Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 6 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #1107
View in linear mode

Subject: "Talon going into storage soon" Previous topic | Next topic
95_ESi_PersonJan-14-06 10:32 AM
Member since Sep 16th 2002
3260 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1107, "Talon going into storage soon"
Jan-14-06 10:34 AM by 95_ESi_Person

Well, very possibly.

My parents might be moving to India due to a promotion/job transfer (Company name will not be given out). And they would have to leave their vehicles here in the US.

One of my sisters will be getting my father's 2001 Jetta GLX VR6, and I will be recieving my mom's 2002 Trailblazer. My other sister will get the car that my parents bought for her because she refused to drive the Buick ('04 Neon).

Jetta and Trailblazer are fully loaded, but both have 100k+ on them.

Which means I will have to drop the Talon off of my insurance and not be able to drive it. This will be extremely hard for me because I've had this car for so long, and it's been in the family it's whole life.

While it's in storage I might do some repairs, you know "fix it up" a bit.

This will be really hard for me, not only because my parents are moving halfway around the world, but because I will have to temporarily part ways with my car. No, I'm not a kid, I'm an adult who is on his own and getting ready to get married (yes, handed my balls over), but I'm sure anybody would have a problem/slight difficulty with this.

I am very happy for my father for getting this position (and it will only last 2-3 years).

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Talon going into storage soon, Diceman19, Jan-14-06 03:18 PM, #1
RE: Talon going into storage soon, 95_ESi_Person, Jan-14-06 04:38 PM, #2
      RE: Talon going into storage soon, TeamDR1665, Jan-14-06 06:14 PM, #3
           RE: Talon going into storage soon, totaleclipse_05, Jan-14-06 06:48 PM, #4
                RE: Talon going into storage soon, Hult250R, Jan-14-06 07:15 PM, #5
                     RE: Talon going into storage soon, 95_ESi_Person, Jan-14-06 07:33 PM, #6

Diceman19Jan-14-06 03:18 PM
Donating 2GNT member
4629 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1115, "RE: Talon going into storage soon"
In response to Reply # 0

im not quite sure why you have to give up your car and drive your parents car, put that in storage or sell it. they wont want a 100k+ mile car back in 3 years anyway.

i know what company they work for, er, industry. IT or IS. it sickens me honestly, working in IT is hard enough due to the boomers that all went for IT/IS degrees because they were told to since it was the best thing since sliced bread. now after everyone and their brother has a degree, they start shipping jobs off and leaving us in the cold. screw that.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

95_ESi_PersonJan-14-06 04:38 PM
3260 posts,
#1119, "RE: Talon going into storage soon"
In response to Reply # 1

No, the Trailblazer will be GIVEN to me, it will be transfered to my name because they know my car is not going to last much longer.

Not in IT or IS. Although the majority of the companies in that area are going for IT and IS, this is something different.

This is good, because now I won't have to worry about breaking down on the highway.

TeamDR1665Jan-14-06 06:14 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#1123, "RE: Talon going into storage soon"
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by 95_ESi_Person
the Trailblazer will be GIVEN to me

Originally posted by 95_ESi_Person
now I won't have to worry about breaking down on the highway.

Damn, bro. I'm sorry.

You won't break down on the highway, because you won't even get out of your driveway.

Congrats on the parents' promotion.
Congrats on getting married.
Bummer about the Talon.

Two outta three ain't bad, son. (And it's not like you're having to sell her!)

totaleclipse_05Jan-14-06 06:48 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1486 posts,
#1125, "RE: Talon going into storage soon"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by DR1665
You won't break down on the highway, because you won't even get out of your driveway.

Hey now, we're talking about a GM product, not Fords here.

Mike D
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by DR1665
You're welcome to all the beer you can drink, but you have to go get it yourself. Don't get pissy when we point to the fridge and tell you to get it yourself.

Hult250RJan-14-06 07:15 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2017 posts,
#1128, "RE: Talon going into storage soon"
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by totaleclipse_05
Originally posted by DR1665 You won't break down on the highway, because you won't even get out of your driveway.
Hey now, we're talking about a GM product, not Fords here.

----------------------------------------

I used to have a 420A...

'92 TSi AWD

11.8 @ 119mph
470awhp 405 ft/lb torque
30psi on E85 w/ Borg Warner S256 Turbo

My DSM Registry: http://www.dsmregistry.com/166

95_ESi_PersonJan-14-06 07:33 PM
3260 posts,
#1129, "RE: Talon going into storage soon"
In response to Reply # 5

My parents will bring it in and have everything done that needs to be done on it.

So far that Trailblazer has been very reliable, but hey, I have another car just incase one breaks down.

Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #1107 Previous topic | Next topic