Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #9995
View in linear mode

Subject: "Worst Ride Ever!" Previous topic | Next topic
tacoman123Jun-08-02 02:50 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2678 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#9995, "Worst Ride Ever!"

I have a 95 Talon ESi..
There are somethings that are really really wrong with my car..

1.) When ever I turn to the right or just move the steering wheel to the right, it makes this awful sound, as if some things where grinding (bearing?) If it a bearing, is there a write-up to change it? I heard I need to use a "press" to put it in.

2.) It feels like I have no shocks or anything, would that be normal? Because I feel every bump on the road.

3.) In the last 5 months, I had to get 3 new tires for the front-left tire... does anyone know why there is excessive tire wear?

4.) Does anyone know where I can get OEM studs?

Thanks

"Yes, I really do want to get banned. I no longer want to spend hours upon hours online anymore. This site is great and all, but I don't want to come online anymore. I suck, period. Ban me, please.

Thank you.

-Tahleel"

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Worst Ride Ever!, ExcessTalonESi, Jun-08-02 03:44 PM, #1
RE: Worst Ride Ever!, BuckNutty, Jun-08-02 11:13 PM, #2
      RE: Worst Ride Ever!, farmdogg55, Jun-09-02 02:47 AM, #3
      RE: Worst Ride Ever!, ExcessTalonESi, Jun-09-02 03:30 AM, #4
           RE: Worst Ride Ever!, Z87RSMan, Jun-09-02 05:49 AM, #5
                RE: Worst Ride Ever!, fatchance, Jun-10-02 06:44 AM, #6
                     RE: Worst Ride Ever!, ExcessTalonESi, Jun-10-02 07:55 AM, #7
      RE: Worst Ride Ever!, Amish_Eclipse, Jul-24-02 08:20 AM, #13
RE: Worst Ride Ever!, JuniorGSX, Jun-12-02 02:33 AM, #8
RE: Worst Ride Ever!, Z87RSMan, Jun-12-02 03:24 AM, #9
      RE: Worst Ride Ever!, Kirby, Jun-12-02 05:06 AM, #10
           RE: Worst Ride Ever!, IEATRICE, Jul-22-02 04:53 AM, #11
                RE: Worst Ride Ever!, safedawg, Jul-22-02 08:08 AM, #12
                     RE: Worst Ride Ever!, TeamJeff_99gs, Jul-24-02 08:57 AM, #14
                          RE: Worst Ride Ever!, IEATRICE, Jul-29-02 05:44 AM, #15
                          RE: Worst Ride Ever!, fauchpj, Jul-29-02 02:51 PM, #16

ExcessTalonESiJun-08-02 03:44 PM
Old School 2GNTer
223 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#9996, "RE: Worst Ride Ever!"
In response to Reply # 0

>I have a 95 Talon ESi..
>There are somethings that are really really wrong with my
>car..
>
>1.) When ever I turn to the right or just move the steering
>wheel to the right, it makes this awful sound, as if some
>things where grinding (bearing?) If it a bearing, is there
>a write-up to change it? I heard I need to use a "press" to
>put it in.
>

I would think that is a CV joint? If it is....get it replaced NOW! Also, maybe it's the ball joint? Because we have a recall on the ball joint....go to your local satan and get it replaced...it's free.

>2.) It feels like I have no shocks or anything, would that
>be normal? Because I feel every bump on the road.
>

I would say it's just old suspension. My Talon was like that, I could fell all the bumps, my car bounced a lot, etc. (solved that problem with my struts and springs).

>3.) In the last 5 months, I had to get 3 new tires for the
>front-left tire... does anyone know why there is excessive
>tire wear?
>

Possibly out of alignment. Get yours checked.

>4.) Does anyone know where I can get OEM studs?
>

I would think Satan.

>Thanks

No problem, that's what we're here for.

~Darby Ellis
2004 Mazda 6 Sedan w/auto-dimming mirror w/homelink and compass, Sportkit w/spoiler, Bose system upgrades

Formerly:

*'96 Eagle Talon ESi-T (TOTALED) = Mods: HRC Stage 2 turbokit / Pilot Motorsports Short Throw / Tokico Illuminas (5 way externally adjustable) / Eibach Pro-Kit

*2003 Nissan Altima (stock)

AIM: ExcessTalonESi
E-Mail: JediDarby16@hotmail.com

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

BuckNuttyJun-08-02 11:13 PM
Donating 2GNT member
7235 posts,
#9997, "RE: Worst Ride Ever!"
In response to Reply # 1

I got a question for you guys. I have a 95 Talon as well and am wondering what ot do as far as recalls. I am not sure what has been done on my car but i was told by my local satan that they can't do recalls on eagle's. If this is the case then where do i go? Or am i just screwed?

farmdogg55Jun-09-02 02:47 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2522 posts,
#9998, "RE: Worst Ride Ever!"
In response to Reply # 2

i have the same problem with the creaking and i was thinking it was the CV joint or the struts. or maybe its the ball joint. anyways, is there a way to tell which one it is without having to take it into the garage? it hasnt started to grab when i turn yet so hopefully it will last me a week till payday!

Cliff farmdogg54@hotmail.com
"All rice no race"
...patiently waiting for my 2GNT stickers

ExcessTalonESiJun-09-02 03:30 AM
Old School 2GNTer
223 posts,
#9999, "RE: Worst Ride Ever!"
In response to Reply # 3

I'm not sure how to tell because I'm not THAT mechanically inclined. As for the question about your local satan. Is it the Mitsubishi dealership or the Eagle dealership? I'd take it to the Eagle dealership...because they'd have all the info. on what has been done as far as recalls for you car.

~Darby Ellis
2004 Mazda 6 Sedan w/auto-dimming mirror w/homelink and compass, Sportkit w/spoiler, Bose system upgrades

Formerly:

*'96 Eagle Talon ESi-T (TOTALED) = Mods: HRC Stage 2 turbokit / Pilot Motorsports Short Throw / Tokico Illuminas (5 way externally adjustable) / Eibach Pro-Kit

Z87RSManJun-09-02 05:49 AM
Member since Mar 07th 2002
2188 posts,
#10000, "RE: Worst Ride Ever!"
In response to Reply # 4

He could take it to the Eagle dealership... if there was an Eagle dealership. Eagle no longer exists, Chrysler sucked them up just like Plymouth. Take it to a Dodge or Chrysler dealer, if not, your screwed.

Luke

1998 Mustang GT 5-speed
2002 Lone Star Shelby Cobra Replica

fatchanceJun-10-02 06:44 AM
Member since May 08th 2002
761 posts,
#10001, "RE: Worst Ride Ever!"
In response to Reply # 5

On the note of recalls, can SATAN tell me what has been done to mine?

tia
Phil

1995 RS
new engine, I think I'm just going to leave it stock now.

ExcessTalonESiJun-10-02 07:55 AM
Old School 2GNTer
223 posts,
#10002, "RE: Worst Ride Ever!"
In response to Reply # 6

Umm..yes Eagle still does make a car. So technically Eagle is still around. Plus, the reason I said to take to the Eagle dealer is becaus here in Reno it's Reno Jeep/Eagle. So technically we have an Eagle dealership, but Reno is weird like that. As for mitsu being able to tell you what's been done as far as recalls on your car...I'm not sure they can if it's not an Eclipse. Granted they are the same car, but they do have different names. You can try asking the local Satan, it never hurts to try.

~Darby Ellis

Formerly:

Amish_EclipseJul-24-02 08:20 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3026 posts,
#10003, "RE: Worst Ride Ever!"
In response to Reply # 2

>I got a question for you guys. I have a 95 Talon as well and
>am wondering what ot do as far as recalls. I am not sure
>what has been done on my car but i was told by my local
>satan that they can't do recalls on eagle's. If this is the
>case then where do i go? Or am i just screwed?

OH MY GOD!! you were lied too. mitsu dealers can work on your car just as much as a dodge place. thy lied to you cause they look bad for taking recalls (negative sale). go back and tell them to do it.

http://www.ocaddict.com

thanks beefgg for the sig

JuniorGSXJun-12-02 02:33 AM
Member since May 21st 2002
20 posts,
#10004, "RE: Worst Ride Ever!"
In response to Reply # 0

hey
I have the same problem, when I turn I can hear that f**&*g noise. It started last summer, I have replaced the CV joint but it didnt help, I think it may be the bearing. The only bad thing about that is that you cant buy just the bearing, you have to buy the whole weel hub which is like $300.

Z87RSManJun-12-02 03:24 AM
Member since Mar 07th 2002
2188 posts,
#10005, "RE: Worst Ride Ever!"
In response to Reply # 8

What car does Eagle make still?

Luke

1998 Mustang GT 5-speed
2002 Lone Star Shelby Cobra Replica

KirbyJun-12-02 05:06 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2181 posts,
#10006, "RE: Worst Ride Ever!"
In response to Reply # 9

if you drive a talon you have to go to the jeep/eagle dealer. i'm in fredericksburg, VA... so if we have one here then there should be one anywhere... but the recall information is a company thing not a car platform thing so you have to go to chrysler. as for wich part it is just go have the recall done and if it presists then look into the other options. and yes the proper dealer for your car will be able to tell you what has been done as far as recalls, but ask for a printout because they may lie to cut the costs of the repair

I edited to the wiki!

Originally posted by DR1665
NOTE TO SELF: Go commando to wedding. Scar the Irishman for life.

IEATRICEJul-22-02 04:53 AM
Member since Apr 24th 2002
73 posts,
#10007, "RE: Worst Ride Ever!"
In response to Reply # 10

I have a '95 talon and i just scheduled my recalls that apply to my car.(laterball joint and fuel pressure regulator) but the best way to know what applys to you is call....18008531403.. thats the Daimler Chrysler corp number just call and give them your VIN# and the'll tell you the recall you need and the'll give you the closest dealer to your house. If you have an talon u have to go through chrysler.

http://www.geocities.com/dsm9696/myesi.html

Honda's are everywhere. You can't throw a rock without hitting one.

safedawgJul-22-02 08:08 AM
Member since May 01st 2002
345 posts,
#10008, "RE: Worst Ride Ever!"
In response to Reply # 11

Yeah satan will tell you if it has been done or not, I went in and the guy before me had already done it, jusit go in and ask.

Work in progress
98 GS t3/t04e, hrc Sidemount, tial 38mm, HKS ssq bov, clutchmaster stage 4, wiseco pistons, Eagle rods, Apexi TT, HKS EVC II, Phantom grip lsd, 3in turbo back, Eibach pro-kit, Defi D-gauge EGT,boost, autometer fuel pressure
8-inj setup in the works, HKS AIC III and 450cc injectors

TeamJeff_99gsJul-24-02 08:57 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5473 posts,
#10009, "RE: Worst Ride Ever!"
In response to Reply # 12

The squeaking is probably the power steering belt. Tighten it and look for wear.

The bumpy ride is your blown 8 year old suspension. Like my 12 year old suspension

As far OEM parts, go to a local auto parts store. They should have everything for WAY cheaper than Satan could ever offer it for. I had to get new rotors, ball joints, tie rod ends, and some other stuff to get my GSX on the road... It all cost 734 dollars at Satan, and 231 dollars at the local store. Screw the dealer

IEATRICEJul-29-02 05:44 AM
Member since Apr 24th 2002
73 posts,
#10010, "RE: Worst Ride Ever!"
In response to Reply # 14

I just got my recall today. other than waiting a long time it was really nice they took care of everything with no problems. And after the fuel pressure regulator was put in they didnt get n e trouble codes to reset my computer so on weds. they're puting in a brand new one. all free.

http://www.geocities.com/dsm9696/myesi.html

Honda's are everywhere. You can't throw a rock without hitting one.

fauchpjJul-29-02 02:51 PM
Donating 2GNT member
4784 posts,
#10011, "RE: Worst Ride Ever!"
In response to Reply # 14

>The squeaking is probably the power steering belt. Tighten
>it and look for wear.
>
>The bumpy ride is your blown 8 year old suspension. Like my
>12 year old suspension
>
>As far OEM parts, go to a local auto parts store. They
>should have everything for WAY cheaper than Satan could ever
>offer it for. I had to get new rotors, ball joints, tie rod
>ends, and some other stuff to get my GSX on the road... It
>all cost 734 dollars at Satan, and 231 dollars at the local
>store. Screw the dealer

most shops only have parts for 1Gs.

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #9995 Previous topic | Next topic