Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #47281
View in linear mode

Subject: "ROTM Suspended" Previous topic | Next topic
ModeratortekleinAug-28-11 01:36 PM
Member since Nov 04th 2007
1699 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#47281, "ROTM Suspended"

Hey,

Interest for ROTM has gone down drastically - as in the last two months we have had ZERO entries.

In the meantime I put a pic of Mandy on the front page (and no, not because its mine - read above it and it should tell why I picked that picture) with a message that all of you should read, consider, plan, then do.

For now the staff and I will be brainstorming for ideas to take ROTM's place.

Not sure what it will be yet.

Thanks for those that did participate and made ROTM a pretty decent success for a few years.

Laters!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: ROTM Suspended, ez, Aug-28-11 01:55 PM, #1
RE: ROTM Suspended, Moderatorteklein, Aug-28-11 01:57 PM, #2
RE: ROTM Suspended, jdm1990, Aug-28-11 02:15 PM, #3
      RE: ROTM Suspended, grain, Aug-28-11 06:46 PM, #4
RE: ROTM Suspended, dalesmitsu, Aug-28-11 11:02 PM, #5
      RE: ROTM Suspended, TheRedBarren, Aug-29-11 07:00 PM, #6
      RE: ROTM Suspended, dalesmitsu, Aug-30-11 10:08 PM, #7
           RE: ROTM Suspended, electrohead, Aug-30-11 10:18 PM, #8
                RE: ROTM Suspended, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Aug-31-11 10:40 PM, #9
                     RE: ROTM Suspended, ez, Aug-31-11 11:26 PM, #10
                          RE: ROTM Suspended, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Aug-31-11 11:45 PM, #11
                               RE: ROTM Suspended, Moderatorteklein, Sep-01-11 05:14 AM, #12
                                    RE: ROTM Suspended, Fallen4ng31, Sep-01-11 05:44 AM, #13
                                         RE: ROTM Suspended, electrohead, Sep-01-11 06:00 AM, #14

ezAug-28-11 01:55 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3461 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#47282, "RE: ROTM Suspended"
In response to Reply # 0

Instead of "Ride of the Month", I suggest "Modification of the Month".

When you look at the entire user base here, I'm sure there are hundreds of projects going on every month. Whether it's changing the color of the gauges, wheels, suspension, powdercoating a new part, made artwork of a 2g, etc.

People can post pics of whatever mod they've done recently. It can be functional or purely aesthetic. Along with the pic, a short (one sentence) reason why they did the mod. No modification is too small.

2gnt: '99 RS-T, killed by a toyota, pending rebuild...
Daily: Volt
Daily #2: '99 EVG ebike- STOLEN by PEDRO

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ModeratortekleinAug-28-11 01:57 PM
1699 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#47283, "RE: ROTM Suspended"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by ez
Instead of "Ride of the Month", I suggest "Modification of the Month". When you look at the entire user base here, I'm sure there are hundreds of projects going on every month. Whether it's changing the color of the gauges, wheels, suspension, powdercoating a new part, made artwork of a 2g, etc. People can post pics of whatever mod they've done recently. It can be functional or purely aesthetic. Along with the pic, a short (one sentence) reason why they did the mod. No modification is too small.

Really like this idea too!

Thanks ez.

jdm1990Aug-28-11 02:15 PM
Member since Jun 19th 2010
76 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#47284, "RE: ROTM Suspended"
In response to Reply # 2

I like that idea as well

grainAug-28-11 06:46 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2551 posts,
#47285, "RE: ROTM Suspended"
In response to Reply # 3

rotm was going on for over a year?

dalesmitsuAug-28-11 11:02 PM
Member since May 13th 2006
986 posts,
#47286, "RE: ROTM Suspended"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by ez
Instead of "Ride of the Month", I suggest "Modification of the Month". When you look at the entire user base here, I'm sure there are hundreds of projects going on every month. Whether it's changing the color of the gauges, wheels, suspension, powdercoating a new part, made artwork of a 2g, etc. People can post pics of whatever mod they've done recently. It can be functional or purely aesthetic. Along with the pic, a short (one sentence) reason why they did the mod. No modification is too small.

Still keep Ride Of the Month as main thread theme but add a caption "Modification" or whatever next to it.

How about ROTM random photo location, must include your own dsm open to the 4g63 not just the 2gnt. But only 2gnt's can be a suggestion to you.

__
1995 gs Saved from the crusher
1998 RS gone to(Dsm Heaven)
1997 gs gone to Dsm heaven

TheRedBarrenAug-29-11 07:00 PM
Member since Oct 02nd 2007
61 posts,
#47290, "RE: ROTM Suspended"
In response to Reply # 5

I have to agree, Mod of the Month is WIN. Suits this forum much better.

-RedBarren
1995 Eclipse RS

dalesmitsuAug-30-11 10:08 PM
Member since May 13th 2006
986 posts,
#47295, "RE: ROTM Suspended"
In response to Reply # 5

Any news I bought a new phone with 960x1280 resolution.

__
1995 gs Saved from the crusher
1998 RS gone to(Dsm Heaven)
1997 gs gone to Dsm heaven

electroheadAug-30-11 10:18 PM
Member since Dec 13th 2009
182 posts,
#47296, "RE: ROTM Suspended"
In response to Reply # 7

When I get another DSM, I'll post it up. Mine right now is quite a bit too rough to submit.

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneAug-31-11 10:40 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#47301, "RE: ROTM Suspended"
In response to Reply # 8

i am 100% on board with MOTM.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

ezAug-31-11 11:26 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3461 posts,
#47302, "RE: ROTM Suspended"
In response to Reply # 9

Cool it sounds like people are on board. So this is what I'm thinking. Userbase should judge entries on 3 items:

1) Creativity (is this a pioneering 2gnt mod, or simply very artistic?)
2) Utility (how useful is the mod?)
3) Improvement (is the mod a huge improvement over what they had before?)

What does this ^^^ mean? Everyone must submit a "BEFORE MOD" picture along with their "MOD" picture, so we can judge if you actually made things better or should have just spent your time drinking or gardening that day.

Simple entry formula: mod picture + before mod picture + one sentence reason for mod.

No picture size requirements. Everyone fails at that anyway.

Just take those 3 things into consideration when voting for which mod you think comes out on top. Corbin and CODE4 are probably going to win most of these, but the rest of us can try. Past mods can be posted to, just in case we want to bring Azdave in to dominate all

2gnt: '99 RS-T, killed by a toyota, pending rebuild...
Daily: Volt
Daily #2: '99 EVG ebike- STOLEN by PEDRO

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneAug-31-11 11:45 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#47303, "RE: ROTM Suspended"
In response to Reply # 10

I like it. Erik, you're in charge.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

ModeratortekleinSep-01-11 05:14 AM
1699 posts,
#47306, "RE: ROTM Suspended"
In response to Reply # 11

Pretty much copy/pasted ez E's rules and started it.

I did however require that pictures be 800x600 and not blurry. Its 2011, we should not be giving exceptions for crap pictures

September 16 voting starts!

Fallen4ng31Sep-01-11 05:44 AM
Donating 2GNT member
370 posts,
#47307, "RE: ROTM Suspended"
In response to Reply # 12

As an alternative idea, we could add non-2g's into the ROTM to mix it up a bit, or have a separate section within ROTM for owners to showcase their non 2g cars. Just a thought.

1998 Eclipse RS-T - Totaled 4/23/09 -
1998 Eclipse GST - Stroked 2.3l, HX40 fed: Build in progress
2010 Subaru Outback Limited

I hate hipsters.

electroheadSep-01-11 06:00 AM
Member since Dec 13th 2009
182 posts,
#47308, "RE: ROTM Suspended"
In response to Reply # 13

Another idea could be 'Shot of the Month', be it a mod, dyno run, moving shot, interior shot, or exterior. That may allow for more submissions, as well as add to the creativity. That might make for some pretty 2GNT related photos, as well as not putting a limitation on what pics can be submitted. That can also allow people to take pics of their cars being worked on in a garage, as long as the pics themselves are worthy to be posted. This could also spark other members to tinker on their 2GNTs more.
Just looking at it as a way that will let folks showcase their passion for 2GNTs in much broader way.

Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #47281 Previous topic | Next topic