Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #7838
View in linear mode

Subject: "Who makes the best front and rear strut bar, opinions..." Previous topic | Next topic
jdpilotMar-22-02 09:46 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1128 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7838, "Who makes the best front and rear strut bar, opinions..."

I am looking for a set. I have checked out roadrace but was lookin' for an opinion. Which ones have you guys had experience with that offers access to the oil cap? Which ones are polished (we are NOT talkin' neuspeed here!) Thanks guys..jd

Second Place "Sanford Sound SLAP 2005" Mild 2-Door
http://www.sanfordsound.com/carwash2005.htm
Second Place "Scrapefest 2002" 2nd Gen Mild
1995 GS AT, 97-99 Conversion.
2000 BMW Z3 2.8
1999 Chevy K2500 crew cab
5 jets skis, 3 snowmobiles, 2 ATVs. BRAAP!
Member # 1147

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Who makes the best front and rear strut bar, opinions..., Teameclipse804, Mar-22-02 10:18 AM, #1
RE: Who makes the best front and rear strut bar, opinions..., jdpilot, Mar-22-02 11:05 AM, #2
      RE: Who makes the best front and rear strut bar, opinions..., MindBlowin03, Mar-22-02 01:33 PM, #3
           RE: Who makes the best front and rear strut bar, opinions..., espilcEGS, Mar-22-02 06:31 PM, #4
                RE: Who makes the best front and rear strut bar, opinions..., HadesOmega, Mar-22-02 07:02 PM, #5
                     RE: Who makes the best front and rear strut bar, opinions..., Teameclipse804, Mar-22-02 09:43 PM, #6

Teameclipse804Mar-22-02 10:18 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5174 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7839, "RE: Who makes the best front and rear strut bar, opinions..."
In response to Reply # 0

Most people including myself have the generic aluminum strut bars with steel end caps. They are not nearly as strong as the steel bars that RRE has. We can only use the rear one though because the front is for turbo models only. The RRE one is way stiffer than the cheap aluminum ones we all have...

2004 WRX - WR Blue Pearl
1997 Eclipse GS - Royal Sapphire Pearl

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

jdpilotMar-22-02 11:05 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1128 posts,
#7840, "RE: Who makes the best front and rear strut bar, opinions..."
In response to Reply # 1

I was under the assumption turbo and non turbo strut bars were the same. Whats the Diff???

Second Place "Sanford Sound SLAP 2005" Mild 2-Door
http://www.sanfordsound.com/carwash2005.htm
Second Place "Scrapefest 2002" 2nd Gen Mild
1995 GS AT, 97-99 Conversion.
2000 BMW Z3 2.8
1999 Chevy K2500 crew cab
5 jets skis, 3 snowmobiles, 2 ATVs. BRAAP!
Member # 1147

MindBlowin03Mar-22-02 01:33 PM
Member since Feb 23rd 2002
128 posts,
#7841, "RE: Who makes the best front and rear strut bar, opinions..."
In response to Reply # 2

I hope theres not a differance, cause I just bought one that says turbo on it. I thought they were the same?

-Nick
97 ESi
93 Laser RS Turbo

espilcEGSMar-22-02 06:31 PM
Old School 2GNTer
257 posts,
#7842, "RE: Who makes the best front and rear strut bar, opinions..."
In response to Reply # 3

Sprint front and RRE back! The diff in turbo and non is the slot for the battery hold down stud on the strut tower.

05 STi

HadesOmegaMar-22-02 07:02 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4529 posts,
#7843, "RE: Who makes the best front and rear strut bar, opinions..."
In response to Reply # 4

Umm you can switch it from turbo to non turbo by just flipping the bar around.

Why wouldn't the RRE bar fit also? I've seen it b4 on a 4G63 bay but it mounts on the same points. The RRE one is much like the Neuspeed bar but for the traditional stock tower mounts.

Oh yes and some companies like Tsudo make double bar strut bars for our cars also.

http://www.hadesomega.info -car specz and movies 95 Eclipse RS | 76' 280Z | 89' MR2 | 99 Neon | 91 Zephyr
Who sez FF can't drift?

Teameclipse804Mar-22-02 09:43 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5174 posts,
#7844, "RE: Who makes the best front and rear strut bar, opinions..."
In response to Reply # 5

I was under the impression that the RRE front bar only fits the turbo because of the way they designed it, which is also why they say turbo only. They were thinking of designing a 3 pt strut bar for the nt, but I think they didn't get around to it.

And yes, for traditional aluminum strut bars, you can usually flip it around, so the lettering is upside down. That's how mine is. It's a turbo AC Autotechnic strut bar.

2004 WRX - WR Blue Pearl
1997 Eclipse GS - Royal Sapphire Pearl

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #7838 Previous topic | Next topic