Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #45078
View in linear mode

Subject: "paintball.... pretty awesome" Previous topic | Next topic
420agreenvilleSCSep-04-10 04:40 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1527 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#45078, "paintball.... pretty awesome"

Did paintball today with family/friends today for the first time and I have to say, it is pretttty awesome. It'll let you know you're not in shape in a HURRY, but at the same time, it'll get you in shape in a hurry.

They don't hurt that much when you get hit and we played 6v6. it ended with 1v1 after elimination w/ me and another guy. Some of these guys were seriousss players as they wore clothing that would drape camoflauge threads and blend them in like MAD with the trees/ground.

anyone here do or ever done paintball? just curious

http://www.2gnt.com/quote_db.php?id=278

Outside of Corona: "That sucks, peace out..." (jamie walks away)... "Sweeet, what we doin?" -Zac
Tim's garage (prior to motor install): "Im gonna smoke real quick, that way if you fuck up I am already nicotined up" -Tim

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: paintball.... pretty awesome, RoninEclipse2G, Sep-04-10 04:52 PM, #1
RE: paintball.... pretty awesome, ez, Sep-04-10 08:08 PM, #2
      RE: paintball.... pretty awesome, Moderatorbullettdsm, Sep-04-10 09:33 PM, #3
           RE: paintball.... pretty awesome, J, Sep-04-10 11:49 PM, #4
                RE: paintball.... pretty awesome, 740 turbo brick, Sep-05-10 02:35 AM, #5
                     RE: paintball.... pretty awesome, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Sep-05-10 06:48 AM, #6
                          RE: paintball.... pretty awesome, Fallen4ng31, Sep-05-10 10:28 AM, #7
                               RE: paintball.... pretty awesome, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Sep-05-10 10:38 AM, #8
                               RE: paintball.... pretty awesome, J, Sep-05-10 12:13 PM, #9
                                    RE: paintball.... pretty awesome, Fallen4ng31, Sep-06-10 06:35 AM, #10
                                         RE: paintball.... pretty awesome, Ebster1085, Sep-06-10 06:37 PM, #11
                                              RE: paintball.... pretty awesome, J, Sep-06-10 08:35 PM, #12

RoninEclipse2GSep-04-10 04:52 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#45079, "RE: paintball.... pretty awesome"
In response to Reply # 0

I haven't played in years. We used to play on my buddy's property back in highschool.

I wouldn't mind getting a gun again and having fun, but I don't have anywhere to play because the local ranges suck.

Erik P.
Official 2GNT thread Hijacker
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...
All we know is, He's not The Stig... But he is The Stig's Spartan cousin!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ezSep-04-10 08:08 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3461 posts,
#45080, "RE: paintball.... pretty awesome"
In response to Reply # 1

I played two weekends ago... and ended up getting exposed to poison ivy on one of the fields. No one mentioned anything about poison ivy, and I was on my arms for much of the last session. Still dealing with the worst rash I've ever had

2gnt: '99 RS-T, killed by a toyota, pending rebuild...
Daily: Volt
Daily #2: '99 EVG ebike- STOLEN by PEDRO

ModeratorbullettdsmSep-04-10 09:33 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2676 posts,
#45081, "RE: paintball.... pretty awesome"
In response to Reply # 2

We used to play with real guns (pellet guns and BB guns, even wrist rockets). Now THAT had some payback when you got hit.

But I can understand the draw of paintball.

Captain Caveman

96 RS Turbo 11.414 @ 119.62 MSNS, Crower 2 NA cams, BW366, 10.5 comp, UDP, 60mm TB, W/A intercooler, 3.55 tranny 567.9whp 430tq
97 RS NA 13.188 @ 103.87 MSnS powered 12.5 comp, Crower 3's and 219.4whp with 175tq
98 RS DD 12.5 comp on stock ECU, LTH, Crower 2's, Koni, GC, Hypercoil, DG hats
99 OZ 5sp Stocker 15.856 @ 85.97
99 GS stocker auto 17.7@77mph!

wiki home page:http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=bullettdsm

JSep-04-10 11:49 PM
Old School 2GNTer
794 posts,
#45082, "RE: paintball.... pretty awesome"
In response to Reply # 3

Yep, yep... big time paintballer here; real paintball that is... woodsball. None of the mickey mouse glow in the dark speed sh*t. It's a great hobby for sure. The barrier to entry is pretty low if you just want to screw around, but plan on spending several hundred if you want to really have fun. And then multiply everything by two if you've got a lil lady who also enjoys it. A great game, the more the merrier, and tons of variations.

Enjoy!
- J

740 turbo brickSep-05-10 02:35 AM
Member since Jun 09th 2008
831 posts,
#45083, "RE: paintball.... pretty awesome"
In response to Reply # 4

I love it. I have a tippman 98 custom with an M4 kit, M9 side arm, tac vest and some other goodies, I feel like a SWAT team every time I play.

95 Eclipse GS: 10.5:1, Crower 2's and MSII
186 WHP - 150 WTQ
14.697 @ 93.85 MPH......Gone, but not forgotten
99 420A Avenger: Given to my sister
99 GS OZ: Sold
03 Evo 8: Family Car with balls

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonSep-05-10 06:48 AM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
#45084, "RE: paintball.... pretty awesome"
In response to Reply # 5

My favorite was the Typhoon and Autococker

Fallen4ng31Sep-05-10 10:28 AM
Donating 2GNT member
370 posts,
#45086, "RE: paintball.... pretty awesome"
In response to Reply # 6

I haven't played competitively in several years, since I moved to FL. I have an Angel A1 Fly, and would never use another gun.

Unfortunately, most of the folks I know down here prefer speedball, which I can't stand. Woodland and warehouse courses are the only ones I'll play.

1998 Eclipse RS-T - Totaled 4/23/09 -
1998 Eclipse GST - Stroked 2.3l, HX40 fed: Build in progress
2010 Subaru Outback Limited

I hate hipsters.

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonSep-05-10 10:38 AM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
#45087, "RE: paintball.... pretty awesome"
In response to Reply # 7
Sep-05-10 10:39 AM by Star Turbo Talon

Yeah i never cared for speedball either.

Its amazing how inexpensive guns have gotten. paying 600.00 for a gun and feed system used to be the average. Now you can expect to pay 500.00 for all your gun, remote bottle and gear ect.

Even the autococker gun is 200.00 now. Used to be a 1000.00 gun 10 years ago.

I havent playing in ages and just finally gave away my last remote bottle setup.

JSep-05-10 12:13 PM
Old School 2GNTer
794 posts,
#45090, "RE: paintball.... pretty awesome"
In response to Reply # 7

Originally posted by Fallen4ng31
I haven't played competitively in several years, since I moved to FL.

Where in FL? (it's a big state) If you're in South FL, by FAR the best place is Hotshots (www.hotshotspaintball.net)... it's where we prefer (Extreme Rage is like sardines).

- J

Fallen4ng31Sep-06-10 06:35 AM
Donating 2GNT member
370 posts,
#45091, "RE: paintball.... pretty awesome"
In response to Reply # 9

I'm just north of Tampa, so that might be a bit of a hike. But, good info nonetheless! Thanks.

1998 Eclipse RS-T - Totaled 4/23/09 -
1998 Eclipse GST - Stroked 2.3l, HX40 fed: Build in progress
2010 Subaru Outback Limited

I hate hipsters.

Ebster1085Sep-06-10 06:37 PM
Member since Jun 11th 2009
531 posts,
#45093, "RE: paintball.... pretty awesome"
In response to Reply # 10

Paintball is the shit. And like those above, I never understood speedball. Woodsball is where its at. I use a Tippmann A-5 with a bunch of add ons as well as a remote tank kit. Great gun for woodsball, and not too expensive. Also a huge array of aftermarket parts for it.

1999 Eclipse GS
Built motor
Hahn 16G Turbo w/ FMIC
Hahn Stage 5 Portfueler (270's & 500's)
Zeitronix Zt-2 wideband w/ 3.5bar MAP
3" SS Turbo Back
CM Stage 4 Clutch and Fidanza Flywheel
Baer Big Brake Kit

JSep-06-10 08:35 PM
Old School 2GNTer
794 posts,
#45095, "RE: paintball.... pretty awesome"
In response to Reply # 11

Loud & Proud! ... they are the loudest markers you'll ever hear, and it's a true pleasure making people jump (instead of shoot back). I've got 3x Tippmann A5's (Me, wiffle, and backup), and that's it (by far the best bang for the buck). Lots of good info @ www.a5og.net

- J

Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #45078 Previous topic | Next topic