Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #24660
View in linear mode

Subject: "head gasket job on a 93 cavy" Previous topic | Next topic
talon749May-31-07 07:06 PM
Member since Jul 13th 2005
421 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#24660, "head gasket job on a 93 cavy"

Hey guys, my girlfriend has a '93 Chevrolet caviler with the 2.2L engine and the head gasket went out on it, anyone know how hard the job is to do? New gasket and head bolts are pretty cheap.

-Keith

'92 BMW 325i - 3.91 LSD....Cold air intake....M52 headers.....Track pipe....Remus back....Fan Delete....UUC short throw...M3 Clutch Flywheel & Drive Shaft...Tien Coil overs

I <3 the twisties

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

turbo8uJun-01-07 04:09 AM
Member since Jun 15th 2003
10552 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#24669, "RE: head gasket job on a 93 cavy"
In response to Reply # 0

yea not exactly rocket science, rip that shit apart

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

96 Black ESi
91 Red TSI AWD (RIP)
02 WRX

"turnin wrenches for nine hours in the pouring rain, just to get the beast up and running again"

Aerospace Certified TIG welder for Precision Castparts in Portland, OR.

JoshSpair.com

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

freelancefoolJun-01-07 04:10 AM
Donating 2GNT member
765 posts,
#24670, "RE: head gasket job on a 93 cavy"
In response to Reply # 0

I haven't done one, just looked under the hood. I would venture a guess that it is easier to do the head gasket on that than on my RS.

My Blog

eclipse982nrRSTJun-01-07 11:12 AM
Member since Mar 16th 2004
6314 posts,
#24756, "RE: head gasket job on a 93 cavy"
In response to Reply # 2

I can do them in about 2.5 hours at work. A first timer, I would bet it will be about 6-8 hours.

I can do them quickly because I have the use of air tools and am a GM Technician and done a lot. Most people dont use air tools at their house, so that actually does take longer obviously. If you need help along the way, just PM me.

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

talon749Jun-01-07 06:13 PM
Member since Jul 13th 2005
421 posts,
#24762, "RE: head gasket job on a 93 cavy"
In response to Reply # 3

alright man thanks, what all will I want to replace while i have it all off? exc the head bolts and the gasket, what all will I need to take off? TIA!

-Keith

'92 BMW 325i - 3.91 LSD....Cold air intake....M52 headers.....Track pipe....Remus back....Fan Delete....UUC short throw...M3 Clutch Flywheel & Drive Shaft...Tien Coil overs

I <3 the twisties

Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #24660 Previous topic | Next topic