Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #46882
View in linear mode

Subject: "I'm done with Central Illinois.... Moving!" Previous topic | Next topic
95_ESi_PersonJun-15-11 03:31 PM
Member since Sep 16th 2002
3260 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#46882, "I'm done with Central Illinois.... Moving!"

Off to North Carolina I go!

Was just offered a position at a new facility in Winston-Salem doing what I do now, but with a raise (and all moving expenses covered).
Well, I don't know exactly when I'll be down there, but I have to find a house, sell mine, get all work stuff wrapped up, etc. I'd expect to be in the Winston-Salem area in about a month or so.

Any members live in, or around that area?

The Eclipse will be towed for sure, no way that thing can make it on its own.... some strange and random grounding issue that I'm not even trying to figure out just yet.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: I'm done with Central Illinois.... Moving!, Moderatorteklein, Jun-15-11 03:42 PM, #1
RE: I'm done with Central Illinois.... Moving!, 95_ESi_Person, Jun-15-11 05:21 PM, #2
      RE: I'm done with Central Illinois.... Moving!, Slo2g, Jun-15-11 05:37 PM, #3
           RE: I'm done with Central Illinois.... Moving!, SilvrEclips, Jun-16-11 06:19 AM, #4
                RE: I'm done with Central Illinois.... Moving!, dalesmitsu, Jun-25-11 03:13 PM, #5
                     RE: I'm done with Central Illinois.... Moving!, 95_ESi_Person, Jun-25-11 07:09 PM, #6
                          RE: I'm done with Central Illinois.... Moving!, dalesmitsu, Jun-25-11 07:19 PM, #7
RE: I'm done with Central Illinois.... Moving!, cms, Jun-25-11 07:32 PM, #8
RE: I'm done with Central Illinois.... Moving!, 95_ESi_Person, Jun-25-11 08:27 PM, #9
      RE: I'm done with Central Illinois.... Moving!, Slo2g, Jul-06-11 11:16 AM, #10
           RE: I'm done with Central Illinois.... Moving!, 95_ESi_Person, Jul-06-11 12:34 PM, #11
                RE: I'm done with Central Illinois.... Moving!, Slo2g, Jul-06-11 04:34 PM, #12
                     RE: I'm done with Central Illinois.... Moving!, 95_ESi_Person, Jul-06-11 05:06 PM, #13
                          RE: I'm done with Central Illinois.... Moving!, Slo2g, Jul-06-11 05:34 PM, #14
                               RE: I'm done with Central Illinois.... Moving!, ez, Jul-06-11 10:21 PM, #15
                                    RE: I'm done with Central Illinois.... Moving!, 95_ESi_Person, Sep-07-11 01:08 PM, #16
                                         RE: I'm done with Central Illinois.... Moving!, Slo2g, Sep-08-11 01:04 PM, #17
                                              RE: I'm done with Central Illinois.... Moving!, 420agreenvilleSC, Sep-08-11 03:54 PM, #18
RE: I'm done with Central Illinois.... Moving!, Dualgen2, Sep-15-11 10:26 AM, #19
RE: I'm done with Central Illinois.... Moving!, 95_ESi_Person, Sep-23-11 12:15 PM, #20

ModeratortekleinJun-15-11 03:42 PM
Member since Nov 04th 2007
1699 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#46883, "RE: I'm done with Central Illinois.... Moving!"
In response to Reply # 0

There are a few of us in Greenville/Spartanburg, SC!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

95_ESi_PersonJun-15-11 05:21 PM
3260 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#46884, "RE: I'm done with Central Illinois.... Moving!"
In response to Reply # 1

Awesome!

Slo2gJun-15-11 05:37 PM
Member since Feb 10th 2006
1074 posts,
#46885, "RE: I'm done with Central Illinois.... Moving!"
In response to Reply # 2

Yep, NC is a nice place to live! Another 2gnter coming to the carolinas

SilvrEclipsJun-16-11 06:19 AM
Member since Nov 27th 2007
534 posts,
#46888, "RE: I'm done with Central Illinois.... Moving!"
In response to Reply # 3

Weather is much nicer down here. Congrats on the promotion

98 Eclipse GS Turbo
Built motor - MS2 - Holset hy35 - Zoom Stg 4 Clutch - 57.5mm TB - ARP Headstuds - Turbonetics wastegate - 3" Turbo back - FMIC - Greddy RZ BOV - Walbro 255 - 650cc Injectors - Fidanza Flywheel - Cobra calipers w/ 13" Rotors - Oil Cooler - DevilsOwn meth injection

1981 Chevy Scottsdale
1987 Nissan 300zx - Chump Car
2001 BMW 325i

dalesmitsuJun-25-11 03:13 PM
Member since May 13th 2006
986 posts,
#46939, "RE: I'm done with Central Illinois.... Moving!"
In response to Reply # 4
Jun-25-11 03:15 PM by dalesmitsu

Congrats. My companies HD is in Charloette NC.

__
1995 gs Saved from the crusher
1998 RS gone to(Dsm Heaven)
1997 gs gone to Dsm heaven

95_ESi_PersonJun-25-11 07:09 PM
3260 posts,
#46943, "RE: I'm done with Central Illinois.... Moving!"
In response to Reply # 5

Looks like the fun will start soon. I will be living in a hotel and flying to NC for the weeks, and IL. For weekends until I buy and close on a house, but start date is on Aug 1.

dalesmitsuJun-25-11 07:19 PM
Member since May 13th 2006
986 posts,
#46944, "RE: I'm done with Central Illinois.... Moving!"
In response to Reply # 6
Jun-25-11 07:20 PM by dalesmitsu

You should look into renting, with a garage.

I've heard renting is better and save more money due to the economy.

__
1995 gs Saved from the crusher
1998 RS gone to(Dsm Heaven)
1997 gs gone to Dsm heaven

cmsJun-25-11 07:32 PM
Member since Aug 01st 2003
1092 posts,
#46945, "RE: I'm done with Central Illinois.... Moving!"
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by 95_ESi_Person
Off to North Carolina I go! Was just offered a position at a new facility in Winston-Salem doing what I do now, but with a raise (and all moving expenses covered). Well, I don't know exactly when I'll be down there, but I have to find a house, sell mine, get all work stuff wrapped up, etc. I'd expect to be in the Winston-Salem area in about a month or so. Any members live in, or around that area? The Eclipse will be towed for sure, no way that thing can make it on its own.... some strange and random grounding issue that I'm not even trying to figure out just yet.

Wish nothing but the best!

-Christopher

95_ESi_PersonJun-25-11 08:27 PM
3260 posts,
#46949, "RE: I'm done with Central Illinois.... Moving!"
In response to Reply # 8

I will never rent again. Rates and prices are even better now than when I bought 3 years ago, and I won't go into detail, but not worried about a loss on my current house either.

Slo2gJul-06-11 11:16 AM
1074 posts,
#47016, "RE: I'm done with Central Illinois.... Moving!"
In response to Reply # 9

So, when is this happening?

95_ESi_PersonJul-06-11 12:34 PM
3260 posts,
#47017, "RE: I'm done with Central Illinois.... Moving!"
In response to Reply # 10

Start August 15th. I'll more than likely be living in a hotel for a bit until the relocation agency packs me up and moves me. I still need to start house hunting.

I'm not sure if I'm bringing the Eclipse or selling it here. I've been told that the relocation agency won't carry a leaky car (rear main), it's lowered, and the clutch is burnt out. I'm not fixing it right now either.... too much on my plate. I'd also need to get it emissions compliant, which shouldn't be too bad, but it probably wont pass.

Slo2gJul-06-11 04:34 PM
1074 posts,
#47018, "RE: I'm done with Central Illinois.... Moving!"
In response to Reply # 11

No emissions here buddy!

95_ESi_PersonJul-06-11 05:06 PM
3260 posts,
#47019, "RE: I'm done with Central Illinois.... Moving!"
In response to Reply # 12

Originally posted by Slo2g
No emissions here buddy!

Really? It looked like Forsyth county required them.

Slo2gJul-06-11 05:34 PM
1074 posts,
#47020, "RE: I'm done with Central Illinois.... Moving!"
In response to Reply # 13

Ahh. My bad, your in NC. Yep NC has testing. Sorry man. How much you trying getfor it?

ezJul-06-11 10:21 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3461 posts,
#47022, "RE: I'm done with Central Illinois.... Moving!"
In response to Reply # 14

Congrats on the raise and the move.

But I concur with renting. House prices are "even" lower than 3+ years ago, because 2007 was the top of the American Housing Bubble. It does not mean current price levels are a good value. The market still has farther to fall, and it will stay low for quite a number of years.

2gnt: '99 RS-T, killed by a toyota, pending rebuild...
Daily: Volt
Daily #2: '99 EVG ebike- STOLEN by PEDRO

95_ESi_PersonSep-07-11 01:08 PM
3260 posts,
#47360, "RE: I'm done with Central Illinois.... Moving!"
In response to Reply # 15

Brief update:

Relocation agency taking their sweet time, my house took an extra month to get onto the market, the inspection repair addendum took forever to come back... with 2 other additional inspections required, appraisers took forever, and now don't match, so a 3rd has to go out. Plus I now need my chimney rebuilt, which isn't a big deal and I could do it myself, but I'm getting tired of fixing things mentioned on the relo inspection and there are a few active bees nests in there (I'll provide the guys with bee killer).

I found a house I would like, nicknamed the "super f-in awesome house", but can't make an offer until I get the appraisal numbers back.

On a positive note, the area is AWESOME! First time I went there I stayed close to downtown, walked downtown nightly for dinner. It keeps getting more and more awesome every time I go. Now, I just need to get my stuff and dog there in a house and I'll be happy as a clam.

Still unsure on the Eclipse.... got her going, driving, happy... then burst a brake line. I can't jack the car in that area because of rust, and I'm too tired of fixing things that even working on a car doesn't sound like fun.

Slo2gSep-08-11 01:04 PM
1074 posts,
#47367, "RE: I'm done with Central Illinois.... Moving!"
In response to Reply # 16

Keep us updated man, wouldn't mind meeting up for wings/beer one weekend.

420agreenvilleSCSep-08-11 03:54 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1527 posts,
#47370, "RE: I'm done with Central Illinois.... Moving!"
In response to Reply # 17
Sep-08-11 03:54 PM by 420agreenvilleSC

Originally posted by Slo2g
Keep us updated man, wouldn't mind meeting up for wings/beer one weekend.

THIS

http://www.2gnt.com/quote_db.php?id=278

Outside of Corona: "That sucks, peace out..." (jamie walks away)... "Sweeet, what we doin?" -Zac
Tim's garage (prior to motor install): "Im gonna smoke real quick, that way if you fuck up I am already nicotined up" -Tim

Dualgen2Sep-15-11 10:26 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3726 posts,
#47398, "RE: I'm done with Central Illinois.... Moving!"
In response to Reply # 0

Congrats! I currently live in the Washington DC area, where I have lived for my whole life (29 years+) and I'm relocating to Dover, Delaware in January for my wifes job. I'm pretty excited because most townhouses, let alone single family homes in my county are $500k or more and they aren't new either. I live in a 2 bedroom 2 bath condo worth around $250k. The foundation just got put in for the new house I'm building in Dover, DE. 5 bedrooms, 3 1/2 baths, 2 car garage, 1/4 acre lot and lots of upgrades. Building a house like this would cost 800k to 1 million depending on what area you want to be in near me. It's crazy what people will pay to live near a major city. It's pretty exciting for us and the dogs finally have a yard to play in. Good luck with the move!

2009 Corolla S - waiting until 2012 for my next toy!
*SOLD* 1992 3000GT VR4 - pearl white and 45,6xx miles!
*SOLD* 2007 Subaru Legacy GT sedan
*SOLD* 95 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4 - BPU
*SOLD* 97 Eclipse GS Star Stage 2

95_ESi_PersonSep-23-11 12:15 PM
3260 posts,
#47437, "RE: I'm done with Central Illinois.... Moving!"
In response to Reply # 19

Found a house, so if all goes well with the home buying process I should be there around Halloween.

Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #46882 Previous topic | Next topic