Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #5213
View in linear mode

Subject: "Anybody have a Bearded Dragon?" Previous topic | Next topic
95_ESi_PersonMar-12-06 06:38 PM
Member since Sep 16th 2002
3260 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5213, "Anybody have a Bearded Dragon?"

I just got a baby one yesterday and was wondering if anybody had one, any advice?

This thing is awesome, he's active, friendly, and has a healthy appetite. Well worth the $80 spent on him.

Actually, he's running around that cage right now, unlike that turd of an iguana who just sit's there.

I'll get pics of him up once my lady gets a new battery in her camera.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Anybody have a Bearded Dragon?, bullox, Mar-13-06 01:31 AM, #1
RE: Anybody have a Bearded Dragon?, tim97rs, Mar-13-06 03:30 AM, #2
      RE: Anybody have a Bearded Dragon?, youkickedmydog, Mar-13-06 05:16 AM, #3
           RE: Anybody have a Bearded Dragon?, BlackMagic, Mar-13-06 05:59 AM, #4
                RE: Anybody have a Bearded Dragon?, 95_ESi_Person, Mar-13-06 08:25 AM, #5
                     RE: Anybody have a Bearded Dragon?, cougar694u, Mar-13-06 09:37 AM, #6
                          RE: Anybody have a Bearded Dragon?, 95_ESi_Person, Mar-13-06 10:18 AM, #7
                               A pic or so of the baby beardie, 95_ESi_Person, Mar-24-06 07:00 PM, #8
                               RE: Anybody have a Bearded Dragon?, slowmitsu, Mar-25-06 02:37 AM, #9
                                    RE: Anybody have a Bearded Dragon?, nappyjim, Mar-25-06 02:55 PM, #10
                                         RE: Anybody have a Bearded Dragon?, 95_ESi_Person, Mar-25-06 07:41 PM, #11

bulloxMar-13-06 01:31 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6702 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5221, "RE: Anybody have a Bearded Dragon?"
In response to Reply # 0

No but I've had my share of bearded clams

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

tim97rsMar-13-06 03:30 AM
Donating 2GNT member
4255 posts,
#5225, "RE: Anybody have a Bearded Dragon?"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by bullox
No but I've had my share of bearded clams

i thought a bearded dragon was a bearded clam, just with an raging infection....

USED TO HAVE...Everything you wish you had, and then some...

You are somebody special Tim, you matter! - from the admins (but nobody likes you, because your username is just like that other guy's, and you whine a lot)

youkickedmydogMar-13-06 05:16 AM
Member since Aug 16th 2004
290 posts,
#5229, "RE: Anybody have a Bearded Dragon?"
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by tim97rs
Originally posted by bullox No but I've had my share of bearded clams
i thought a bearded dragon was a bearded clam, just with an raging infection....

I think thats called a sti now.

Originally posted by oRACLe063
that not just any aluminum foil son !!! that reynolds wrap..lol its like the greddy of the aluminum foil world

BlackMagicMar-13-06 05:59 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1243 posts,
#5233, "RE: Anybody have a Bearded Dragon?"
In response to Reply # 3

I used to have a bearded dragon, thinking about buying another one. Don't really have much advice besides clean out the tank a lot so he doesn't get sick, i bought a book on them that had a lot of information you might want to pick it up if you havn't already

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1882770595/sr=8-1/qid=1142269109/ref=pd_bbs_1/104-9619146-5879958?%5Fencoding=UTF8

http://www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=1133
*form follows function*

95_ESi_PersonMar-13-06 08:25 AM
3260 posts,
#5244, "RE: Anybody have a Bearded Dragon?"
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by BlackMagic
I used to have a bearded dragon, thinking about buying another one. Don't really have much advice besides clean out the tank a lot so he doesn't get sick, i bought a book on them that had a lot of information you might want to pick it up if you havn't already http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1882770595/sr=8-1/qid=1142269109/ref=pd_bbs_1/104-9619146-5879958?%5Fencoding=UTF8

I was at Borders the other day and I was looking at it... well, the important sections. I must have missed the cleaning parts.

cougar694uMar-13-06 09:37 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3381 posts,
#5251, "RE: Anybody have a Bearded Dragon?"
In response to Reply # 5

I had one for years and ended up giving it to my mom's co-worker's son. He loves it, she's probably pushing 7-8 yrs old by now. I think i got her in 1999.

She was fairly low maintenance, but I kept up with everything (temp, humidity, UV light, etc) and she remained healthy. You can't get true UV light from those florescent bulbs, you should use a regular screw-in type bulb for UV.

I gave the book away with the dragon, but I got most my info from the net.

Keep the iguana & dragon in different cages, though. I had both in 1 cage, male iquana & female dragon. The iguana tried to mate with the dragon and tore off some skin. She healed just fine, though.

I fed her crickets & the biggest meal worms I could find. Pinkies are pretty good, too, but I never fed them to her.

Occasionally, if I found a beetle outside, I'd give it to her and she'd chew on it for a good minute or two.

She liked chopped carrots and apples. I also made sure I put greens in there also, like mustard greens, collard greens, and some regular lettuce & cellary. She didn't really drink water, so I would try to feed her things that had water in them, and I'd also mist her with a spray bottle every once in a while.

~Luke
Facebook
1969 Cougar - 11.91 - 380HP
2007 GSXR 750
1999 OZ - SOLD - 15.26 NA - 14.71 on 75 shot

95_ESi_PersonMar-13-06 10:18 AM
3260 posts,
#5257, "RE: Anybody have a Bearded Dragon?"
In response to Reply # 6
Mar-13-06 10:19 AM by 95_ESi_Person

Ok then, so far I'm doing everything good!

One question... bedding, is sand ok?

What would be the best bet?

Since from what I was reading, it's a desert reptile, so I'd assume sand, and it also retains some heat to help get the temp up to around 100 degrees.

I have 3 lights, 2 for the iguana because of the massive cage I built for it (HeatGlo 8.0 Tube, and a SunGlo bulb).

The Dragon has the SunGlo spotlight and it's own tank, and since it's a baby and the iguana is a juvinile turd, they are not near each other.

95_ESi_PersonMar-24-06 07:00 PM
3260 posts,
#6184, "A pic or so of the baby beardie"
In response to Reply # 7

slowmitsuMar-25-06 02:37 AM
Member since May 26th 2005
343 posts,
#6202, "RE: Anybody have a Bearded Dragon?"
In response to Reply # 7
Mar-25-06 02:37 AM by slowmitsu

Originally posted by 95_ESi_Person
Ok then, so far I'm doing everything good! One question... bedding, is sand ok? What would be the best bet? Since from what I was reading, it's a desert reptile, so I'd assume sand, and it also retains some heat to help get the temp up to around 100 degrees. I have 3 lights, 2 for the iguana because of the massive cage I built for it (HeatGlo 8.0 Tube, and a SunGlo bulb). The Dragon has the SunGlo spotlight and it's own tank, and since it's a baby and the iguana is a juvinile turd, they are not near each other.

Don't ever house your iguana and dragon together.

You can use all kinds of substrates but I prefer the dustless sand. It's basically sand box sand but you can get the same thing at pet stores for a bit more. I like it becuase you can scoop their shit out rather easily as it reeks to high heaven if they crap in the light and it rots all day. Your cage should have multiple areas. 100 degree-ish basking area, a shaded area and basically everything else.

Mine doesn't seem to like the veggies no matter how hard I try. I started him on crickets but since I went to a mesh cage I switch to meal worms (if you go with worms I would feed them to him on a ridged plate or they will get away and burrow). Couger is right on with the water thing. They drink rarely if you feed them enough but do keep clean water on hands at all time. Dust your bugs with that vitamin crap. I leave a dish of dragon pellets in the cage. He eats them from time to time. Don't EVER have live food and fecal matter in the cage at the same time. The name of the disease escapes me at the moment but it's a bitch to cure and it takes forever.

Have fun! I've had beardies for a few years now I love them to death.

_______

BPU'd skittle

nappyjimMar-25-06 02:55 PM
Donating 2GNT member
8043 posts,
#6236, "RE: Anybody have a Bearded Dragon?"
In response to Reply # 9

thats so small. my sister bf actully has 2 of em. He has like pictures of a forest of something taped around the cage so they think its bigger. He feeds em crickets and lettuce. In the cage he just has sand and some fake branches or whatever and rocks.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
home.comcast.net/~nappyjim/songs.html
home.comcast.net/~7291834avi/carputer/carputer.html
www.cardomain.com/id/napppyjim

*Proud Member of the Top Ten Post Whore Club*
*Proud And Co-Founding Member Of The Zoom Zoom Revolution*
nappyjim-3 Chip-0
No one likes you chip, go away.

95_ESi_PersonMar-25-06 07:41 PM
3260 posts,
#6242, "RE: Anybody have a Bearded Dragon?"
In response to Reply # 10

Yeah, I have a stick and a rock.

He got bigger over the past 2 weeks, about another inch or so. Let me tell you, those things have an appetite!

Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #5213 Previous topic | Next topic