Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #831
View in linear mode

Subject: "which tire to choose???" Previous topic | Next topic
kicker830Feb-20-01 11:03 AM
Old School 2GNTer
36 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#831, "which tire to choose???"

I am looking in SCC magazine, tirerack.com and tires.com and I have found 3 dirrfent tires that I like within my budget please help me on what you recommend

First of all there is the:
Kumho Ecsta Supra 712 for around $75 each. I love the thread and it is really agressive I have never heard of this company. I was woundering if any of you have had experiences with their tires

Yokohama AVID T4 for around $75 each. The Thread pattern isnt quite as agressive but I know they are a good company

Third is a lower class of Nitto; the Nitto NT450 for around $90 each I know they are a great company and like all Nitto tires they have a agressive pattern

My question is should I go for the Kumho or Yokohama; or should I spend $15 extra a piece for the nitto's ????? me personaly I like the Kumho thread patern the most

Please help thanks

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: which tire to choose???, cyan, Feb-20-01 12:48 PM, #1
RE: which tire to choose???, kicker830, Feb-20-01 01:09 PM, #2
RE: which tire to choose???, mike_d, Feb-20-01 04:11 PM, #3
RE: which tire to choose???, TeamMuRiX, Feb-21-01 03:18 AM, #5
Kumho is a good choice., TeamDeanoD, Feb-21-01 01:04 AM, #4
RE: which tire to choose???, mkerley, Feb-21-01 05:47 AM, #6

cyanFeb-20-01 12:48 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2958 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#832, "RE: which tire to choose???"
In response to Reply # 0

well the nitto 555 is one of the best tires out there, but for some reason the 450 seems to be hated by lots of people. and if your gonna spend the same amount on either kumho or yoko, you might as well go with the trusted name in yokohama. but i have heard surprisingly good words about the kumho's especially for a brand new company.
http://www.geocities.com/blue2gnt

1995 Eclipse GS - HRC Stage 2 - Retired.
2004 350z Enthusiast / 2008 Nissan Versa SL

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

kicker830Feb-20-01 01:09 PM
Old School 2GNTer
36 posts,
#833, "RE: which tire to choose???"
In response to Reply # 1

I think I will go with the Kumho, I just love the thread pattern if you want to see it look at tires.com they only have one style but I love that one style

mike_dFeb-20-01 04:11 PM
Old School 2GNTer
718 posts,
#834, "RE: which tire to choose???"
In response to Reply # 2

i would go with the kumho's. ive heard great things about them and alot of guys that do autoX use them for wet conditions so im assuming they're pretty good and they are also cheap. when i get a new set of tires i am going to go with the kumho's

95 Talon ESi-T

TeamMuRiXFeb-21-01 03:18 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1502 posts,
#835, "RE: which tire to choose???"
In response to Reply # 1

Actually,

Kuhmo has been around for some time now, but they only made race tires which is good because that is their experience. The 712's are excellent for the money. I would skip on the 450's. The Dunlop Sp-8000 are good for the money as well and so are Dunlop w-10's. I have a set of Falken GR-B's which I love, but I am not sure if they come in a 205/55-16. All the above tires are very good for the money.

MuRiX
97 Eclipse GS HRC Stage II
And a whole lot of other mods...
89 Accord LSi - yes it's mine
http://murix.home.icq.com/index.html

05 Mazda RX-8
06 Lotus Elise

TeamDeanoDFeb-21-01 01:04 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1099 posts,
#836, "Kumho is a good choice."
In response to Reply # 0

Have you considered the Dunlop SP8000? Killer wet and dry traction. Quiet running,Z rated tire. I will probably get 30K on my set of 225/50ZR16. I am REALLY hard on tires(autoX and street maniac)though. If you baby them I think they should get 40K easy.

DeanoD
1997RS-NeverTurbo
http://ar.dsm.org

97 RS(PTE SC-61, Built Long Block, Electromotive Tec 3)It's Here!

mkerleyFeb-21-01 05:47 AM
Old School 2GNTer
944 posts,
#837, "RE: which tire to choose???"
In response to Reply # 0

I had nitto 555's and now I have the kumho ecsta's. I decided to go w/ the kumho's b/c of the price, but they are nice. I will probably go with the kumho's again.

99GS MT | Star Stage 2 | GC coilovers | HurriganeGS tie bars | Tokico Illuminas | 17x7 Enkei RS5 | Baer track brakes |+

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #831 Previous topic | Next topic