Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #12639
View in linear mode

Subject: ""Lady in the Water"" Previous topic | Next topic
95_ESi_PersonJul-21-06 05:56 PM
Member since Sep 16th 2002
3260 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12639, ""Lady in the Water""

Save your money and don't watch it. I want my $14 back.

Big Fish meets Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter.

Shymilan should not make any more movies that come out of an acid trip.

It did have a few good parts, but the "scary" parts were the typical sudden image and loud sudden sound shockers.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: "Lady in the Water", dsmmyth, Jul-21-06 06:30 PM, #1
RE: "Lady in the Water", ModeratoreclipzGST, Jul-21-06 06:55 PM, #2
RE: "Lady in the Water", kain_99gs, Jul-22-06 02:36 AM, #3
      RE: "Lady in the Water", CrazyEclipse, Jul-22-06 03:30 AM, #4
           RE: "Lady in the Water", Moderatorxcasbonx, Jul-22-06 03:49 AM, #5
                RE: "Lady in the Water", DanKid, Jul-22-06 06:48 AM, #6
                     RE: "Lady in the Water", Malenko, Jul-22-06 09:00 AM, #7
                          RE: "Lady in the Water", slowmitsu, Jul-22-06 10:29 AM, #8
                          RE: "Lady in the Water", kain_99gs, Jul-22-06 12:22 PM, #9
                               RE: "Lady in the Water", Moderatorcs82685, Jul-22-06 05:18 PM, #10
                                    RE: "Lady in the Water", 95_ESi_Person, Jul-22-06 06:57 PM, #11
                          RE: "Lady in the Water", turbo8u, Jul-22-06 09:34 PM, #12
                               RE: "Lady in the Water", kain_99gs, Jul-23-06 12:04 AM, #13
                               RE: "Lady in the Water", HipHop615, Jul-23-06 10:12 AM, #14
                               RE: "Lady in the Water", 95_ESi_Person, Jul-23-06 10:25 AM, #15

dsmmythJul-21-06 06:30 PM
Member since Aug 24th 2004
1178 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12640, "RE: "Lady in the Water""
In response to Reply # 0

14 bucks!? Did the ticket come with a steak?

1998 Eclipse GS

GS-T Axleback|CAI|OBX 4-1 Header|AF/X UDP|

Originally posted by Kaoz78
Did you happen to look at the post date of this topic? I didn't think so there Jesus. Way to raise Lazarus, buddy.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ModeratoreclipzGSTJul-21-06 06:55 PM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#12641, "RE: "Lady in the Water""
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by 95_ESi_Person
It did have a few good parts, but the "scary" parts were the typical sudden image and loud sudden sound shockers.

well, that usually works. If you knew it was coming, it wouldn't scare you.

Originally posted by Avenger
When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

"Never whistle while your pissing." ~The illuminatus Trilogy

kain_99gsJul-22-06 02:36 AM
Member since May 04th 2004
536 posts,
#12644, "RE: "Lady in the Water""
In response to Reply # 2

Isn't it hard to live up to your own high expectations. If people just enjoyed his movies now for what they are instead of comparing them to his old ones or others then you probablly wouldn't say your money was a waste.

such is life though. Every chinese movie pre or post matrix in the states got slapped with the "if you enjoyed the matrix..."

It's rediculous.

CrazyEclipseJul-22-06 03:30 AM
Member since Jul 30th 2002
2503 posts,
#12645, "RE: "Lady in the Water""
In response to Reply # 3

I read in a review somewhere that despite the poor reviews for this movie, from a child's perspective, they would understand the meaning behind it. I havnt seen it so I have no clue. I also remember reading there was some text at the very end of the mive after the credits that was significant to the movie too. Eh... Not something I was gonna see anyway.

Maybe when it gets shown on HBO, I'll watch it. Until then not worth my $10 to see or rent it imo.

1998 GS-Turbo KANDY -- For Sale
1999 GS-Non Turbo 10th anniversary Edition

I have been in bed with Dino.....ask me for a picture!

ModeratorxcasbonxJul-22-06 03:49 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2874 posts,
#12646, "RE: "Lady in the Water""
In response to Reply # 4

You need to understand M. Night's way of making movies. He as an interesting perspective for how he directs. So atleast expect that much.

http://www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=1185

DanKidJul-22-06 06:48 AM
Member since Oct 29th 2004
480 posts,
#12648, "RE: "Lady in the Water""
In response to Reply # 5

I was reading in some magazine that he had a lot riding on this movie. It said he had parted ways with Disney and was now working with Warner Bros. He said in the interview that this movie would make or break his career. From the post you guys have made I guess his career is in the garbage. I think this guy's problem is that he has been trying to make all of his movies end with a shocking twist like the "6th Sense". Unbreakable sucked big time and so did the village.

MalenkoJul-22-06 09:00 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3534 posts,
#12649, "RE: "Lady in the Water""
In response to Reply # 6

Thats what I dont get about him.. he made ONE good movie; the sixth sense. Everything else has sucked to no end. If it wasnt for UltraViolet, the Village would be the worst movie Ive ever seen.

slowmitsuJul-22-06 10:29 AM
Member since May 26th 2005
343 posts,
#12651, "RE: "Lady in the Water""
In response to Reply # 7

Originally posted by Malenko
Thats what I dont get about him.. he made ONE good movie; the sixth sense. Everything else has sucked to no end. If it wasnt for UltraViolet, the Village would be the worst movie Ive ever seen.

hahaha woooord

_______

BPU'd skittle

kain_99gsJul-22-06 12:22 PM
536 posts,
#12656, "RE: "Lady in the Water""
In response to Reply # 8

signs was rad in the pants.

The part i liked about the village *SPOILER* was the first time the monsters come from the right hand side of the screen. It was like some jim hensen/dark crystal shit right there. I liked it.

Different strokes, always.

Moderatorcs82685Jul-22-06 05:18 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2007 posts,
#12668, "RE: "Lady in the Water""
In response to Reply # 9

Originally posted by kain_99gs
signs was rad in the pants. The part i liked about the village *SPOILER* was the first time the monsters come from the right hand side of the screen. It was like some jim hensen/dark crystal shit right there. I liked it. Different strokes, always.

I thought signs and the village were pretty good too, although this lady in the water movie looks dumb as hell

I contributed to the Wiki!
EVO IX - just a really expensive boost gauge and a K&N air filter
96 Eclipse RS -awaiting registration and inspection
95 Eclipse GS - parts car
Mods/Profile - http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=cs82685

95_ESi_PersonJul-22-06 06:57 PM
3260 posts,
#12671, "RE: "Lady in the Water""
In response to Reply # 10

Ok... $14 = 2 people.

For what it was, it was alright, and like Signs and The Village, there were a few pretty funny parts, but this was one was just wierd.

Maybe I'm not the kind for the "scary" fantasy movies.

turbo8uJul-22-06 09:34 PM
Member since Jun 15th 2003
10552 posts,
#12674, "RE: "Lady in the Water""
In response to Reply # 7
Jul-22-06 09:35 PM by turbo8u

Originally posted by Malenko

lmao

edit:

Originally posted by 95_ESi_Person
Ok... $14 = 2 people.

taking your mom to a movie in the talon = pimp

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

96 Black ESi
91 Red TSI AWD (RIP)
02 WRX

"turnin wrenches for nine hours in the pouring rain, just to get the beast up and running again"

Aerospace Certified TIG welder for Precision Castparts in Portland, OR.

JoshSpair.com

kain_99gsJul-23-06 12:04 AM
536 posts,
#12678, "RE: "Lady in the Water""
In response to Reply # 12

lmfao...

You guys didn't share a soda and a box of milk duds?

HipHop615Jul-23-06 10:12 AM
Member since Sep 14th 2003
2333 posts,
#12687, "RE: "Lady in the Water""
In response to Reply # 13

I just saw it last night...Ummm it was alright...Nothing to special...For those who have seen it, i just thought it was kinda weird how everyone in the complex didnt even doubt what was going on and they just trusted it was true...idk

Turbo8u - "I've never heard so many BOV's in my life at once..." (At So. Cali Meet-Up Sep. 25th)

Me - "I don't think I lost the love for my car, I think the cops took it..."

95_ESi_PersonJul-23-06 10:25 AM
3260 posts,
#12690, "RE: "Lady in the Water""
In response to Reply # 12

Originally posted by turbo8u
Originally posted by 95_ESi_Person Ok... $14 = 2 people.
taking your mom to a movie in the talon = pimp

No, it was the fiance in the Trailblazer. Talon sits in one spot.

Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #12639 Previous topic | Next topic