Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 4 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #940
View in linear mode

Subject: "Who here is using KYB AGX suspension" Previous topic | Next topic
KahnFeb-25-01 08:11 AM
Old School 2GNTer
431 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#940, "Who here is using KYB AGX suspension"

Hey guys, is there anyone here who is using the KYB AGXs is there a lifetime warranty on these?? How would you rate the quality - how easy are they to adjust - the front adjust from the top right, but the rears adjust somewhere along the shock body??? Thanks again.

Also what springs/coilovers are you using with them.

2003 VW GTI 1.8t.. I used to have a 95 Eclipse but well...water sucks.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

TeamStan2gntFeb-25-01 08:37 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2216 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#941, "RE: Who here is using KYB AGX suspension"
In response to Reply # 0

LAST EDITED ON 25-Feb-01 AT 01:38 PM (PST)

I believe the warranty is 1yr. Adjustments are easy. Fronts adjust up top with supplied screwdriver and rears are just a knob on the strut body. Handling and ride are great considering I have mine set at 3 of 4 front and 6 of 8 rear. Well worth the $366 I paid. I really can tell the difference at one sweeper I take everyday where with the stock struts I'd cringe a little and not take it as fast as I could because a bump in particular would upset the whole front end everytime (the one time I took it like I should it disrupted the front end so much I threw the power steering belt). With the AGX it doesn't disrupt the front end at all and cornering is alot flatter (but not enough that I dont still want a rear sway bar). I'm using suspension techniques springs.

Stan2gnt
Stan2va@aol.com
95 Talon ES-I-NOS but T soon!
http://members.nbci.com/FlyEsi/home.htm
You too can have a never updated site complete with old info and dated pics!

:farfrommugen:
Yes I still own a 2gnt.
Damn right I've been here longer than U
klassic_liven@yahoo.com

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ModeratorVX100Feb-26-01 02:15 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2831 posts,
#942, "I agree with stan"
In response to Reply # 0

I've got them (on stock springs) and I like 'em, well worth the money spent

although, I don't know if I would go any lower than 1 inch with them, they seem to have less travel than, say tokicos

Todd Scungio
98 RS
15.803 @ 86.48 MPH

"Tutto fa brodo."

Todd Scungio
98 RS
15.173 @ 90.70 MPH

And also a 2011 Ralliart

Fast420AFeb-27-01 04:11 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4370 posts,
#943, "KYB AGX"
In response to Reply # 2

I am running the KYB's on 1.4 inch Neuspeed Springs. The ride is a little rough sometimes but My Mary Jane tears in the the corners like it's nothing. I also have 2 front Strut Tie Bars. The Neuspeed single bar and a Tenzo Bar. I have a STB in the rear also. I would highly recommend these shocks. I run them set at 1 all around for everyday use and then 3/4 up front and 6/8 in the back for fun. I haven't run them hard in an auto x yet but I'll let everyone know what I think after I do.

Flame Red SRT-4 GT40,8.5:1 Built Shortblock, Brian Crower Stage 2 Cams, etc etc etc...

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #940 Previous topic | Next topic