Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 5 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #24881
View in linear mode

Subject: "wow, all that for little old me? (regarding the Shamu thread)" Previous topic | Next topic
Graph-XJun-06-07 12:57 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2607 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#24881, "wow, all that for little old me? (regarding the Shamu thread)"

I leave the forum for a couple days and come back to a 7 page locked thread about my restoration project... wow. First off, I think I mostly was disappointed in the lack of positive motivation from all but Driggs, Terry, and Huj. I already knew that I had an uphill battle standing before me, I didn't need everyone in the know, and some that had no clue reminding me of that fact. I will not give up on this car, and it will be back on the road by the end of the season. I may not be able to afford the turbo kit this year, but if I can get her running and in decent condition then that will be feat enough for one season. As the old thread was locked, I will continue to post updates and pics of my progress in here.

Again thanks to all that have been supportive. And for those in the area, you if you'd like to see the car of controversy, I'm having a meet at my place for my birthday. Information is in the announcements forum.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: wow, all that for little old me? (regarding the Shamu thread), ModeratorEvuLFleA, Jun-06-07 04:12 AM, #1
RE: wow, all that for little old me? (regarding the Shamu thread), turbo8u, Jun-06-07 06:01 AM, #2
      RE: wow, all that for little old me? (regarding the Shamu thread), vegasdsmr, Jun-06-07 06:50 AM, #3
           RE: wow, all that for little old me? (regarding the Shamu thread), Moderatormicyek, Jun-06-07 08:15 AM, #4
                RE: wow, all that for little old me? (regarding the Shamu thread), ez, Jun-06-07 05:07 PM, #5
                     RE: wow, all that for little old me? (regarding the Shamu thread), hazardeclipse, Jun-07-07 04:30 AM, #6
                          RE: wow, all that for little old me? (regarding the Shamu thread), Teametx, Jun-07-07 11:40 AM, #7
                               RE: wow, all that for little old me? (regarding the Shamu thread), djtrickee, Jun-07-07 11:50 AM, #8
                                    RE: wow, all that for little old me? (regarding the Shamu thread), Graph-X, Jun-30-07 09:14 AM, #9
                                         RE: wow, all that for little old me? (regarding the Shamu thread), Malenko, Jul-03-07 09:23 AM, #10
                                         RE: wow, all that for little old me? (regarding the Shamu thread), TeamDR1665, Jul-03-07 09:49 AM, #11
                                              RE: wow, all that for little old me? (regarding the Shamu thread), Hedge, Jul-04-07 03:39 PM, #12

ModeratorEvuLFleAJun-06-07 04:12 AM
Old School 2GNTer
9791 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#24886, "RE: wow, all that for little old me? (regarding the Shamu thread)"
In response to Reply # 0

That was an old old thread. I think Driggs resurrected it just so people would be able to see the history of Shamu.

I think it's cool and wish you luck.

------------------------------------------------
98 ESi
95 GS

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

turbo8uJun-06-07 06:01 AM
Member since Jun 15th 2003
10552 posts,
#24888, "RE: wow, all that for little old me? (regarding the Shamu thread)"
In response to Reply # 1

you should do a b52 swap

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

96 Black ESi
91 Red TSI AWD (RIP)
02 WRX

"turnin wrenches for nine hours in the pouring rain, just to get the beast up and running again"

Aerospace Certified TIG welder for Precision Castparts in Portland, OR.

JoshSpair.com

vegasdsmrJun-06-07 06:50 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4713 posts,
#24889, "RE: wow, all that for little old me? (regarding the Shamu thread)"
In response to Reply # 2

lol.. shamu has mad history....

good luck w/the build

03 srt-4 13.130@112.47mph (n2o, stock turbo, 10/2003)
now: 20g, portfueler, bpu+++ (track/dyno times tbd...)

i farted on your wiki

ModeratormicyekJun-06-07 08:15 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5070 posts,
#24893, "RE: wow, all that for little old me? (regarding the Shamu thread)"
In response to Reply # 3

http://home.planet.nl/~sante100/images/QuitComplainingAboutYourJ_6.jp g

very possibly NSFW

getty up

-kent-

'98 Talon...gone, but not forgotten

ezJun-06-07 05:07 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3461 posts,
#24908, "RE: wow, all that for little old me? (regarding the Shamu thread)"
In response to Reply # 4

oh man the things I have gotten exposed to on 2gnt.

2gnt: '99 RS-T, killed by a toyota, pending rebuild...
Daily: Volt
Daily #2: '99 EVG ebike- STOLEN by PEDRO

hazardeclipseJun-07-07 04:30 AM
Member since Oct 09th 2003
640 posts,
#24913, "RE: wow, all that for little old me? (regarding the Shamu thread)"
In response to Reply # 5

ill see if i can make it out for the meet, graph. i might have moved by then tho... we'll see.

RIP- Rustbucket 1995-2009

‹hazardeclipse› by the way youre thinking of hazard_eclipse
‹hazardeclipse› thats not my fucking car
‹teklein› Oh yeah
‹hazardeclipse› he stole my name
‹hazardeclipse› fuck that radioactive yellow shit
‹teklein› Hazard_eclipse is the homo.

TeametxJun-07-07 11:40 AM
Donating 2GNT member
9740 posts,
#24924, "RE: wow, all that for little old me? (regarding the Shamu thread)"
In response to Reply # 6

LOCKED.

djtrickeeJun-07-07 11:50 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#24926, "RE: wow, all that for little old me? (regarding the Shamu thread)"
In response to Reply # 7

UNLOCKED. hehe.

.........................................................................................................................

Built. That's All...
.........................................................................................................................
www.monkeybuttpirate.com
2 Fingers of Scotch with a milk back... Stat!

Graph-XJun-30-07 09:14 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2607 posts,
#25635, "RE: wow, all that for little old me? (regarding the Shamu thread)"
In response to Reply # 8
Jun-30-07 09:17 AM by Graph-X

Well, I finally finished digging through the wiring under the dash. I also got the damn door panels off and took a look underneath. What a fucking mess. I think I'm gonna swap one of my doors over and keep it all manual windows and doors. That means that I soon will be on the lookout for another door to trade or buy. Less shit that can go wrong right? I also moved the feed line for the fuel from the drivers side to the passenger side and got the fuel tank open. Peeling back dynamat is not a fun or easy task. Pics to follow shortly of my progress. I should be able to put the dash back in sometime next week and then maybe get the block in the week after. I feel that now that the wiring is done it's going to be all downhill from here.

Hmmm.... Maybe I should start putting all this in the wiki.

MalenkoJul-03-07 09:23 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3534 posts,
#25681, "RE: wow, all that for little old me? (regarding the Shamu thread)"
In response to Reply # 9

I thought making this was pretty damn positive!

TeamDR1665Jul-03-07 09:49 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#25685, "RE: wow, all that for little old me? (regarding the Shamu thread)"
In response to Reply # 9

Originally posted by Graph-X
Hmmm.... Maybe I should start putting all this in the wiki.

You can even upload your pics as you go. You can have the first ever on-going project log in the wiki. That would be cool.

HedgeJul-04-07 03:39 PM
Donating 2GNT member
182 posts,
#25720, "RE: wow, all that for little old me? (regarding the Shamu thread)"
In response to Reply # 11

I really wouldn't mind seeing some pictures.

Thank you mobil one for rust proofing my driveway.

Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #24881 Previous topic | Next topic