Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #990
View in linear mode

Subject: "Ebay strut bars???????" Previous topic | Next topic
tim97rsMar-06-01 11:48 AM
Donating 2GNT member
4255 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#990, "Ebay strut bars???????"

So, anybody know if the front and rear strut bars plastered all over e-bay for sale from matrix are any good? Are they as good as name brand without the name???

thanks tim97rs

USED TO HAVE...Everything you wish you had, and then some...

You are somebody special Tim, you matter! - from the admins (but nobody likes you, because your username is just like that other guy's, and you whine a lot)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

TeamMichael_97RSMar-06-01 12:55 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#991, "RE: Ebay strut bars???????"
In response to Reply # 0

All strut tower braces are pretty much equivalent. It's a bar of metal that holds the shock towers together... not a lot of technology involved.

"To strive to seek to find... and not to yield."
Michael J. Kulaga
Michael_97RS@2gntDSM.zzn.com
aol IM: MJKulga
http://highlander.dsmpower.com/

Firefly:
Mal: You don't know me, son, so let me put this to you plainly: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me. And you'll be armed.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Team96NOS_EclipseMar-06-01 01:47 PM
Old School 2GNTer
294 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#992, "RE: Ebay strut bars???????"
In response to Reply # 1

That is where i bought mine and they aren't any different than any of the other cheaper bars out there.

Ray
96 Eclipse Base Model
Best 14.6@93 w/60 shot

1997 Eclipse RS
1991 Eclipse GSX
1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
1989 Dodge Daytona 2.5 turbo
(tinker car)
1996 Eclipse base model RIP

HadesOmegaMar-08-01 08:05 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4529 posts,
#993, "RE: Ebay strut bars???????"
In response to Reply # 2

Yup I bought mine there for an exellent price. You can notice the difference. But they are kinda flimsy. I'm really thinking of doing that 2 STB thing. My cousin has a Cusco Strut Tower Bar for his ae96 and it doesn't bend for shit. So stiffer is better, matrix is aluminum I believe. Stainless steal is better, or even carbon fiber. Not so sure about carbon fiber though..

http://www.hadesomega.info -car specz and movies 95 Eclipse RS | 76' 280Z | 89' MR2 | 99 Neon | 91 Zephyr
Who sez FF can't drift?

endless73Mar-12-01 09:39 AM
Old School 2GNTer
253 posts,
#994, "RE: Ebay strut bars???????"
In response to Reply # 3

All strut bars are the same. The annoying thing about putting a strut bar on our 420A motors is that it blocks the oil cap. That means everytime you change your oil, you gotta remove the bar. That's why I got rid of mine...besides, it doesn't really make a difference in drag racing.

Evan Lau
15.621 @ 89.5 mph

Eclipse-15.621 @ 89.5 mph
M3-13.192 @ 111 mph
Pick your poison!
http://www.onlineshowoff.com/index.asp?section=profile&username=endless73

Fast420AMar-12-01 02:11 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4370 posts,
#995, "Strut bars and oil change"
In response to Reply # 4

LAST EDITED ON 12-Mar-01 AT 07:12 PM (PST)

The annoying thing about
putting a strut bar on
our 420A motors is that
it blocks the oil cap.
That means everytime you
change your oil, you gotta
remove the bar.

Just use a funnel when you change your oil. It's pretty simple to do. I like having the 2nd Strut Bar that Neuspeed makes for our cars. I can really tell a difference having it on there. But for the 1st bar, any bar will do as long as it is a solid bar and not going to bend or break.

Flame Red SRT-4 GT40,8.5:1 Built Shortblock, Brian Crower Stage 2 Cams, etc etc etc...

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #990 Previous topic | Next topic