Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #896
View in linear mode

Subject: "Please i need help" Previous topic | Next topic
rajzillaFeb-23-01 09:45 AM
Old School 2GNTer
36 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#896, "Please i need help"

what up guys...
Wow...You guys are truly the bomb on the message board...it's my first time here and i have seen so many topics covered that always puzzled me...I'm having a problem with my suspension. I have a 97 Talon with eibach springs...17 inch Tsw vx1's with pirelli p7000 supersport tires 45zr/225? My tires have completely worn out, when thye should of lasted way longer. The inside of all 4 tires are completly bald, while the outsides of the tires are almost new! The front tires are the worst! They're worn down the metal threading! Anways i was told i needed a camber kit...what kit would you recommend? I was also told that my shocks were finished. What shocks would you recommend to replace my stock ones..that would compliment my springs and new camber kit? Do shocks help lower the car even more or do they just give you a stiffer ride? Lastly are my tires too wide 225? Please reply ...especially CYAN or j99! Anyways i need the message boards help big time...you can check out my web sita at http://rajzilla.dsmpower.com I have alot of mods to the exterior that you could give me feedback on...
thanks alot
raj mehra

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Please i need help, John99RS, Feb-23-01 11:41 AM, #1
RE: Please i need help, rajzilla, Feb-23-01 12:44 PM, #2
      Shocks, Skrilla, Feb-23-01 03:02 PM, #3
      RE: Shocks, rajzilla, Feb-23-01 03:47 PM, #4
           RE: Shocks, Skrilla, Feb-27-01 12:00 PM, #8
      RE: Please i need help, John99RS, Feb-25-01 09:14 AM, #5
           RE: Please i need help, rajzilla, Feb-25-01 12:53 PM, #6
                RE: Please i need help, John99RS, Feb-25-01 02:30 PM, #7

John99RSFeb-23-01 11:41 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1191 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#897, "RE: Please i need help"
In response to Reply # 0

Well man, sounds like you definately need some camber kits there. I'll tell you what I have and you can go from there ok.
I have Eibach Pro Kit springs(1.3" drop), Tokico non-adjustable shocks(blue ones), Road/Race Engineering rear camber kits(+2 degrees) and Eibach/Specialty Products front camber kits(adjusted to +3/4 of a degree). Now the springs with these shocks actually lowered it 1.5 inches. Since I couldn't get it alligned within specs I added the camber kits. After installing these kits, the rear kept the factory negative camber, but the front still had a slight negative camber. To correct this, I adjusted the toe slightly to compensate for it. I have had this setup for 12,000 miles now and the tires are wearing perfectly. During this time I had the tires rotated and balanced twice.

rear kit: RRE (www.roadraceengineering.com) $40
front kits: NOPI (www.nopi.com) $70 ($35 each side)

....you may have to call both places.

Hope this info helps. Later...and welcome to the board

John
john99rs@hotmail.com
http://johnseclipse.homestead.com

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3130861

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

rajzillaFeb-23-01 12:44 PM
Old School 2GNTer
36 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#898, "RE: Please i need help"
In response to Reply # 1

Thanks alot john99rs,
that really helped..the guy at the garage who recommended me to get the camber kit said it would cost me around 350 american just for the parts...thanks to you i know i can get the camber combo for around 100 bucks. It sounds like it'll be hard to do all those adjustments...i'm gonna print what you wrote to me and take it to another mechanic friend of mine to see if he knows how to adjust the kits i will get...are they easy to install and adjust? How much were your shocks?
raj

SkrillaFeb-23-01 03:02 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1868 posts,
#899, "Shocks"
In response to Reply # 2

Koni Yellow
Tokico Illuminas 5-way
KYB GAB
KYB AGX 4-way
KYB GR-2
Tokico Non Adjustable

I put these in the order of best to worst IMO. The GAB's are harsh and they are all slightly stiffer than stock but VERY GOOD. The Illuminas are more rough than the Stock Shocks on their weakest setting but adjustable for dampening and compression. The AGX are very similar at less money by about 50-100 bucks depending on where you go. Some people don't like the Tokicos but they are warranteed for LIFE and are the most adjustable for the setup you're looking for with your Eibach springs. All the shocks here are good, high performance pieces. If you are looking for the top of the line shocks they are the Konis but aren't as adjustable like the Illimunas even if re-valved. You can talk to several guys about their handling, but I find the Illimunas to be the best of both worlds in high performance and adjustability. In any case I mention these shocks to fit with your springs, you may want to consider the True Complete Coilover Kits. The good ones start at about $1200 but this is to give you some options.

Skrilla
'97 Base Talon NA
"Technology is the Only Substitute for Displacment"
"Peace and Turbo Grease"

*Skrilla
"Honest officer, I thought you were trying to race me"
Talon: 1st 2.4L
'97 Prelude
'04 350Z

Originally posted by YourInMyMirror95GS
dick teaser's should be rounded up and shot in the forehead
Originally posted by etx
Good luck man! Project 'STFU Brian your talon is dead meat' should be on it's feet soon!
Originally posted by Dark0ne
Thanks. Now excuse me while i fuck your sister.
"fuck all motor" -turbo ate you

rajzillaFeb-23-01 03:47 PM
Old School 2GNTer
36 posts,
#900, "RE: Shocks"
In response to Reply # 3

Scrillaaaaaaah.....Scrillaaaaaaahhhh...

what up dude...
thanks for that info...I think i like the tokicko's ...guaranteed for life! So if they start leaking i get new ones?
What is the price difference between the adjustables and the non adjustables?
raj

SkrillaFeb-27-01 12:00 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1868 posts,
#901, "RE: Shocks"
In response to Reply # 4

LAST EDITED ON 27-Feb-01 AT 05:01 PM (PST)

between 100 and 200 dollars.

Skrilla
'97 Base Talon NA
"Technology: The Only Replacement for Displacement"
"Peace and Turbo Grease"

*Skrilla
"Honest officer, I thought you were trying to race me"
Talon: 1st 2.4L
'97 Prelude
'04 350Z

Originally posted by YourInMyMirror95GS
dick teaser's should be rounded up and shot in the forehead
Originally posted by etx
Good luck man! Project 'STFU Brian your talon is dead meat' should be on it's feet soon!
Originally posted by Dark0ne
Thanks. Now excuse me while i fuck your sister.
"fuck all motor" -turbo ate you

John99RSFeb-25-01 09:14 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1191 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#902, "RE: Please i need help"
In response to Reply # 2

The install of the kits isn't really all that bad, just time consuming. The rear kit is actually just some spacers and longer bolts that bring the upper control arms out from the body, hence the +2 degrees(non adjustable). The front kits are a bit harder. You have to remove the upper control arms. Then rmove the brackets that hold them to the shock tower. The hard part is knocking the stock bushings out of these brackets...a bitch I might add, you'll need a hammer. Then just replace the bushings with the new ones. The new ones are actually adjustable to +/- 3/4 of a degree....they have an offset hole in them, but since you'll have negative camber, you'll need to adjust it out to the full +3/4 of a degree. This all makes more sense when you are looking at the parts. Good luck

John
john99rs@hotmail.com

rajzillaFeb-25-01 12:53 PM
Old School 2GNTer
36 posts,
#903, "RE: Please i need help"
In response to Reply # 5

thanks alot for all the advice...i'm gonna show these recommendations to one of my friends who's a mechanic and see if he can make sense out of it...
raj

John99RSFeb-25-01 02:30 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1191 posts,
#904, "RE: Please i need help"
In response to Reply # 6

No problem man.....let me know how it goes.

John
john99rs@hotmail.com

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #896 Previous topic | Next topic