Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 4 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #47304
View in linear mode

Subject: "Enter For October Mod Of The Month!" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
ModeratortekleinSep-01-11 05:11 AM
Member since Nov 04th 2007
1699 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#47304, "Enter For October Mod Of The Month!"

So we are going to try Mod of the Month.

Here are the rules:

First six entries get into voting like always.

Cool it sounds like people are on board. So this is what I'm thinking. Userbase should judge entries on 3 items:

1) Creativity (is this a pioneering 2gnt mod, or simply very artistic?)
2) Utility (how useful is the mod?)
3) Improvement (is the mod a huge improvement over what they had before?)

What does this ^^^ mean? Everyone must submit a "BEFORE MOD" picture along with their "MOD" picture, so we can judge if you actually made things better or should have just spent your time drinking or gardening that day.

Simple entry formula: mod picture + before mod picture + one sentence reason for mod.

Now there is a picture size requirement on this, which I will lower for the sake of pleasing people, nothing less than 800x600 will be accepted. Pictures can not be blurry. Some mods are very small, so make sure you take a clear concise picture!

Voting will start September 16, 2011!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Enter For October Mod Of The Month!, RoninEclipse2G, Sep-01-11 05:27 PM, #1
RE: Enter For October Mod Of The Month!, ez, Sep-01-11 07:01 PM, #2
      RE: Enter For October Mod Of The Month!, 420agreenvilleSC, Sep-01-11 10:13 PM, #3
           RE: Enter For October Mod Of The Month!, grain, Sep-01-11 10:23 PM, #4
                RE: Enter For October Mod Of The Month!, TheRedBarren, Sep-02-11 10:08 AM, #5
                     RE: Enter For October Mod Of The Month!, dalesmitsu, Sep-04-11 01:06 AM, #6
                          RE: Enter For October Mod Of The Month!, Moderatorbullettdsm, Sep-04-11 01:16 PM, #7
                               RE: Enter For October Mod Of The Month!, 420agreenvilleSC, Sep-05-11 02:34 AM, #8
                                    RE: Enter For October Mod Of The Month!, ez, Sep-05-11 10:51 PM, #9
                                         RE: Enter For October Mod Of The Month!, TEAM OVER REV, Sep-06-11 01:50 AM, #10
                                         RE: Enter For October Mod Of The Month!, Moderatorbullettdsm, Sep-06-11 03:18 AM, #11
RE: Enter For October Mod Of The Month!, Wes Tank, Sep-16-11 11:03 AM, #12
RE: Enter For October Mod Of The Month!, AdministratorCODE4, Sep-16-11 12:01 PM, #13
      RE: Enter For October Mod Of The Month!, Wes Tank, Sep-16-11 12:33 PM, #14
           RE: Enter For October Mod Of The Month!, AdministratorCODE4, Sep-16-11 12:36 PM, #15
                RE: Enter For October Mod Of The Month!, Wes Tank, Sep-16-11 12:50 PM, #16
                RE: Enter For October Mod Of The Month!, AdministratorCODE4, Sep-16-11 12:51 PM, #17
                RE: Enter For October Mod Of The Month!, ez, Sep-16-11 01:01 PM, #18
                     RE: Enter For October Mod Of The Month!, ez, Sep-16-11 01:07 PM, #19

RoninEclipse2GSep-01-11 05:27 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#47312, "RE: Enter For October Mod Of The Month!"
In response to Reply # 0

I nominate EZ's stealth muffler

http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=7&topic_id=105383&mesg_id=105383&page=

Erik P.
Official 2GNT thread Hijacker
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...
All we know is, He's not The Stig... But he is The Stig's Spartan cousin!

ezSep-01-11 07:01 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3461 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#47314, "RE: Enter For October Mod Of The Month!"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by RoninEclipse2G
I nominate EZ's stealth muffler

To kick off the new MOTM I accept your nomination, hehe. Per the rules:

Reason for mod: I wanted to reduce my car's "radar signature" while not spending more than $4.

Before:

After:

2gnt: '99 RS-T, killed by a toyota, pending rebuild...
Daily: Volt
Daily #2: '99 EVG ebike- STOLEN by PEDRO

420agreenvilleSCSep-01-11 10:13 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1527 posts,
#47318, "RE: Enter For October Mod Of The Month!"
In response to Reply # 2
Sep-01-11 10:15 PM by 420agreenvilleSC

does my oil restrictor mod count? I hope I didnt break any MOTM rules..

what I installed

before

after

Problem: smoke during deceleration, idle and changing gears off of full boost

Purpose: to determine if turbo oil seals were failing due to years of excessive oil pressure. Used to limit oil pressure the seals would see, and also to scrape up as much life/miles left out of the turbo as possible.

Result: success. Smoke is 85% gone, but is a matter of time before the seals give up. Good to buy some time to plan for rebuild or new turbo purchase

http://www.2gnt.com/quote_db.php?id=278

Outside of Corona: "That sucks, peace out..." (jamie walks away)... "Sweeet, what we doin?" -Zac
Tim's garage (prior to motor install): "Im gonna smoke real quick, that way if you fuck up I am already nicotined up" -Tim

grainSep-01-11 10:23 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2551 posts,
#47319, "RE: Enter For October Mod Of The Month!"
In response to Reply # 3

i made my 2gnt disappear.

TheRedBarrenSep-02-11 10:08 AM
Member since Oct 02nd 2007
61 posts,
#47320, "RE: Enter For October Mod Of The Month!"
In response to Reply # 4

Reason: I want 2GB mudflaps and cannot for the life of me find them! Needed a way to protect paint on side skirt cap.

Before (cant tell much here but it was showing primer):

After:

Used Truckbed coating found at walmart!

-RedBarren
1995 Eclipse RS

dalesmitsuSep-04-11 01:06 AM
Member since May 13th 2006
986 posts,
#47335, "RE: Enter For October Mod Of The Month!"
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by TheRedBarren
Reason: I want 2GB mudflaps and cannot for the life of me find them! Needed a way to protect paint on side skirt cap. Before (cant tell much here but it was showing primer): After: Used Truckbed coating found at walmart!

Nice mod, you have my vote.
I'll use it when I install my 2gb mudflaps and side skirts.

Tip: try your local pullapart for mudflaps, found mine for 3bucks with inner splash guards. I only wanted the inner fenders untill I spotted the flaps.

__
1995 gs Saved from the crusher
1998 RS gone to(Dsm Heaven)
1997 gs gone to Dsm heaven

ModeratorbullettdsmSep-04-11 01:16 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2676 posts,
#47336, "RE: Enter For October Mod Of The Month!"
In response to Reply # 6

Hmm, 1st one? I'll go in for 42mm ITB's? Why? Cause I needed to know what they would do;

Captain Caveman

96 RS Turbo 11.414 @ 119.62 MSNS, Crower 2 NA cams, BW366, 10.5 comp, UDP, 60mm TB, W/A intercooler, 3.55 tranny 567.9whp 430tq
97 RS NA 13.188 @ 103.87 MSnS powered 12.5 comp, Crower 3's and 219.4whp with 175tq
98 RS DD 12.5 comp on stock ECU, LTH, Crower 2's, Koni, GC, Hypercoil, DG hats
99 OZ 5sp Stocker 15.856 @ 85.97
99 GS stocker auto 17.7@77mph!

wiki home page:http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=bullettdsm

420agreenvilleSCSep-05-11 02:34 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1527 posts,
#47341, "RE: Enter For October Mod Of The Month!"
In response to Reply # 7

Originally posted by bullettdsm
Hmm, 1st one? I'll go in for 42mm ITB's? Why? Cause I needed to know what they would do; http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc177/mbullett/High%20Comp%20NA/IMG_1553.jp g

you win

http://www.2gnt.com/quote_db.php?id=278

Outside of Corona: "That sucks, peace out..." (jamie walks away)... "Sweeet, what we doin?" -Zac
Tim's garage (prior to motor install): "Im gonna smoke real quick, that way if you fuck up I am already nicotined up" -Tim

ezSep-05-11 10:51 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3461 posts,
#47344, "RE: Enter For October Mod Of The Month!"
In response to Reply # 8
Sep-05-11 10:53 PM by ez

Intead of kicking it up a level, bullet decides to straight out nuke the whole contest. Well played.

EDIT: Was there any notable improvements seen by the dyno?

TEAM OVER REVSep-06-11 01:50 AM
Member since Aug 15th 2006
44 posts,
#47345, "RE: Enter For October Mod Of The Month!"
In response to Reply # 9
Sep-06-11 01:56 AM by TEAM OVER REV

Clear corners...
http://www.2gnt.com/graphics/TEAM%20OVER%20REV_

ModeratorbullettdsmSep-06-11 03:18 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2676 posts,
#47346, "RE: Enter For October Mod Of The Month!"
In response to Reply # 9

Originally posted by ez
EDIT: Was there any notable improvements seen by the dyno?

First couple of pages are the 42mm's

http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=133459&mesg_id=133459&page=2&topic_page=1

Captain Caveman

96 RS Turbo 11.414 @ 119.62 MSNS, Crower 2 NA cams, BW366, 10.5 comp, UDP, 60mm TB, W/A intercooler, 3.55 tranny 567.9whp 430tq
97 RS NA 13.188 @ 103.87 MSnS powered 12.5 comp, Crower 3's and 219.4whp with 175tq
98 RS DD 12.5 comp on stock ECU, LTH, Crower 2's, Koni, GC, Hypercoil, DG hats
99 OZ 5sp Stocker 15.856 @ 85.97
99 GS stocker auto 17.7@77mph!

wiki home page:http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=bullettdsm

Wes TankSep-16-11 11:03 AM
Member since Oct 13th 2006
214 posts,
#47401, "RE: Enter For October Mod Of The Month!"
In response to Reply # 0
Sep-16-11 11:11 AM by Wes Tank

Originally posted by teklein
So we are going to try Mod of the Month. Here are the rules: First six entries get into voting like always. Cool it sounds like people are on board. So this is what I'm thinking. Userbase should judge entries on 3 items: 1) Creativity (is this a pioneering 2gnt mod, or simply very artistic?) 2) Utility (how useful is the mod?) 3) Improvement (is the mod a huge improvement over what they had before?) What does this ^^^ mean? Everyone must submit a "BEFORE MOD" picture along with their "MOD" picture, so we can judge if you actually made things better or should have just spent your time drinking or gardening that day. Simple entry formula: mod picture + before mod picture + one sentence reason for mod. Now there is a picture size requirement on this, which I will lower for the sake of pleasing people, nothing less than 800x600 will be accepted. Pictures can not be blurry. Some mods are very small, so make sure you take a clear concise picture! Voting will start September 16, 2011!

MOD: Turbo

Made a huge difference, reason for mod was to go fast/ blow welds

Before:

After

AdministratorCODE4Sep-16-11 12:01 PM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
#47402, "RE: Enter For October Mod Of The Month!"
In response to Reply # 12

Wes,

What is going on with your IM -> VC connection. You have it routed to the other port on the VC, and it looks to be without a check valve. Am I right? If so, you are pressurizing the shit out of your crank case every time you go into boost.

Where does the other port go to (the original PCV port)?

---

2012 2500HD LML

Wes TankSep-16-11 12:33 PM
214 posts,
#47403, "RE: Enter For October Mod Of The Month!"
In response to Reply # 13

It goes down by the runners, to the pcv valve, then the hose routes to the red catch can, then another hose to the intake pipe.

AdministratorCODE4Sep-16-11 12:36 PM
2552 posts,
#47404, "RE: Enter For October Mod Of The Month!"
In response to Reply # 14

Originally posted by Wes Tank
It goes down by the runners, to the pcv valve, then the hose routes to the red catch can, then another hose to the intake pipe.

So again, what is going on here? Is there any check valve? Or does boost pressure freely go to the crank case?

---

2012 2500HD LML

Wes TankSep-16-11 12:50 PM
214 posts,
#47405, "RE: Enter For October Mod Of The Month!"
In response to Reply # 15
Sep-16-11 12:57 PM by Wes Tank

If you look closely, right in the middle of that s-bend hose, the white plastic is a check valve. It has a zip tie on either side.

AdministratorCODE4Sep-16-11 12:51 PM
2552 posts,
#47406, "RE: Enter For October Mod Of The Month!"
In response to Reply # 16

Originally posted by Wes Tank
If you look closely, right in the middle of that s-bend hose, the white plastic is a check valve. It has a zip tie on either side.

Right on man. Just curious.

---

2012 2500HD LML

ezSep-16-11 01:01 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3461 posts,
#47407, "RE: Enter For October Mod Of The Month!"
In response to Reply # 15

Not necessarily. It sounds like his system is essentially open, if that line off the valve cover is going into the intake before the turbo. There's no way for the crankcase to build up pressure like that because any increased pressure will bleed through to the intake.

ezSep-16-11 01:07 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3461 posts,
#47408, "RE: Enter For October Mod Of The Month!"
In response to Reply # 18

By the way, the entries for 2gnt's FIRST MOTM should be locked at this point, so we can move forward with the vote. Thanks to everyone who entered!

Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #47304 Previous topic | Next topic