Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #11021
View in linear mode

Subject: "why....?" Previous topic | Next topic
donnyb373Jun-18-06 02:27 PM
Member since Apr 07th 2004
1122 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11021, "why....?"

ok, me and the wife were arguing like hell about me workin on the talon...this is like a every week argument....the big question is in our argumant is " WHY DO YOU WORK ON THE PEACE OF SHIT, AND WHY DO YOU WANT TO MAKE IT NICE AND FAST?"

so...my answer is i love my car, and its my hobby.

so why do we do what we do? what drives up to dump mass amounts of money into our cars?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: why....?, Hult250R, Jun-18-06 02:37 PM, #1
RE: why....?, .bs0d, Jun-18-06 02:37 PM, #2
RE: why....?, TeamDR1665, Jun-18-06 02:58 PM, #3
      RE: why....?, MCubed45, Jun-18-06 03:36 PM, #4
           RE: why....?, Moderatorcs82685, Jun-18-06 03:52 PM, #5
           RE: why....?, Pitchblack98, Jun-18-06 05:18 PM, #6
           RE: why....?, burntheblobs, Jun-18-06 06:11 PM, #7
           RE: why....?, Steve, Jun-18-06 07:20 PM, #8
                RE: why....?, Graph-X, Jun-18-06 07:51 PM, #9
                     RE: why....?, jsupetran, Jun-18-06 10:10 PM, #10
                          RE: why....?, youkickedmydog, Jun-19-06 05:05 AM, #11
RE: why....?, injendsm, Jun-19-06 06:01 AM, #12

Hult250RJun-18-06 02:37 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2017 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11022, "RE: why....?"
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by donnyb373
i love my car, and its my hobby.

I think you answered your own question

----------------------------------------

I used to have a 420A...

'92 TSi AWD

11.8 @ 119mph
470awhp 405 ft/lb torque
30psi on E85 w/ Borg Warner S256 Turbo

My DSM Registry: http://www.dsmregistry.com/166

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

.bs0dJun-18-06 02:37 PM
Member since Jan 14th 2004
597 posts,
#11023, "RE: why....?"
In response to Reply # 0

everyone pours their money into something...

some into cars, others into computers, home decor... she probably wants the extra $$ to pour into cloths or something

TeamDR1665Jun-18-06 02:58 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#11024, "RE: why....?"
In response to Reply # 2

Most people get in their cars each morning, turn the key, and assume it's going to start. I go out in the morning, turn the key and know that the machine under the hood was built, starts, and runs, by me and a couple of my friends. Sure, it's a Dodge engine, but Dodge has little to do with getting me to and from work each day. It's my motor and I'm the reason it works (or doesn't).

MCubed45Jun-18-06 03:36 PM
Member since Sep 17th 2002
2706 posts,
#11025, "RE: why....?"
In response to Reply # 3

tell her it's so you can pick up hot chicks

-marc

Moderatorcs82685Jun-18-06 03:52 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2007 posts,
#11026, "RE: why....?"
In response to Reply # 4

just tell her its a better hobby than going out and getting hammered while getting lap dances from younger/hotter girls

I contributed to the Wiki!
EVO IX - just a really expensive boost gauge and a K&N air filter
96 Eclipse RS -awaiting registration and inspection
95 Eclipse GS - parts car
Mods/Profile - http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=cs82685

Pitchblack98Jun-18-06 05:18 PM
Member since Jan 11th 2003
1691 posts,
#11033, "RE: why....?"
In response to Reply # 5

My approach to it when my wife was giving me a hard time was... if you dont like it theres the door. lol Prolly wont go over so well in most cases though. *Use at your own risk!*

burntheblobsJun-18-06 06:11 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1445 posts,
#11034, "RE: why....?"
In response to Reply # 4
Jun-18-06 06:11 PM by burntheblobs

Originally posted by MCubed45

LOL!

1991 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX - SOLD
2006 Mustang GT Convertible

SteveJun-18-06 07:20 PM
Member since Sep 15th 2003
1542 posts,
#11037, "RE: why....?"
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by MCubed45

I 2nd that answer.

Steve-o
Top secret.

Originally posted by FlyinEsi
I guess I'll just have to live with a 500+ hp AWD 4-banger.

Graph-XJun-18-06 07:51 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2607 posts,
#11040, "RE: why....?"
In response to Reply # 8

At least it's not drugs and hookers.

jsupetranJun-18-06 10:10 PM
Member since May 04th 2002
4359 posts,
#11043, "RE: why....?"
In response to Reply # 9

Its a hobby and its fun. Like yesterday, I spent like 5 hours working on the Z. I did an oil change that took like 45mins. It was the 22500 oil change made at 22700 and my first oil change since getting the car. I ended up washing the car, taking off the rims to clean them inside and out, and checked out the brake pads. Plus I cleaned the engine bay to keep it emaculate.

New Car:
2004 350z base, Nismo CAI, pioneer avic-n1 (dvd, cd, navi)

Old Car:
1998 GS with hrc stage 2, HID 6000k conversion kit, AEM UEGO wideband, sfmu, ml, prokits, Greddy warning gauges: egt, boost gauge, and oil pressure, apexi tt, haydans tranny cooler, costum dp, groundwires, dynotune fp gauge. gst muff, turbo spoiler
Boostin since Aug 03.

nothing like driving with the windows down and the music low: i love hearing the turbo spool, swwwhhhttt!!!!

youkickedmydogJun-19-06 05:05 AM
Member since Aug 16th 2004
290 posts,
#11045, "RE: why....?"
In response to Reply # 10
Jun-19-06 05:06 AM by youkickedmydog

You cant take the money with you, so you have to enjoy it while you have it. I dont know about you guys but I dont want to live a day past 70, I hate old people and I would rather die behind the wheel of something rather then in a bed shitting my pants.

Originally posted by oRACLe063
that not just any aluminum foil son !!! that reynolds wrap..lol its like the greddy of the aluminum foil world

injendsmJun-19-06 06:01 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6844 posts,
#11048, "RE: why....?"
In response to Reply # 0

ask your wife why she wastes money on clothes, shoes, and makeup (assuming she does so).

www.gregsorrells.com

http://ubanimator.com>

Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #11021 Previous topic | Next topic