Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #26627
View in linear mode

Subject: "Right-Hand Driving?" Previous topic | Next topic
BDubuc412Aug-15-07 01:56 PM
Member since Aug 15th 2007
0 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#26627, "Right-Hand Driving?"

I have fallen in love for a couple years now, with right-hand
driven cars.  I was just wondering if their are conversion
kits made for my car, and if so, where can I find them.

I have a 1999 Eclipse GS.  

Please respond, I have been searching for so long on finding
some, but I have had no luck.

Thank you for you time.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Right-Hand Driving?, djtrickee, Aug-15-07 02:29 PM, #1
RE: Right-Hand Driving?, totaleklipse97, Aug-15-07 02:37 PM, #2
RE: Right-Hand Driving?, 2GeclipseRS, Aug-21-07 07:01 PM, #27
RE: Right-Hand Driving?, totaleclipse_05, Aug-22-07 08:59 AM, #28
      RE: Right-Hand Driving?, djtrickee, Aug-22-07 10:11 AM, #29
           RE: Right-Hand Driving?, 2GeclipseRS, Aug-27-07 01:25 PM, #30
RE: Right-Hand Driving?, djtrickee, Apr-01-08 11:32 AM, #31
RE: Right-Hand Driving?, Nine5eclipse03, Aug-15-07 02:42 PM, #3
RE: Right-Hand Driving?, EvMan2345, Aug-15-07 02:46 PM, #4
RE: Right-Hand Driving?, Hedge, Aug-15-07 02:48 PM, #5
      RE: Right-Hand Driving?, djtrickee, Aug-15-07 03:44 PM, #6
           RE: Right-Hand Driving?, Hedge, Aug-15-07 03:52 PM, #7
                RE: Right-Hand Driving?, hazardeclipse, Aug-15-07 04:01 PM, #8
                     RE: Right-Hand Driving?, totaleklipse97, Aug-15-07 04:23 PM, #9
                     RE: Right-Hand Driving?, thedawg, Apr-02-08 07:16 AM, #32
                     RE: Right-Hand Driving?, nFiniteGS-T, Aug-15-07 05:17 PM, #10
                          RE: Right-Hand Driving?, Moderatormicyek, Aug-16-07 02:13 AM, #11
                          RE: Right-Hand Driving?, totaleclipse_05, Aug-16-07 06:55 AM, #12
                               RE: Right-Hand Driving?, cougar694u, Aug-16-07 07:49 AM, #13
                                    RE: Right-Hand Driving?, djtrickee, Aug-16-07 07:58 AM, #14
                                         RE: Right-Hand Driving?, Moderatorcs82685, Aug-17-07 10:09 AM, #15
                                              RE: Right-Hand Driving?, BDubuc412, Aug-17-07 10:16 AM, #16
                                                   RE: Right-Hand Driving?, EcLIpsInEmCEe7, Aug-17-07 10:35 AM, #17
                                                        RE: Right-Hand Driving?, BDubuc412, Aug-17-07 11:29 AM, #18
                                                        RE: Right-Hand Driving?, djtrickee, Aug-17-07 12:20 PM, #20
                                                        RE: Right-Hand Driving?, edxmon, Aug-17-07 05:06 PM, #21
                                                             RE: Right-Hand Driving?, djtrickee, Aug-18-07 05:51 AM, #22
                                                                  RE: Right-Hand Driving?, slowmitsu, Aug-18-07 06:20 AM, #23
                                                                       RE: Right-Hand Driving?, freelancefool, Aug-18-07 06:28 AM, #24
                                                        RE: Right-Hand Driving?, totaleclipse_05, Aug-18-07 08:14 AM, #25
                                                             RE: Right-Hand Driving?, DanKid, Aug-18-07 11:54 AM, #26
                                                        RE: Right-Hand Driving?, djtrickee, Aug-17-07 12:20 PM, #19
                                                             RE: Right-Hand Driving?, BigRedMonster, Apr-02-08 08:36 AM, #33
                                                                  RE: Right-Hand Driving?, totaleclipse_05, Nov-09-09 12:55 PM, #34
                                                                       RE: Right-Hand Driving?, djtrickee, Nov-09-09 05:15 PM, #35
                                                                            RE: Right-Hand Driving?, Moderatorteklein, Nov-09-09 05:51 PM, #36
                                                                                 RE: Right-Hand Driving?, Tuxdreamerx, Nov-13-09 01:07 PM, #37

djtrickeeAug-15-07 02:29 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#26628, "RE: Right-Hand Driving?"
In response to Reply # 0
Aug-15-07 02:43 PM by djtrickee

Originally posted by BDubuc412
I have fallen in love for a couple years now, with right-hand driven cars. I was just wondering if their are conversion kits made for my car, and if so, where can I find them. I have a 1999 Eclipse GS. Please respond, I have been searching for so long on finding some, but I have had no luck. Thank you for you time.

Yes there are conversion kits available. Send $19.95 to me and I will show you how to complete this conversion. PM me for pics and paypal info.

EDIT: Here are some pics of the cars we have converted!!

.........................................................................................................................

Built. That's All...
.........................................................................................................................
www.monkeybuttpirate.com
2 Fingers of Scotch with a milk back... Stat!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

totaleklipse97Aug-15-07 02:37 PM
Member since May 14th 2003
3589 posts,
#26629, "RE: Right-Hand Driving?"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by djtrickee
Originally posted by BDubuc412 I have fallen in love for a couple years now, with right-hand driven cars. I was just wondering if their are conversion kits made for my car, and if so, where can I find them. I have a 1999 Eclipse GS. Please respond, I have been searching for so long on finding some, but I have had no luck. Thank you for you time.
Yes there are conversion kits available. Send $19.95 to me and I will show you how to complete this conversion. PM me for pics and paypal info.

hahahaha it's been a loooonggggg time since we've seen this.

-----------------------------------

My DSM registry.......Powered By Exile Racing
VW= The joy of driving
DSM= The frustration of fixing

The wonders of 2gnt chat:

‹totaleklipse97› so what benefits do i get from being ur e-boyfriend
‹Jen› uh... the honor?
‹totaleklipse97› somehow i guess i got that title now
‹Jen› somehow.....

2GeclipseRSAug-21-07 07:01 PM
Member since May 06th 2007
781 posts,
#26750, "RE: Right-Hand Driving?"
In response to Reply # 1
Aug-21-07 07:12 PM by 2GeclipseRS

Originally posted by BDubuc412 I have fallen in love for a couple years now, with right-hand driven cars. I was just wondering if their are conversion kits made for my car, and if so, where can I find them. I have a 1999 Eclipse GS. Please respond, I have been searching for so long on finding some, but I have had no luck. Thank you for you time.
Yes there are conversion kits available. Send $19.95 to me and I will show you how to complete this conversion. PM me for pics and paypal info. EDIT: Here are some pics of the cars we have converted!!

Hey! Third pic down. I was given some herb a month or two ago and was sitting in the driveway in the car smoking it. The idea came to me to do my gauges EXACTLY LIKE THAT. I sat there in my 2gnt notebook and sketched it along with a bunch of other interior ideas i had. No bullshit.

Amazing. Though, i wanted to make it out of fiberglass and glass that in so it'd be a seamless contour with the dash.

Best way to complete the conversion=buy an rhd front clip. Swap everything over and do a bit of cutting and welding where needed and poof!

edit: If that's a shift light where the cigarette lighter is then that is the cockpit i designed down to a tee minus the rhd and switchbox below the radio. Holy shit.

Goodnight sweetheart...yes its time to go...bum bum bum bum bum...good night sweetheart yes I am one little a$$hole......bum bum bum bum....

totaleclipse_05Aug-22-07 08:59 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1486 posts,
#26762, "RE: Right-Hand Driving?"
In response to Reply # 27

Originally posted by 2GeclipseRS
Best way to complete the conversion=buy an rhd front clip. Swap everything over and do a bit of cutting and welding where needed and poof!

Don't give away Deej's method! Cuttin into his profits.

Mike D
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by DR1665
You're welcome to all the beer you can drink, but you have to go get it yourself. Don't get pissy when we point to the fridge and tell you to get it yourself.

djtrickeeAug-22-07 10:11 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#26764, "RE: Right-Hand Driving?"
In response to Reply # 28

Originally posted by totaleclipse_05
Originally posted by 2GeclipseRS Best way to complete the conversion=buy an rhd front clip. Swap everything over and do a bit of cutting and welding where needed and poof!
Don't give away Deej's method! Cuttin into his profits.

Haha. This one's a smart one yes? Too bad I bought up all the RHD front clips in the country. The only place left to get more is from Japan!

Built. That's All...
www.monkeybuttpirate.com

2GeclipseRSAug-27-07 01:25 PM
Member since May 06th 2007
781 posts,
#26865, "RE: Right-Hand Driving?"
In response to Reply # 29

Lol.

Goodnight sweetheart...yes its time to go...bum bum bum bum bum...good night sweetheart yes I am one little a$$hole......bum bum bum bum....

djtrickeeApr-01-08 11:32 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#32351, "RE: Right-Hand Driving?"
In response to Reply # 1

Yes there are conversion kits available. Send $19.95 to me and I will show you how to complete this conversion. PM me for pics and paypal info. EDIT: Here are some pics of the cars we have converted!!

FYI... these kits are still available. Now with NEW & IMPROVED RHD sticker kit to make sure all the gauges and switches match the Right Hand Drive cars.

Built. That's All...
www.monkeybuttpirate.com

Nine5eclipse03Aug-15-07 02:42 PM
Member since Oct 11th 2004
335 posts,
#26630, "RE: Right-Hand Driving?"
In response to Reply # 0

[div class="dcquote"][i][b]Originally posted by
BDubuc412[/i][/b]
I have fallen in love for a couple years now, with right-hand
driven cars.  I was just wondering if their are conversion
kits made for my car, and if so, where can I find them.  I
have a 1999 Eclipse GS.    Please respond, I have been
searching for so long on finding some, but I have had no luck.
 Thank you for you time.
[/div]

Don't sell your car to 16 year olds...

95 Eclipse RS - Sold for 6k, totalled three days later :puke
91 Dodge Stealth R/T TT - 3" exhaust w/ no cats, eurethane motor mounts, 300M unbreakable output shaft, kevlar faced clutch, turbo XS BOV, 99 3000gt front conversion, carbon fiber hood. Dyno'd at 386hp. - SOLD! for 5k
98 Dodge Ram 1500 Club Cab 4x4 black on black.

EvMan2345Aug-15-07 02:46 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1888 posts,
#26631, "RE: Right-Hand Driving?"
In response to Reply # 3
Aug-15-07 02:47 PM by EvMan2345

DJ- Payment sent through paypal! Please send me the info ASAP! Thanks!

Evan B
02 Explorer
97 GS- sold
90 GSX-sold
Stamford CT
EvMan2345@aol.com

HedgeAug-15-07 02:48 PM
Donating 2GNT member
182 posts,
#26632, "RE: Right-Hand Driving?"
In response to Reply # 3

I have the same radio that car #3 has haha.

Thank you mobil one for rust proofing my driveway.

djtrickeeAug-15-07 03:44 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#26633, "RE: Right-Hand Driving?"
In response to Reply # 5
Aug-15-07 03:44 PM by djtrickee

Originally posted by Hedge
I have the same radio that car #3 has haha.

I doubt it. We had to do the JDM conversion on that radio to get it to work with the right-hand drive center console. Same with the gauges.

Built. That's All...
www.monkeybuttpirate.com

HedgeAug-15-07 03:52 PM
Donating 2GNT member
182 posts,
#26634, "RE: Right-Hand Driving?"
In response to Reply # 6

ive done the swap myself, id take pictures but i dont have my camera here. I might have a picture of the interior somewhere that i could post, but i doubt it.

Thank you mobil one for rust proofing my driveway.

hazardeclipseAug-15-07 04:01 PM
Member since Oct 09th 2003
640 posts,
#26635, "RE: Right-Hand Driving?"
In response to Reply # 7

after you do the right hand drive conversion hit up thedawg for his 4g63 conversion kit. That would be sweet.

RIP- Rustbucket 1995-2009

‹hazardeclipse› by the way youre thinking of hazard_eclipse
‹hazardeclipse› thats not my fucking car
‹teklein› Oh yeah
‹hazardeclipse› he stole my name
‹hazardeclipse› fuck that radioactive yellow shit
‹teklein› Hazard_eclipse is the homo.

totaleklipse97Aug-15-07 04:23 PM
Member since May 14th 2003
3589 posts,
#26636, "RE: Right-Hand Driving?"
In response to Reply # 8

Originally posted by hazardeclipse
after you do the right hand drive conversion hit up thedawg for his 4g63 conversion kit. That would be sweet.

Holy carp.. I haven't seen Dan around in a LONG time!

-----------------------------------

My DSM registry.......Powered By Exile Racing
VW= The joy of driving
DSM= The frustration of fixing

The wonders of 2gnt chat:

‹totaleklipse97› so what benefits do i get from being ur e-boyfriend
‹Jen› uh... the honor?
‹totaleklipse97› somehow i guess i got that title now
‹Jen› somehow.....

thedawgApr-02-08 07:16 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6287 posts,
#32398, "RE: Right-Hand Driving?"
In response to Reply # 9

Originally posted by totaleklipse97
Holy carp.. I haven't seen Dan around in a LONG time!

nFiniteGS-TAug-15-07 05:17 PM
Member since Jul 22nd 2007
17 posts,
#26637, "RE: Right-Hand Driving?"
In response to Reply # 8

Originally posted by hazardeclipse

I thought doing the RHD Conversion completely switches everything over... so wouldn't that mean that a 4G63 should drop right in?

If only DSM's were Jap Cars!

ModeratormicyekAug-16-07 02:13 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5070 posts,
#26638, "RE: Right-Hand Driving?"
In response to Reply # 10

is #2 Shamu?

I like the file names too?

getty up

-kent-

'98 Talon...gone, but not forgotten

totaleclipse_05Aug-16-07 06:55 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1486 posts,
#26642, "RE: Right-Hand Driving?"
In response to Reply # 10

WOW DEEJ, those are such clean installs! I will be sending my payment shortly!!!11!eleven!1!

Mike D
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You're welcome to all the beer you can drink, but you have to go get it yourself. Don't get pissy when we point to the fridge and tell you to get it yourself.

cougar694uAug-16-07 07:49 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3381 posts,
#26643, "RE: Right-Hand Driving?"
In response to Reply # 12
Aug-16-07 07:49 AM by cougar694u

I want the $59.95 package that makes my 95 RS look like this:

Please send payment info.

~Luke
Facebook
1969 Cougar - 11.91 - 380HP
2007 GSXR 750
1999 OZ - SOLD - 15.26 NA - 14.71 on 75 shot

djtrickeeAug-16-07 07:58 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#26645, "RE: Right-Hand Driving?"
In response to Reply # 13

Originally posted by cougar694u
I want the $59.95 package that makes my 95 RS look like this: Please send payment info.

That one is still in production/ prototyping. Not ready for mainstream public yet!

Built. That's All...
www.monkeybuttpirate.com

Moderatorcs82685Aug-17-07 10:09 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2007 posts,
#26660, "RE: Right-Hand Driving?"
In response to Reply # 14

Oh man I wish I read this thread sooner, that's some funny shit Deej.

I contributed to the Wiki!
EVO IX - just a really expensive boost gauge and a K&N air filter
96 Eclipse RS -awaiting registration and inspection
95 Eclipse GS - parts car
Mods/Profile - http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=cs82685

BDubuc412Aug-17-07 10:16 AM
0 posts,
#26661, "RE: Right-Hand Driving?"
In response to Reply # 15

Am I Missing something? Whats funny?

EcLIpsInEmCEe7Aug-17-07 10:35 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1607 posts,
#26662, "RE: Right-Hand Driving?"
In response to Reply # 16

take a close look at the pics

-matt

97 Eclipse GS-T with 6-bolt engine

BDubuc412Aug-17-07 11:29 AM
0 posts,
#26663, "RE: Right-Hand Driving?"
In response to Reply # 17

Real Funny

W.E. though, I will just do it on my own.

djtrickeeAug-17-07 12:20 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#26665, "RE: Right-Hand Driving?"
In response to Reply # 18

Real Funny W.E. though, I will just do it on my own.

Hey-
Thanks for the PM's. I look forward to your payment soon!

Built. That's All...
www.monkeybuttpirate.com

edxmonAug-17-07 05:06 PM
Member since Jul 26th 2005
1006 posts,
#26668, "RE: Right-Hand Driving?"
In response to Reply # 20

DAMN! Just a few posts too late...

Originally posted by turbo8u
his girl kept looking out and down my car like uh ok we're in this 100 whatever thousand dollar car and that little whatever it is just raped us.... turbo screamed past the window like a vortex of ownage :-P robbing his engine of all the air around, and thats how i like it

Originally posted by ez
I came across a huge sack of walnuts in my grandmas garage - I better make use of them.

I contributed to the wiki! My Page: edxmon

djtrickeeAug-18-07 05:51 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#26676, "RE: Right-Hand Driving?"
In response to Reply # 21

Originally posted by edxmon
DAMN! Just a few posts too late... http://www.picpop.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10889/0wnageYugioh.jp g

Yay! I get another negative from a newbie with 0 posts. Damn gotta stop trying to help out the youngins around here!

Built. That's All...
www.monkeybuttpirate.com

slowmitsuAug-18-07 06:20 AM
Member since May 26th 2005
343 posts,
#26677, "RE: Right-Hand Driving?"
In response to Reply # 22

Originally posted by edxmon DAMN! Just a few posts too late... http://www.picpop.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10889/0wnageYugioh.jp g
Yay! I get another negative from a newbie with 0 posts. Damn gotta stop trying to help out the youngins around here!

+2 just for that laugh.

_______

BPU'd skittle

freelancefoolAug-18-07 06:28 AM
Donating 2GNT member
765 posts,
#26678, "RE: Right-Hand Driving?"
In response to Reply # 23

Originally posted by slowmitsu
Originally posted by edxmon DAMN! Just a few posts too late... http://www.picpop.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10889/0wnageYugioh.jp g
+2 just for that laugh.

+2 no doubt. -2 for the nub.

My Blog

totaleclipse_05Aug-18-07 08:14 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1486 posts,
#26679, "RE: Right-Hand Driving?"
In response to Reply # 18

Real Funny W.E. though, I will just do it on my own.

Have fun lol

Mike D

DanKidAug-18-07 11:54 AM
Member since Oct 29th 2004
480 posts,
#26681, "RE: Right-Hand Driving?"
In response to Reply # 25

Wow. I just finished posting about these recent string of newbs in another thread. http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=105677&mesg_id=105677&page=&topic_page=2

These new guys honestly make me think that the younger generation coming up now are a little slow if you know what I mean. Here's what I imagine the typical newb now looks like.

djtrickeeAug-17-07 12:20 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#26664, "RE: Right-Hand Driving?"
In response to Reply # 17

Originally posted by EcLIpsInEmCEe7
take a close look at the pics

Always gotta be one to ruin the fun eh.

Built. That's All...
www.monkeybuttpirate.com

BigRedMonsterApr-02-08 08:36 AM
Member since Mar 27th 2007
19 posts,
#32400, "RE: Right-Hand Driving?"
In response to Reply # 19
Apr-02-08 08:37 AM by BigRedMonster

Is there a group buy going on for these kits? http://smiliesftw.com>

sorry, I know it's old, but it was funny.

totaleclipse_05Nov-09-09 12:55 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1486 posts,
#42323, "RE: Right-Hand Driving?"
In response to Reply # 33

Bump because this thread rocks.

Deej, do you still have any of the RHD clips available for your kits? Thinking about picking up another 2gnt and want to do a JDM swap on it.

Mike D

djtrickeeNov-09-09 05:15 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#42333, "RE: Right-Hand Driving?"
In response to Reply # 34

Originally posted by totaleclipse_05
Bump because this thread rocks. Deej, do you still have any of the RHD clips available for your kits? Thinking about picking up another 2gnt and want to do a JDM swap on it.

I can go check my storage unit. I might have a couple more left... I would sell them cheap!

Built. That's All...
www.monkeybuttpirate.com

ModeratortekleinNov-09-09 05:51 PM
Member since Nov 04th 2007
1699 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#42334, "RE: Right-Hand Driving?"
In response to Reply # 35

Originally posted by totaleclipse_05 Bump because this thread rocks. Deej, do you still have any of the RHD clips available for your kits? Thinking about picking up another 2gnt and want to do a JDM swap on it.
I can go check my storage unit. I might have a couple more left... I would sell them cheap!

Hey,

PM me when you know if you have some. I have Paypal WAITING.

I have always wanted a RHD Eclipse!

Thanks!

TuxdreamerxNov-13-09 01:07 PM
Donating 2GNT member
384 posts,
#42376, "RE: Right-Hand Driving?"
In response to Reply # 36

Those pics fooled me until I noticed it was a flipped image lol.

Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #26627 Previous topic | Next topic