Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #8271
View in linear mode

Subject: "Kuhmo's or Nakang tires?" Previous topic | Next topic
TeamicjeclipseApr-03-02 11:10 AM
Old School 2GNTer
871 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8271, "Kuhmo's or Nakang tires?"

Tire size is 224/45/HR17 and i can get Kuhmo 711's or Nakangs. Which should i get? Total price is $411 for eveything.

Ian | SoCal | Former 2GNT owner |
2GNT mods & pics: www.go.to/dsmdomination |
email: icjeclipse@earthlink.net |

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Kuhmo's or Nakang tires?, fasterGS, Apr-03-02 11:50 AM, #1
RE: Kuhmo's or Nakang tires?, AvengerES97, Apr-05-02 08:00 AM, #7
RE: Kuhmo's or Nakang tires?, total97eclipse, Apr-05-02 04:13 AM, #2
RE: Kuhmo's or Nakang tires?, Teamicjeclipse, Apr-05-02 05:46 AM, #3
      RE: Kuhmo's or Nakang tires?, Teameclipse804, Apr-05-02 06:41 AM, #4
RE: Kuhmo's or Nakang tires?, stylindsm, Apr-05-02 07:41 AM, #5
RE: Kuhmo's or Nakang tires?, PowerEclipses, Apr-05-02 07:59 AM, #6
      RE: Kuhmo's or Nakang tires?, Teameclipse804, Apr-05-02 02:56 PM, #8
      RE: Kuhmo's or Nakang tires?, stylindsm, Apr-06-02 05:36 AM, #9
           RE: Kuhmo's or Nakang tires?, Amish_Eclipse, Apr-06-02 11:15 AM, #10
                RE: Kuhmo's or Nakang tires?, vegasdsmr, Apr-06-02 11:27 AM, #11
                     RE: Kuhmo's or Nakang tires?, Teameclipse804, Apr-06-02 03:43 PM, #12
                          RE: Kuhmo's or Nakang tires?, trickedeclipse, Apr-06-02 11:15 PM, #13
                               RE: Kuhmo's or Nakang tires?, Deze2g, Apr-07-02 03:24 PM, #14
                                    RE: Kuhmo's or Nakang tires?, HadesOmega, Apr-08-02 12:24 PM, #15
RE: Kuhmo's or Nakang tires?, Teamicjeclipse, Apr-08-02 03:00 PM, #16
RE: Kuhmo's or Nakang tires?, total97eclipse, Apr-09-02 06:57 AM, #17
RE: Kuhmo's or Nakang tires?, Marctronixx, Apr-09-02 08:20 AM, #18
      RE: Kuhmo's or Nakang tires?, John99RS, Apr-09-02 11:17 AM, #19
           RE: Kuhmo's or Nakang tires?, skinny_one, Apr-09-02 01:57 PM, #20

fasterGSApr-03-02 11:50 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3879 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8272, "RE: Kuhmo's or Nakang tires?"
In response to Reply # 0

Ive never heard of nakang tires, but kuhmos are a great tire for the money. I have em on my celica.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

AvengerES97Apr-05-02 08:00 AM
Old School 2GNTer
167 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8273, "RE: Kuhmo's or Nakang tires?"
In response to Reply # 1

go for the kuhmos!!! great tire for the money and people have actually heard of them!

Chris Jones
1997 Dodge Avenger ES 5spd

Chris Jones
1997 Dodge Avenger ES 5spd
"Racing Your Honda Is Like Running In The Special Olympics.....Even If You Win You're Still Retarded!!!

total97eclipseApr-05-02 04:13 AM
Member since Jan 15th 2002
28 posts,
#8274, "RE: Kuhmo's or Nakang tires?"
In response to Reply # 0

I have Nankang tires and the tread is awsome!!!! They are a soft tire and they grip really good, I am very pleased.

Engine:
AEM Cold Air Intake
APEXI Exhaust
NGK Plugs and wires
Ractive Strut bar
Exterior:
Rudora Kit is here now just waiting on Rudora wing
18 inch Konig Volumes
225/40/18 Nankang tires
Suspen

TeamicjeclipseApr-05-02 05:46 AM
Old School 2GNTer
871 posts,
#8275, "RE: Kuhmo's or Nakang tires?"
In response to Reply # 2

hows the tread wear? IS the tire going to last a long time?

Teameclipse804Apr-05-02 06:41 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5174 posts,
#8276, "RE: Kuhmo's or Nakang tires?"
In response to Reply # 3

I would get the Kuhmos because more people have them, so hopefully they are good. Never heard of nakang. Also, check out tirerack.com for a lot of reviews and ratings of the kuhmos.

Oh and give Vic a call at Discount Tire in el monte (http://www.wheeloptions.com) and see if he can beat the best price you got for cash out the door. Last time he beat the best price by quite a bit for me.

2004 WRX - WR Blue Pearl
1997 Eclipse GS - Royal Sapphire Pearl

stylindsmApr-05-02 07:41 AM
Member since Feb 27th 2002
48 posts,
#8277, "RE: Kuhmo's or Nakang tires?"
In response to Reply # 0

they are both good tires but i would go with the kuhmos
imo its better, i like kuhmos design better too, i work
at discount tire co so i know tires, haha

PowerEclipsesApr-05-02 07:59 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3215 posts,
#8278, "RE: Kuhmo's or Nakang tires?"
In response to Reply # 5

dude... hook us up with deals! can you get us deals at discount tire? if we ordered through you?!?

Boca Raton, Florida
95 Eclipse GS- sold
99 Eclipse GSX- 386awhp
98 Eclipse GS- sold
92 Prelude

Teameclipse804Apr-05-02 02:56 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5174 posts,
#8279, "RE: Kuhmo's or Nakang tires?"
In response to Reply # 6

I think with shipping, it usually ends up being more than a really good local deal. But if you check out this particular discount tire's site (http://www.wheeloptions.com) see if you want any particular rim and tire packages. A lot of their deals are pretty good, like they were gonna sell me 17" gunmetal 5Zigen Fireball rims with tires for 1200 out the door.

2004 WRX - WR Blue Pearl

stylindsmApr-06-02 05:36 AM
Member since Feb 27th 2002
48 posts,
#8280, "RE: Kuhmo's or Nakang tires?"
In response to Reply # 6

yeah after shiiping it would probably be same as going to a local store, but any of you colorado memebers want some, just post

Amish_EclipseApr-06-02 11:15 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3026 posts,
#8281, "RE: Kuhmo's or Nakang tires?"
In response to Reply # 9

i work in tires too. it's been my experience as an installer that both tires suck. nankang's i've seen somewhat. nothing special. kumho's are the new trend. they're a korean company that can make cheaper performance tires by using cheaper materials. your getting what you pay for. if you know anyone that's lived in korea, ask them if they would buy korean tires.

http://www.ocaddict.com

thanks beefgg for the sig

vegasdsmrApr-06-02 11:27 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4713 posts,
#8282, "RE: Kuhmo's or Nakang tires?"
In response to Reply # 10

so since yall are tire guru's, how bout a lil insight on my nitto fofitties?? i drop about ~90/tire on em

03 srt-4 13.130@112.47mph (n2o, stock turbo, 10/2003)
now: 20g, portfueler, bpu+++ (track/dyno times tbd...)

i farted on your wiki

Teameclipse804Apr-06-02 03:43 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5174 posts,
#8283, "RE: Kuhmo's or Nakang tires?"
In response to Reply # 11

Just from what I heard, the Nitto NT 450s suck, and the 555's are a lot better but not really worth the price either. In general, people say to stay away from Nitto, but a lot of members hear love them. For the best idea, go to tirerack.com and look at the user ratings of each tire to see how it pairs up to other models.

2004 WRX - WR Blue Pearl

trickedeclipseApr-06-02 11:15 PM
Old School 2GNTer
438 posts,
#8284, "RE: Kuhmo's or Nakang tires?"
In response to Reply # 12

yeah, marcus is right. nitto 450's blow. i have 555's and i love them. as for the brand "nakang", my friend had them on his acura, and ran completely to the steel belt in less than 6,000 miles. granted, he did have a small camber problem, but it was nothing big, and the whole tire was worn to shit. even the outer ring. this was on all four tires.

-PJ
'96 ESI-NOS Talon / '02 Subaru WRX

"Making Dreams Reality"

Deze2gApr-07-02 03:24 PM
Old School 2GNTer
307 posts,
#8285, "RE: Kuhmo's or Nakang tires?"
In response to Reply # 13

I had the Nitto NT450's on my old wheels and they weren't that great. I have Nankangs now but i just did the rear today, i'll let you guys know how hey are when i get everything all done. The tread pattern is nice tho.

Deze
96' RS
Deze2g@aol.com
http://alterredimage.cjb.net
http://www.angelfire.com/geek/dezeclipse

HadesOmegaApr-08-02 12:24 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4529 posts,
#8286, "RE: Kuhmo's or Nakang tires?"
In response to Reply # 14

Kumho 712s are autocrosser's favorite best bang for the buck. The compound is really soft so it bites good and the sidewalls are pretty stiff. Good for autocross. Falken Azenis are another good bang for the buck autocrossing tire..

Nankang never heard of it, is that chinese? As for nittos I know they are good for drag but the sidewalls are soft so they won't make a good autoxing tire.

http://www.hadesomega.info -car specz and movies 95 Eclipse RS | 76' 280Z | 89' MR2 | 99 Neon | 91 Zephyr
Who sez FF can't drift?

TeamicjeclipseApr-08-02 03:00 PM
Old School 2GNTer
871 posts,
#8287, "RE: Kuhmo's or Nakang tires?"
In response to Reply # 0

Well i got the Kuhmo's for $380 cash at this one little shop by my house.

total97eclipseApr-09-02 06:57 AM
Member since Jan 15th 2002
28 posts,
#8288, "RE: Kuhmo's or Nakang tires?"
In response to Reply # 0

I can get 225 40 18 Nankang for 400. The treadwear is great. They grip really well.

Engine:
AEM Cold Air Intake
APEXI Exhaust
NGK Plugs and wires
Ractive Strut bar
Exterior:
Rudora Kit is here now just waiting on Rudora wing
18 inch Konig Volumes
225/40/18 Nankang tires
Suspen

MarctronixxApr-09-02 08:20 AM
Old School 2GNTer
571 posts,
#8289, "RE: Kuhmo's or Nakang tires?"
In response to Reply # 17

aaaww man, i didnt know folks dont like nt 450! i have them and have had them since 1999.. i still have lots of tread and they work fine for me.. granted i dont race and all dat so cant comment on the race part..

John99RSApr-09-02 11:17 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1191 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#8290, "RE: Kuhmo's or Nakang tires?"
In response to Reply # 18

Hey man, you could have gotten the Kumho 712s from tirerack.com for $289 shipped. They have good prices on some tires there.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3130861

skinny_oneApr-09-02 01:57 PM
Member since Mar 03rd 2002
258 posts,
#8291, "RE: Kuhmo's or Nakang tires?"
In response to Reply # 19

How good are Falken Azenis ST-115's. I think they're great.

- No Purchase Neccesary. Details Inside.

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #8271 Previous topic | Next topic