Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #7849
View in linear mode

Subject: "Neuspeed strut bar install intructions and stuff" Previous topic | Next topic
HadesOmegaMar-22-02 02:31 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4529 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7849, "Neuspeed strut bar install intructions and stuff"

Well I installed it today and man it's a lot more hassle than your traditional strut bar. I had to move the battery forward as much as I could, use the spacers and bolts to more the brake reservoir bracket out, push my FMU down a litte, and I had to remove one bolt from my windshield washer reservoir and pull it out (as in bending it).

The bar looks great, really shiny and the blue sticker matches my plug wires, couplers, FMU, and an catch can fitting.

As for handling the front is like very rigid now and responds very quick. Looks like I gotta be extra careful of understeer now, cuz the added response make break the front tires traction faster if I jerk the wheel.

well here are the pix of the install. Haha the instructions that came with it looked so complicated. First it said to move the AC line on the driver side, then I look at my car and its on the passenger side. Then I'm all scratching my head then I read for 95-99 Eclipse TURBO. WEll that explains it all.
http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4291960891

http://www.hadesomega.info -car specz and movies 95 Eclipse RS | 76' 280Z | 89' MR2 | 99 Neon | 91 Zephyr
Who sez FF can't drift?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Neuspeed strut bar install intructions and stuff, Teameclipse804, Mar-22-02 03:36 PM, #1
RE: Neuspeed strut bar install intructions and stuff, HadesOmega, Mar-22-02 03:57 PM, #2
      RE: Neuspeed strut bar install intructions and stuff, vegasdsmr, Mar-23-02 01:35 PM, #3
           RE: Neuspeed strut bar install intructions and stuff, My9t5Talon, Mar-25-02 11:29 AM, #11
RE: Neuspeed strut bar install intructions and stuff, Candude, Mar-23-02 08:00 PM, #4
RE: Neuspeed strut bar install intructions and stuff, Fast420A, Mar-23-02 08:04 PM, #5
      RE: Neuspeed strut bar install intructions and stuff, Candude, Mar-23-02 08:17 PM, #6
           RE: Neuspeed strut bar install intructions and stuff, Fast420A, Mar-23-02 08:32 PM, #7
                RE: Neuspeed strut bar install intructions and stuff, Candude, Mar-23-02 08:45 PM, #8
                     RE: Neuspeed strut bar install intructions and stuff, HadesOmega, Mar-23-02 11:03 PM, #9
                          RE: Neuspeed strut bar install intructions and stuff, Fast420A, Mar-23-02 11:35 PM, #10
                               RE: Neuspeed strut bar install intructions and stuff, 1TuffRS, Mar-25-02 03:52 PM, #12
                                    RE: Neuspeed strut bar install intructions and stuff, GorkoRacing, Mar-26-02 09:55 AM, #13
                                         RE: Neuspeed strut bar install intructions and stuff, mcgyvr, Mar-27-02 06:16 AM, #14
                                              RE: Neuspeed strut bar install intructions and stuff, GorkoRacing, Mar-27-02 08:22 AM, #15
RE: Neuspeed strut bar install intructions and stuff, Avenger95, Mar-27-02 10:29 AM, #16
RE: Neuspeed strut bar install intructions and stuff, Fast420A, Mar-27-02 11:48 AM, #17
      RE: Neuspeed strut bar install intructions and stuff, vegasdsmr, Mar-27-02 12:41 PM, #18

Teameclipse804Mar-22-02 03:36 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5174 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7850, "RE: Neuspeed strut bar install intructions and stuff"
In response to Reply # 0

Good writeup! It looks like a lot of trouble moving all that stuff...was it not possible for neuspeed the design the product any other way to avoid such a tight fit?

2004 WRX - WR Blue Pearl
1997 Eclipse GS - Royal Sapphire Pearl

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

HadesOmegaMar-22-02 03:57 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4529 posts,
#7851, "RE: Neuspeed strut bar install intructions and stuff"
In response to Reply # 1

Heh well I think that's the reason they discontinued this bar...

plus the cheap ebay bars were probably eating up their market for eclipse bars.

http://www.hadesomega.info -car specz and movies 95 Eclipse RS | 76' 280Z | 89' MR2 | 99 Neon | 91 Zephyr
Who sez FF can't drift?

vegasdsmrMar-23-02 01:35 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4713 posts,
#7852, "RE: Neuspeed strut bar install intructions and stuff"
In response to Reply # 2

welp, i got mines this mornin, and i just spent about an hour and a half installin it. i had to make a new cruise control mounting plate, two of them, so that i could drop it down about an inch and a half. havent taken her for a spin, but wohooo!!! i also yanked out my windshield fluid resevoir that weighed a good 20lbs about 3/4 full of fluid...

good luck to those who havent installed it yet, and if u dont go into hades' pic file, the bolts are specd at 65ft. lbs.

tia

03 srt-4 13.130@112.47mph (n2o, stock turbo, 10/2003)
now: 20g, portfueler, bpu+++ (track/dyno times tbd...)

i farted on your wiki

My9t5TalonMar-25-02 11:29 AM
Old School 2GNTer
963 posts,
#7853, "RE: Neuspeed strut bar install intructions and stuff"
In response to Reply # 3

>i had to make a new cruise
>control mounting plate, two of them, so that i could drop it
>down about an inch and a half.

want to make me one (or 2 as the case may be) too???...is there any other way around this???

William 'Tha.Will' McGroarty

~*Roary*~
Sick Skillz

CandudeMar-23-02 08:00 PM
Member since Feb 05th 2002
57 posts,
#7854, "RE: Neuspeed strut bar install intructions and stuff"
In response to Reply # 0

HadesOmega,
Great write up and pics. Thanks!
The instructions that came with the bar are nuts.
Anyway, I have cruise control, so I am not looking forward to the install.
Also, I see from your picks that you already have what looks like a strut bar in place.
If that's what it is, any specific reason for two?
What is the second bar?
Thanks again!
Candude.

1996 Eclipse GS
MaxSpeed Racing Muffer (c/w Silencer), 2.5 Inch Cat Back Pipe, AEM CAI, Magnecor KV85 8.5mm Competition Spark Plug Wires, NGK BKR5EYA-11 Plugs, Symborski Shift Kit, Hurricane_GS Short Shifter, MaxSpeed Racing Pedals, Import Intelligence

Fast420AMar-23-02 08:04 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4370 posts,
#7855, "RE: Neuspeed strut bar install intructions and stuff"
In response to Reply # 4

Thats a normal strut bar, there are a total of 5 different positions for strut bars on the eclipse. 2 front upper, 1 front lower, 1 rear upper and 1 rear lower.

________________________________________________________________________________________
current status - No 3rd Gear synchro

http://hometown.aol.com/ohshootuhh/
www.Fast420A.com

Flame Red SRT-4 GT40,8.5:1 Built Shortblock, Brian Crower Stage 2 Cams, etc etc etc...

CandudeMar-23-02 08:17 PM
57 posts,
#7856, "RE: Neuspeed strut bar install intructions and stuff"
In response to Reply # 5

Thanks Fast420A.
How noticable is the difference in driving by adding the second bar?
How recommended is it to have two front upper bars?
Or was it just a matter of getting the first and not bothering to remove it once the neuspeed (2nd bar) was installed?
Candude

1996 Eclipse GS
MaxSpeed Racing Muffer (c/w Silencer), 2.5 Inch Cat Back Pipe, AEM CAI, Magnecor KV85 8.5mm Competition Spark Plug Wires, NGK BKR5EYA-11 Plugs, Symborski Shift Kit, Hurricane_GS Short Shifter, MaxSpeed Racing Pedals, Import Intelligence

Fast420AMar-23-02 08:32 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4370 posts,
#7857, "RE: Neuspeed strut bar install intructions and stuff"
In response to Reply # 6

The more support the car has the better.

________________________________________________________________________________________

www.Fast420A.com

Flame Red SRT-4 GT40,8.5:1 Built Shortblock, Brian Crower Stage 2 Cams, etc etc etc...

CandudeMar-23-02 08:45 PM
57 posts,
#7858, "RE: Neuspeed strut bar install intructions and stuff"
In response to Reply # 7

I hear ya.
But doesn't the added stiffness add to already high understeer?

1996 Eclipse GS

HadesOmegaMar-23-02 11:03 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4529 posts,
#7859, "RE: Neuspeed strut bar install intructions and stuff"
In response to Reply # 8

Yup like I said in my write up the front becomes very responsive so if you jerk the wheel the car will tend to understeer, because your the wheels are breaking traction due to that instant jerk. You just have to be more precise with the wheel I guess.

Took it up to the mountains today, again not in dry weather haha (yeah I'm crazy going thru a mountain path in the rain and fog). The car handled great I was real careful with the wheel though, haha I actually drifted 2 hairpin turn on accident, once into some dirt and debris off road. The bar is great and you can notice a difference. 2 bars mean ultra response baby!

That's the beauty of this bar, most of the bars made for ours cars are ok but with this second bar chassis flex in the front is no more! Hehe it ties the chassis tub closer to the center also so it'll make that area more rigid, where it really counts.

Who sez FF can't drift?

Fast420AMar-23-02 11:35 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4370 posts,
#7860, "RE: Neuspeed strut bar install intructions and stuff"
In response to Reply # 9

I totally agree with you on that, I can EASILY make the front wheels lose traction. It REALLY makes me notice how much I need to get a rear sway bar.

www.Fast420A.com

1TuffRSMar-25-02 03:52 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2338 posts,
#7861, "RE: Neuspeed strut bar install intructions and stuff"
In response to Reply # 10

I would just like to say WAHOO!! My bar is here My bar is her Unfortunately the post office is closed, but I just got the notice in the mail and that has to be it.

Toney
'97 RS 5 Speed (totaled)
15.4606@88.42 Mph
96 Toyota Celica GT
88 Toyota Supra NA-T (w/ sports package)
Got Boost?? Hell yeah I-6 turbo powah baby!

GorkoRacingMar-26-02 09:55 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1757 posts,
#7862, "RE: Neuspeed strut bar install intructions and stuff"
In response to Reply # 12

I would like to second the woohoo as my bar has just arrived. I ran by the house on an "errand" and saw it laying there. Yeah now I get to try and hook that big bastard in tonight. Glad to see you got yours too Toney.

mcgyvrMar-27-02 06:16 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3121 posts,
#7863, "RE: Neuspeed strut bar install intructions and stuff"
In response to Reply # 13

I guess I got lucky, I didnt have to move/fab anything, jsut removed the two nuts added bar and torqued it back down, it is covering my washer bottle but other than that it fit perfect, and I must say this makes a remarkable difference in feel, feels like a much more solid car, but I also notice how much I need a rear one now.

1998 dodge avenger 4 cyl AT
Mods are:
Not enough

GorkoRacingMar-27-02 08:22 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1757 posts,
#7864, "RE: Neuspeed strut bar install intructions and stuff"
In response to Reply # 14

Thanks Hades on the writeup. I love my bar and I can definately feel it. The bar took about 30 min total to put in. The hardest part was getting the bolts off. Had to spray em w/ wd40 several times and use a huge socket wrench. Other than that it was easy and looks great and feels great.

Avenger95Mar-27-02 10:29 AM
Old School 2GNTer
37 posts,
#7865, "RE: Neuspeed strut bar install intructions and stuff"
In response to Reply # 0

you guys better keep and eye on your washer fluid cap. i've lost/broken 3 of them so far because of the Nuespeed bar. been to lazy to space it out a little more. good Luck

Kevin's 1995 Dodge Avenger
i4 - 5sp - over 200,000 miles and still going..

Fast420AMar-27-02 11:48 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4370 posts,
#7866, "RE: Neuspeed strut bar install intructions and stuff"
In response to Reply # 16

>you guys better keep and eye on your washer fluid cap. i've
>lost/broken 3 of them so far because of the Nuespeed bar.
>been to lazy to space it out a little more. good Luck

I was about to mention how mine is. The cap is there but it won't go on because the container top is halfway broken from the bar.

www.Fast420A.com

vegasdsmrMar-27-02 12:41 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4713 posts,
#7867, "RE: Neuspeed strut bar install intructions and stuff"
In response to Reply # 17

well, if u guys need an extra winshield fluid resevoir, ill let mine go for the right price (seein how there may be demand for it)..

mint condition, hehe

03 srt-4 13.130@112.47mph (n2o, stock turbo, 10/2003)
now: 20g, portfueler, bpu+++ (track/dyno times tbd...)

i farted on your wiki

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #7849 Previous topic | Next topic