Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #883
View in linear mode

Subject: "Two front STB's" Previous topic | Next topic
RyaN95i4Feb-23-01 05:55 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2152 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#883, "Two front STB's"

Hey guys, just added a second front STB

steering response feels great with both bars, i dont know about body flex, havent pushed it yet.

i want to eventually polish the new bar, but that can wait. the blue bar is a Pilot MotorSports bar (bent to clear the avengers lower hood and the the other bar is the neuspeed bar, listed for the turbo eclipse

www.groundfloormotorsports.com

95 Avenger
ATX->MTX Swap
Holset HX40 @ 26 psi

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Two front STB's, HadesOmega, Feb-23-01 08:59 AM, #1
RE: Two front STB's, TeamMichael_97RS, Feb-23-01 10:53 AM, #3
RE: Two front STB's, TeamJasonESi_T, Feb-23-01 09:39 AM, #2
RE: Two front STB's, RyaN95i4, Feb-23-01 11:22 AM, #4
heheheh. I thought that bar was familiar, Armond30, Feb-23-01 12:23 PM, #5
      RE: heheheh. I thought that bar was familiar, RyaN95i4, Feb-23-01 12:31 PM, #6
RE: Two front STB's, Skrilla, Feb-23-01 02:45 PM, #7
      RE: Two front STB's, Moderatorsd_eclipse, Feb-26-01 03:23 AM, #8
           RE: Two front STB's, RyaN95i4, Feb-26-01 06:22 AM, #9
                RE: Two front STB's, Moderatorsd_eclipse, Feb-26-01 08:41 AM, #10
                     RE: Two front STB's, RyaN95i4, Feb-26-01 10:28 AM, #11
                          RE: Two front STB's, Armond30, Feb-28-01 04:22 PM, #12

HadesOmegaFeb-23-01 08:59 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4529 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#884, "RE: Two front STB's"
In response to Reply # 0

Umm that's pretty cool, how do you install that second one? How much did the second one cost also. Looks like a neat little project. Ohyeah what's that little filter looking thingy for in that one picture.

http://www.hadesomega.info -car specz and movies 95 Eclipse RS | 76' 280Z | 89' MR2 | 99 Neon | 91 Zephyr
Who sez FF can't drift?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TeamMichael_97RSFeb-23-01 10:53 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
#885, "RE: Two front STB's"
In response to Reply # 1

It's K&N Breather filter after the PCV valve. I have the same set up. Keeps hot air and oil out of the intake.

"To strive to seek to find... and not to yield."
Michael J. Kulaga
Michael_97RS@2gntDSM.zzn.com
aol IM: MJKulga
http://highlander.dsmpower.com/

Firefly:
Mal: You don't know me, son, so let me put this to you plainly: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me. And you'll be armed.

TeamJasonESi_TFeb-23-01 09:39 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3107 posts,
#886, "RE: Two front STB's"
In response to Reply # 0

Nice setup Ryan.

Did you come up with that idea yourself? Can oyou tell a noticeable difference when you only had one?

I'm impressed. I'm sure many of the handling fanatics here will jump on it!

Jason
98' Eagle Talon ESi-T
Mitsu Super 16g Turbo(HRC)

http://springfielddsm.homestead.com/JasonsPics.html

04' BMW 325Ci
91' Nissan 240SX
98' Eagle Talon ESi (sold)

RyaN95i4Feb-23-01 11:22 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2152 posts,
#887, "RE: Two front STB's"
In response to Reply # 2

LAST EDITED ON 23-Feb-01 AT 04:26 PM (PST)

Like Micheal said, breather for the pcv.

I got the idea when i first got the Neuspeed bar. because of the avengers lower hood, in order to get a conventional style STB you either had to have the bar pressure bent or cut the support frame of the hood. Then someone in ASOG came across the Neuspeed Eclipse Turbo bar, which bolts to the suspension anchor point behind the strut towers, no modification needed. So i figured there was still the option of getting a regular STB modded to fit in.

Another asog member (shant, turboed black i4 venge) hooked me up with his old STB and i was finally able to test out my idea.

I honestly didnt expect much of a noticeable difference when i added the pilot bar (the blue one in the pics), but on my first drive out i noticed steering response was noticeable improved. the steering feeling reminded me of my friends s2000 and type r (two hondas that defintitely have it going for them in the handling dept.)

I havent pushed the car really, so im not sure how much this will aid in body flex, but i didnt have much before tho:)

As far as costs, Ive seen the conventional type STBs go for anywhere from $30 on ebay up to $120 or so. Neuspeed has stopped production of the turbo eclipse bar, and asog members wiped out there remaining stock, but some places still have them on their shelves and ive seen it for $90-$130

both bars take 5-10 min to install

95 Avenger
ATX->MTX Swap
Holset HX40 @ 26 psi

Armond30Feb-23-01 12:23 PM
Old School 2GNTer
161 posts,
#888, "heheheh. I thought that bar was familiar"
In response to Reply # 4

hope you like it. I was wondering when somebody else was going to go double bar .

have fun!

RyaN95i4Feb-23-01 12:31 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2152 posts,
#889, "RE: heheheh. I thought that bar was familiar"
In response to Reply # 5

hehe, i remember when we had that conversation about double bars

i had to wait till i could get a bent bar (recognize that bar? hehe, you bent it way back when for shant. i just took the pilot sticker of )

so now i have ties with two of the baddest avengers in the US lol

95 Avenger
ATX->MTX Swap
Holset HX40 @ 26 psi

SkrillaFeb-23-01 02:45 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1868 posts,
#890, "RE: Two front STB's"
In response to Reply # 2

>I'm impressed. I'm sure many of the
>handling fanatics here will jump on it!

Like Me

Skrilla
'97 Base Talon NA
"Technology is the Only Substitute for Displacment"
"Peace and Turbo Grease"

*Skrilla
"Honest officer, I thought you were trying to race me"
Talon: 1st 2.4L
'97 Prelude
'04 350Z

Originally posted by YourInMyMirror95GS
dick teaser's should be rounded up and shot in the forehead
Originally posted by etx
Good luck man! Project 'STFU Brian your talon is dead meat' should be on it's feet soon!
Originally posted by Dark0ne
Thanks. Now excuse me while i fuck your sister.
"fuck all motor" -turbo ate you

Moderatorsd_eclipseFeb-26-01 03:23 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1543 posts,
#891, "RE: Two front STB's"
In response to Reply # 7

looks like the neuspeed bar fits pretty good on the avenger.
Rya, How close is the bar to the brake fluid container? I myself have the neuspeed bar and had to space the container out a little to be able to remove the cover if needed. I also think the washer fluid res. is in the way for an nt eclipse. I removed mine before i installed the bar so im not completly sure.

RyaN95i4Feb-26-01 06:22 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2152 posts,
#892, "RE: Two front STB's"
In response to Reply # 8

the neuspeed bar came with spacers for the brake resevoir, and if you really care, you need to get spacers for the washer fluid resevoir. i never use the windshield washer, so i didnt bothe

95 Avenger
ATX->MTX Swap
Holset HX40 @ 26 psi

Moderatorsd_eclipseFeb-26-01 08:41 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1543 posts,
#893, "RE: Two front STB's"
In response to Reply # 9

hmm, my bar didn't come with the spacers. Might be because i said it was going on a gs-t. They probably just throw in the spacers when ordering the bar for an NT. I dont use the windshield washers either. In fact in taking the car to the body shop soon to have both washer nozzles on the hood and the one on rear hatch filled in. I might pull the rear wiper off and have them fill that hole in also. Not quite sure yet.

RyaN95i4Feb-26-01 10:28 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2152 posts,
#894, "RE: Two front STB's"
In response to Reply # 10

mine was listed for a turbo. maybe they started throwing the spacers in later after they heard some feedback or something...

95 Avenger
ATX->MTX Swap
Holset HX40 @ 26 psi

Armond30Feb-28-01 04:22 PM
Old School 2GNTer
161 posts,
#895, "RE: Two front STB's"
In response to Reply # 11

all the bars are packed the same. they are all designed for the GS-T. if it didn't come with spacers, I woudl demand them. they are supposed to be in the bag with the instructions.

have fun!

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #883 Previous topic | Next topic