Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #9105
View in linear mode

Subject: "Starting to miss the stock look" Previous topic | Next topic
fasterGSMay-01-02 07:18 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3879 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#9105, "Starting to miss the stock look"

ive been looking at some old pics and am starting to miss how my car used to look. I am seriously contemplating taking the springs off, stripping the tint and leaving it like that. What do you think?

after I bought it:

as it sits no sig pic)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Starting to miss the stock look, The1Bill, May-01-02 07:28 PM, #1
RE: Starting to miss the stock look, fasterGS, May-01-02 07:33 PM, #2
      RE: Starting to miss the stock look, Fast420A, May-01-02 09:27 PM, #3
           RE: Starting to miss the stock look, xEclipsE RaceRx, May-01-02 10:31 PM, #4
                RE: Starting to miss the stock look, BlitZEclipse, May-01-02 11:57 PM, #5
                     RE: Starting to miss the stock look, shuwa29, May-02-02 12:51 AM, #6
                          RE: Starting to miss the stock look, UNSpooled95GS, May-02-02 03:43 AM, #7
                               RE: Starting to miss the stock look, fauchpj, May-02-02 04:04 AM, #8
                                    RE: Starting to miss the stock look, 1TuffRS, May-02-02 04:37 AM, #9
                                         RE: Starting to miss the stock look, vegasdsmr, May-02-02 05:33 AM, #10
                                              RE: Starting to miss the stock look, Ryan_RS, May-02-02 06:18 AM, #11
                                              RE: Starting to miss the stock look, John99RS, May-02-02 06:21 AM, #12
                                                   RE: Starting to miss the stock look, jdpilot, May-02-02 10:33 AM, #13
                                                        RE: Starting to miss the stock look, fasterGS, May-02-02 12:24 PM, #14
                                                             RE: Starting to miss the stock look, thisismygs, May-02-02 01:16 PM, #15
                                                                  RE: Starting to miss the stock look, slacker911, May-02-02 05:24 PM, #16
RE: Starting to miss the stock look, slodsm, May-04-02 03:07 AM, #17
RE: Starting to miss the stock look, 97GS AT, May-05-02 03:04 PM, #18
      RE: Starting to miss the stock look, fasterGS, May-05-02 04:54 PM, #19
           RE: Starting to miss the stock look, Teameclipse804, May-06-02 08:34 PM, #20
                RE: Starting to miss the stock look, xEclipsE RaceRx, May-06-02 10:23 PM, #21
                     RE: Starting to miss the stock look, thisismygs, May-07-02 05:23 AM, #22
                          RE: Starting to miss the stock look, fasterGS, May-07-02 02:17 PM, #23
                               RE: Starting to miss the stock look, Mystic511, May-07-02 10:55 PM, #24
                                    RE: Starting to miss the stock look, fasterGS, May-08-02 04:50 AM, #25
                                         RE: Starting to miss the stock look, engine5, May-11-02 09:20 AM, #26
                                              RE: Starting to miss the stock look, 9D9 MITSU RS, May-12-02 05:49 PM, #27

The1BillMay-01-02 07:28 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2292 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#9106, "RE: Starting to miss the stock look"
In response to Reply # 0

Nah, man, it looks so much more sleek now. I bet it handles better too. I like how your car looks. Nice and clean.
-=B-=

Dude, Boeing called. They want their wing back.

Dark0ne95: There is a butthole on that girl that his going to feel the wrath of 23 yeras of worldwide hate.
Me: Can I put that in my sig?
Dark0ne95: GO right fucking ahead.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

fasterGSMay-01-02 07:33 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3879 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#9107, "RE: Starting to miss the stock look"
In response to Reply # 1

Whoops, shoulda been in the Interior/exterior. Sorry guys, its late and I think I am too tired to sleep.

Fast420AMay-01-02 09:27 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4370 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#9108, "RE: Starting to miss the stock look"
In response to Reply # 2

Pfftt. . . Change it back, hahahaha!!! Nice joke bro!

________________________________________________________________________________________
current status - No 3rd Gear synchro

http://hometown.aol.com/ohshootuhh/
www.Fast420A.com

Flame Red SRT-4 GT40,8.5:1 Built Shortblock, Brian Crower Stage 2 Cams, etc etc etc...

xEclipsE RaceRxMay-01-02 10:31 PM
Member since Jan 09th 2002
2982 posts,
#9109, "RE: Starting to miss the stock look"
In response to Reply # 3

Well I will take yur springs and yur EVO exhaust if its cheap

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 10th Anniversary OZ Edition
Check Out My Site For Mods And Pix
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/EclipseRaceR/Site/Intro.htm

2002 Subaru Impreza WRX

BlitZEclipseMay-01-02 11:57 PM
Member since Dec 03rd 2001
320 posts,
#9110, "RE: Starting to miss the stock look"
In response to Reply # 4

Leave it as is. Your car is awesome

shuwa29May-02-02 12:51 AM
Member since Mar 15th 2002
2301 posts,
#9111, "RE: Starting to miss the stock look"
In response to Reply # 5

hey, i'm glad my car is not stock looking anymore. 14 inch wheels, baige interior, no power accessories! hell no, i'm not going back to that. besides, how can i pick up chicks if it looks stock?
later

2GNT #1865
2006 Yamaha YZF R6 (Blue/Black)
2005 Honda CBR 600 RR (Blue REPSOL)
2003 BMW 325I Premium/Sport Package
2003 Honda CBR 600 RR (sold)
1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS (sold)
Shuwa's links:
http://www.facebook.com/Shuwa29
http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b50/shuwa29/

DarkOne> but we all have that inner ricer that is just dying to come out sometimes...

UNSpooled95GSMay-02-02 03:43 AM
Old School 2GNTer
234 posts,
#9112, "RE: Starting to miss the stock look"
In response to Reply # 6

I hear what he is saying.Sometimes I wonder what drives me to modify my car, and I wonder why I can't just drive it and leave it alone like evryone else, but then Ibuy a new part and then I remember.

Green 95 GS 5-speed
Engine--PCP cold air intake,Greddy header,Accel 8mm wires,OBX custom exhuast.

Suspension/Brakes--Sprint 2' springs, KYB Gr2's, EBC Red Stuff pads,17" Konig Traffiks (silver), 215/45/17 Yokohama AVS ES100's, 15 dollar camber kit.

fauchpjMay-02-02 04:04 AM
Donating 2GNT member
4784 posts,
#9113, "RE: Starting to miss the stock look"
In response to Reply # 7

if you had to change anything, just change the rims back to oz.

i like the way stock rims look lowered

but you dont need to change anything cause it looks good

1TuffRSMay-02-02 04:37 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2338 posts,
#9114, "RE: Starting to miss the stock look"
In response to Reply # 8

everyone else has been nice about it so Im gonna be blunt. Are you fucking crazy??? Your car looks very clean and to change it back to stock would be a shame

Toney
'97 RS 5 Speed (totaled)
15.4606@88.42 Mph
96 Toyota Celica GT
88 Toyota Supra NA-T (w/ sports package)
Got Boost?? Hell yeah I-6 turbo powah baby!

vegasdsmrMay-02-02 05:33 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4713 posts,
#9115, "RE: Starting to miss the stock look"
In response to Reply # 9

ya, meng, what u been smokin?? she looks pimp... much betta than stock...

now if u are gettin too much attention, i can understand, but fak all that.....

take a deep breath, and make your decision...

03 srt-4 13.130@112.47mph (n2o, stock turbo, 10/2003)
now: 20g, portfueler, bpu+++ (track/dyno times tbd...)

i farted on your wiki

Ryan_HesMay-02-02 06:18 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3450 posts,
#9116, "RE: Starting to miss the stock look"
In response to Reply # 10

I hope this is a joke.... Unless you tired of scraping, or are having problems with people keying it or something, leave it how it is. Looks great

Ryan
IRyanHester@Hotmail.com

'03 Mazda 6s

John99RSMay-02-02 06:21 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1191 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#9117, "RE: Starting to miss the stock look"
In response to Reply # 10

Leave it be man....looks great!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3130861

jdpilotMay-02-02 10:33 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1128 posts,
#9118, "RE: Starting to miss the stock look"
In response to Reply # 12

I think he has pinstripe withdrawal syndrome...

Second Place "Sanford Sound SLAP 2005" Mild 2-Door
http://www.sanfordsound.com/carwash2005.htm
Second Place "Scrapefest 2002" 2nd Gen Mild
1995 GS AT, 97-99 Conversion.
2000 BMW Z3 2.8
1999 Chevy K2500 crew cab
5 jets skis, 3 snowmobiles, 2 ATVs. BRAAP!
Member # 1147

fasterGSMay-02-02 12:24 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3879 posts,
#9119, "RE: Starting to miss the stock look"
In response to Reply # 13

>I think he has pinstripe withdrawal syndrome...

That's it!! That explains everything!!

thisismygsMay-02-02 01:16 PM
Old School 2GNTer
730 posts,
#9120, "RE: Starting to miss the stock look"
In response to Reply # 14

i honestly don't think you should. i think you have one of the cleanest rides on here. seriously. i love the drop, you rims look perfect, and the body is dope. what else. i agree with ryan; i could understand if you're tired of scraping (that's what i first thought when i read your post), but as far as missing what it used to look like... i think it looks great now!

dgonzalez52@yahoo.com

slacker911May-02-02 05:24 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1149 posts,
#9121, "RE: Starting to miss the stock look"
In response to Reply # 15

I wish I still had a stock car every so often but kinda late for me to go back plus then I would never get any compliments on how good it is coming along lol.

Slacker Motorsports
Some stuff......

slodsmMay-04-02 03:07 AM
Donating 2GNT member
293 posts,
#9122, "RE: Starting to miss the stock look"
In response to Reply # 0

Definately not man, Your car is sweet as hell. I hope you were like drunk when you thought if this lol.

Gone but not forgotten.....
1998 Eagle Talon ESI, built and boosted 14.2@98
1992 Eagle Talon TSI AWD12.91@104
1992 Honda Hatch swapped and sprayed14.0@108

97GS ATMay-05-02 03:04 PM
Old School 2GNTer
814 posts,
#9123, "RE: Starting to miss the stock look"
In response to Reply # 17

The red ENkei wheel caps look good on your wheels!
Ken

5zigen rearsection/Cherrybomb glasspack resonator/Apex'i
cone intake/AFX UDP/Fidanza cam gears/Power Stop cross drill rotors(front)/shunk2 coilover/Koni adjustable (front)/KYB struts(rear)Konig V-racing front bar/Enkei RSF2 17" with Kumho/ Nakayama
projectors /APC Clear tail light and interior mods

Ken

5zigen rearsection/Cherrybomb glasspack resonator/Bosal header/injen short ram intake/ported TB/AFX UDP/Fidanza cam gears/Power Stop cross drill rotors(fron

fasterGSMay-05-02 04:54 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3879 posts,
#9124, "RE: Starting to miss the stock look"
In response to Reply # 18

Not bad.. they look pink in certain lights but I like em. BTW thanks for the hookup!

Teameclipse804May-06-02 08:34 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5174 posts,
#9125, "RE: Starting to miss the stock look"
In response to Reply # 19

Ya your car looks good, I also sometimes wish I had stock paint and body. Less stuff to worry about...

2004 WRX - WR Blue Pearl
1997 Eclipse GS - Royal Sapphire Pearl

xEclipsE RaceRxMay-06-02 10:23 PM
Member since Jan 09th 2002
2982 posts,
#9126, "RE: Starting to miss the stock look"
In response to Reply # 20

Are those rims 18s?

Check Out My Site For Mods And Pix
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/EclipseRaceR/Site/Intro.htm

2002 Subaru Impreza WRX

thisismygsMay-07-02 05:23 AM
Old School 2GNTer
730 posts,
#9127, "RE: Starting to miss the stock look"
In response to Reply # 21

17" Enkei CDR-9

dgonzalez52@yahoo.com

fasterGSMay-07-02 02:17 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3879 posts,
#9128, "RE: Starting to miss the stock look"
In response to Reply # 22

Thank you...

Mystic511May-07-02 10:55 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1582 posts,
#9129, "RE: Starting to miss the stock look"
In response to Reply # 23

dude, your car sucks, put it back to stock. it's shameful.

16.1 @ 87.11
http://www.virtuallyinfamous.com

ARD 57mm tb and p&p manifold, Neuspeed STB, Pro-kits, Illuminas, Injen CAI with K&N, 2.5" pacesetter catback,
AF/X UDP, Rear STB, Powerslot rotors, RRE SS Brakelines.

fasterGSMay-08-02 04:50 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3879 posts,
#9130, "RE: Starting to miss the stock look"
In response to Reply # 24

Yeah well at least I aint waitin for the flood!!!

engine5May-11-02 09:20 AM
Member since Mar 09th 2002
68 posts,
#9131, "RE: Starting to miss the stock look"
In response to Reply # 25

NNNOOO!! i think you siht looks awesome(my wife even likes it:))
don't do it would be a shame after if looks that good. plus the rims set it all off

9D9 MITSU RSMay-12-02 05:49 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6845 posts,
#9132, "RE: Starting to miss the stock look"
In response to Reply # 26

I had the biggest case of pinstripe withdrawal. I took them off. Now look what I have on the sides!

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #9105 Previous topic | Next topic