Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 4 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #875
View in linear mode

Subject: "A small favor to the uninstalled coilover guys...." Previous topic | Next topic
KahnFeb-23-01 02:14 AM
Old School 2GNTer
431 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#875, "A small favor to the uninstalled coilover guys...."

Hey could you guys measure how high your springs are - just the springs - do not include any caps or sleeves - mine are only 4.5" doesn't that seem a little short??? NO JOKES Thanks guys.

2003 VW GTI 1.8t.. I used to have a 95 Eclipse but well...water sucks.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: A small favor to the uninstalled coilover guys...., Teamicjeclipse, Feb-23-01 06:52 AM, #1
Woah!!! I guess mine were designed to be used with the stock perches, Kahn, Feb-23-01 08:02 AM, #2
      RE: Woah!!! I guess mine were designed to be used with the stock perches, cyan, Feb-23-01 08:08 AM, #3
           RE: Woah!!! I guess mine were designed to be used with the stock perches, vector_racing, Feb-24-01 08:50 AM, #4
                RE: Woah!!! I guess mine were designed to be used with the stock perches, Kahn, Feb-24-01 04:27 PM, #5
                     RE: Woah!!! I guess mine were designed to be used with the stock perches, cyan, Feb-24-01 07:52 PM, #6
                          RE: Woah!!! I guess mine were designed to be used with the stock perches, vector_racing, Feb-25-01 01:41 AM, #7

TeamicjeclipseFeb-23-01 06:52 AM
Old School 2GNTer
871 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#876, "RE: A small favor to the uninstalled coilover guys...."
In response to Reply # 0

My Skunks are 7 inchs.

Ian
95 Eclipse RS
http://www.geocities.com/icjeclipse/index.html

Ian | SoCal | Former 2GNT owner |
2GNT mods & pics: www.go.to/dsmdomination |
email: icjeclipse@earthlink.net |

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

KahnFeb-23-01 08:02 AM
Old School 2GNTer
431 posts,
#877, "Woah!!! I guess mine were designed to be used with the stock perches"
In response to Reply # 1

Good thing I didn't take them off yet -I would be absolutely slammed to the ground. Do you happen to know the spring rate on the skunks - mine are 500 and 450 Pounds. thanks.

cyanFeb-23-01 08:08 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2958 posts,
#878, "RE: Woah!!! I guess mine were designed to be used with the stock perches"
In response to Reply # 2

damn 4.5 inches! are those the cheap ones you can buy off ebay with like 3 coils on them? i know my maxspeeds are about 7 inches as well and the spring rates are 572 and 472
http://www.geocities.com/blue2gnt
blue2gnt@hotmail.com AOL IM - ThreeRedDiamonds

1995 Eclipse GS - HRC Stage 2 - Retired.
2004 350z Enthusiast / 2008 Nissan Versa SL

vector_racingFeb-24-01 08:50 AM
Old School 2GNTer
393 posts,
#879, "RE: Woah!!! I guess mine were designed to be used with the stock perches"
In response to Reply # 3

my weapon-R's are tiny. 4.5 inchs sound about the same size as mine....It scared me at first too!

KahnFeb-24-01 04:27 PM
Old School 2GNTer
431 posts,
#880, "RE: Woah!!! I guess mine were designed to be used with the stock perches"
In response to Reply # 4

Hey just wondering if you took the perches off of your shocks when you installed them? Did anyone else with Weapon Rs take them off.

cyanFeb-24-01 07:52 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2958 posts,
#881, "RE: Woah!!! I guess mine were designed to be used with the stock perches"
In response to Reply # 5

took mine off
http://www.geocities.com/blue2gnt
blue2gnt@hotmail.com AOL IM - ThreeRedDiamonds

1995 Eclipse GS - HRC Stage 2 - Retired.
2004 350z Enthusiast / 2008 Nissan Versa SL

vector_racingFeb-25-01 01:41 AM
Old School 2GNTer
393 posts,
#882, "RE: Woah!!! I guess mine were designed to be used with the stock perches"
In response to Reply # 6

No????Was I supposed to? How do you guys get a jack under the car? I've been having my brother lift up on the fender while i put the jack under the car...But he is starting to complain about back pains...so i might only be able to use him for another year or two

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #875 Previous topic | Next topic