Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #772
View in linear mode

Subject: "tire decision?" Previous topic | Next topic
sharkdog1987Feb-15-01 07:55 AM
Old School 2GNTer
19 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#772, "tire decision?"

PARTY ON DUDES!!! after spending hours on the phone here's what i found. The stock 205/55/16 is 24.8 inches,215/45/17 is 24.6 inches,225/45/17 is 25 inches. I can't decide a little bigger or alittle smaller i'm going with Eibach pro kit also which tire brand sofar i'm lookin atRE730 Bridgestone and w10 dunlopI have TOYO FZ4's and the wet traction sucks! Would the 225's rub? Oh merciful gods of all DSM's please make up my mind for me!!!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

TeamMichael_97RSFeb-15-01 09:00 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#773, "RE: tire decision?"
In response to Reply # 0

I'll just add to your confusion. I'm getting Good Year Eagle F1 GS-D2 225/45ZR-17.

"To strive to seek to find... and not to yield."
Michael J. Kulaga
Michael_97RS@2gntDSM.zzn.com
aol IM: MJKulga
http://highlander.dsmpower.com/

Firefly:
Mal: You don't know me, son, so let me put this to you plainly: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me. And you'll be armed.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Moderatorsd_eclipseFeb-15-01 09:04 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1543 posts,
#774, "RE: tire decision?"
In response to Reply # 1

hey michael, i tried to check out your site but non of the links on the front page work.

sharkdog1987Feb-15-01 09:46 AM
Old School 2GNTer
19 posts,
#775, "RE: tire decision?"
In response to Reply # 1

PARTY ON DUDES!!! Michael, i just got back from the tire store and had the 225/45/17's against my car even with a minimal drop like the Pro kit they look like they would be real close to hitting during hard cornering.

cyanFeb-15-01 10:35 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2958 posts,
#776, "some food for thought"
In response to Reply # 3

well i just installed my coilovers today and put the perches at the bottom of the collar for the maximum drop,and my 225/35/19 tires are 26.9 inches overall which is a couple inches bigger than what you said and they dont rub on mine. the only rubbing i got was when i first lowered my car back in 98'.it was lowered 1.5 on the stock 16s and rubbed out some holes in the front fenderwell plastic,but not anymore.
http://www.geocities.com/blue2gnt

1995 Eclipse GS - HRC Stage 2 - Retired.
2004 350z Enthusiast / 2008 Nissan Versa SL

cyanFeb-15-01 10:35 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2958 posts,
#777, "some food for thought"
In response to Reply # 3

well i just installed my coilovers today and put the perches at the bottom of the collar for the maximum drop,and my 225/35/19 tires are 26.9 inches overall which is a couple inches bigger than what you said and they dont rub on mine. the only rubbing i got was when i first lowered my car back in 98'.it was lowered 1.5 on the stock 16s and rubbed out some holes in the front fenderwell plastic,but not anymore.
http://www.geocities.com/blue2gnt

1995 Eclipse GS - HRC Stage 2 - Retired.
2004 350z Enthusiast / 2008 Nissan Versa SL

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #772 Previous topic | Next topic