Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #8511
View in linear mode

Subject: "Adjusted rear drums and WOW what a difference!!" Previous topic | Next topic
TeamicjeclipseApr-09-02 02:47 PM
Old School 2GNTer
871 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8511, "Adjusted rear drums and WOW what a difference!!"

Well my brake set-up is Powerslots up front, Axxis pads, and RRE brake lines. I never thought my brakes worked that great. Whenever i would take a ride over 30 minutes and then stopped my front brakes sometimes smoked and my car always smelled hot. Also my e-brake barely worked.

Well i just now took off my rear wheels and rotor covers and i adjusted the cog to push the shoes father out. And wow what a difference. I can actually stop fast now and my pedal has a really firm feel. My e-brake is way stronger and my front brakes don't smoke.

Ian | SoCal | Former 2GNT owner |
2GNT mods & pics: www.go.to/dsmdomination |
email: icjeclipse@earthlink.net |

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Adjusted rear drums and WOW what a difference!!, eclipsekaiser, Apr-09-02 06:54 PM, #1
RE: Adjusted rear drums and WOW what a difference!!, pn0ymahal, Apr-10-02 12:01 AM, #2
      RE: How'd you do that, Semperboost, Apr-10-02 04:48 AM, #3
           RE: How'd you do that, TeamJasonESi_T, Apr-10-02 07:25 AM, #4
           RE: How'd you do that, Teamicjeclipse, Apr-10-02 03:28 PM, #5
                RE: How'd you do that, HadesOmega, Apr-10-02 05:21 PM, #6

eclipsekaiserApr-09-02 06:54 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2375 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8512, "RE: Adjusted rear drums and WOW what a difference!!"
In response to Reply # 0

really. I just experience massive brake fad while taking Eric C for a spin around Norco. Looks like either you or MArcus wil be elping me with my brake install.

Do the stainless lines do anything?

kaiser

-K-

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

pn0ymahalApr-10-02 12:01 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2621 posts,
#8513, "RE: Adjusted rear drums and WOW what a difference!!"
In response to Reply # 1

my friend put it on his gst 95 and he said, it feels much better it stops harder or so...

Michael 99gs
Boost It!
Mods:
no time to put in yet: s-fmu,injectors, and crane ignition.
Hrc Stage 2
Greddy Type S Bov
VC-2
Road Race Catch Can
Greddy Profec B & Switch
Apexi WS Catback
Super Afc
Autometer Boost,
Egt,Tranny Temp Gauge & Cooler
Air/Fuel Light & Digital
Tokico Adjust Struts
Eibach Pro Kit Springs
Front & Rear Upper Bar
CarCraft Interior
Sound System= Bring it On

Michael
99gs hrc stage 5000 SOLD...
2004 Honda Accord V6 (240 hp)stock
what other car should i buy?? hmmm
Car info & pictures at http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/520269

SemperboostApr-10-02 04:48 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1072 posts,
#8514, "RE: How'd you do that"
In response to Reply # 2

How do you get the drum cover off...I've been wanting to change out my drums but it's just too hard. Also what cog did yo uadjust..thanks

ALvin

Alvin

http://www.cardomain.com/id/96rst

TeamJasonESi_TApr-10-02 07:25 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3107 posts,
#8515, "RE: How'd you do that"
In response to Reply # 3

Make sure you disengage the parking brake so you can remove the drum cover. When I was doing my disc conversion, I forgot to plug my brain in and forgot to disengage the parking brake. It was nearly impossible to remove the drums. Then all of the sudden, I realized my ignorance. Using a long 10mm (head size) bolt should help assist in their removal.

04' BMW 325Ci
91' Nissan 240SX
98' Eagle Talon ESi (sold)

TeamicjeclipseApr-10-02 03:28 PM
Old School 2GNTer
871 posts,
#8516, "RE: How'd you do that"
In response to Reply # 3

i think it is 8mm threads to take the drum off. There is really only one cog that i know of, it is on the top section inside the brakes.

Ian | SoCal | Former 2GNT owner |
2GNT mods & pics: www.go.to/dsmdomination |
email: icjeclipse@earthlink.net |

HadesOmegaApr-10-02 05:21 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4529 posts,
#8517, "RE: How'd you do that"
In response to Reply # 5

you can adjust the parking brake through the adjustment nut under the center console...

http://www.hadesomega.info -car specz and movies 95 Eclipse RS | 76' 280Z | 89' MR2 | 99 Neon | 91 Zephyr
Who sez FF can't drift?

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #8511 Previous topic | Next topic