Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #47525
View in linear mode

Subject: "Malachi may be toast" Previous topic | Next topic
RoninEclipse2GOct-11-11 11:29 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#47525, "Malachi may be toast"

Got in a car accident last night. Not my fault and nobody got hurt, but my car is pretty fucked up. Probably going to be totalled by dollar value.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.2324775171210.2121685.1604552356&l=8bae2c46f3&type=1 <=== Link to pics.

Erik P.
Official 2GNT thread Hijacker
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...
All we know is, He's not The Stig... But he is The Stig's Spartan cousin!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Malachi may be toast, Moderatorxcasbonx, Oct-11-11 11:50 AM, #1
RE: Malachi may be toast, Fallen4ng31, Oct-11-11 12:25 PM, #2
RE: Malachi may be toast, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Oct-11-11 12:32 PM, #4
RE: Malachi may be toast, AdministratorCODE4, Oct-11-11 12:31 PM, #3
RE: Malachi may be toast, RoninEclipse2G, Oct-11-11 01:14 PM, #5
      RE: Malachi may be toast, Moderatorbullettdsm, Oct-11-11 02:33 PM, #6
           RE: Malachi may be toast, dalesmitsu, Oct-11-11 06:04 PM, #8
                RE: Malachi may be toast, RoninEclipse2G, Oct-12-11 04:03 PM, #9
                     RE: Malachi may be toast, Fallen4ng31, Oct-13-11 04:12 AM, #10
                          RE: Malachi may be toast, RoninEclipse2G, Oct-13-11 12:56 PM, #11
RE: Malachi may be toast, iamnotwhoiam, Oct-11-11 05:55 PM, #7
RE: Malachi may be toast, electrohead, Oct-14-11 01:12 PM, #12
      RE: Malachi may be toast, RoninEclipse2G, Oct-14-11 01:31 PM, #13
           RE: Malachi may be toast, iNoise, Oct-14-11 02:46 PM, #14
                RE: Malachi may be toast, RoninEclipse2G, Oct-14-11 02:58 PM, #15
                RE: Malachi may be toast, electrohead, Oct-14-11 02:59 PM, #16
                     RE: Malachi may be toast, RoninEclipse2G, Oct-14-11 03:06 PM, #17
                          RE: Malachi may be toast, electrohead, Oct-14-11 03:42 PM, #18
                               RE: Malachi may be toast, ModeratorVX100, Oct-16-11 08:04 AM, #19
                                    RE: Malachi may be toast, RoninEclipse2G, Oct-16-11 08:24 AM, #20
                                         RE: Malachi may be toast, RoninEclipse2G, Oct-17-11 11:25 AM, #21

ModeratorxcasbonxOct-11-11 11:50 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2874 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#47527, "RE: Malachi may be toast"
In response to Reply # 0

Ughhh man that sucks. Sorry to hear.

I contributed to the Wiki.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Fallen4ng31Oct-11-11 12:25 PM
Donating 2GNT member
370 posts,
#47528, "RE: Malachi may be toast"
In response to Reply # 0

Oh, suck. Sorry as hell to hear it, brother. Glad no one was hurt.

1998 Eclipse RS-T - Totaled 4/23/09 -
1998 Eclipse GST - Stroked 2.3l, HX40 fed: Build in progress
2010 Subaru Outback Limited

I hate hipsters.

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneOct-11-11 12:32 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#47530, "RE: Malachi may be toast"
In response to Reply # 2

Terrible

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

AdministratorCODE4Oct-11-11 12:31 PM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
#47529, "RE: Malachi may be toast"
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by RoninEclipse2G
Probably going to be totalled by dollar value.

:/ That is not much unfortunately. You did not happen to have any custom parts coverage, did you?

---

2012 2500HD LML

RoninEclipse2GOct-11-11 01:14 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#47531, "RE: Malachi may be toast"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by CODE4
Originally posted by RoninEclipse2G Probably going to be totalled by dollar value.
:/ That is not much unfortunately. You did not happen to have any custom parts coverage, did you?

Yeah, I know. No I didn't have any special coverage, and since it was the other driver's fault I get to fight their insurance company.

Erik P.
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...

ModeratorbullettdsmOct-11-11 02:33 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2676 posts,
#47532, "RE: Malachi may be toast"
In response to Reply # 5

Heard about it earlier. Too bad man. Yeah. I'm guessing they total it as well.

Captain Caveman

96 RS Turbo 11.414 @ 119.62 MSNS, Crower 2 NA cams, BW366, 10.5 comp, UDP, 60mm TB, W/A intercooler, 3.55 tranny 567.9whp 430tq
97 RS NA 13.188 @ 103.87 MSnS powered 12.5 comp, Crower 3's and 219.4whp with 175tq
98 RS DD 12.5 comp on stock ECU, LTH, Crower 2's, Koni, GC, Hypercoil, DG hats
99 OZ 5sp Stocker 15.856 @ 85.97
99 GS stocker auto 17.7@77mph!

wiki home page:http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=bullettdsm

dalesmitsuOct-11-11 06:04 PM
Member since May 13th 2006
986 posts,
#47534, "RE: Malachi may be toast"
In response to Reply # 6
Oct-11-11 06:05 PM by dalesmitsu

Originally posted by bullettdsm
Heard about it earlier. Too bad man. Yeah. I'm guessing they total it as well.

Hope you're alright.

I've read about accidents like this over at tuners. Most say finding a parts car swap and parts over. Na, he'll live again.

__
1995 gs Saved from the crusher
1998 RS gone to(Dsm Heaven)
1997 gs gone to Dsm heaven

RoninEclipse2GOct-12-11 04:03 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#47537, "RE: Malachi may be toast"
In response to Reply # 8

Looks like I'm in for a fight. The other driver has Farmers insurance.
http://www.farmersinsurancegroupsucks.com/index.htm
http://www.trustlink.org/Reviews/Farmers-Insurance-Group-Inc-205878485
http://www.jdpower.com/autos/ratings/auto-insurance-provider-ratings/

Ugh, I really don't want to have to pull the lawyer card.

Erik P.

Fallen4ng31Oct-13-11 04:12 AM
Donating 2GNT member
370 posts,
#47541, "RE: Malachi may be toast"
In response to Reply # 9
Oct-13-11 04:14 AM by Fallen4ng31

All insurance companies suck. Remember, they're in the business of collecting premiums, not paying claims.

Find as many examples of cars in similar conditions to yours locally. Log all of the highest asking prices, and save the ads; That way you've got a little ammo, should they try to offer you a paltry sum.

1998 Eclipse RS-T - Totaled 4/23/09 -
1998 Eclipse GST - Stroked 2.3l, HX40 fed: Build in progress
2010 Subaru Outback Limited

I hate hipsters.

RoninEclipse2GOct-13-11 12:56 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#47543, "RE: Malachi may be toast"
In response to Reply # 10

Originally posted by Fallen4ng31
All insurance companies suck. Remember, they're in the business of collecting premiums, not paying claims. Find as many examples of cars in similar conditions to yours locally. Log all of the highest asking prices, and save the ads; That way you've got a little ammo, should they try to offer you a paltry sum.

Way ahead of you on that one, Paul. Bluebook and local asking prices are way off from each other lately because bluebook hasn't caught on to the upswing in the used market. I have a stack of craigslist and other ads showing cars in similar operating conditions to Malachi averaging between $2500-3000.

I'd prefer to see the car fixed if possible, but if I can get a $2000 settlement and keep my car so that I can swap the good parts into another one I'll be ok with that.

Erik P.

iamnotwhoiamOct-11-11 05:55 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2361 posts,
#47533, "RE: Malachi may be toast"
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by RoninEclipse2G
Got in a car accident last night. Not my fault and nobody got hurt, but my car is pretty fucked up. Probably going to be totalled by dollar value. http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.2324775171210.2121685.1604552356&l=8bae2c46f3&type=1 <=== Link to pics.

Yuck... Glad everyone is safe.

Dib's on the rims

-Jason

97 Talon ESi-T (forever in progress...)

95 GS (Gone)
16.74@83.18mph
119.8 whp - 113.3 lbs/ft

2GNT #677
My Wiki Page: www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=Iamnotwhoiam
Pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/iamnotwhoiam/Talon/

electroheadOct-14-11 01:12 PM
Member since Dec 13th 2009
182 posts,
#47545, "RE: Malachi may be toast"
In response to Reply # 7

Man, that sucks. It looks like you got hit exactly where I did six years ago, just mine was a lot worse. That damage doesn't look too bad. The biggest thing is to change out the suspension crossmember ( Just look at the suspension related questions I posted). From the looks of the damage, you may not have gotten hit hard enough to bend the frame.

RoninEclipse2GOct-14-11 01:31 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#47546, "RE: Malachi may be toast"
In response to Reply # 12

Yeah, I'm really hoping it might be repairable. the hatch and taillamps don't line up anymore, so that's scaring me. I do have a full spare rear suspension on my parts car, so that's in my favor.

My mom is telling me that the last time she dealt with Farmers insurance she had to get a lawyer, but when she did they got her a MUCH better settlement than what Farmers was offering. I don't like lawyering up, but if I have to, I will.

Erik P.

iNoiseOct-14-11 02:46 PM
Member since Dec 17th 2009
47 posts,
#47547, "RE: Malachi may be toast"
In response to Reply # 13

Glad to hear no one was hurt. That really sucks, hope all turns out well with that insurance company problem.

I will be glad, though, to take those nice rims off your hands if you plan on parting it out

RoninEclipse2GOct-14-11 02:58 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#47548, "RE: Malachi may be toast"
In response to Reply # 14

The only place the rims are going is to the refurbishing place to repair the damage and repowdercoat them. Then they're either going back on Malachi or whatever 2G I get to replace him.

Erik P.

electroheadOct-14-11 02:59 PM
182 posts,
#47549, "RE: Malachi may be toast"
In response to Reply # 14

The reason they don't line up is where you got hit. The rear quarter buckles like that when in an impact. If I had pics of my damage, you'd swear my car would be totaled. The rear tire was in at 45 degrees and my rear quarter looked like someone took a bite into it. The whole area that meets up with the side of the rear bumper was folded in and mangled ( where the taillights end). And the gap between the rear quarter panel and hatch was at least 1/2 inch. I freaked when I saw the damage. At the end of it all, my rim was fine, too. Go figure.

RoninEclipse2GOct-14-11 03:06 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#47550, "RE: Malachi may be toast"
In response to Reply # 16

Originally posted by electrohead
The reason they don't line up is where you got hit. The rear quarter buckles like that when in an impact. If I had pics of my damage, you'd swear my car would be totaled. The rear tire was in at 45 degrees and my rear quarter looked like someone took a bite into it. The whole area that meets up with the side of the rear bumper was folded in and mangled ( where the taillights end). And the gap between the rear quarter panel and hatch was at least 1/2 inch. I freaked when I saw the damage. At the end of it all, my rim was fine, too. Go figure.

That's actually really good to hear. Do you remember what the final total was?

Erik P.

electroheadOct-14-11 03:42 PM
182 posts,
#47551, "RE: Malachi may be toast"
In response to Reply # 17

I believe it was about $3000 for it all, but the adjuster was cool and put in all the options our cars come with in the final value even though my car has nothing. But my damage was two times worse, so the estimate they give you will be much lower. I needed a new bumper, taillight, wiring for my lights, and they had to re-seal the rear window, so new weather stripping, too. And that was on top of all the repairs to the body and some suspension components.

ModeratorVX100Oct-16-11 08:04 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2831 posts,
#47553, "RE: Malachi may be toast"
In response to Reply # 18

Just a thought, would it make sense not to put in a claim and part the car out instead?

"Tutto fa brodo."

Todd Scungio
98 RS
15.173 @ 90.70 MPH

And also a 2011 Ralliart

RoninEclipse2GOct-16-11 08:24 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#47554, "RE: Malachi may be toast"
In response to Reply # 19

Claim was filed Monday night right after the accident. I'm not letting someone else get away with smashing my car.

Also, I'm keeping the car one way or another. Malachi is the first car I ever bought when I was 18. That was 13 years ago this month. My wife and I dated in that car, I lost my virginity in that car. I'm not letting him go.

Erik P.

RoninEclipse2GOct-17-11 11:25 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#47558, "RE: Malachi may be toast"
In response to Reply # 20

Estimator showed up early this morning. Didn't give an answer about anything other than he got the information from the car and was submitting the paperwork to corporate. I might know something by Wednesday.

I was supposed to be working on the car this week, not waiting for some damn insurance company. I actually took 3 days off to get some minor issues fixed, and start prepping the car for paint.

Thanks for wasting my vacation assholes.

Erik P.

Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #47525 Previous topic | Next topic