Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #11689
View in linear mode

Subject: "OH SNAP, The Eclipse got hit.... 56K make Lemonade" Previous topic | Next topic
ChamukoJul-08-06 04:44 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3668 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11689, "OH SNAP, The Eclipse got hit.... 56K make Lemonade"
Jul-02-06 06:31 PM by thedawg

So Im at the dealer getting that damn bolt I needed for the MM and my bro calls me " Hey dude, your car just got hit". I figure its a joke or a friend that stoped by and is saying this to get me home. So I simply replied " Shut up, If your messing around Ill go home and kick you in the nads and kick your car". So it went like this for the next exchange, so I headed home.

As soon as I turn the corner, I see this kid sitting on the curb across the street from where my car was parked. Next to his VW Jetta (with dealer plates stilla attached). Get to my car, slam on the brakes. I expected a fender bender, but forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=60&topic_id=11689&mesg_id=11689&page=#11692

Member # 751

FOUNDER of the Central Cali chapter of 2GNT!
(I got kicked out after I refused to go Cow tiping) - Hehehe you know who this is for

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: OH SNAP, The Eclipse got hit...., AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Jul-02-06 07:04 AM, #1
RE: OH SNAP, The Eclipse got hit...., .bs0d, Jul-02-06 07:06 AM, #2
      RE: OH SNAP, The Eclipse got hit...., Chamuko, Jul-02-06 07:11 AM, #3
           RE: OH SNAP, The Eclipse got hit...., slowmitsu, Jul-02-06 07:13 AM, #4
                RE: OH SNAP, The Eclipse got hit...., Hult250R, Jul-02-06 07:17 AM, #5
                     RE: OH SNAP, The Eclipse got hit...., Chamuko, Jul-02-06 07:20 AM, #6
                          RE: OH SNAP, The Eclipse got hit...., BumpinTalon, Jul-02-06 07:58 AM, #7
                               RE: OH SNAP, The Eclipse got hit...., TeamDR1665, Jul-02-06 09:01 AM, #8
                                    RE: OH SNAP, The Eclipse got hit...., Chamuko, Jul-02-06 09:33 AM, #9
                                         RE: OH SNAP, The Eclipse got hit...., Blizare, Jul-02-06 09:52 AM, #10
                                              RE: OH SNAP, The Eclipse got hit...., EcLIpsInEmCEe7, Jul-02-06 09:57 AM, #11
                                              RE: OH SNAP, The Eclipse got hit...., 420a-Tnthewerks, Jul-02-06 11:15 AM, #12
                                                   RE: OH SNAP, The Eclipse got hit...., injendsm, Jul-02-06 11:36 AM, #13
                                                        RE: OH SNAP, The Eclipse got hit...., saikou, Jul-02-06 12:27 PM, #14
                                                             RE: OH SNAP, The Eclipse got hit...., jsupetran, Jul-02-06 01:42 PM, #15
                                                                  RE: OH SNAP, The Eclipse got hit...., DanKid, Jul-02-06 01:53 PM, #16
                                                                       RE: OH SNAP, The Eclipse got hit...., Steve, Jul-02-06 02:37 PM, #17
                                                                            RE: OH SNAP, The Eclipse got hit...., Moderatorcs82685, Jul-02-06 04:22 PM, #18
                                                                            RE: OH SNAP, The Eclipse got hit...., dsmmyth, Jul-02-06 04:22 PM, #19
                                                                                 RE: OH SNAP, The Eclipse got hit...., T_K, Jul-02-06 05:04 PM, #20
                                              RE: OH SNAP, The Eclipse got hit...., donnyb373, Jul-05-06 03:39 PM, #47
RE: OH SNAP, The Eclipse got hit.... 56K make Lemonade, thedawg, Jul-02-06 06:20 PM, #21
RE: OH SNAP, The Eclipse got hit.... 56K make Lemonade, eclipsekaiser, Jul-02-06 07:22 PM, #22
RE: OH SNAP, The Eclipse got hit.... 56K make Lemonade, BDTalon, Jul-02-06 07:26 PM, #23
      RE: OH SNAP, The Eclipse got hit.... 56K make Lemonade, 95_ESi_Person, Jul-02-06 07:49 PM, #24
           RE: OH SNAP, The Eclipse got hit.... 56K make Lemonade, Keith2172, Jul-03-06 04:58 AM, #25
                RE: OH SNAP, The Eclipse got hit.... 56K make Lemonade, Chamuko, Jul-03-06 07:23 AM, #26
                RE: OH SNAP, The Eclipse got hit.... 56K make Lemonade, BlackMagic, Jul-03-06 07:25 AM, #27
                     RE: OH SNAP, The Eclipse got hit.... 56K make Lemonade, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Jul-03-06 08:44 AM, #28
                          RE: OH SNAP, The Eclipse got hit.... 56K make Lemonade, WickedESi, Jul-03-06 12:15 PM, #29
                               RE: OH SNAP, The Eclipse got hit.... 56K make Lemonade, Graph-X, Jul-03-06 12:33 PM, #30
                               RE: OH SNAP, The Eclipse got hit.... 56K make Lemonade, Chamuko, Jul-03-06 06:26 PM, #31
                                    RE: OH SNAP, The Eclipse got hit.... 56K make Lemonade, Nine5eclipse03, Jul-03-06 06:50 PM, #32
                               RE: OH SNAP, The Eclipse got hit.... 56K make Lemonade, Keith2172, Jul-03-06 07:20 PM, #33
                                    RE: OH SNAP, The Eclipse got hit.... 56K make Lemonade, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Jul-04-06 12:19 AM, #34
                                         RE: OH SNAP, The Eclipse got hit.... 56K make Lemonade, scothern, Jul-04-06 03:50 AM, #35
                                              RE: OH SNAP, The Eclipse got hit.... 56K make Lemonade, Chamuko, Jul-04-06 10:00 AM, #36
                                                   RE: OH SNAP, The Eclipse got hit.... 56K make Lemonade, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Jul-04-06 10:28 AM, #37
                                                        RE: OH SNAP, The Eclipse got hit.... 56K make Lemonade, Chamuko, Jul-04-06 10:41 AM, #38
                                                             RE: OH SNAP, The Eclipse got hit.... 56K make Lemonade, Keith2172, Jul-04-06 01:29 PM, #39
                                                                  RE: OH SNAP, The Eclipse got hit.... 56K make Lemonade, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Jul-04-06 02:50 PM, #40
                                                                       RE: OH SNAP, The Eclipse got hit.... 56K make Lemonade, Chamuko, Jul-04-06 03:14 PM, #41
                                                                            RE: OH SNAP, The Eclipse got hit.... 56K make Lemonade, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Jul-04-06 04:06 PM, #42
                                                                                 RE: OH SNAP, The Eclipse got hit.... 56K make Lemonade, eclipsekaiser, Jul-04-06 08:27 PM, #43
                                                                                      RE: OH SNAP, The Eclipse got hit.... 56K make Lemonade, thedawg, Jul-05-06 10:48 AM, #44
                                                                                           RE: OH SNAP, The Eclipse got hit.... 56K make Lemonade, CustomGS, Jul-05-06 12:21 PM, #45
                                                                                                RE: OH SNAP, The Eclipse got hit.... 56K make Lemonade, Chamuko, Jul-05-06 03:21 PM, #46
                                                                                                RE: OH SNAP, The Eclipse got hit.... 56K make Lemonade, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Jul-05-06 04:17 PM, #49
                                                                                                RE: OH SNAP, The Eclipse got hit.... 56K make Lemonade, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Jul-05-06 04:13 PM, #48
                                                                                                     RE: OH SNAP, The Eclipse got hit.... 56K make Lemonade, Chamuko, Jul-05-06 08:20 PM, #50
                                                                                                     RE: OH SNAP, The Eclipse got hit.... 56K make Lemonade, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Jul-05-06 08:39 PM, #51
                                                                                                     RE: OH SNAP, The Eclipse got hit.... 56K make Lemonade, Chamuko, Jul-08-06 04:44 PM, #58
                                                                                                          RE: OH SNAP, The Eclipse got hit.... 56K make Lemonade, ez, Jul-06-06 09:44 AM, #52
                                                                                                          RE: OH SNAP, The Eclipse got hit.... 56K make Lemonade, Keith2172, Jul-06-06 09:49 AM, #53
                                                                                                               RE: OH SNAP, The Eclipse got hit.... 56K make Lemonade, eclipsekaiser, Jul-07-06 07:08 PM, #54
                                                                                                                    RE: OH SNAP, The Eclipse got hit.... 56K make Lemonade, Chamuko, Jul-08-06 12:58 PM, #55
                                                                                                                         RE: OH SNAP, The Eclipse got hit.... 56K make Lemonade, SonicYan, Jul-08-06 04:34 PM, #56
                                                                                                                              RE: OH SNAP, The Eclipse got hit.... 56K make Lemonade, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Jul-08-06 04:43 PM, #57
                                                                                                                                   RE: OH SNAP, The Eclipse got hit.... 56K make Lemonade, kain_99gs, Jul-08-06 10:46 PM, #59
                                                                                                                                        RE: OH SNAP, The Eclipse got hit.... 56K make Lemonade, Chamuko, Jul-11-06 08:50 AM, #60
                                                                                                                                             RE: OH SNAP, The Eclipse got hit.... 56K make Lemonade, Keith2172, Jul-11-06 12:36 PM, #61
                                                                                                                                             RE: OH SNAP, The Eclipse got hit.... 56K make Lemonade, Chamuko, Jul-11-06 06:54 PM, #62
                                                                                                                                             RE: OH SNAP, The Eclipse got hit.... 56K make Lemonade, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Jul-12-06 09:11 AM, #63
                                                                                                                                             RE: OH SNAP, The Eclipse got hit.... 56K make Lemonade, Keith2172, Jul-13-06 11:51 AM, #64

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonJul-02-06 07:04 AM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11690, "RE: OH SNAP, The Eclipse got hit...."
In response to Reply # 0

Were you going to post picts?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

.bs0dJul-02-06 07:06 AM
Member since Jan 14th 2004
597 posts,
#11691, "RE: OH SNAP, The Eclipse got hit...."
In response to Reply # 1

wrecks suck...

pics?

ChamukoJul-02-06 07:11 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3668 posts,
#11692, "RE: OH SNAP, The Eclipse got hit...."
In response to Reply # 2

woops. Here ya go. What I dont get is, how do you do this comming from a 3 point turn from a drive way? Hit the gas instead of the brake?

Member # 751

(I got kicked out after I refused to go Cow tiping) - Hehehe you know who this is for

slowmitsuJul-02-06 07:13 AM
Member since May 26th 2005
343 posts,
#11693, "RE: OH SNAP, The Eclipse got hit...."
In response to Reply # 3

"OH SNAP" is right.

_______

BPU'd skittle

Hult250RJul-02-06 07:17 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2017 posts,
#11694, "RE: OH SNAP, The Eclipse got hit...."
In response to Reply # 4

Ouch!
So I take it he was there when you got back so you could get his insurance info? (I hope!}

----------------------------------------

I used to have a 420A...

'92 TSi AWD

11.8 @ 119mph
470awhp 405 ft/lb torque
30psi on E85 w/ Borg Warner S256 Turbo

My DSM Registry: http://www.dsmregistry.com/166

ChamukoJul-02-06 07:20 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3668 posts,
#11695, "RE: OH SNAP, The Eclipse got hit...."
In response to Reply # 5

yeah mybro was keeping an eye onhim. I would have been able to track him down too, I think he is my neighbors friend or boyfriend. He has been stopping by for like the last week every other day. But My bro said it sounded like someone dropped a crate or pallet and he went to look. Also some of the neighbors saw. He has farmers, so Im waiting for inspector. I dont think they understand how bad it is, I said he backed into my car, but come on...it was hard enough to move it alond the sodewalks curb.

Member # 751

BumpinTalonJul-02-06 07:58 AM
Member since Mar 23rd 2004
2381 posts,
#11696, "RE: OH SNAP, The Eclipse got hit...."
In response to Reply # 6

Man thats harsh, your car got rocked. Your car is also really nice btw I don't think I've ever seen it before

1995 Eagle Talon ESi

TeamDR1665Jul-02-06 09:01 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#11700, "RE: OH SNAP, The Eclipse got hit...."
In response to Reply # 7

Originally posted by BumpinTalon
Man thats harsh, your car got rocked. Your car is also really nice btw I don't think I've ever seen it before

Agreed. I'm looking at the pics like, "He got nailed... Fuck! That's a damn tight looking car!"

Seriously, despite it's current condition, I can't get over how all around nice your car looks, Chamo0kie. I'm especially digging on the wheels. I've got the same thing, only in the bright silver.

ChamukoJul-02-06 09:33 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3668 posts,
#11703, "RE: OH SNAP, The Eclipse got hit...."
In response to Reply # 8

yeah got those rims after Jsup's car got hit...think they are cursed! lol

Everything on the outside is the same since i got it in 99 she is just a little dirty from sitting there for a week while I got to time to go to the dealer.

Only things not oem on the outside are, The mesh, the projectors ( retrofitted off a bmw) and the fogs (piaa w/ hid). Not a single bulb on her, all LED.

Member # 751

BlizareJul-02-06 09:52 AM
Donating 2GNT member
7595 posts,
#11704, "RE: OH SNAP, The Eclipse got hit...."
In response to Reply # 9

oh my,

Time to upgrade me thinks.

I eat emo kids for breakfast

1995 Eagle Talon (SOLD)
72' SuperBeetle
72' Standard Beetle
56' Deluxe Beetle

EcLIpsInEmCEe7Jul-02-06 09:57 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1607 posts,
#11705, "RE: OH SNAP, The Eclipse got hit...."
In response to Reply # 10

shitty man, i know what it feels like to have a mangled eclipse. nice wheels btw, really look good for the red car. what kinda are they?

-matt

97 Eclipse GS-T with 6-bolt engine

420a-TnthewerksJul-02-06 11:15 AM
Member since Jun 11th 2004
2267 posts,
#11706, "RE: OH SNAP, The Eclipse got hit...."
In response to Reply # 11

JESUS MAN!! By the way you were talking in the first post it didn't seem that bad, but FUCK I think I would cry to come home to that.

injendsmJul-02-06 11:36 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6844 posts,
#11707, "RE: OH SNAP, The Eclipse got hit...."
In response to Reply # 12

good freaking God....time for a new car.

www.gregsorrells.com

http://ubanimator.com>

saikouJul-02-06 12:27 PM
Member since Nov 24th 2005
454 posts,
#11710, "RE: OH SNAP, The Eclipse got hit...."
In response to Reply # 13

It'll buff out.

jsupetranJul-02-06 01:42 PM
Member since May 04th 2002
4359 posts,
#11711, "RE: OH SNAP, The Eclipse got hit...."
In response to Reply # 14

Sorry dude. I thought about the rims and the curse idea even before you said it! Although I'm not superstitious.

New Car:
2004 350z base, Nismo CAI, pioneer avic-n1 (dvd, cd, navi)

Old Car:
1998 GS with hrc stage 2, HID 6000k conversion kit, AEM UEGO wideband, sfmu, ml, prokits, Greddy warning gauges: egt, boost gauge, and oil pressure, apexi tt, haydans tranny cooler, costum dp, groundwires, dynotune fp gauge. gst muff, turbo spoiler
Boostin since Aug 03.

nothing like driving with the windows down and the music low: i love hearing the turbo spool, swwwhhhttt!!!!

DanKidJul-02-06 01:53 PM
Member since Oct 29th 2004
480 posts,
#11713, "RE: OH SNAP, The Eclipse got hit...."
In response to Reply # 15

Damn!!! That kid hit your car really hard to push it up against the curb like that. Make sure you show the pics you posted on here to the insurance guy. From the experience i've had in the past with insurance claim guys they tend to not believe you when they come out to see the damage. I can hear him already asking you sarcastically, "Come on, how could a blow to the driver's side door cause the rim and side skirt on the other side to be damaged?" I hope you called to cops at the time of the accident to have them fill out a report. That's always the best thing to do.

SteveJul-02-06 02:37 PM
Member since Sep 15th 2003
1542 posts,
#11714, "RE: OH SNAP, The Eclipse got hit...."
In response to Reply # 16

:(! That makes me sadder than my car sitting for 2 months waiting on a clutch..

Steve-o
Top secret.

Originally posted by FlyinEsi
I guess I'll just have to live with a 500+ hp AWD 4-banger.

Moderatorcs82685Jul-02-06 04:22 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2007 posts,
#11715, "RE: OH SNAP, The Eclipse got hit...."
In response to Reply # 17

Gotta hate seeing that happen to such nice clean cars, btw I hope you kicked somebody in the nuts when you got home.

I contributed to the Wiki!
EVO IX - just a really expensive boost gauge and a K&N air filter
96 Eclipse RS -awaiting registration and inspection
95 Eclipse GS - parts car
Mods/Profile - http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=cs82685

dsmmythJul-02-06 04:22 PM
Member since Aug 24th 2004
1178 posts,
#11716, "RE: OH SNAP, The Eclipse got hit...."
In response to Reply # 17

Dang, you must have just gotten those wheels too.

I hope everything gets straightened out.

1998 Eclipse GS

GS-T Axleback|CAI|OBX 4-1 Header|AF/X UDP|

Originally posted by Kaoz78
Did you happen to look at the post date of this topic? I didn't think so there Jesus. Way to raise Lazarus, buddy.

T_KJul-02-06 05:04 PM
Member since Nov 03rd 2005
219 posts,
#11719, "RE: OH SNAP, The Eclipse got hit...."
In response to Reply # 19

this is really sad

1993 Eagle Talon TSI AWD: balance shafts, cruise & AC removed; 16psi, Dejon intake & UICP, ported 14b, EVOIII mani, ported 2G O2 housing, 2.5" Buschur dp to 3" Thermal exhaust, datalogger, front strut brace, prothane motor mounts

1995 Eclipse RS U-Boot; Tokico Illuminas, GSX front brakes, ST front swaybar, short shifter, CAI with K&N filter, rear disks and swaybar, front upper and rear lower strut braces, beater exterior

donnyb373Jul-05-06 03:39 PM
Member since Apr 07th 2004
1122 posts,
#11890, "RE: OH SNAP, The Eclipse got hit...."
In response to Reply # 10

well at least the door took most of the damage, your car better off like that then the quarter panel gettin fucked

thedawgJul-02-06 06:20 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6287 posts,
#11722, "RE: OH SNAP, The Eclipse got hit.... 56K make Lemonade"
In response to Reply # 0

DAMMIT after all the time you spent building it up too... was such a perfect car. Hopefully they cover everything, but it looks like you need a new shell

So sorry that happened, WTF.

eclipsekaiserJul-02-06 07:22 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2375 posts,
#11724, "RE: OH SNAP, The Eclipse got hit.... 56K make Lemonade"
In response to Reply # 21

Oh Snap... HTF did that kid manage to do that while doing a 3 point turn? was he drifting then lost control?

The car looks alright still. Not sure about the trueness of the body, but a door replacement shoudl be all you need. I woudl hate to see that car get totaled for a stupid mistake.

-K-

BDTalonJul-02-06 07:26 PM
Member since Jun 08th 2005
153 posts,
#11725, "RE: OH SNAP, The Eclipse got hit.... 56K make Lemonade"
In response to Reply # 21

I got a feeling your not going to exactly like what you hear from the insurance company.

Originally posted by 420a-Tnthewerks
AAHHHHHH it's the Bomex table top and bench deluxe! Get the holy wrench we need to purify..

95_ESi_PersonJul-02-06 07:49 PM
Member since Sep 16th 2002
3260 posts,
#11728, "RE: OH SNAP, The Eclipse got hit.... 56K make Lemonade"
In response to Reply # 23

Time to bring out an assistant to aide in your pain... Bat, pipe, crowbar.

Keith2172Jul-03-06 04:58 AM
Member since Jan 16th 2004
1281 posts,
#11742, "RE: OH SNAP, The Eclipse got hit.... 56K make Lemonade"
In response to Reply # 24

Way to start my day man, I just cried for your car! That's the shits, how old is the kid, some high-schooler? Did you check to see if it buckled the uni-body at all, or are you not going to touch it till the insurance gets there? If the bodies ok then it looks like it's;
a door and glass
side skirts
crush member(s)
tires
two rims
and a paint job

probably $3400 in damage, Jesus Tap-Dancing Christ!

Representing the Central Cali chapter of 2GNT!
(I think I'm the only member )

ChamukoJul-03-06 07:23 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3668 posts,
#11756, "RE: OH SNAP, The Eclipse got hit.... 56K make Lemonade"
In response to Reply # 25

Yeah it was an 18 year old. It was either his or his dads brand new car.
I have not touched it other then to tape a bag over the open area and moved it into the driveway for obvious reasons. I a really hope that the door tooke a lot of the force and the fact that it buckled and twisted, hopefully it didnt pull on the body structure. I really dont want to move on that easily, but if I must, then I guess there will be a big part out sale soon.

Some questions for those of you with more experience. My bro is saying that they will only want to pay for the equivalent of repairing it to its oem specs. I say that because it is 100% the other guys fault that they have to repair it to the condition it was BEFORE the hit, or am I wrong?

Also, I think the insurance co. doesnt understand how bad this is. They are taking their sweat time stating its a holiday weekend and such. I guess me saying he backed into me doesnt make it seem that bad. I DID explain all the damage, but I dont know. Also, shouldnt they be paying for a rental?
This is Farmers Im dealing with BTW. Any info you guys can give is appreciated. Thanks.

Member # 751

BlackMagicJul-03-06 07:25 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1243 posts,
#11757, "RE: OH SNAP, The Eclipse got hit.... 56K make Lemonade"
In response to Reply # 25

That's rediculous, I hope it's not totaled.

http://www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=1133
*form follows function*

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneJul-03-06 08:44 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#11762, "RE: OH SNAP, The Eclipse got hit.... 56K make Lemonade"
In response to Reply # 27
Jul-03-06 08:45 AM by DarkOne

They'd have been hauling me off the guy had I been you that day. I would have pounded his face until my hands were too swollen to hit him any more.

edit-spelling

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

WickedESiJul-03-06 12:15 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3090 posts,
#11778, "RE: OH SNAP, The Eclipse got hit.... 56K make Lemonade"
In response to Reply # 28

OMG man...

That was such a nice looking car. I find it hard to believe how calm you sound. Geez man, good luck with the insurance assholes, and let us know how it goes.

Joel Baldridge, ASE Certified Master Technician, Audi Certified Expert Technician

Graph-XJul-03-06 12:33 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2607 posts,
#11779, "RE: OH SNAP, The Eclipse got hit.... 56K make Lemonade"
In response to Reply # 29

Sue... It is true the insurance company will try to get away with the bare minimum. If you want what you deservere to get (and maybe a little extra), sue. Otherwise it will be low-end payout to replace the top-end stuff you have, if they don't try to total it.

ChamukoJul-03-06 06:26 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3668 posts,
#11792, "RE: OH SNAP, The Eclipse got hit.... 56K make Lemonade"
In response to Reply # 30

Ok Insurance ppl are being pricks. Trying to make it sound like its not that bad. I have the feeling that they are going to be REALLY surprised when they get here...If and when they do. Due to the 4th, they wont be here till weds, if that.

Im afraid that if they do Total it Im going to loose out on the goodies. If anything, id strip all the easy stuff and See if any of the locals wants the built engine, tranny (retrofit & clutch) and stuff.

Member # 751

Nine5eclipse03Jul-03-06 06:50 PM
Member since Oct 11th 2004
335 posts,
#11794, "RE: OH SNAP, The Eclipse got hit.... 56K make Lemonade"
In response to Reply # 31

If they total it, you can always buy it back from the insurance company. When my celica(94) was totalled, they gave me $5,400 which was the bottom value of the car, and gave me the option of buying it back for $150. So i ended up getting my running car back, plus $5,250. I then sold the car for $1,500.

Originally posted by Chamuko
Ok Insurance ppl are being pricks. Trying to make it sound like its not that bad. I have the feeling that they are going to be REALLY surprised when they get here...If and when they do. Due to the 4th, they wont be here till weds, if that. Im afraid that if they do Total it Im going to loose out on the goodies. If anything, id strip all the easy stuff and See if any of the locals wants the built engine, tranny (retrofit & clutch) and stuff.

Don't sell your car to 16 year olds...

95 Eclipse RS - Sold for 6k, totalled three days later
91 Dodge Stealth R/T TT - 3" exhaust w/ no cats, eurethane motor mounts, 300M unbreakable output shaft, kevlar faced clutch, turbo XS BOV, 99 3000gt front conversion, carbon fiber hood. Dyno'd at 386hp. - SOLD! for 5k
98 Dodge Ram 1500 Club Cab 4x4 black on black.

Keith2172Jul-03-06 07:20 PM
1281 posts,
#11796, "RE: OH SNAP, The Eclipse got hit.... 56K make Lemonade"
In response to Reply # 29

Originally posted by WickedESi
OMG man... That was such a nice looking car. I find it hard to believe how calm you sound. Geez man, good luck with the insurance assholes, and let us know how it goes.

No, Ivan is a pretty level-headed guy, I'm not surprised in the least how calm he is being about this. Calm doesn't mean not pissed off, just means you have the ability to control yourself, think Zen master with a turbo.

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonJul-04-06 12:19 AM
8331 posts,
#11799, "RE: OH SNAP, The Eclipse got hit.... 56K make Lemonade"
In response to Reply # 33

Holy crap, did he ever TRY to find the brake? He hit you hard enough to bend the internal door frame, my god. They should be responsible for a loaner, I know Allstate will give you one.

Looks like you need a complete door shell, glass, complete drivers ground effects, poss passenger ground effects, 2 new rims. Any interior damage? Drivers door panel?

Send the Adjuster Terry's quote!

Used door shell (insurance will quote for used) 300.00 Average
Drivers lower ground effects (large piece) 130.00 new
Fender ground effect 60.00 new
Door ground effect 60.00 new
Outer weather strip for window 45.00 new
Passenger lower ground effect 130.00 new
Door glass, used 60.00 average

Labor to R&R Door 1.0hr
Labor to refinish door 4.0hrs
Labor to R&R drivers ground effects 1.0 hr
Labor to Refinish Ground Effects 1.0hr
Labor to refinish/blend fender 2.0hr
Labor to refinish /blen quarter 2.0hr
Labor to R&R passenger groundeffects 1.0hr
Labor to Refinish Passenger ground effects 1.0hr
Labor to R&R front fascia 2.5hr
Labor to refinish front fascia 1.5hr

Labor rate around here is 55.00 hr average what is it in CA? Lets use 75.00 for margin of error. Labor rate for refinish is different from mechanical but forthe sake of discussion we will use 55.00.

Your total will be in the ballpark of: 2200.00 NOT counting the rim damage. Considering you live in CA i am sure your labor rates are higher so adjust accordingly. This is also assuming your pass ground effects can be re-used and your driver interior panel is ok.

I feel safe to say your safe as far as the car being totalled.

So with that being said, what rims are those and did you weight them before you put tires on them? I am looking for light rims and i think i looked at similer ones if those are what i think they are.

Terry

scothernJul-04-06 03:50 AM
Member since Jul 07th 2002
998 posts,
#11805, "RE: OH SNAP, The Eclipse got hit.... 56K make Lemonade"
In response to Reply # 34

I can't see the pics fro mthe description doesn't sound tooo bad.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

99 Eclipse RS

"Can't we all just hit a Bong"?

ChamukoJul-04-06 10:00 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3668 posts,
#11821, "RE: OH SNAP, The Eclipse got hit.... 56K make Lemonade"
In response to Reply # 35
Jul-04-06 10:01 AM by Chamuko

Well looking at the passenger skirt, The tabs that hold the puch in fastners are broken, the push ins are just bent.

How abouth things like the tint? The Component speakers? The int skin looks like it migh be useable, maybe the screw in tabs might be broken, but can be plastic welded?

Member # 751

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonJul-04-06 10:28 AM
8331 posts,
#11824, "RE: OH SNAP, The Eclipse got hit.... 56K make Lemonade"
In response to Reply # 36

Plastic can be welded but not interior plastic. At least not to the point it looks replaced so count on a new or used one. Now that i go back and look again it appears the drivers ground effects are fine just need paint, is that correct?

As far as tint and speakers, they will write the estimate to replace stock unless you have reciepts. Thats what the do around here. I have never encountered tint though so I would imagine they would give you something for it. Whatever you do, do not accept the "after you get it fixed, have the tint replaced and bill us" that never gets paid. Go get a few basic estimates on paper before the adjuster gets there or find your receipt and request they pay it out right away.

I think you will be ok, i really do. Call around tomarrow to see what junkyards have a good door. If the car is paid off they will prolly write the check directly to you so you will be able to do some of the labor to save a few bucks and apply the money elsewhere in the car.

Terry

ChamukoJul-04-06 10:41 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3668 posts,
#11825, "RE: OH SNAP, The Eclipse got hit.... 56K make Lemonade"
In response to Reply # 37

The car has been completely mine since 99 when I bought it. If the check is written out to me, Im taking it to a friend.

So Do I need receipts for the rims?
The Speakers?

The tint, I have all the paperwork wince it had a lifetime warranty.

So its what I thought, They do the estimates for oem? even though My car
did not have some oem parts and was hit while parked and its 100% the other guys fault? Thats ... do I really need to say it?

Member # 751

Keith2172Jul-04-06 01:29 PM
1281 posts,
#11839, "RE: OH SNAP, The Eclipse got hit.... 56K make Lemonade"
In response to Reply # 38

Granted I don't have experience, but I'm pretty sure they'll pay for anything DAMAGED that you have recipts for. And if they total it they pay for anything with recipts. At least Im pretty sure that's how it goes.

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonJul-04-06 02:50 PM
8331 posts,
#11842, "RE: OH SNAP, The Eclipse got hit.... 56K make Lemonade"
In response to Reply # 39

Insurance companies vary. Generally speakign you willneed reqeipts Ivan. But if you show the damaged part to the adjuster he will ask you to replace it and give them the receipt. A rul of thumb is that they will write the estimate for OEM unless otherwise noted.

Now becareful saying that insurance will pay for what you have receipts. Some will only pay OEM. I know this first hand as a friend lost 5000.00 in stereo equipment. It all depends on the adjuster and company/Policy. Now since your the victim Ivan and its not your policy, there is a good chance they will cover it. If they do not, that is why you have "Underinsured" coverage. That means your company pay the balence. Most full coverages have that figured in. Before you get worked up speak with the adjuster, remember he is only trying to do his job too. Its best to have all receipts; even if you dont then try to get a written quote to replace the rims. This will give the adjuster numbers to work with.

The plus side of this. If he writes the rims up as OEM, you may actually make money since OEM cost more than your aftermarket. Speakers i have no idea how farmers handles it. In the case I mentioned above, OEM prices were paid for my friend for 4 interior speakers. He was then notified afterwards his insurance did not have a clause to cover aftermarket equipment. He had a small insurance company. Farmers is a decent size and should work with you.

There is a positive angle Ivan, all the damaged parts are bolt on. Meaning no cutting, fitting or welding or even pulling.

Terry

ChamukoJul-04-06 03:14 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3668 posts,
#11845, "RE: OH SNAP, The Eclipse got hit.... 56K make Lemonade"
In response to Reply # 40

Yeah Im really thinking that since the hit was almost entirely on the door, the fact that it gave might save it. Also,I am the victim, the car was parked and the guy said it was his fault. Even then the Isurance ppl told me that they have to ask him if he is willing to claim liability. Man, this is giving me a headache. But, the neighbor he was visiting is a witness, as is my brother,and 2 other neighbors who were there when he said it was his fault.

Another tid bit is that when he took off he did not give me any insurance info, not till I called him back and by that time I was at the police station. I hope the insurance co. co operates though.

Member # 751

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonJul-04-06 04:06 PM
8331 posts,
#11847, "RE: OH SNAP, The Eclipse got hit.... 56K make Lemonade"
In response to Reply # 41

eh, dont worry about those details bud. Witness + police report = claim. He can tell the insurance whatever he wants to. Leaving the scene of an accident is illegal last i checked.

Terry

eclipsekaiserJul-04-06 08:27 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2375 posts,
#11849, "RE: OH SNAP, The Eclipse got hit.... 56K make Lemonade"
In response to Reply # 42

Damn Ivan,
I hope the vehicle is not totaled, and that it is fixable. I hate to be a vulture and by things off of you (except the rims, they are cursed...)

-K-

thedawgJul-05-06 10:48 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6287 posts,
#11870, "RE: OH SNAP, The Eclipse got hit.... 56K make Lemonade"
In response to Reply # 43

Like Terry said, Insurance companies vary. The most popular policy is to only pay for bare minimum replacement to OEM.

The total-out value is computed by an average of recent autotrader/recycler/auction sales in your area of shitty 2gnt beaters with blown engines. So pretty much $1500-2000 is the max they'll give you depending on what company they use for valuation. The fact that your particular car was worth 10k+ is of no interest to them.

I've been posting fake 2GNTs on all the trader boards at high prices to bump this number up a little, but they probably "intelligently" remove the top 80% of prices.

The exception would be if you have stated in advance what mods you want covered and have paid for extra "riders" for aftermarket equipment like tinted glass. Also a "stated value" policy would cover the true value of the car + mods. Very few people have either of these types of policy additions because they're not offered openly, you must request them.

Some companies automatically cover aftermarket parts, usually up to $1000. Read your policy declaration carefully.

If there's a dent or tear in the unibody or rear 1/4 panel, they will most likely total it. If you don't want it totalled/salvage titled, you can say the dent was pre-existing and they won't factor it in.

Personally I've made the difficult decision that even a fully insured car that's more than ~5 years old isn't worth the amount they charge for premiums. I went back and did the math on all the claims between my g/f and I over the last 10 years and found that we'd paid far more in premiums than it cost to fix/replace the cars. And in no case did any insurance company fully repair the damage, they always had some excuse for something. So now all my cars are liability only, in case I manage to kill some family in a minivan or a Ferrari. I just put a hundred a month into a savings account as an emergency fund for each car.

Anyways, to end this fucking novel... the best weapon against any insurance company is saying NO to the adjustor's offer. You absolutely do not have to accept until you are satisfied. The longer it sits on their desk, the more money you can get. Call up their supervisor and complain if they stop/refuse to make higher offers.

Keep us updated, and good luck.

CustomGSJul-05-06 12:21 PM
Member since Jul 15th 2004
668 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11874, "RE: OH SNAP, The Eclipse got hit.... 56K make Lemonade"
In response to Reply # 44

2 things.
Terry, Uninsured and Underinsured motorist coverage is for bodily injury only.

The major problem here is that you are the claiment, not the insured. So your dealing with a company who doesnt care about you. Farmers is an 'ok' carrier. They will probably ONLY pay for the aftermarket equipment if it is IN a OEM position and have receipts. For instance, Aftermarket headunit, goes in the oem radio position.

It will be a total loss. My advice is to buy it back from them and part it out.

Chris
---------------------------------------

98 Eclipse GS 5 spd- sold
95 Camaro Z28
64.5 Mustang 302 3spd

Originally posted by DR1665
Sometimes, you don't need to pull away to win. You just need to show them they have nowhere to run.

Originally posted by Nine5eclipse03
No, but one time i tried to pee over a car, and pooped my pants.

ChamukoJul-05-06 03:21 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3668 posts,
#11889, "RE: OH SNAP, The Eclipse got hit.... 56K make Lemonade"
In response to Reply # 45

you the one that works for the insurance co? I know some of you do.

I think I will have to buy it back, theres no way I can find a local buyer for the engine and tranny in a short time. Or I might be able to get it fixed if the body is ok. Who knows...Just the longer this takes the more bummed out I get about it. In all this, I have no ride. Shouldn't they pay for that? Its been since Friday already.

Member # 751

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonJul-05-06 04:17 PM
8331 posts,
#11894, "RE: OH SNAP, The Eclipse got hit.... 56K make Lemonade"
In response to Reply # 46

My AllState policy covers you for a loaner if I damage your car regardless the fact i have liability only or not. My State Farm Does not and that is a full coverage policy. All Depends on the company.

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonJul-05-06 04:13 PM
8331 posts,
#11892, "RE: OH SNAP, The Eclipse got hit.... 56K make Lemonade"
In response to Reply # 45
Jul-05-06 04:15 PM by Star Turbo Talon

Originally posted by CustomGS
2 things. Terry, Uninsured and Underinsured motorist coverage is for bodily injury only.

Sorry, if you would like to dedate that with my agent go right ahead. Been there done that. At your age I am amazed you know everything about every policy out there offered by every single company in the entire United States.

Uninsured on my State Farm policy is setup so that is i am hit by and individual with no insurance, my Policy will repair the vehicle and go after the other driver. That was detailed under my uninsured clause on my Superbee. There are no limits to bodily injury when used as a blanket statement on a automotive website. It all depends on the insurance companies policy. Now since IL has a law that states you cannot buy a totalled car back from the insurance (there is a age loop hole), the only car with full coverage at a value of 35000.00 is my superbee. The rest of them i can afford to repair.

Ivan, my point here is it doesnt matter who claims to work for any insurance company. Their opinion is no better or worse than mine. Wait and see what the adjusters decision is and go from there. Do not get worked up because Joey of hillrod insurance says the other driver is going to screw you.

Its good to have a backup plan. My backup would be to buy the car back if possible from the insurance and take the money. If you can buy it back, lock it in your garage and return it to stock. They cannot force you to give up the motor in it as long as you place a stock one in its place. Been there done that under IL law. Be respectful and remember to be persistant. Talk with a lawyer if you really would like some legal opinions.

Terry

ChamukoJul-05-06 08:20 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3668 posts,
#11900, "RE: OH SNAP, The Eclipse got hit.... 56K make Lemonade"
In response to Reply # 48

By "if you can buy it back lock it up in your garage..." you mean if I can't?

Im not taking his or anyones opinion as fact (not that most of you dont know anything), Im just a little concerned. Just playing out some scenarios in my head.

About the transportation thing, So Im SOL about getting to work, school and such? No rental, no transportation fee coverage?

Basically my comp (AIG) is telling me that Its open and shut, They guy that hit me said it was his fault and that his co. Should handle everything. Thats not how its playing out. The last convo I had with the agent assigned to the claim went something along the lines of " we have to contact our customer and see if he will claim Liability". So Im stumpped... He told ME, he told them, that he backed into me...wth? They have to hear it in some specific words?

Member # 751

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonJul-05-06 08:39 PM
8331 posts,
#11901, "RE: OH SNAP, The Eclipse got hit.... 56K make Lemonade"
In response to Reply # 50

Correct Ivan, if you cant.......

You did get a police report correct? he and you gave your stories to the police?

ChamukoJul-08-06 04:44 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3668 posts,
#11924, "RE: OH SNAP, The Eclipse got hit.... 56K make Lemonade"
In response to Reply # 48

WEll I didn't make a report on the spot. The police Just didnt care as soon as I said there was no one injured. I went to the station directly and Filed there. I still have to go to the DMV too.

When I got there, the person that hit me got on the phone and was trying to reach someone. I managed to get all his info except for his insurance info. He then said his dad was mad at him and he had to go home... I stated that I was not comfortable with him leaving without providing me some info and that I was going to do what I had to do. He took off, I took a pic of his car (and rear plate) and then called him after I was at the police station to see if he could/would provide his inssurance info. He did, so thats where Im at now.

Member # 751

ezJul-06-06 09:44 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3461 posts,
#11928, "RE: OH SNAP, The Eclipse got hit.... 56K make Lemonade"
In response to Reply # 58

Wow, sorry to see that Ivan! Would you believe the EXACT same thing happened to my dad's spyder last month. Same story, teenage kid doing a 3 point turn in a relatives new truck. Hit his driver side door and the front fender. bent the @#*$(@ out of it. The frame is okay I think.

the kid isn't following up with his insurance company, so my dad's insurance company is now suing them (per my dad, so I don't really know, his rants usually have only 5% to do with reality)

I hope your case gets a speedy resolution.

2gnt: '99 RS-T, killed by a toyota, pending rebuild...
Daily: Volt
Daily #2: '99 EVG ebike- STOLEN by PEDRO

Keith2172Jul-06-06 09:49 AM
1281 posts,
#11929, "RE: OH SNAP, The Eclipse got hit.... 56K make Lemonade"
In response to Reply # 58

he said "my daddy is mad at me, so I ave to go home.." ?!? Really? IDK, that kinda makes me laugh a little, doesn't that fall under the 'Too Fucking Bad for You' category? Anyways, if they do total it, you would probably be a lot further ahead (especially in this community of vultures) buying it back, but I really hope it comes back as $500 worth of damages and they're throwin' in a brand new coat of paint for good measure, heres to hopes and dreams

eclipsekaiserJul-07-06 07:08 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2375 posts,
#11997, "RE: OH SNAP, The Eclipse got hit.... 56K make Lemonade"
In response to Reply # 53

Any update with it?

Your insurance should have taken care of the rest after you filed the claim.

-K-

ChamukoJul-08-06 12:58 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3668 posts,
#12019, "RE: OH SNAP, The Eclipse got hit.... 56K make Lemonade"
In response to Reply # 54

Not a Damn thing. The person assigned to my case is on mnt time? So she is off at 5 there..4 here. WTH. Its been more then a week. Not a damn thing, no one has come to look at the car. They are "trying" to contact their customer. Ive left 2 messages with her asking for a return call..nothing.

Man, looks like I might have to talk with a lawyer.

Member # 751

SonicYanJul-08-06 04:34 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1560 posts,
#12028, "RE: OH SNAP, The Eclipse got hit.... 56K make Lemonade"
In response to Reply # 55

Damn, that sux Ivan. Good luck with the claims and all.

SonicYan aka Mikey
1997 Eclipse RS
Pinoy Reppin' SoCal 2GNT
Best: 16.35 @ 83.05 MPH

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonJul-08-06 04:43 PM
8331 posts,
#12029, "RE: OH SNAP, The Eclipse got hit.... 56K make Lemonade"
In response to Reply # 56

That really does suck man.

kain_99gsJul-08-06 10:46 PM
Member since May 04th 2004
536 posts,
#12035, "RE: OH SNAP, The Eclipse got hit.... 56K make Lemonade"
In response to Reply # 57

This thread makes me sad. I was going to post a while back but I couldn't log in for some reason. Oh yeah... This too. Holy crap. When I went to host this on imageshack i got two car insurance ads.

ChamukoJul-11-06 08:50 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3668 posts,
#12149, "RE: OH SNAP, The Eclipse got hit.... 56K make Lemonade"
In response to Reply # 59

Well I dont know if it was the talking to supervisors and managers or the Msg with me saying that I was starting to talk to lawyers, but I finally got through.

As of right now, from my info and the guys that hit me... Im In their total loss dept.

Adjuster is comming in a day or two to double check and do the actual numbers.

What do I do or where do I go from here? IF it is totaled, Im almost certain ill be buying it back. No way I can take off/ out all the parts from the car in time. That and Id miss her... Do I find another and transfer? Do I try and fix her? Do I call it a loss and part out/ move on?

This is FUBAR

Member # 751

Keith2172Jul-11-06 12:36 PM
1281 posts,
#12164, "RE: OH SNAP, The Eclipse got hit.... 56K make Lemonade"
In response to Reply # 60

I'd say find another and transfer it all over, with what they'd pay you I'm sure you could buy it back, put a sizeable down payment on another one, and paint it with some beer money left over.

You never know though, if the uni-body is still straight, it may be worth saving, just gotta make sure the suspension mounts are all in the right place and theoretically the car should be fine to drive. Have you measured the distance between the hubs and the unibody rail yet? That's a quick way to determine if the uni-body has some tweak to it (not the only way, or the best way, but a way )

ChamukoJul-11-06 06:54 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3668 posts,
#12177, "RE: OH SNAP, The Eclipse got hit.... 56K make Lemonade"
In response to Reply # 61

Alrighty man... how would I do that? I mean I know I can take diff messurements, but Ive never actually done it.

Member # 751

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonJul-12-06 09:11 AM
8331 posts,
#12201, "RE: OH SNAP, The Eclipse got hit.... 56K make Lemonade"
In response to Reply # 62

You would need the diagrams from an autobody shop. There are several holes in our unibody that are designed to be used for measurement purposes.

Keith2172Jul-13-06 11:51 AM
1281 posts,
#12233, "RE: OH SNAP, The Eclipse got hit.... 56K make Lemonade"
In response to Reply # 63

^^^ cause it sounds right and I don't know any better I know that body shops have jigs and crap that they bolt the car onto and then shoot it with lasers to match against factory specs. I guess we're going to have to either find those specs on the net or find a shop that has them. Would be a useful thing to have come to think of it, a guy could measure his car before a full track build to make sure the suspension brackets etc. are square before going balls out. Google here I come...

Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #11689 Previous topic | Next topic