Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #8910
View in linear mode

Subject: "3 front upper strut tower barz??" Previous topic | Next topic
vegasdsmrApr-24-02 10:32 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4713 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8910, "3 front upper strut tower barz??"

ya, i was lookin at my pretty engine bay, and i started to wonder. you know how peeps sumtimes say that their strut bar covers the oil cap, and some go over the intake mani. well, look at my sig. mine goes over the intake mani. im wunderin if it would be possible to get one that ccovers the oil cap, and slap it ontop of the other one and run three bars up top, in front???

just an idea. the only problems i see is that the nuts wont fit back on the bolts on the strut mounting plate...

ideas and feedback appreciated, tia

03 srt-4 13.130@112.47mph (n2o, stock turbo, 10/2003)
now: 20g, portfueler, bpu+++ (track/dyno times tbd...)

i farted on your wiki

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: 3 front upper strut tower barz??, GorkoRacing, Apr-25-02 01:18 AM, #1
RE: 3 front upper strut tower barz??, damasta, Apr-25-02 08:18 AM, #2
      RE: 3 front upper strut tower barz??, HadesOmega, Apr-25-02 07:24 PM, #3
           RE: 3 front upper strut tower barz??, proDMD, Apr-26-02 03:29 AM, #4
                RE: 3 front upper strut tower barz??, Hurricane_GS, Apr-27-02 01:22 AM, #5
                     RE: 3 front upper strut tower barz??, GorkoRacing, Apr-27-02 05:11 AM, #6
                     RE: 3 front upper strut tower barz??, ModeratorEvuLFleA, Apr-27-02 05:21 AM, #7
                     RE: front upper strut tower bar, Moderatorjuan, May-07-02 11:52 AM, #8
                          RE: front upper strut tower bar, Hurricane_GS, May-07-02 12:50 PM, #9
                               RE: front upper strut tower bar, vegasdsmr, May-07-02 04:52 PM, #10
                               RE: front upper strut tower bar, GorkoRacing, May-08-02 12:08 AM, #11
                               RE: front upper strut tower bar, Moderatorjuan, May-08-02 05:31 AM, #12

GorkoRacingApr-25-02 01:18 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1757 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8911, "RE: 3 front upper strut tower barz??"
In response to Reply # 0

I've wondered that too but I dont think if you put another one over it it will have enough clearance. Plus you would have to cut the bracets so they could fit around where they come up on the other strutbar. I wasthinking more like the neuspeed one. There is another set of bolts in front just like the back ones you put the neuspeed on. Glenn might be able to fabricate a bar to go across here.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

damastaApr-25-02 08:18 AM
Member since Dec 16th 2001
302 posts,
#8912, "RE: 3 front upper strut tower barz??"
In response to Reply # 1

I don't know that you would want that much rigidity between the 2 front strut towers. There is such a thing as too much of a good thing. I dunno.

Coo'
alex_ries@hotmail.com

Coo'
alex_ries@hotmail.com

HadesOmegaApr-25-02 07:24 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4529 posts,
#8913, "RE: 3 front upper strut tower barz??"
In response to Reply # 2

wahahaha we have enough understeer already. Hehe get the tsudo double bar strut tower bar.

http://www.hadesomega.info -car specz and movies 95 Eclipse RS | 76' 280Z | 89' MR2 | 99 Neon | 91 Zephyr
Who sez FF can't drift?

proDMDApr-26-02 03:29 AM
Old School 2GNTer
580 posts,
#8914, "RE: 3 front upper strut tower barz??"
In response to Reply # 3

mine hits the hood a little aready in 2 spots..geez I would need to get a hood scoup for my strut bar(s) hehe

AFX/UDP,AEM,AF/X 55mm TB,50 shot of NOS,Glenn's short shifter,17" tantrum,prokit KYB AGX,JL stealthbox sony headunit,audiobahn amp,M3 style mirrors,Blue leds,yellow fogs,reverse ind,w

Hurricane_GSApr-27-02 01:22 AM
Old School 2GNTer
613 posts,
#8915, "RE: 3 front upper strut tower barz??"
In response to Reply # 4

Or you could just be paitient as I might be designing a bad ass upper front tie bar!

"Don't worry, I'm fluent in weirdo."
Hurricane_GS
eclipse@gcni.net
AKA: Glenn H. Shelton III
Saint Cloud, FL
1997 Eclipse GS Non-Turbo
http://eclipse.greenliquid.com
---------------------
Front Upper Strut Bar
Rear Upper Strut Bar
Custom Lower Front Tie Bar
Custom Lower Rear Tie Bar
AEM Cold Air Intake
Pace Setter Muffler
Custom Short Shifter (Only $40 - Email me for info! eclipse@gcni.net)
Smoke Tinted Clear Tail Lights
Custom Illuminated Center Tail
Tokico Blues
Eibach Pro Kit
Neuspeed Front Strut Bar

On the way:
Indiglo Needles

Hurricane_GS
Saint Cloud, FL
eclipse@greenliquid.com
http://www.hurricanegs.com

GorkoRacingApr-27-02 05:11 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1757 posts,
#8916, "RE: 3 front upper strut tower barz??"
In response to Reply # 5

I figured Glenn was all over it

ModeratorEvuLFleAApr-27-02 05:21 AM
Old School 2GNTer
9791 posts,
#8917, "RE: 3 front upper strut tower barz??"
In response to Reply # 6

Exactly what Hades said......

Why not get some big ass sway bars or just save for that damn turbo kit.

------------------------------------------------
98 ESi
95 GS

ModeratorjuanMay-07-02 11:52 AM
Donating 2GNT member
817 posts,
#8918, "RE: front upper strut tower bar"
In response to Reply # 5

>Or you could just be paitient as I might be designing a bad
>ass upper front tie bar!
>

One thing I would really like to see is a properly triangulated upper front STB. Connection accross the strut towers, and supplemental bars that angle back to meet and also bolt to the firewall. The third item from the top at this link shows the general idea:

This is also what is referred to in the 2G Turn Harder page in section 8: http://home1.gte.net/macross/2GTurn.Html

juan

Hurricane_GSMay-07-02 12:50 PM
Old School 2GNTer
613 posts,
#8919, "RE: front upper strut tower bar"
In response to Reply # 8

That is what I was looking at doing. I have not had much time in the way of R&D as I have been building the lowers, but I will come up with something.

Hey Juan, did you get any of my emails?

"Don't worry, I'm fluent in weirdo."
Hurricane_GS
eclipse@gcni.net
Saint Cloud, FL
http://eclipse.greenliquid.com
---------------------
Front Upper Strut Bar
Rear Upper Strut Bar
Custom Lower Front Tie Bar
Custom Lower Rear Tie Bar
AEM Cold Air Intake
Pace Setter Muffler
Custom Short Shifter (Only $40 - Email me for info! eclipse@gcni.net)
Smoke Tinted Clear Tail Lights
Custom Illuminated Center Tail
Tokico Blues
Eibach Pro Kit
Neuspeed Front Strut Bar

On the way:
Indiglo Needles

Hurricane_GS
Saint Cloud, FL
eclipse@greenliquid.com
http://www.hurricanegs.com

vegasdsmrMay-07-02 04:52 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4713 posts,
#8920, "RE: front upper strut tower bar"
In response to Reply # 9

is the firewall gunna be able to support any flex tho??

i was thinkin more along the lines of tying all 3 mounting points together on both sides (strut tower, spot where nuespeed bar goes, and similar bolt infront of strut tower)

i think if the strut mounting plate bolts were longer, i could fit in a second one on top of it (one that goes over the oil cap).. i may just pick one up on ebay to see if it werx..

good luck, and im waitin for my bars 'Cane (patiently)

03 srt-4 13.130@112.47mph (n2o, stock turbo, 10/2003)
now: 20g, portfueler, bpu+++ (track/dyno times tbd...)

i farted on your wiki

GorkoRacingMay-08-02 12:08 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1757 posts,
#8921, "RE: front upper strut tower bar"
In response to Reply # 10

I'm not sure if there would be enough clearance for that Sean. But lemme know if you do it and what the results were.

ModeratorjuanMay-08-02 05:31 AM
Donating 2GNT member
817 posts,
#8922, "RE: front upper strut tower bar"
In response to Reply # 9

>Hey Juan, did you get any of my emails?
>

Maybe? I get quite a lot of email, and do lose track of things sometimes. Best thing is to probably resend them (and via regular email, not the board's message service).

juan

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #8910 Previous topic | Next topic