Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #822
View in linear mode

Subject: "Bouncing coilovers" Previous topic | Next topic
klipzracerFeb-19-01 04:26 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4006 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#822, "Bouncing coilovers"

After deciding I'm not low enough I want to same my ride with some coilovers but my friends who have coilovers on thier eclipses bounce like hell. Does anyone know of a good set that won't ride like $h!t??? Also houw about those new Weapon R with the dual spring they look they would ride okay. Any info would help.

chris
Project RS
"I wish my car was a chick magnet....instead it's a cop magnet!"
chrisdishmon@hotmail.com
http://www.geocities.com/chrisdishmon/project_rs.html

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

cyanFeb-20-01 01:33 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2958 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#823, "RE: Bouncing coilovers"
In response to Reply # 0

i have the maxspeeds on the front only with OEM struts and they do not bounce at all
http://www.geocities.com/blue2gnt

1995 Eclipse GS - HRC Stage 2 - Retired.
2004 350z Enthusiast / 2008 Nissan Versa SL

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TeamStan2gntFeb-20-01 01:35 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2216 posts,
#824, "RE: Bouncing coilovers"
In response to Reply # 0

Your gonna bouce with no travel. The only way around it is coilovers with shortened struts if your gonna go real low. Weapon-r just keep tension on the springs when decompressed, even arospeed sells helper springs for their coil-overs. Helper springs wont be getting much worked slammed to the ground.

Stan2gnt
Stan2va@aol.com
95 Talon ES-I-NOS but T soon!
http://members.nbci.com/FlyEsi/home.htm
You too can have a never updated site complete with old info and dated pics!

:farfrommugen:
Yes I still own a 2gnt.
Damn right I've been here longer than U
klassic_liven@yahoo.com

phatGSFeb-20-01 05:39 AM
Old School 2GNTer
541 posts,
#825, "RE: struts.."
In response to Reply # 2

are tokico's 'shortened'?

Brandon
'95 GS, Auto.
AEM Cold Air w/ bypass valve
Front Upper Strut Brace
Maxspeed coilovers

cyanFeb-20-01 06:11 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2958 posts,
#826, "RE: struts.."
In response to Reply # 3

well i got the perches at the bottom of the collar (3 and a quarter inches, aka slammed) and mine bounces less now that it did with the progress springs (which bounced none at all) and im still on the OEM shocks, so i guess it depends on which spring the CO manufacturer uses. but if you get the maxspeeds they wont bounce. (mine did bounce on the first bump i hit, but when i hit it on the way home and every bump since then, no bounce)
http://www.geocities.com/blue2gnt

1995 Eclipse GS - HRC Stage 2 - Retired.
2004 350z Enthusiast / 2008 Nissan Versa SL

TeamStan2gntFeb-23-01 12:40 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2216 posts,
#827, "RE: struts.."
In response to Reply # 4

Wll I need to get what you got cause I still got a little bounce with AGX and not that low ST springs. Our rear suspension isn't prone to bouncing but the front usually is the culprit.

Stan2gnt
Stan2va@aol.com
95 Talon ES-I-NOS but T soon!
http://members.nbci.com/FlyEsi/home.htm
You too can have a never updated site complete with old info and dated pics!

:farfrommugen:
Yes I still own a 2gnt.
Damn right I've been here longer than U
klassic_liven@yahoo.com

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #822 Previous topic | Next topic