Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #8099
View in linear mode

Subject: "People with H&R sports" Previous topic | Next topic
97RSMar-29-02 05:20 AM
Member since Nov 23rd 2001
318 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8099, "People with H&R sports"

Will the Ingalls camber kit with 1 degree of correction fix the camber problem?TIA

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

TeamXtremeRSMar-29-02 10:35 AM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8100, "RE: People with H&R sports"
In response to Reply # 0

Good timing man, just did my ingalls kit install with my H&R sports. Here is the deal. Lets concentrate on the fronts for now. I got Ingalls part 3578. This kit will provide +1.25-+3 full degress of cabmber. I had my car put on the rack after the spring install, before spring settle, and i needed at LEAST 1 full pos degree of camber, to be in spec. After spring settle, i installed the 3578 ingalls kit, and adjusted the kit to its most negative setting, giving me a +1.25 degree of adjustment right off the bat. It won't go any more negative than that, so keep that in mind. I just got my final alignment done, and the front camber was just about perfect on both sides. So to sum it up, i needed about 1.25 pos degree of camber to get my fronts in spec. BUT this may be different on other cars/setups. If that kit had put TOO much pos camber on the fronts, then i would be screwed, since by just installing the kit, puts at least 1.25 pos degree of camber on the wheel. If i needed to go more negative on the wheel, it wouldn't because the adjusters on the kit were already adjusted fullly negative. So here is the dillema. It may be possible to get the ingalls kit that adjusts to only 1 full degree, but keep in mind, that may not be quite enough to get it in factory specs. BUT there is another kicker with the kit i got. If i needed any more POSITIVE camber, i would still be screwed. Not because of the kit, the kit can go up to a full 3 degree pos. The problem lies with the left over space there was with the edge of the control arm, and the fender body. If i needed any more pos camber adjutment, the control amr would have HIT the fender body, if no modification was done to either the fender, or the control arm. If you take a peek at the edge of the conrol arm, right by the upper ball joint, you will see how close the arm is to the fender well. When you adjust for pos camber, it moves that control arm outward, and hence it would hit the fender. So, with this level of drop, its almost in between the choice of what kit to get. I'll say this, the kit i got worked perfectly, but leaves absolutly NO room for ANY adjustment, either neg or pos. Definately NO neg adjustment, but some pos adjustment is possible, with some modifacation though. My best advise to you is to drop the car, and have it put on the alignment rack to see what the camber is currently at. Let the springs settle for a day or two, thats how long it took for mine to settle. After that, just go from there. I wish the ingalls kit had one that would let you adjust from -.75 to +2 degree. I think that would be a better kit for us, since most of our drops are around the 2" mark. I hope all this makes sense, but just drop it first and get the alignment specs on the car, and see where its at and go from there.

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

97RSMar-29-02 10:50 AM
Member since Nov 23rd 2001
318 posts,
#8101, "RE: People with H&R sports"
In response to Reply # 1

Thanks. I have another question. How about the rear? will 1 degree fix that or will the $15 camber mod work just as well. Im asking this because i can get the front and rear kits for $200 front is adjustable from 1.25-3 degrees and the rear is only adlustable 1 degree.

TeamXtremeRSMar-29-02 11:53 AM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
#8102, "RE: People with H&R sports"
In response to Reply # 2

>Thanks. I have another question. How about the rear? will 1
>degree fix that or will the $15 camber mod work just as
>well. Im asking this because i can get the front and rear
>kits for $200 front is adjustable from 1.25-3 degrees and
>the rear is only adlustable 1 degree.

Well i did the 15 dolla mod when i did my springs, so i don't really have a measurement for the camber after the spring install with out the rear camber mod. BUT the 15 dollar mod didn't quite give me enough pos camber adjustment to be in spec. I'd go with the kit that gives you at least 1 full degree or more of camber adjustment. The rear seems to be more affected with drops when it comes to camber. By taking a guess, i prob put about a full 1.5 pos degree of camber on my rears. I used a different washer setup than on the mod's page, but honestly, i'm not setting too easy on how safe it is. I would definately go get the ingalls rear kit to be on the safe side, i know i am going to get it instead of the washers. I'd rather play it safe..

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #8099 Previous topic | Next topic