Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #8149
View in linear mode

Subject: "$15 rear camber kit? how many washers??" Previous topic | Next topic
Talon95StangMar-29-02 02:29 AM
Old School 2GNTer
401 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8149, "$15 rear camber kit? how many washers??"

I did the rear camber and used 4 washers and it is still way off. My car is lowered 2.5". Does anyone know how many washers I should use? and does anyone know how many deg the rim should be to the groung. I mean like 90 deg to the ground or something. I have a tool to measure deg and was just wondering.

venomtalon@aol.com

Performance Mods: Custom CAI, Jeep 60mm TB, Ported Intake Manifold with Jeep TB match, 5 angle valve job, Head milled .020, Regrind Cams, PT Lifters and Rockers, AEM Cam Gears, OBX Wires, NGK Plugs, AFX UDP, OBX Header, OBX

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

ModeratorEvuLFleAMar-29-02 03:24 AM
Old School 2GNTer
9791 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8150, "RE: $15 rear camber kit? how many washers??"
In response to Reply # 0

You don't want to use TOO many because the screws really aren't that strong and are not built to take that much pressure. 4 would be max and than I would get an aftermarket kit. Your rear doesn't look 2.5 inches down in that pic

This is a suspension post, so post in the suspension forum. Get it?

------------------------------------------------
98 ESi
95 GS

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

randyMar-29-02 06:19 AM
Old School 2GNTer
662 posts,
#8151, "RE: $15 rear camber kit? how many washers??"
In response to Reply # 0

The $15 rear camber kit is for cars that are lowered up to 2". You could try to put more washer in but its really dangerous.

96 RST: Star Performance stag
05 scion xb: bolt ons
92 nissan 240sx
07 toyota sienna

TeamXtremeRSMar-29-02 10:11 AM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
#8152, "RE: $15 rear camber kit? how many washers??"
In response to Reply # 0

Yep i had the same problem with my drop, which is only about 1.75" in the rear. I went and did this to my car. I got some thin fender washers, i believe 1 1/2" in diameter, and a 3/8" center hole. These washers will go against the actual fender. I used these to help distribute more of the forces to the fender, by using a larger diameter washer. Then on top of the fender washer, i used a 1/2" hex nut, which center hole is just large enough for the metric bolt to go through. I did this because i did not want all those washers in there, so the thickness of the nut takes the place of the 4 washers. Then on top of this nut, goes the control arm bracket of the car. On one side of the car, i belive my drivers side, this made the camber almost perfectly in spec. The other side was still off some, so i added 2 of the previous washers on each bolt on the pass side, and then it lined up good. The total camber with this set up is only .02 off between both sides. Why one side needed more washers, i don't know. I still am a little skeptical of doing this, but there still is plenty of bolt in the fender to keep it tight, and hopefully not break. I do believe i'm going to get the Ingalls rear adjustment kit, and it looks like that kit gives you 2 new control arm legs that the bolts go through, and washers, and also longer bolts. To be safe, i'd get the ingalls kit, for the amount of drop you have. I wouldn't use all those washers..play it safe.

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

Talon95StangMar-30-02 08:11 PM
Old School 2GNTer
401 posts,
#8153, "RE: $15 rear camber kit? how many washers??"
In response to Reply # 3

I alrwady installed 7 washers and everything seems to be fine. How unsafe is it. There is 4 bolts with lock washers. Is the problem that the bolts will break? How much is the ingalls rear camber kit? Has anyone ever had a bolt break? and even with 7 washers it still looks off. How do you check camber?

That pic is old. I had a spacer in the back because my tires were too wide, but know I got arospeed coilovers.

venomtalon@aol.com

Performance Mods: Custom CAI, Jeep 60mm TB, Ported Intake Manifold with Jeep TB match, 5 angle valve job, Head milled .020, Regrind Cams, PT Lifters and Rockers, AEM Cam Gears, OBX Wires, NGK Plugs, AFX UDP, OBX Header, OBX

TeamicjeclipseMar-31-02 03:31 AM
Old School 2GNTer
871 posts,
#8154, "RE: $15 rear camber kit? how many washers??"
In response to Reply # 3

hey xtreme rs, i will buy your rear camber kit you have right now when you get your ingalls. Let me know.

Ian | SoCal | Former 2GNT owner |
2GNT mods & pics: www.go.to/dsmdomination |
email: icjeclipse@earthlink.net |

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #8149 Previous topic | Next topic