cool because it was so fucking old and in turn made cooler by the hilarious adventures we had in it. plus the megabuck stereo systems that could have made up the difference between my '95 ESi auto (which I bought myself) and a nicer Talon, like a '97 Tsi AWD or something.

the richest kid at my school drove an MX-3 with like $40k into it and was e-famous the whole time the previous owner had it. next richest, a Civic.

1995 Eagle Talon ESi

Keith2172Feb-22-06 05:49 AM
Member since Jan 16th 2004
1281 posts,
#3852, "RE: anyone else ever amazed at the cars kids drive these days?"
In response to Reply # 0

My parents bought me my first car, kinda. They got me a '72 Mustang, it was a rust bucket, but since I was 15, there was time. My father and I tore it down to shell and rebuilt the whole god damned thing, there wasn't a single sq. inch of that car I hadn't either bled, sweat, or cursed in! I can still remember lying under the car for a week in the middle of summer, scraping undercoating for hours, falling asleep under the car, then waking up and scraping again. So I think I pretty much earned that car, that and it was the third fastest in school, preceded by a GTO owned by a guy who's still one of my closest friends, and a Fox-Mustang that was a retired nitrous dragster.
The richie-rich's in my school drove some pretty nice things, but the one that sticks out in my mind is some schmuck who in his sophmore year, drove his lowered Escalade over some railroad tracks and high centered, left it there and didn't bother to call anyone about it, 5 hours later a train hit it and totaled it. That was Friday night. Monday morning he cruised into school in a brand new Saleen Mustang that his parents bought him that weekend.
The other kid I remember was driving an Audi and decided he didn’t like the car anymore, so he drained the oil and took it for a full blast run on the freeway. I’m sure you can imagine the consequences, he got a new Camaro.

Representing the Central Cali chapter of 2GNT!
(I think I'm the only member )

Moderatorcs82685Feb-22-06 06:17 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2007 posts,
#3856, "RE: anyone else ever amazed at the cars kids drive these days?"
In response to Reply # 28

Originally posted by Keith2172
The richie-rich's in my school drove some pretty nice things, but the one that sticks out in my mind is some schmuck who in his sophmore year, drove his lowered Escalade over some railroad tracks and high centered, left it there and didn't bother to call anyone about it, 5 hours later a train hit it and totaled it. That was Friday night. Monday morning he cruised into school in a brand new Saleen Mustang that his parents bought him that weekend. The other kid I remember was driving an Audi and decided he didn’t like the car anymore, so he drained the oil and took it for a full blast run on the freeway. I’m sure you can imagine the consequences, he got a new Camaro.

IMO these two kids should be shot

sonikbewmFeb-22-06 06:56 AM
Member since Dec 01st 2001
4011 posts,
#3858, "RE: anyone else ever amazed at the cars kids drive these days?"
In response to Reply # 29

I have paid for every single vehicle that I have ever had. I think it makes you respect it more.

Jason
'11 Ford Mustang GT/CS
'11 Ford Mustang V6 6-Speed (SOLD)
'04 Nissan 350z Touring (SOLD)
'95 Turbo Eclipse GS (SOLD and will be missed)
'90 Talon TSi AWD (SOLD)

Moderatorsd_eclipseFeb-22-06 07:32 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1543 posts,
#3859, "RE: anyone else ever amazed at the cars kids drive these days?"
In response to Reply # 31

I don't really see much wrong with it. It's just parents being well, parents. It's a natural evolution that you always want to provide better then what you yourself had. You better believe if I have to means to provide it my own children they will get it. Whether it be the latest cool car or whatever he/she may desire. I'll admit, my parents did buy my first car. I drove it off the acura lot almost 3hrs after passing my driver license test. The car was given to me but insurance, maintence, etc was all me. It somewhat gave me a sense of responsiblity knowing I had bills that needed to be paid. Granted I had a nice new car, I really didn't get to enjoy it that much. My ass was at work right after school and even weekends to cover the insurance, give me some spending money etc. I learned the value of money but others that did not know me probably thought I was some spoiled kid cause all they saw was a 16yr old with a new car. Not all books can be judged by the cover.

Moderator992gntFeb-22-06 10:27 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2245 posts,
#3869, "RE: anyone else ever amazed at the cars kids drive these days?"
In response to Reply # 32

Originally posted by sd_eclipse
Not all books can be judged by the cover.

Unfortunately that's usually the exception, not the norm.

Greg

'19 Genesis G70 3.3t AWD
'88 Chrysler Conquest TSI

injendsmFeb-22-06 08:19 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6844 posts,
#3861, "RE: anyone else ever amazed at the cars kids drive these days?"
In response to Reply # 31
Feb-22-06 08:20 AM by injendsm

Originally posted by sonikbewm
I have paid for every single vehicle that I have ever had. I think it makes you respect it more.

that all depends. my parents paid for my eclipse but i paid for every modification and repair done to it and i can honestly say that i respect it just as much as i do the gtp that i payed for. i think that it all comes down to the person in question. some people are just spoiled brats and will never respect anything that is handed to them while there are other people, like myself, who have certain things handed to them but hold those things in a high regard.

www.gregsorrells.com

http://ubanimator.com>

blcktalipseFeb-24-06 05:48 PM
Member since Sep 20th 2003
1067 posts,
#3999, "RE: anyone else ever amazed at the cars kids drive these days?"
In response to Reply # 33

my first car was an old celica gt auto(sucked...had some ghetto stickers on the side that said KIM that were scraped off but u could still read)
Then i had a 81 z28 (fun as hell but very unreliable)
Then auto 97 esi sold that and got my now 95 gst

gramozekaFeb-26-06 09:20 AM
Member since Aug 16th 2005
327 posts,
#4113, "RE: anyone else ever amazed at the cars kids drive these days?"
In response to Reply # 35
Feb-26-06 09:26 AM by gramozeka

1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88 - bought myself $175
1993 Eclipse - got from my mom, mind you I was maintaining the car for my mom even before I got full ownership of the car
1998 Talon Esi - bought myself

I have seen all of those kids...
kids whose parent's buy them the car, parents still buy them everything
kids who write off their soul to buy the car, they are still living on credit
kid's who are lucky enough that their parents will let them drive the car in the evening, this kids can go any of the ways above.

In all of those categories there are people who care and who don't care about their cars.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
98 Stock Talon ESi
Mods: New spark Plugs NGK, Fresh ATF, K&N, AGX, UDP and ZipTies tieing the strut towers (according to BlackMagic increases my torsional rigidity)
I know spark plugs are not a mod but the car runs so smooth now.

slowmitsuFeb-27-06 03:24 AM
Member since May 26th 2005
343 posts,
#4217, "RE: anyone else ever amazed at the cars kids drive these days?"
In response to Reply # 37

My grand parents actually did something kinda cool. Every month after I was born until I was 16 they put like 10 or so bucks in a savings account. By the time I was 16 it was around 2000 dollars and they bought my first vehicle and first 6 months of insurance but they would take the truck back if I didn't have a job. After that it was all on my dime.

I understand parents wanting to help their kids on their first vehicle but in my humble opinion it needs to be a dilapidated piece of shit. You want something nicer? Work for it.

_______

BPU'd skittle

InjectedPerfFeb-28-06 04:24 AM
Member since Feb 28th 2006
5 posts,
#4309, "RE: anyone else ever amazed at the cars kids drive these days?"
In response to Reply # 38

My parents gave me my first car, a 90 chrysler new yorker, and i drove it into the ground. But then my brother turned 18, graduated high shcool, and they gave him an RX-8, what gives.
There are some seriously young drivers out there driving a lot more car than they need for their first one.

I can understand and live with parents giving their kids a beater, but to buy them brand new cars imo is just plain dumb.

TXTurboGSFeb-28-06 06:12 AM
Member since Sep 29th 2003
333 posts,
#4311, "RE: anyone else ever amazed at the cars kids drive these days?"
In response to Reply # 39

Being a parent, and owning a nice car, I kind of understand where you are comming from. What I say is this, don't mind them, just be proud of your own accomplishments.

My kids are 3 and 8 moths, but I would not mind spoiling them in the future if they've earned it with good grades and general good behavior. Of course if they are wreckless and don't give a shit, then that is another story.

RSClipse9d7Feb-28-06 11:54 AM
Member since Dec 08th 2001
915 posts,
#4325, "RE: anyone else ever amazed at the cars kids drive these days?"
In response to Reply # 40

While I agree that new drivers maybe should not be given a brand new car because of lack of experience, old cars are not as safe. When my brother stared looking for his car (he is now 17) I offered to have the Eclipse sold if it was the difference between hm being in something unreliable and unsafe, or something a little more expensive that wasn't going to break down or not protect him in an accident. Safety standards have grossly improved over the years, and that was the main reason my family put the money into my brothers car that we did. Granted, it was still less that 10k, but still more expensive than some of the cars you guys are talking about having.

97 RS- Runs, but never driven
2000 Subaru Outback- Daily Driver

Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #3794 Previous topic | Next topic