Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #7825
View in linear mode

Subject: "humming, shaking,rattleing..." Previous topic | Next topic
97GoSlowMar-22-02 01:57 AM
Donating 2GNT member
450 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7825, "humming, shaking,rattleing..."

i got my pro kit put on my GSX rims now my RRE camber kit in the rear... when i drive the car shimmeys/shakes and all the gooies.. and f you listen from the back y9o can hear like bum bum bum bum like if it had a flat spot.. so i take my tires off they look fine.. but the drivers side rear in the inside has some flat spots around the inside of the tire.. thats the only spot.... also i tried to turn my rotor with the tire off and it turns then stops cause the rotor is catching on the brake pad.. how much will it cost to replace all rotors and brake pads? also why the flat spots? will the alignment and balence fix the broblem? thanks

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS
My other ride is your girlfriend.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

mitseclpsMar-22-02 02:13 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1018 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7826, "RE: humming, shaking,rattleing..."
In response to Reply # 0

i just replaced my front rotors/pads w/ brembos/metalmasters, 121$ total.

-bryan
'98 rst

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

97eclipseRSMar-22-02 03:42 AM
Old School 2GNTer
940 posts,
#7827, "RE: humming, shaking,rattleing..."
In response to Reply # 1

where'd you get them from...i've been looking to get that same setup. tia

- Dan

HRC Stage 2|30lb injectors|S-FMU|Walbro255HP|AFX UDP|B&M Short Shifter w/ Symborski Shift Kit|Rear Strut Bar|Power Slot Rotors|more...

mitseclpsMar-22-02 06:59 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1018 posts,
#7828, "RE: humming, shaking,rattleing..."
In response to Reply # 2

i got them from a store locally. they're not drilled or slotted, but they are very nice brakes, and the pads too. for the price you can't beat them anywhere. i could get them and ship them if you wanted.

-bryan
'98 rst

97eclipseRSMar-22-02 08:20 AM
Old School 2GNTer
940 posts,
#7829, "RE: humming, shaking,rattleing..."
In response to Reply # 3

that is an awesome deal, but yeah, i'm looking to get some drilled/slotted ones. thanks anyway though.

- Dan

HRC Stage 2|30lb injectors|S-FMU|Walbro255HP|AFX UDP|B&M Short Shifter w/ Symborski Shift Kit|Rear Strut Bar|Power Slot Rotors|more...

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #7825 Previous topic | Next topic