Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #8015
View in linear mode

Subject: "Lowering with 17's" Previous topic | Next topic
97RSMar-27-02 08:29 AM
Member since Nov 23rd 2001
318 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8015, "Lowering with 17's"

I just want some advice on lowering after the rims come in. Ive heard only good thingd about H&R springs. Are skunk2 coilovers any good? Also wht is a good strut for a realitvely cheap price. Would stock struts last long if i was lowered? TIA.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

fasterGSMar-27-02 08:52 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3879 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8016, "RE: Lowering with 17's"
In response to Reply # 0

Stock struts MIGHT last a few months being lowered. AS far as cheap struts go, tokico blues are around 50 bucks each, or you can get a set of illuminas (adjustable) for about 140 bucks more. How low do you plan on going? Your gonna have to get a camber kit, and of course an alignment. I got the H&R race springs with 17s. (2")

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

97RSMar-27-02 09:11 AM
318 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8017, "RE: Lowering with 17's"
In response to Reply # 1

Yeah around a 2" drop. Anyone recomend the skunk2 coilovers or any others? Thanks for the response.

97RSMar-29-02 02:59 AM
318 posts,
#8018, "RE: Lowering with 17's"
In response to Reply # 2

Are KYB GR-2 good shocks to replace the stock ones after lowering? Some people told me Tokico Blues are only $50 each but i cant find them for that price anywhere. I think im gonna go with the H&R Sport springs for the drop. TIA.

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #8015 Previous topic | Next topic