Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #838
View in linear mode

Subject: "tire sizes???" Previous topic | Next topic
kicker830Feb-20-01 01:16 PM
Old School 2GNTer
36 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#838, "tire sizes???"

I just bought a new set of 16inch rims for my 96 RS and I was woundering what size of tire I should go with.... On all of the online directories they recommend 4 sizes 205/55, 215/50, 215/55, and 225/50. I do not know to much about tire sizes and I am hoping that someone could recommend a size that would basicly fit like my stock 195/70-14 and I am not really looking for a size of wheel for handeling better becouse I do onlyown a 140hp eclipse.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

EvMan2345Feb-20-01 01:26 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1888 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#839, "RE: tire sizes???"
In response to Reply # 0

i have 225/50's on my GS- the stock that come with the GS is 205/55- im happy with them

Evan B
02 Explorer
97 GS- sold
90 GSX-sold
Stamford CT
EvMan2345@aol.com

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

kicker830Feb-20-01 01:29 PM
Old School 2GNTer
36 posts,
#840, "RE: tire sizes???"
In response to Reply # 1

do they fit alright???

SkrillaFeb-20-01 02:45 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1868 posts,
#841, "This is what it comes down to..."
In response to Reply # 0

...how wide your rims are. If you have 7 inch wide rims I would get 205 series because it will lay flat instead of 215's which will expend some of it's tire as the side wall. That's when it becomes a waste of money on wider tires. For 7.5" get 215 and 8" get 225. This will provide the lowest profile and the most rubber effectively being put to use, as well as the most grip. 195's on 6.5" rims will outperform 7" with 215's even though the 7" is using a bigger tire, some of that tire will be the side wall instead of flat on the ground.

Skrilla
'97 Base Talon NA
"Technology is the Only Substitute for Displacment"
"Peace and Turbo Grease"

*Skrilla
"Honest officer, I thought you were trying to race me"
Talon: 1st 2.4L
'97 Prelude
'04 350Z

Originally posted by YourInMyMirror95GS
dick teaser's should be rounded up and shot in the forehead
Originally posted by etx
Good luck man! Project 'STFU Brian your talon is dead meat' should be on it's feet soon!
Originally posted by Dark0ne
Thanks. Now excuse me while i fuck your sister.
"fuck all motor" -turbo ate you

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #838 Previous topic | Next topic