Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #31190
View in linear mode

Subject: "2g really timeless?" Previous topic | Next topic
DSMRoadsterJan-30-08 04:30 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3445 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#31190, "2g really timeless?"

It's been 3 years since I've parted with my special RST. I'd upgraded to more classy and fitting g35 since then. I get numerous compliments and eyes on every where I go. I believe it's because of the wheels. Today as I'm leaving class, I spot a 2g. Clean body kit and subtle spoiler. Dropped with some nice 18's and big ole greddy in the back. I slowed down and admire this car that hasn't been produced in 9 years. I realized that I can only think of one other car out there right now that still gets the same reaction and look from it for being almost a decade old. The 2g is a sexxy, sleek and advance design for it's time. The only other car that shares the same feeling at first sight would be a Supra. This G driver knows what respect is. And you still gotta respect the 2g in every aspects. Turbocharge it and change the 2nd and 4th paper syncros on the tranny and you have yourself a bulletproof tranny. Put in new rods and pistons and push as much boost as you like. The crank is already knife edge from the factory. The head already has great flow, but go ahead an spend a little time porting it out. Change out the injectors for more fuel, like any other car and you're good to know. the 420A is probably one of the best and easiest engine I've ever worked on. Here to you mighty 2g.

intricatelines.com/ -graphics and vinyls

"Tell them of us and say,
For their tomorrow,
We gave our today."
-- The Kohima Epitaph

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: 2g really timeless?, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Jan-31-08 12:31 AM, #1
RE: 2g really timeless?, 2GeclipseRS, Jan-31-08 08:05 AM, #2
      RE: 2g really timeless?, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Jan-31-08 08:11 AM, #3
      RE: 2g really timeless?, dsmtuner1, Jan-31-08 08:23 AM, #4
      RE: 2g really timeless?, turbo8u, Jan-31-08 08:24 AM, #5
           RE: 2g really timeless?, DSMRoadster, Jan-31-08 06:04 PM, #6
                RE: 2g really timeless?, turbo8u, Jan-31-08 08:31 PM, #7
                     RE: 2g really timeless?, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Feb-01-08 12:27 AM, #8

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonJan-31-08 12:31 AM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#31191, "RE: 2g really timeless?"
In response to Reply # 0
Jan-31-08 12:32 AM by Star Turbo Talon

I dont know what your talking about with the 2nd and 4th synchros. 4th is no different than 3rd and 5th and some early trannys had a brass 1st and second. None of which were a problem.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

2GeclipseRSJan-31-08 08:05 AM
Member since May 06th 2007
781 posts,
#31196, "RE: 2g really timeless?"
In response to Reply # 1

Why are the synchro's paper?

Upgrades? Where?

Just so happens i have a spare nvt350 sitting on my porch right now waiting to go into the *cough* batmobile..... I have no problems cracking the case open to upgrade the synchros.

2g's are nice but 1g awd's are growing on me.

They didn't have that whole problem with the lower control arms breaking in half causing the car to careen all over the place until it hits something......

Food for thought.

Goodnight sweetheart...yes its time to go...bum bum bum bum bum...good night sweetheart yes I am one little a$$hole......bum bum bum bum....

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonJan-31-08 08:11 AM
8331 posts,
#31197, "RE: 2g really timeless?"
In response to Reply # 2

they are not paper, more like a clutch friction material or variant of it. There is nothing to upgrade to except for brass which in my experience is not an upgrade, they dont work better. I prefer the factory synchro rings.

dsmtuner1Jan-31-08 08:23 AM
Member since Jul 03rd 2006
245 posts,
#31199, "RE: 2g really timeless?"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by Star Turbo Talon
they are not paper, more like a clutch friction material or variant of it. There is nothing to upgrade to except for brass which in my experience is not an upgrade, they dont work better. I prefer the factory synchro rings.

I'd prefer your parachuting Avatar have a smaller chute for humor purposes.

2 sets of injectors is better than 1 =)

turbo8uJan-31-08 08:24 AM
Member since Jun 15th 2003
10552 posts,
#31200, "RE: 2g really timeless?"
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by 2GeclipseRS
They didn't have that whole problem with the lower control arms breaking in half causing the car to careen all over the place until it hits something...... Food for thought.

right. yea. they just have that problem with the transfer case leaking and ultimately causing all fours to lock up resulting in a kickass death slide. food for thought.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

96 Black ESi
91 Red TSI AWD (RIP)
02 WRX

"turnin wrenches for nine hours in the pouring rain, just to get the beast up and running again"

Aerospace Certified TIG welder for Precision Castparts in Portland, OR.

JoshSpair.com

DSMRoadsterJan-31-08 06:04 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3445 posts,
#31213, "RE: 2g really timeless?"
In response to Reply # 5

fellas fellas. Can we just please pay homage to the 2g?

intricatelines.com/ -graphics and vinyls

"Tell them of us and say,
For their tomorrow,
We gave our today."
-- The Kohima Epitaph

turbo8uJan-31-08 08:31 PM
Member since Jun 15th 2003
10552 posts,
#31217, "RE: 2g really timeless?"
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by DSMRoadster
fellas fellas. Can we just please pay homage to the 2g?

ill pay homage when I get done hacking the floor pan out with a sawzall

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

96 Black ESi
91 Red TSI AWD (RIP)
02 WRX

"turnin wrenches for nine hours in the pouring rain, just to get the beast up and running again"

Aerospace Certified TIG welder for Precision Castparts in Portland, OR.

JoshSpair.com

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonFeb-01-08 12:27 AM
8331 posts,
#31221, "RE: 2g really timeless?"
In response to Reply # 7

lol yeah i payed homage with the 2 or three last ones that got piled into the back of my pickup..lol

The AWD transfer case was a real nice mitsu fuckup!

Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #31190 Previous topic | Next topic