Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #29774
View in linear mode

Subject: "so what do you guys do for a job?" Previous topic | Next topic
HedgeDec-11-07 01:13 PM
Donating 2GNT member
182 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#29774, "so what do you guys do for a job?"

Hey, im wondering what you guys do for a job and if you really like it or what you would have rather become. It sounds kinda stupid but i have to apply for college soon, and i have no idea at all what i want to go for. I like working with cars and stuff but thats more of a hobby than a full time job, i like to take my time and not be in a rush when working on cars so that really leaves out being a mechanic.

Thank you mobil one for rust proofing my driveway.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: so what do you guys do for a job?, RSClipse9d7, Dec-11-07 01:17 PM, #1
RE: so what do you guys do for a job?, jasonfromyorkpa, Dec-11-07 01:52 PM, #2
      RE: so what do you guys do for a job?, djtrickee, Dec-11-07 03:57 PM, #10
           RE: so what do you guys do for a job?, jasonfromyorkpa, Dec-12-07 06:38 AM, #20
                RE: so what do you guys do for a job?, soulcontroller, Dec-12-07 06:46 AM, #21
RE: so what do you guys do for a job?, 95talonesiboy, Dec-11-07 02:18 PM, #3
RE: so what do you guys do for a job?, soulcontroller, Dec-11-07 02:25 PM, #4
      RE: so what do you guys do for a job?, ScreaminE, Dec-11-07 02:37 PM, #5
           RE: so what do you guys do for a job?, eclipse982nrRST, Dec-11-07 02:38 PM, #6
                RE: so what do you guys do for a job?, foggy45, Dec-11-07 03:18 PM, #7
                RE: so what do you guys do for a job?, SPL_Eclipse, Dec-11-07 03:32 PM, #8
                RE: so what do you guys do for a job?, Nightfall, Dec-11-07 03:39 PM, #9
                     RE: so what do you guys do for a job?, Hedge, Dec-11-07 03:59 PM, #11
                          RE: so what do you guys do for a job?, goalie40, Dec-11-07 04:56 PM, #12
                               RE: so what do you guys do for a job?, turbo8u, Dec-11-07 06:44 PM, #13
                                    RE: so what do you guys do for a job?, totaleklipse97, Dec-11-07 09:17 PM, #14
                                         RE: so what do you guys do for a job?, Moderatormicyek, Dec-12-07 01:44 AM, #15
                                              RE: so what do you guys do for a job?, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Dec-12-07 02:46 AM, #16
                                                   RE: so what do you guys do for a job?, Dualgen2, Dec-12-07 02:59 AM, #17
                                                        RE: so what do you guys do for a job?, Moderatorxcasbonx, Dec-12-07 04:21 AM, #18
RE: so what do you guys do for a job?, AdministratorCODE4, Dec-12-07 04:48 AM, #19
RE: so what do you guys do for a job?, shuwa29, Dec-12-07 06:51 AM, #22
      RE: so what do you guys do for a job?, slowmitsu, Dec-12-07 07:56 AM, #23
           RE: so what do you guys do for a job?, Fallen4ng31, Dec-12-07 08:38 AM, #24
                RE: so what do you guys do for a job?, TeamDR1665, Dec-12-07 02:05 PM, #25
                     RE: so what do you guys do for a job?, Moderatorbullettdsm, Dec-13-07 11:08 AM, #26
                          RE: so what do you guys do for a job?, Moderatorcs82685, Dec-13-07 12:28 PM, #27
                          RE: so what do you guys do for a job?, Murfsmaster, Dec-13-07 12:30 PM, #28
                               RE: so what do you guys do for a job?, ez, Dec-13-07 07:07 PM, #29
                                    RE: so what do you guys do for a job?, TeamDR1665, Dec-14-07 04:44 AM, #30
                                         RE: so what do you guys do for a job?, KaptainMyke, Dec-14-07 05:48 AM, #31
                                              RE: so what do you guys do for a job?, mcgyvr, Dec-14-07 06:42 AM, #32
                                                   RE: so what do you guys do for a job?, Diceman19, Dec-14-07 07:25 AM, #33
                                                        RE: so what do you guys do for a job?, ModeratoreclipzGST, Dec-14-07 02:49 PM, #34
                                                             RE: so what do you guys do for a job?, 95greenhrcgs, Dec-14-07 03:09 PM, #35
                                                                  RE: so what do you guys do for a job?, quicksilver99, Dec-14-07 04:59 PM, #36
                                                                       RE: so what do you guys do for a job?, blcktalipse, Dec-17-07 04:31 AM, #37
                                                                            RE: so what do you guys do for a job?, ModeratorEvuLFleA, Dec-17-07 04:56 AM, #38
                                                                                 RE: so what do you guys do for a job?, whodatt1, Dec-18-07 08:25 AM, #39
                                                                                      RE: so what do you guys do for a job?, CopperEclipse96, Dec-19-07 05:37 PM, #40
RE: so what do you guys do for a job?, 95eclipse420A, Dec-19-07 06:49 PM, #41
RE: so what do you guys do for a job?, 99atxdsm, Dec-20-07 11:01 AM, #42

RSClipse9d7Dec-11-07 01:17 PM
Member since Dec 08th 2001
915 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#29775, "RE: so what do you guys do for a job?"
In response to Reply # 0

I don't know how many responses you will get to this. About 2 months ago that was part of another thread's topics.

I will be an associate at PriceWaterhouseCoopers starting in September 08. Until then I will be a full time student at Ithaca College.

If you don't know what you want to study go undecided to a state school (cheap tuition) and just take the general courses for a year or two. Something will spark your interest.

97 RS- Runs, but never driven
2000 Subaru Outback- Daily Driver

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

jasonfromyorkpaDec-11-07 01:52 PM
Member since Dec 06th 2007
6 posts,
#29776, "RE: so what do you guys do for a job?"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by RSClipse9d7
I don't know how many responses you will get to this. About 2 months ago that was part of another thread's topics. I will be an associate at PriceWaterhouseCoopers starting in September 08. Until then I will be a full time student at Ithaca College. If you don't know what you want to study go undecided to a state school (cheap tuition) and just take the general courses for a year or two. Something will spark your interest.

I droped out of school made it too tenth grade. I went to work in constuction I love it balls to the wall spring and summer laid off from turkey day till april (love it 498.00 a week unemployment) I run a small dozer and am outside all day. I cant think of anything better

>

djtrickeeDec-11-07 03:57 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#29789, "RE: so what do you guys do for a job?"
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by jasonfromyorkpa
I droped out of school made it too tenth grade.

That. is. AWESOME!!!

I didn't know high school dropouts had the intarweb!

.........................................................................................................................

Built. That's All...
.........................................................................................................................
www.monkeybuttpirate.com
2 Fingers of Scotch with a milk back... Stat!

jasonfromyorkpaDec-12-07 06:38 AM
Member since Dec 06th 2007
6 posts,
#29801, "RE: so what do you guys do for a job?"
In response to Reply # 10
Dec-12-07 10:59 AM by jasonfromyorkpa

Originally posted by djtrickee
Originally posted by jasonfromyorkpa I droped out of school made it too tenth grade.
That. is. AWESOME!!! I didn't know high school dropouts had the intarweb!

I bet you kick little puppies

>

soulcontrollerDec-12-07 06:46 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2490 posts,
#29802, "RE: so what do you guys do for a job?"
In response to Reply # 20

I droped out of school made it too tenth grade.

I beat you kick little puppies

I went to work in constuction

I'm not trying to be a dick, i'm just saying... hehe

95talonesiboyDec-11-07 02:18 PM
Member since Sep 08th 2007
55 posts,
#29778, "RE: so what do you guys do for a job?"
In response to Reply # 0

im a manager at einstein bros. bagels, been working there for 2 years since i was 16, and im studying criminal justice with dreams of being a cop!

soulcontrollerDec-11-07 02:25 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2490 posts,
#29779, "RE: so what do you guys do for a job?"
In response to Reply # 3

retail management.

ScreaminEDec-11-07 02:37 PM
Donating 2GNT member
815 posts,
#29780, "RE: so what do you guys do for a job?"
In response to Reply # 4

Civil Engineer-Engineer in Training (EIT)
Acutally graduating Saturday.

I was hired recently for Professional Service Industries or PSI for short (love the name). I'm going to be entering a program called Mangers in Training. A 12 month training program. When I'm done I'll be a branch or district manager depending on where I decide to go (or stay) in a year.

Job description: DIRT!!!! Basically PSI is a soils/concrete/construction materials testing firm that has over 125 offices nationwide.

Backing up a little bit. I've been studying civil engineering for the last 4 years at UNC-Charlotte and it is an excellent (not to mention CHEAP) University. Honestly, when I entered the program I thought all that civil engineers did was build roads and bridges. Civil Engineering is a field is so flexible, you can do just about anything you want. The catagories are basically Structures (steel, concrete, or timber), Environmental, Geotech (soils and foundations) and Transportation. I've studied geotech/transportaton mosty in my upper level classes. I've developed an interest in retaining walls and foundation design, but honestly I doubt I will ever do either of the two.

Money is great...the job marker is INSANE right now. The only thing is that the schooling is not for your average idiot. They throw a serious amount of nasties like calculus and physics at you just to make you quit. School has not been the average college experience, but I've stil had a blast.

eclipse982nrRSTDec-11-07 02:38 PM
Member since Mar 16th 2004
6314 posts,
#29781, "RE: so what do you guys do for a job?"
In response to Reply # 5
Dec-11-07 02:39 PM by eclipse982nrRST

GM Certified Auto/Diesel Technician @ a Chevrolet dealership,

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

foggy45Dec-11-07 03:18 PM
Member since Dec 28th 2003
1032 posts,
#29782, "RE: so what do you guys do for a job?"
In response to Reply # 6

Medic up!

Best sum up of working on a 2GNT
DR1665- "#5. Spike that motherfucker on the garage floor and grab a beer. You deserve it."

Ahhhh Priceless . . .
eclipse982nrRST "its actually lightish red"
RoninEclipse2G "yeah, they already have a color for that... it's called PINK"

SPL_EclipseDec-11-07 03:32 PM
Member since Mar 11th 2002
5921 posts,
#29784, "RE: so what do you guys do for a job?"
In response to Reply # 7

i get people drunk. it pays very well (much of which is not really "seen" by any "agency" :coug and im basically wasted at work a lot. oh, and wasted chicks love bartenders. :

:shhh: i do cocaine :/shhh:

NightfallDec-11-07 03:39 PM
Donating 2GNT member
335 posts,
#29786, "RE: so what do you guys do for a job?"
In response to Reply # 6

Right now I'm a technician at an office equipment service place, I hate it. I've been doing it for almost 4 years and I'm burnt out. On the brighter side I've also been working with my dad on the weekends at a towing/salvage yard buisness. He's the head mechanic and is going to be in charge of their new building, which will open in Jan. and then I will start there full time. I'm excited, I'll be in charge of setting up an inventory program, security camera system and my usual job of restoring peices of junk, I love being able to take a car, go pull the necessary parts to fix it up, have the replacement parts sprayed, inspect/detail it and have it sell all in one weekend. More hours and more pay help alot too

HedgeDec-11-07 03:59 PM
Donating 2GNT member
182 posts,
#29790, "RE: so what do you guys do for a job?"
In response to Reply # 9

Originally posted by Nightfall
Right now I'm a technician at an office equipment service place, I hate it. I've been doing it for almost 4 years and I'm burnt out. On the brighter side I've also been working with my dad on the weekends at a towing/salvage yard buisness. He's the head mechanic and is going to be in charge of their new building, which will open in Jan. and then I will start there full time. I'm excited, I'll be in charge of setting up an inventory program, security camera system and my usual job of restoring peices of junk, I love being able to take a car, go pull the necessary parts to fix it up, have the replacement parts sprayed, inspect/detail it and have it sell all in one weekend. More hours and more pay help alot too

That second thing sounds like the greatest job one could have haha, I would love something like that for sure.

Thank you mobil one for rust proofing my driveway.

goalie40Dec-11-07 04:56 PM
Member since Sep 12th 2005
431 posts,
#29791, "RE: so what do you guys do for a job?"
In response to Reply # 11

I run An AT&T Dealership on a military base getting ready to open another one that ill be in charge of too. wooohoooo
On the side In feb when my Friend/housemate/fraternity brother gets back from iraq we are opening a mexican food place on the base I work at. Paper work is all done Have 90% of what we need. Just waiting for him to get back. I have a full plate.

But the best job I ever had was this one

Its long story how I got this job But this is me in mexico filming the Real World Road Rules challenge The Inferno

This is the Final round Blue team won it all. kendal is hot katie is fucking nuts holly is cool so is the Miz syrus is the man.

This is yellow card I jumped a van with them By mistake, driving them back to the hotel that night. 15 person cargo van + 35mph + 10 inch high speedbump = air
After the first one They made me do it again (true story):) cool guys

this is my crew The nite crew 4pm till 3am when all the good shit is going down. this nite I waded out in the ocean in full gear batterys walkie big ass light for the camera man to catch 2 cast members hooking up

and last but not least its my famous Dave Mirra stripper and midget picture Like it goes what happends in mexico stays in mexico.
Umm sorry for the boobs if thats not cool

Ever get a chance to work on a show like this do it.

We will build you bigger and stronger

Wake up and drive my ass... More like wake up and fix it.

If the opposite of Pro is Con
then the opposite of Progress is Congress

turbo8uDec-11-07 06:44 PM
Member since Jun 15th 2003
10552 posts,
#29792, "RE: so what do you guys do for a job?"
In response to Reply # 12

tig welder

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

96 Black ESi
91 Red TSI AWD (RIP)
02 WRX

"turnin wrenches for nine hours in the pouring rain, just to get the beast up and running again"

Aerospace Certified TIG welder for Precision Castparts in Portland, OR.

JoshSpair.com

totaleklipse97Dec-11-07 09:17 PM
Member since May 14th 2003
3589 posts,
#29794, "RE: so what do you guys do for a job?"
In response to Reply # 13

Used to sell drugs to old people, legally. Did that for seven years and got sick of the same old bullshit. Low control and high demand equals a very stressful situation. So I went back to school and work just 6 hours a month or so and study/attend class about 10 hours a day most days. I also get to see hot bitches everyday and have every weekend off.. except I have to "borrow" 20k a year for this "job".. thankfully when I get out, I'll be making about five times that a year.

-----------------------------------

My DSM registry.......Powered By Exile Racing
VW= The joy of driving
DSM= The frustration of fixing

The wonders of 2gnt chat:

‹totaleklipse97› so what benefits do i get from being ur e-boyfriend
‹Jen› uh... the honor?
‹totaleklipse97› somehow i guess i got that title now
‹Jen› somehow.....

ModeratormicyekDec-12-07 01:44 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5070 posts,
#29795, "RE: so what do you guys do for a job?"
In response to Reply # 14
Dec-12-07 01:47 AM by micyek

I've been pretty lucky. I have an associates in applied science, drafting and design. About 7 months ago I landed a job at Michigan State University, in the Cyclotron Lab ( www.nscl.msu.edu/ ) Good pay, low stress, great benefits, and consistent 40 hours per week. A lot different then working for a job shop. Plus I'll starting school for free at MSU in a few months to get my BS...and maybe beyond.

getty up

-kent-

'98 Talon...gone, but not forgotten

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneDec-12-07 02:46 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#29796, "RE: so what do you guys do for a job?"
In response to Reply # 15

I'm a UNIX and Linux admin for a global seismic data processing company.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

Dualgen2Dec-12-07 02:59 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3726 posts,
#29797, "RE: so what do you guys do for a job?"
In response to Reply # 16

Jaguar Service Advisor

2009 Corolla S - waiting until 2012 for my next toy!
*SOLD* 1992 3000GT VR4 - pearl white and 45,6xx miles!
*SOLD* 2007 Subaru Legacy GT sedan
*SOLD* 95 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4 - BPU
*SOLD* 97 Eclipse GS Star Stage 2

ModeratorxcasbonxDec-12-07 04:21 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2874 posts,
#29798, "RE: so what do you guys do for a job?"
In response to Reply # 17

Product Specialist/Technician for a Highway Sign Structure manufacturing division of a global bloodsucking corporation.

I contributed to the Wiki.

AdministratorCODE4Dec-12-07 04:48 AM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
#29800, "RE: so what do you guys do for a job?"
In response to Reply # 0

United States Marine Corps.

Definitely not for everyone. But you learn a lot. About yourself, about others, and get paid to do some crazy ass shit. But every so often when you are alone after a near miss you cannot help but ask yourself if it is really worth it in the end.

---

2012 2500HD LML

shuwa29Dec-12-07 06:51 AM
Member since Mar 15th 2002
2301 posts,
#29803, "RE: so what do you guys do for a job?"
In response to Reply # 19

Electronic Warfare Signals Analyst for the Air Force. Pays the bills and I get to travel

later

2GNT #1865
2006 Yamaha YZF R6 (Blue/Black)
2005 Honda CBR 600 RR (Blue REPSOL)
2003 BMW 325I Premium/Sport Package
2003 Honda CBR 600 RR (sold)
1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS (sold)
Shuwa's links:
http://www.facebook.com/Shuwa29
http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b50/shuwa29/

DarkOne> but we all have that inner ricer that is just dying to come out sometimes...

slowmitsuDec-12-07 07:56 AM
Member since May 26th 2005
343 posts,
#29807, "RE: so what do you guys do for a job?"
In response to Reply # 22

I'm a data analyst for an AT&T call center. Most mind numbing job on the planet but it gets the bills paid and have an awesome benefits package.

_______

BPU'd skittle

Fallen4ng31Dec-12-07 08:38 AM
Donating 2GNT member
370 posts,
#29811, "RE: so what do you guys do for a job?"
In response to Reply # 23

Net admin for a contract management firm.

1998 Eclipse RS-T - Totaled 4/23/09 -
1998 Eclipse GST - Stroked 2.3l, HX40 fed: Build in progress
2010 Subaru Outback Limited

I hate hipsters.

TeamDR1665Dec-12-07 02:05 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#29824, "RE: so what do you guys do for a job?"
In response to Reply # 24
Dec-12-07 02:06 PM by DR1665

It's been one of those years.

Oct.04-Mar: Loan Processor for pool builder.
Apr-Jun: Executive Recruiter for water/wastewater industry.
Jun-Sep: Management Trainee for Enterprise Wreck-A-Life.
Sep-current: Sales for MotorWeb.com (aka: SportCompactOnly.com)

A wise man who is very fast without a turbo on this site said I should do what I love and the rest would follow. Three plus months in and I'm making as much as I ever have in an environment that gives me nearly unlimited income potential and my stress level has dropped by about 90%.

My only worries are paying for college. You should go to college, but go as cheaply as you can.

ModeratorbullettdsmDec-13-07 11:08 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2676 posts,
#29858, "RE: so what do you guys do for a job?"
In response to Reply # 25

Originally posted by DR1665
my stress level has dropped by about 90%.

Congrats . That alone was worth it.

Originally posted by DR1665 My only worries are paying for college. You should go to college, but go as cheaply as you can.

I did first two years community college (got the crap courses out of the way) transfered credits. Graduated 3.97 gpa from CCSU in CT. Reads the same wether I did 4 years there or 2. BUT, 1/2 the price!

Oh WTF do I do? I run crews and do construction. Sumptin' like that.

Captain Caveman

96 RS Turbo 11.414 @ 119.62 MSNS, Crower 2 NA cams, BW366, 10.5 comp, UDP, 60mm TB, W/A intercooler, 3.55 tranny 567.9whp 430tq
97 RS NA 13.188 @ 103.87 MSnS powered 12.5 comp, Crower 3's and 219.4whp with 175tq
98 RS DD 12.5 comp on stock ECU, LTH, Crower 2's, Koni, GC, Hypercoil, DG hats
99 OZ 5sp Stocker 15.856 @ 85.97
99 GS stocker auto 17.7@77mph!

wiki home page:http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=bullettdsm

Moderatorcs82685Dec-13-07 12:28 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2007 posts,
#29859, "RE: so what do you guys do for a job?"
In response to Reply # 26
Dec-13-07 12:29 PM by cs82685

Originally posted by RSClipse9d7
I don't know how many responses you will get to this. About 2 months ago that was part of another thread's topics. I will be an associate at PriceWaterhouseCoopers starting in September 08.

pfff they suck

j/k I'm a first year at KPMG

pay rocks, but I worked from 9am-11pm the other day. I got out early today because of the snow, only worked 8 hours. 10-12 hours a day is pretty standard but as long as you're busy the time flys

Also spent an hour today explaining to an assistant controller how he doesn't know how to convert from one foreign currency to another

I contributed to the Wiki!
EVO IX - just a really expensive boost gauge and a K&N air filter
96 Eclipse RS -awaiting registration and inspection
95 Eclipse GS - parts car
Mods/Profile - http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=cs82685

MurfsmasterDec-13-07 12:30 PM
Member since Mar 22nd 2005
175 posts,
#29860, "RE: so what do you guys do for a job?"
In response to Reply # 26

I am a machinist at a local aluminum foundry. We make parts for Chrysler and Caterpiller (amoing others). We even made the oil pump housing for our cars before the job was sent to Mexico. We have like 200 of these things laying around machined ready for assembly . I love my job and don't think I would trade it for anything right now.

ezDec-13-07 07:07 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3461 posts,
#29871, "RE: so what do you guys do for a job?"
In response to Reply # 28

I'm a whore. I get laid and then I get paid.

2gnt: '99 RS-T, killed by a toyota, pending rebuild...
Daily: Volt
Daily #2: '99 EVG ebike- STOLEN by PEDRO

TeamDR1665Dec-14-07 04:44 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#29872, "RE: so what do you guys do for a job?"
In response to Reply # 29

Originally posted by ez
I'm a whore. I get laid and then I get paid.

Don't lie. I know you've had some of the coolest jobs of anyone here. All doing research and whatnot for NASA.

KaptainMykeDec-14-07 05:48 AM
Donating 2GNT member
10179 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#29873, "RE: so what do you guys do for a job?"
In response to Reply # 30

I work from home selling tee shirts online at KaptainMyke.com.

Christmas is being good to us this year. Oh yeah.

https://www.kaptainmyke.com

mcgyvrDec-14-07 06:42 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3121 posts,
#29874, "RE: so what do you guys do for a job?"
In response to Reply # 31

I'm a design engineer for a small telecom company. We make rackmount dc fuse panels for central offices/data centers (where all the phone/server equipment is).

Fuck college..Self taught is the way to go..I started as a cad drafter (I actually have a associates in cad drafting) and now I am the whole engineering department. When the telecom bust came about 5-6 years ago we had 4 engineers and me doing the drawings for them, then they all got layed off because they made 3 times as much money as me and I could do their jobs easily..So now I'm the man..

1998 dodge avenger 4 cyl AT
Mods are:
Not enough

Diceman19Dec-14-07 07:25 AM
Donating 2GNT member
4629 posts,
#29876, "RE: so what do you guys do for a job?"
In response to Reply # 32

i work in an indianapolis based datacenter. basically i sit on my butt all day and play on the internet.

ModeratoreclipzGSTDec-14-07 02:49 PM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#29889, "RE: so what do you guys do for a job?"
In response to Reply # 33

Technical Service Specialist for AEARO Technologies. We make all kinds of fun stuff. From safety glasses to 2 way communications headsets. We own, AO Safety (safety products sold at Home Depot, Lowes and tons of other places), E-A-R (ear plugs and hearing protection), Peltor (hearing protection and communications), SafeWaze (fall protection harnesses).

We were just actually bought out by 3M who was our biggest competitor for respiratory protection. The deal's done in January/February. Hopefully, I get to keep my job, or move up the ladder more with them paying the bills.

Originally posted by Avenger
When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

"Never whistle while your pissing." ~The illuminatus Trilogy

95greenhrcgsDec-14-07 03:09 PM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
1420 posts,
#29890, "RE: so what do you guys do for a job?"
In response to Reply # 34

UPS Driver. I "race the truck" everyday!

Jonathan
95 Eclipse GS
8 injector
Hahn Stage 3.5
Howell 2.2L Stroker

T O T A L L E D, T H A N K S T O S O M E A S S H A T!!!!!!!!!!!!

quicksilver99Dec-14-07 04:59 PM
Member since May 02nd 2006
152 posts,
#29892, "RE: so what do you guys do for a job?"
In response to Reply # 35

Installation specialist a.k.a MillWright... I been welding for 12 years, everytihng from heavy structural to pharmacutical. I've been buildin and instaling food proccessing equip for almost four years and it's been the best job yet, Aside from doin work for a local race engine builder... That one tops all and full access to a complete race engine shop is a def bonus. Oh, I dropped out of college and barely made it out of high school. Not because I didn't get it but because I would have rather been building something cool instead. My advice: make sure you really want to take that path in life before you spend a bunch of money on it. Schooling gets pricey, and a year worth of metalurgical studies was a far better investment than all my previous endevors.

Creative thinking? Ingenuity? Hell, It's just an obsession!

99 Eclipse GS turbo: MSpowered, everything custom built, 223.8 HP-199.8 TQ @8psi through auto-tranny. The first time around...

blcktalipseDec-17-07 04:31 AM
Member since Sep 20th 2003
1067 posts,
#29919, "RE: so what do you guys do for a job?"
In response to Reply # 36

Aerospace Coatings Technician

ModeratorEvuLFleADec-17-07 04:56 AM
Old School 2GNTer
9791 posts,
#29920, "RE: so what do you guys do for a job?"
In response to Reply # 37

Programmer and lately project manager.

------------------------------------------------
98 ESi
95 GS

whodatt1Dec-18-07 08:25 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2531 posts,
#29957, "RE: so what do you guys do for a job?"
In response to Reply # 38

Cisco CCM/IPCC Analyst for a major medical company in the state.

-97 GS (First project, 299 whp)(sold)
- 97 RS 2.6 last numbers: 306hp, 352tq @16psi (Dead, parted out)
- 99 GS OZ, Hahn Kit, 56k miles (Sold)
--------
- 00 Nissan Maxima GLE (Daily Driver)
- 02 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro

CopperEclipse96Dec-19-07 05:37 PM
Member since Jan 14th 2003
2532 posts,
#29994, "RE: so what do you guys do for a job?"
In response to Reply # 39

I'm a lineman for the electric company here in town. I make the lights come on after the storm and such. Yesterday I had to climb out of the bucket truck at like 60 feet, and sit on a 4"x4" piece of wood to do some work that we couldn't reach with the truck.

Get paid good, get to do some cool shit, and it's a pretty low-stress job. Plus they are paying for me to go to school right now.

---------------------------------------

-Ian
-1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS (SOLD!)
-2006 Nissan Frontier NISMO
-2003 CBR600RR

95eclipse420ADec-19-07 06:49 PM
Member since Jan 01st 2005
139 posts,
#29995, "RE: so what do you guys do for a job?"
In response to Reply # 0
Dec-19-07 06:50 PM by 95eclipse420A

yeah, i'm the cable guy. FREE cable, phone AND internet. GO ME!

99atxdsmDec-20-07 11:01 AM
Member since Dec 25th 2006
36 posts,
#30018, "RE: so what do you guys do for a job?"
In response to Reply # 41
Dec-20-07 11:04 AM by 99atxdsm

take a guess

(in the way back on the left with glasses)

Tim Reed
76 Colt Galant coupe
77 Colt Galant Wagon
91 GVR4 1350/2000 (Scrapped)
99 Eclipse GS (sold)
89 Suburban 4x4

Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #29774 Previous topic | Next topic