Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #7786
View in threaded mode

Subject: "DO I REALLY NEED A FRONT CAMBER KIT??" Previous topic | Next topic
josemexMar-20-02 04:53 PM
Member since Mar 03rd 2002
134 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7786, "DO I REALLY NEED A FRONT CAMBER KIT??"

iM GOING TO DROP MY CAR ABOUT 2" FRONT AND BACK , AND IM GOING TO DO THE 15$ CAMBER MOD FOR THE BACK , SO DO YOU GUYS THINK I NEED A CAMBER KIT FOR THE FRONT??

<>
Tanabe cat back
injen air intake

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
HadesOmegaMar-20-02 06:28 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4529 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7787, "RE: DO I REALLY NEED A FRONT CAMBER KIT??"
In response to Reply # 0

depends if your off by more than -0.8 degrees then you probably wanna get em or it'll be tire wear mania. I don't think you'll need em though, find a way to get the camber after you install em and you'll know for sure.

http://www.hadesomega.info -car specz and movies 95 Eclipse RS | 76' 280Z | 89' MR2 | 99 Neon | 91 Zephyr
Who sez FF can't drift?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

randyMar-20-02 08:04 PM
Old School 2GNTer
662 posts,
#7788, "RE: DO I REALLY NEED A FRONT CAMBER KIT??"
In response to Reply # 0

2inch in front for sure you need them.

96 RST: Star Performance stag
05 scion xb: bolt ons
92 nissan 240sx
07 toyota sienna

Fast420AMar-20-02 08:51 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4370 posts,
#7789, "RE: DO I REALLY NEED A FRONT CAMBER KIT??"
In response to Reply # 2

I am only lowered 1.5 up front and I needed them so you probably will too.

________________________________________________________________________________________
current status - No 3rd Gear synchro

http://hometown.aol.com/ohshootuhh/
www.Fast420A.com

Flame Red SRT-4 GT40,8.5:1 Built Shortblock, Brian Crower Stage 2 Cams, etc etc etc...

fasterGSMar-20-02 09:01 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3879 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7790, "RE: DO I REALLY NEED A FRONT CAMBER KIT??"
In response to Reply # 3

depends on the car.... mine is dropped two inches in the front and visually you cant tell the camber is off. My rears are bad, you can tell right away.

Teameclipse804Mar-20-02 09:18 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5174 posts,
#7791, "RE: DO I REALLY NEED A FRONT CAMBER KIT??"
In response to Reply # 3

Well it also depends. If you drive aggressively, more negative camber in the front can also be a good thing. I had -1 on the drivers side and -1.1 on the passenger side in the front, and it still seemed to wear pretty normally. Not anything super drastic as long as you have a good alignment.

BTW, I just looked at my alignment sheet, and factory specified range for the front camber is front +0.2 degrees to -0.8 degrees. The rear specs are -1.2 to -2.2 degrees. My main problem when I got an alignment was that the toe was way off, and bad toes causes more extreme tire wear than bad camber.

2004 WRX - WR Blue Pearl
1997 Eclipse GS - Royal Sapphire Pearl

CaptainMar-21-02 05:51 AM
Member since Jan 26th 2002
31 posts,
#7792, "RE: DO I REALLY NEED A FRONT CAMBER KIT??"
In response to Reply # 5

My alignment sheet said the same thing about the specs and bad Toe stuff. The $15.00 rear mod worked but I needed to add one extra washer to the passenger side to get it in spec. The front passenger side needs a 1.0 degree camber kit but I haven't bought one yet. The alignment shop said that they would recheck it for free once I had added the kit. This was on a 1.5 inch drop. I would have it aligned immediately after the drop and rear camber mod and then worrie about getting the front camber kits cause you might or might not need them.

Drew

NO REMORSE!! NO REGRETS!!

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #7786 Previous topic | Next topic