Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #1383
View in linear mode

Subject: "Well, the car is ALMOST sold, and you'll never guess where its going..." Previous topic | Next topic
tim97rsJan-19-06 06:06 AM
Donating 2GNT member
4255 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1383, "Well, the car is ALMOST sold, and you'll never guess where its going..."

Im still not sure if this is legit, but i do have a $1000 down payment from the buyer in my paypal account already and he bid MANY times in 2 of the 3 times it was on ebay.

SO...the one interesting part is that this gentleman is from ICELAND!!
This should be interesting... more updates as they come.

(i hope ths isn't a "to good to be true" thing)

USED TO HAVE...Everything you wish you had, and then some...

You are somebody special Tim, you matter! - from the admins (but nobody likes you, because your username is just like that other guy's, and you whine a lot)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Well, the car is ALMOST sold, and you'll never guess where its going..., BlackMagic, Jan-19-06 06:07 AM, #1
RE: Well, the car is ALMOST sold, and you'll never guess where its going..., Blizare, Jan-19-06 06:08 AM, #2
RE: Well, the car is ALMOST sold, and you'll never guess where its going..., tim97rs, Jan-19-06 06:26 AM, #3
      RE: Well, the car is ALMOST sold, and you'll never guess where its going..., injendsm, Jan-19-06 07:05 AM, #4
           RE: Well, the car is ALMOST sold, and you'll never guess where its going..., ModeratorEvuLFleA, Jan-19-06 07:51 AM, #5
                RE: Well, the car is ALMOST sold, and you'll never guess where its going..., Diceman19, Jan-19-06 08:24 AM, #6
                     RE: Well, the car is ALMOST sold, and you'll never guess where its going..., thedawg, Jan-19-06 09:46 AM, #7
                     RE: Well, the car is ALMOST sold, and you'll never guess where its going..., Blizare, Jan-19-06 10:11 AM, #8
                     RE: Well, the car is ALMOST sold, and you'll never guess where its going..., ModeratorEvuLFleA, Jan-19-06 10:36 AM, #9
                          RE: Well, the car is ALMOST sold, and you'll never guess where its going..., tim97rs, Jan-19-06 01:33 PM, #10
                               RE: Well, the car is ALMOST sold, and you'll never guess where its going..., Diceman19, Jan-19-06 03:55 PM, #11
                               RE: Well, the car is ALMOST sold, and you'll never guess where its going..., Blizare, Jan-19-06 05:57 PM, #12
                                    RE: Well, the car is ALMOST sold, and you'll never guess where its going..., cougar694u, Jan-20-06 04:02 AM, #13

BlackMagicJan-19-06 06:07 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1243 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1385, "RE: Well, the car is ALMOST sold, and you'll never guess where its going..."
In response to Reply # 0

at least you've already got a 1000 dollars

http://www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=1133
*form follows function*

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

BlizareJan-19-06 06:08 AM
Donating 2GNT member
7595 posts,
#1386, "RE: Well, the car is ALMOST sold, and you'll never guess where its going..."
In response to Reply # 0

well have you had a $1000 Downpayment in your paypal yet or what??

I mean, I don't think he'll flake off if he gave you 1K already

I eat emo kids for breakfast

1995 Eagle Talon (SOLD)
72' SuperBeetle
72' Standard Beetle
56' Deluxe Beetle

tim97rsJan-19-06 06:26 AM
Donating 2GNT member
4255 posts,
#1393, "RE: Well, the car is ALMOST sold, and you'll never guess where its going..."
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by Blizare
well have you had a $1000 Downpayment in your paypal yet or what?? I mean, I don't think he'll flake off if he gave you 1K already

Originally posted by tim97rs
but i do have a $1000 down payment from the buyer in my paypal account already

You are somebody special Tim, you matter! - from the admins (but nobody likes you, because your username is just like that other guy's, and you whine a lot)

injendsmJan-19-06 07:05 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6844 posts,
#1399, "RE: Well, the car is ALMOST sold, and you'll never guess where its going..."
In response to Reply # 3

good luck with the sale tim.

www.gregsorrells.com

http://ubanimator.com>

ModeratorEvuLFleAJan-19-06 07:51 AM
Old School 2GNTer
9791 posts,
#1406, "RE: Well, the car is ALMOST sold, and you'll never guess where its going..."
In response to Reply # 4

Common scam.

------------------------------------------------
98 ESi
95 GS

Diceman19Jan-19-06 08:24 AM
Donating 2GNT member
4629 posts,
#1412, "RE: Well, the car is ALMOST sold, and you'll never guess where its going..."
In response to Reply # 5

just dont ship anything for at least a month to wait for all funds to clear. is he in a hurry to have you ship?

thedawgJan-19-06 09:46 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6287 posts,
#1425, "RE: Well, the car is ALMOST sold, and you'll never guess where its going..."
In response to Reply # 6

Yeah you have $1000... until the fake/duplicate payment gets discovered, and the money disappears from your account.

So I'm guessing... Nigeria?

BlizareJan-19-06 10:11 AM
Donating 2GNT member
7595 posts,
#1427, "RE: Well, the car is ALMOST sold, and you'll never guess where its going..."
In response to Reply # 7

SHIT, I'D WITHDRAW THE MONEY :p

1995 Eagle Talon (SOLD)
72' SuperBeetle
72' Standard Beetle
56' Deluxe Beetle

ModeratorEvuLFleAJan-19-06 10:36 AM
Old School 2GNTer
9791 posts,
#1428, "RE: Well, the car is ALMOST sold, and you'll never guess where its going..."
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by Diceman19
just dont ship anything for at least a month to wait for all funds to clear. is he in a hurry to have you ship?

Out of country money orders can take well over a month to clear. I've heard of 100+ day MO's bouncing from people on the eBay powerseller forums.

Bad thing is, there really is no "clear". When stuff clears it's just processed from the issuing bank and you never know about it. The only time you know something didn't clear is when it bounces. If you call your bank to see if something cleared they will basically just tell you to wait 10-20 days and if it didn't bounce that you can "assume" it cleared (which is BS).

------------------------------------------------
98 ESi
95 GS

tim97rsJan-19-06 01:33 PM
Donating 2GNT member
4255 posts,
#1444, "RE: Well, the car is ALMOST sold, and you'll never guess where its going..."
In response to Reply # 9

well, i called paypal and they "confirmed" the money IS legit and able to be transfered into my account. im transfering the money now! the guy is a "verified non-US resident" for what thats worth.

I hate being overly paranoid. guess its a side effect of my past internet commerce experiences, huh...

Diceman19Jan-19-06 03:55 PM
Donating 2GNT member
4629 posts,
#1451, "RE: Well, the car is ALMOST sold, and you'll never guess where its going..."
In response to Reply # 10

well, i called paypal and they "confirmed" the money IS legit and able to be transfered into my account. im transfering the money now! the guy is a "verified non-US resident" for what thats worth. I hate being overly paranoid. guess its a side effect of my past internet commerce experiences, huh...

and that is exactly why you shouldnt get lax. keep us posted.

BlizareJan-19-06 05:57 PM
Donating 2GNT member
7595 posts,
#1463, "RE: Well, the car is ALMOST sold, and you'll never guess where its going..."
In response to Reply # 10

guess its a side effect of my past internet commerce experiences, huh...

What?? You;ve been ripped off over the internet!!??

Sorry

1995 Eagle Talon (SOLD)
72' SuperBeetle
72' Standard Beetle
56' Deluxe Beetle

cougar694uJan-20-06 04:02 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3381 posts,
#1477, "RE: Well, the car is ALMOST sold, and you'll never guess where its going..."
In response to Reply # 12

I sold a truck to a guy in France before, but I wouldn't allow money orders. I had him wire it directly to one of my bank accounts. That way if it was a scam, I don't use that bank account for anything and there's no money in it.

~Luke
Facebook
1969 Cougar - 11.91 - 380HP
2007 GSXR 750
1999 OZ - SOLD - 15.26 NA - 14.71 on 75 shot

Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #1383 Previous topic | Next topic