Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #12093
View in linear mode

Subject: "Color suggestions for my Mustang." Previous topic | Next topic
CustomGSJul-10-06 11:00 AM
Member since Jul 15th 2004
668 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12093, "Color suggestions for my Mustang."

Just looking for some opinions on paint for my 64.5. I'm not looking to go original. The one i am thinking about so far is 05 Mazda Blazing copper metallic. Any suggestions? TIA

Chris
---------------------------------------

98 Eclipse GS 5 spd- sold
95 Camaro Z28
64.5 Mustang 302 3spd

Originally posted by DR1665
Sometimes, you don't need to pull away to win. You just need to show them they have nowhere to run.

Originally posted by Nine5eclipse03
No, but one time i tried to pee over a car, and pooped my pants.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Color suggestions for my Mustang., Nine5eclipse03, Jul-10-06 12:36 PM, #1
RE: Color suggestions for my Mustang., youkickedmydog, Jul-10-06 12:53 PM, #2
      RE: Color suggestions for my Mustang., Keith2172, Jul-10-06 01:35 PM, #3
           RE: Color suggestions for my Mustang., totaleklipse97, Jul-10-06 03:37 PM, #4
                RE: Color suggestions for my Mustang., CarbonFiberRST, Jul-10-06 07:59 PM, #5
                     RE: Color suggestions for my Mustang., SpreadEagle, Jul-10-06 09:46 PM, #6
                     RE: Color suggestions for my Mustang., cougar694u, Jul-11-06 02:47 AM, #7
                          RE: Color suggestions for my Mustang., CustomGS, Jul-11-06 04:15 AM, #8
                               RE: Color suggestions for my Mustang., Keith2172, Jul-11-06 05:45 AM, #9
                                    RE: Color suggestions for my Mustang., Blizare, Jul-11-06 06:35 AM, #10
                                         RE: Color suggestions for my Mustang., mike_d, Jul-11-06 06:42 AM, #11
                                              RE: Color suggestions for my Mustang., burntheblobs, Jul-11-06 03:24 PM, #12
                                                   RE: Color suggestions for my Mustang., eclipse_99rs, Jul-11-06 03:39 PM, #13
                                                        RE: Color suggestions for my Mustang., HipHop615, Jul-11-06 08:31 PM, #14
                                                             RE: Color suggestions for my Mustang., Blizare, Jul-12-06 06:48 AM, #15
                                                                  RE: Color suggestions for my Mustang., CustomGS, Jul-12-06 12:21 PM, #16
                                                                       RE: Color suggestions for my Mustang., dsmmyth, Jul-13-06 06:30 AM, #17
                                                                            RE: Color suggestions for my Mustang., Blizare, Jul-13-06 07:28 AM, #18
                                                                                 RE: Color suggestions for my Mustang., TeamDR1665, Jul-13-06 08:34 AM, #19
                                                                                      RE: Color suggestions for my Mustang., BDTalon, Jul-13-06 09:35 AM, #20
                                                                                      RE: Color suggestions for my Mustang., CustomGS, Jul-13-06 11:22 AM, #21

Nine5eclipse03Jul-10-06 12:36 PM
Member since Oct 11th 2004
335 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12100, "RE: Color suggestions for my Mustang."
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by CustomGS
Just looking for some opinions on paint for my 64.5. I'm not looking to go original. The one i am thinking about so far is 05 Mazda Blazing copper metallic. Any suggestions? TIA

Same color as your eclipse = the sEx

Don't sell your car to 16 year olds...

95 Eclipse RS - Sold for 6k, totalled three days later
91 Dodge Stealth R/T TT - 3" exhaust w/ no cats, eurethane motor mounts, 300M unbreakable output shaft, kevlar faced clutch, turbo XS BOV, 99 3000gt front conversion, carbon fiber hood. Dyno'd at 386hp. - SOLD! for 5k
98 Dodge Ram 1500 Club Cab 4x4 black on black.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

youkickedmydogJul-10-06 12:53 PM
Member since Aug 16th 2004
290 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12102, "RE: Color suggestions for my Mustang."
In response to Reply # 1
Jul-10-06 12:55 PM by youkickedmydog

white with gold flakes, or laguna seca blue

Originally posted by oRACLe063
that not just any aluminum foil son !!! that reynolds wrap..lol its like the greddy of the aluminum foil world

Keith2172Jul-10-06 01:35 PM
Member since Jan 16th 2004
1281 posts,
#12108, "RE: Color suggestions for my Mustang."
In response to Reply # 2

Champagne of some sort. '64 1/2 is kinda a relaxed car, if it were '68 or later I'd say Gunmetal Grey in a heartbeat.

Representing the Central Cali chapter of 2GNT!
(I think I'm the only member )

totaleklipse97Jul-10-06 03:37 PM
Member since May 14th 2003
3589 posts,
#12115, "RE: Color suggestions for my Mustang."
In response to Reply # 3

Durango Orange aka "copper" lol.. i just like the color.

-----------------------------------

My DSM registry.......Powered By Exile Racing
VW= The joy of driving
DSM= The frustration of fixing

The wonders of 2gnt chat:

‹totaleklipse97› so what benefits do i get from being ur e-boyfriend
‹Jen› uh... the honor?
‹totaleklipse97› somehow i guess i got that title now
‹Jen› somehow.....

CarbonFiberRSTJul-10-06 07:59 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1368 posts,
#12122, "RE: Color suggestions for my Mustang."
In response to Reply # 4

I like Dark green, like almost black, but green.

Evo 8 - 12.3@113 circa 2009 (~330whp)
Now with BB Xona Rotor HTZ FP Red and ~450whp
2018 MSM Civic SI Ktuner TSP stage 1 w/ Honda hacked headunit.

SpreadEagleJul-10-06 09:46 PM
Member since May 29th 2003
459 posts,
#12124, "RE: Color suggestions for my Mustang."
In response to Reply # 5

I've been digging 350Z interlagos fire lately, but I'm not sure how it would suit the Mustang, maybe something like a Viper blue.

cougar694uJul-11-06 02:47 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3381 posts,
#12125, "RE: Color suggestions for my Mustang."
In response to Reply # 5
Jul-11-06 02:48 AM by cougar694u

Originally posted by CarbonFiberRST
I like Dark green, like almost black, but green.

+1

If you had a 66 fastback in that color, that'd be the shit.

**EDIT**
I'm partial to Chrome Yellow, though.

~Luke
Facebook
1969 Cougar - 11.91 - 380HP
2007 GSXR 750
1999 OZ - SOLD - 15.26 NA - 14.71 on 75 shot

CustomGSJul-11-06 04:15 AM
668 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12131, "RE: Color suggestions for my Mustang."
In response to Reply # 7

Thanks guys. My Eclipse color is one possibility. A really nice blue like the Sonic Blue that came on the 00 mustang. Or something in the copper family, like the 350z copper. I'll pick the wheels after the paint.

Chris

95 Camaro Z28
64.5 Mustang 302 3spd

Sometimes, you don't need to pull away to win. You just need to show them they have nowhere to run.

Keith2172Jul-11-06 05:45 AM
Member since Jan 16th 2004
1281 posts,
#12132, "RE: Color suggestions for my Mustang."
In response to Reply # 8

I was initially gonna say the Forrest Green, but it doesn't suit a '64 1/2 IMO. Remeber that it's a muscle car, so pin-stripes and such are fair game

Representing the Central Cali chapter of 2GNT!
(I think I'm the only member )

BlizareJul-11-06 06:35 AM
Donating 2GNT member
7595 posts,
#12143, "RE: Color suggestions for my Mustang."
In response to Reply # 9

red.

I eat emo kids for breakfast

1995 Eagle Talon (SOLD)
72' SuperBeetle
72' Standard Beetle
56' Deluxe Beetle

mike_dJul-11-06 06:42 AM
Old School 2GNTer
718 posts,
#12145, "RE: Color suggestions for my Mustang."
In response to Reply # 10

red or black

95 Talon ESi-T

burntheblobsJul-11-06 03:24 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1445 posts,
#12171, "RE: Color suggestions for my Mustang."
In response to Reply # 11

black black black

1991 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX - SOLD
2006 Mustang GT Convertible

eclipse_99rsJul-11-06 03:39 PM
Member since Apr 11th 2002
2659 posts,
#12172, "RE: Color suggestions for my Mustang."
In response to Reply # 12

Go with a nice deep silver and some flat black racing stripes.

myspace.com/coastiecobb

HipHop615Jul-11-06 08:31 PM
Member since Sep 14th 2003
2333 posts,
#12179, "RE: Color suggestions for my Mustang."
In response to Reply # 13

I have Sonic Blue...its alright, I do and dont like it

Turbo8u - "I've never heard so many BOV's in my life at once..." (At So. Cali Meet-Up Sep. 25th)

Me - "I don't think I lost the love for my car, I think the cops took it..."

BlizareJul-12-06 06:48 AM
Donating 2GNT member
7595 posts,
#12193, "RE: Color suggestions for my Mustang."
In response to Reply # 14
Jul-12-06 06:48 AM by Blizare

or yellow

check out this build

http://www.lateral-g.net/members/julian/

1995 Eagle Talon (SOLD)
72' SuperBeetle
72' Standard Beetle
56' Deluxe Beetle

CustomGSJul-12-06 12:21 PM
668 posts,
#12210, "RE: Color suggestions for my Mustang."
In response to Reply # 15

Originally posted by Blizare
or yellow check out this build http://www.lateral-g.net/members/julian/

Thats sweet. I am going "restomod" with it. Im shooting for the classic looks with the feel of a newer cobra. That means tons of suspension work, steering, EFI, FI. I need a stand out color that you dont see to often, like a bright, bright copper. Ever since someone mentioned it on here, i have really been thinking my eclipse color would look real good.

Chris

95 Camaro Z28
64.5 Mustang 302 3spd

dsmmythJul-13-06 06:30 AM
Member since Aug 24th 2004
1178 posts,
#12221, "RE: Color suggestions for my Mustang."
In response to Reply # 16

Dookie Brown.

Seriously though, a nice deep red with metallic flakes would look nice.

1998 Eclipse GS

GS-T Axleback|CAI|OBX 4-1 Header|AF/X UDP|

Originally posted by Kaoz78
Did you happen to look at the post date of this topic? I didn't think so there Jesus. Way to raise Lazarus, buddy.

BlizareJul-13-06 07:28 AM
Donating 2GNT member
7595 posts,
#12223, "RE: Color suggestions for my Mustang."
In response to Reply # 17

Originally posted by dsmmyth
Dookie Brown. ... Seriously though, a nice deep red with metallic flakes would look nice.

flakes are for show cars that never get driven imo.

Or they're just tacky

1995 Eagle Talon (SOLD)
72' SuperBeetle
72' Standard Beetle
56' Deluxe Beetle

TeamDR1665Jul-13-06 08:34 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#12225, "RE: Color suggestions for my Mustang."
In response to Reply # 18

Until you have a mildly modified 302 breathing through twin GT28s and Flowmasters, a capable suspension system, beefy brakes, and fat rollers with quality rubber that can keep it all stuck to the road, there is only one color for that car - flat black.

And before any of you scoff at the thought of turbocharging a 5.0, let me just say it's an almost unearthly sound when it comes into boost. Perhaps one of the sickest cars I have ever seen. We're talking sub-ten second ET, 700whp range. Shit. Go with a pair of 20Gs. Be different.

Think about it, you take the exterior flat black on the cheap for now, so that it looks all sinister and evil. Source your parts and then, when it's all ready to be installed, you strip the car down and give it a high gloss black paint job, maybe with twin stripes in any of the colors you've already mentioned - the slate blue/grey on the Eclipse, the 350 blue, the Mazda orange, even the deep, metalflake red - against the high gloss black, just about any color you choose will pop. Tie that super expensive color to accesories in the engine bay and cabin. This will give you a menacing, evil, black car for the CBCC, but all the tasteful splashes of color here and there will all tie in beautifully and really stand out. People will love the color, but the car won't be some wild-ass carnie ride. Oh yeah, and it will induce temporary blindness at WOT resulting in panties being dropped on command.

Just my two cents...

BDTalonJul-13-06 09:35 AM
Member since Jun 08th 2005
153 posts,
#12226, "RE: Color suggestions for my Mustang."
In response to Reply # 19

PINK!.....

BMW Blue (ocean mist blue?)

Originally posted by 420a-Tnthewerks
AAHHHHHH it's the Bomex table top and bench deluxe! Get the holy wrench we need to purify..

CustomGSJul-13-06 11:22 AM
668 posts,
#12230, "RE: Color suggestions for my Mustang."
In response to Reply # 19

Until you have a mildly modified 302 breathing through twin GT28s and Flowmasters, a capable suspension system, beefy brakes, and fat rollers with quality rubber that can keep it all stuck to the road, there is only one color for that car - flat black. And before any of you scoff at the thought of turbocharging a 5.0, let me just say it's an almost unearthly sound when it comes into boost. Perhaps one of the sickest cars I have ever seen. We're talking sub-ten second ET, 700whp range. Shit. Go with a pair of 20Gs. Be different. Think about it, you take the exterior flat black on the cheap for now, so that it looks all sinister and evil. Source your parts and then, when it's all ready to be installed, you strip the car down and give it a high gloss black paint job, maybe with twin stripes in any of the colors you've already mentioned - the slate blue/grey on the Eclipse, the 350 blue, the Mazda orange, even the deep, metalflake red - against the high gloss black, just about any color you choose will pop. Tie that super expensive color to accesories in the engine bay and cabin. This will give you a menacing, evil, black car for the CBCC, but all the tasteful splashes of color here and there will all tie in beautifully and really stand out. People will love the color, but the car won't be some wild-ass carnie ride. Oh yeah, and it will induce temporary blindness at WOT resulting in panties being dropped on command. Just my two cents...

Love it! I know what you mean with the turbo 5.0. When i said FI that is what i had in mind. I think i will just put mean rims and exhaust on it first. Then change the stance to a little more aggressive one. Then dump loads of cash into the engine bay and electronics. Paint being the last thing. Thanks for the wake up call brian, where were you when i started my eclipse. Black with copper stripes sounds good.

Originally posted by BDTalon
PINK!..... BMW Blue (ocean mist blue?)

Thats what my girlfriend said. But then again she looks like a hotter version of Barbie so thats to be expected. lol (j/k babe)

Chris

95 Camaro Z28
64.5 Mustang 302 3spd

Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #12093 Previous topic | Next topic