Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #9919
View in linear mode

Subject: "14's to 16's" Previous topic | Next topic
RYZCLPZJun-06-02 06:17 AM
Member since Feb 21st 2002
66 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#9919, "14's to 16's"

Alright, I have a 95 RS with the ever-so-gorgeous stock 14" wheels. I just bought some stock 16"s from 99GS and was wondering how much of a drop I should put on. I'm not looking for something really aggressive, just a nice stance would be fine.

Ryan
98 GS-T

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
if you're looking..., Skrilla, Jun-06-02 06:44 AM, #1
RE: if you're looking..., Clay, Jun-06-02 07:32 PM, #2
      RE: if you're looking..., Amish_Eclipse, Jun-08-02 08:25 AM, #3
           RE: if you're looking..., Weezle745, Jun-08-02 08:33 AM, #4
                RE: if you're looking..., vegasdsmr, Jun-08-02 05:28 PM, #5
                     RE: if you're looking..., BuckNutty, Jun-08-02 11:10 PM, #6

SkrillaJun-06-02 06:44 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1868 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#9920, "if you're looking..."
In response to Reply # 0

...for nothing major then just try some Eibach Prokits

*Skrilla
"Honest officer, I thought you were trying to race me"
Talon: 1st 2.4L
'97 Prelude
'04 350Z

Originally posted by YourInMyMirror95GS
dick teaser's should be rounded up and shot in the forehead
Originally posted by etx
Good luck man! Project 'STFU Brian your talon is dead meat' should be on it's feet soon!
Originally posted by Dark0ne
Thanks. Now excuse me while i fuck your sister.
"fuck all motor" -turbo ate you

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ClayJun-06-02 07:32 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1790 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#9921, "RE: if you're looking..."
In response to Reply # 1

personally i'd go no lower than 2.5 inches. you'll still have some wheel gap though.

95 GST | So-Cal

Amish_EclipseJun-08-02 08:25 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3026 posts,
#9922, "RE: if you're looking..."
In response to Reply # 2

>personally i'd go no lower than 2.5 inches. you'll still
>have some wheel gap though.

???? on 16's?? dood if you go lower than 2 inches you'll be lookin ghetto fabulous. stick aronud 1.5. get the less aggressive springs.

http://www.ocaddict.com

thanks beefgg for the sig

Weezle745Jun-08-02 08:33 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4068 posts,
#9923, "RE: if you're looking..."
In response to Reply # 3

yeah Ive personally seen 2.5" on stock 99 gs rims and it is pretty low. I think you are looking more for a 1.5-1.75" drop.

My springs have dropped about 1.5" and it looks good. Im just waiting for them to settle and I should have a 2" drop.

AEM CAI
Magnaflow Muffler
Tech-5 Springs (2" drop)
JVC Kameleon HU
2 10" subs
APC Indiglos

--- My 2gnt WIKI contribution ---> http://www.jamlez.com/2gnt

97 Eclipse Spyder

vegasdsmrJun-08-02 05:28 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4713 posts,
#9924, "RE: if you're looking..."
In response to Reply # 4

intrax, rated 2", but more like 2.5-3.....on 16z

03 srt-4 13.130@112.47mph (n2o, stock turbo, 10/2003)
now: 20g, portfueler, bpu+++ (track/dyno times tbd...)

i farted on your wiki

BuckNuttyJun-08-02 11:10 PM
Donating 2GNT member
7235 posts,
#9925, "RE: if you're looking..."
In response to Reply # 5

how much wheel gap would there be?? Any pics? I am planning on getting RX7 rims, coilovers and struts for my car in august/september. Jus wondering if i should hold out for some 17's or go ahead and get the 16's.

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #9919 Previous topic | Next topic