Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #9709
View in linear mode

Subject: "are strut bars the same for turbo and nt" Previous topic | Next topic
97eclipseRSMay-29-02 08:53 AM
Old School 2GNTer
940 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#9709, "are strut bars the same for turbo and nt"

i'm about to order upper front and rear strut tower braces and they were described as being for turbo eclipses 95-99, but isn't the suspension and strut tower hardware the same on turbo and nt 2g's?

- Dan

HRC Stage 2|30lb injectors|S-FMU|Walbro255HP|AFX UDP|B&M Short Shifter w/ Symborski Shift Kit|Rear Strut Bar|Power Slot Rotors|more...

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

mkerleyMay-29-02 09:07 AM
Old School 2GNTer
944 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#9710, "RE: are strut bars the same for turbo and nt"
In response to Reply # 0

yes, but engine clearance is different. Unless someone says that specific bar will work, I'd be careful. There's plenty out there for the 2gnt. Just pick one of those to be safe.

99GS MT | Star Stage 2 | GC coilovers | HurriganeGS tie bars | Tokico Illuminas | 17x7 Enkei RS5 | Baer track brakes |+

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

fasterGSMay-29-02 12:06 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3879 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#9711, "RE: are strut bars the same for turbo and nt"
In response to Reply # 1

From what I have seen, a GS-T strut bar will fit on a 2gnt, but a 2gnt bar will not work on a turbo car. Im sure there are exceptions to this.

97eclipseRSMay-29-02 03:33 PM
Old School 2GNTer
940 posts,
#9712, "RE: are strut bars the same for turbo and nt"
In response to Reply # 2

yeah that's what i had heard. thanks for the help guys

- Dan

HRC Stage 2|30lb injectors|S-FMU|Walbro255HP|AFX UDP|B&M Short Shifter w/ Symborski Shift Kit|Rear Strut Bar|Power Slot Rotors|more...

HadesOmegaMay-30-02 07:07 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4529 posts,
#9713, "RE: are strut bars the same for turbo and nt"
In response to Reply # 3

What i heard is that all you do if flip the strut bar around or screw it on backwards and it fits. you can flip it so it don't hit the oil filler cap, mine is over it but I can slide it out ^_^

http://www.hadesomega.info -car specz and movies 95 Eclipse RS | 76' 280Z | 89' MR2 | 99 Neon | 91 Zephyr
Who sez FF can't drift?

jdpilotJun-01-02 10:33 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1128 posts,
#9714, "RE: are strut bars the same for turbo and nt"
In response to Reply # 4

Yeah, flipmode that shit since the battery is on the opposite side in a 4G63 powered klipse!

Second Place "Sanford Sound SLAP 2005" Mild 2-Door
http://www.sanfordsound.com/carwash2005.htm
Second Place "Scrapefest 2002" 2nd Gen Mild
1995 GS AT, 97-99 Conversion.
2000 BMW Z3 2.8
1999 Chevy K2500 crew cab
5 jets skis, 3 snowmobiles, 2 ATVs. BRAAP!
Member # 1147

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #9709 Previous topic | Next topic