Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #7718
View in linear mode

Subject: "grrrr. tampa local speed shops." Previous topic | Next topic
2xtremedsmMar-20-02 06:02 AM
Member since Jan 31st 2002
148 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7718, "grrrr. tampa local speed shops."

looking for a short shifter for my 98 GS since I dont want to wait 8 weeks for one from hurricane ( no offense glenn, I just dont have the patience, plus i ffinally have the free time to install it this week) I call yesterday and can only find one, a B&M. No biggie.. pricey, but cool, I can swing it $$$ wise. So I call this morning to tell em I'll be there this afternoon to pick it up. , and it got sold .. so I call everywhere I can think of.. nothing.. everyone one says it'll be weeks to get one. I guess I'm destined to not get a short shifter. ARRGH...

Dan

98 GS
all the usual mods
AEM , Greddy, Blah blah blah
Pilot Motorsports sucks!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: grrrr. tampa local speed shops., Fast420A, Mar-20-02 06:41 AM, #1
RE: grrrr. tampa local speed shops., 2xtremedsm, Mar-20-02 06:49 AM, #2
      RE: grrrr. tampa local speed shops., Fast420A, Mar-20-02 06:51 AM, #3
           RE: grrrr. tampa local speed shops., 2xtremedsm, Mar-20-02 06:56 AM, #4
                RE: grrrr. tampa local speed shops., slacker911, Mar-20-02 07:11 AM, #5
                     RE: grrrr. tampa local speed shops., 2xtremedsm, Mar-20-02 07:15 AM, #6
                          RE: grrrr. tampa local speed shops., Fast420A, Mar-20-02 09:55 AM, #7
                               RE: grrrr. tampa local speed shops., lap561, Mar-20-02 12:10 PM, #8
                                    RE: grrrr. tampa local speed shops., daved, Mar-20-02 05:05 PM, #9
                                         local shop to the rescue!, 2xtremedsm, Mar-20-02 11:30 PM, #10

Fast420AMar-20-02 06:41 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4370 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7719, "RE: grrrr. tampa local speed shops."
In response to Reply # 0

Which one did you go to? DOn't go to Ricing Zone, they suck ass and will only be friendly to you if you drive a honda or turbo DSM. There really isn't too many good places here in Tampa so I do all my purchasing online. If I do need something locally, I go to United Speed World on Florida and Fowler next to the Post Office. They have never done me any wrong even though they are a V8 shop. They don't stock too much stuff but they can get you things between 1 day and a week.

________________________________________________________________________________________
current status - No 3rd Gear synchro

http://hometown.aol.com/ohshootuhh/
www.Fast420A.com

Flame Red SRT-4 GT40,8.5:1 Built Shortblock, Brian Crower Stage 2 Cams, etc etc etc...

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

2xtremedsmMar-20-02 06:49 AM
148 posts,
#7720, "RE: grrrr. tampa local speed shops."
In response to Reply # 1

I went to Blvd customs, Streetheat and automotive engineering. I got so desperate I even tried advance auto , they stock APC stuff, but they dont have them either.

98 GS
all the usual mods
Pilot Motorsports sucks!

Fast420AMar-20-02 06:51 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4370 posts,
#7721, "RE: grrrr. tampa local speed shops."
In response to Reply # 2

Where are you at in Tampa and what's your 2g look like?

________________________________________________________________________________________

www.Fast420A.com

Flame Red SRT-4 GT40,8.5:1 Built Shortblock, Brian Crower Stage 2 Cams, etc etc etc...

2xtremedsmMar-20-02 06:56 AM
148 posts,
#7722, "RE: grrrr. tampa local speed shops."
In response to Reply # 3

i'm actually in Largo / Clearwater. 98 GS barcelona red pearl, bone stock exterior except for the Greddy exhaust. " 2Xtreme" on the rear windows. Pretty low profile, and wanting to stay that way, slowly modding and tuning..

98 GS
all the usual mods
Pilot Motorsports sucks!

slacker911Mar-20-02 07:11 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1149 posts,
#7723, "RE: grrrr. tampa local speed shops."
In response to Reply # 4

damn man where were you when I was down there in december haha. I could not find any 2g's manly hondas and stuff. My buddy has a house a few minutes from there. I love tampa it is so nice compared to ohio.

Slacker Motorsports
Some stuff......

2xtremedsmMar-20-02 07:15 AM
148 posts,
#7724, "RE: grrrr. tampa local speed shops."
In response to Reply # 5

LOL been there the whole time, I'm just not big on the street/track scene. I havent been to the track, dont street race, and try to keep a low profile so the Largo / Pinellas Po-Po types dont pester me too much. Just interested in making my car look good and fun to drive really...

98 GS
all the usual mods
Pilot Motorsports sucks!

Fast420AMar-20-02 09:55 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4370 posts,
#7725, "RE: grrrr. tampa local speed shops."
In response to Reply # 6

Yeah I know what you mean on the low profile. The cops in this area are really clamping down on street racing here and those of us that don't are getting clamped down on just for having nice cars.

www.Fast420A.com

lap561Mar-20-02 12:10 PM
Old School 2GNTer
140 posts,
#7726, "RE: grrrr. tampa local speed shops."
In response to Reply # 7

hehe, ricing zone...that's where I got my shocks. They didn't treat me too bad. Although, they did make me wait 4 hours for my shocks to get installed...bastards

later

davedMar-20-02 05:05 PM
Old School 2GNTer
665 posts,
#7727, "RE: grrrr. tampa local speed shops."
In response to Reply # 8

hhahhahhaa, no ofense man but your first problem was blvd. custom they are fuckin idiots and they charge a shit load. Second mistake was street heat, does shawn still work there? Anyway those guys are fuckin idiots, they fucked my car up a couple times they just dont know what they are doing. Now Automotive Engineering was a good pick I get about 50% of my parts from them. The other 50% of parts I get from No Limit Custom on Seminole blvd next to orange blossem groves, the name is kinda gay but he usually gives good prices. Atleast he gives me good prices. Go down there and ask for Carlos, he is the owner and tell him a fellow eclipse owner sent you his business, tell him Dave with the Barceleno Red Pearl (same color as your ride) sent ya.

1999 Eclipse RS (all show)
1990 Turbo Eclipse (race)

2xtremedsmMar-20-02 11:30 PM
148 posts,
#7728, "local shop to the rescue!"
In response to Reply # 9

Un F'n Real. I stopped at a local little shop that i havent been to before, Extreme Customs on Ulmerton. Walk in the door and I'm totally joking tell the guy.. " you wouldnt happen to have a short shifter for a 98 eclipse, eh? "
He looks at me kinda funny and reaches under the counter.. BAM! one pilot motorsports shirt shifter. No lie.
So I did what anyone would do. I look him dead in the eye and say "Bro, you are the F'n MAN!"
Turns out he had it ordered a month ago for a customer who never came and picked it up, it's been sitting in the shop for a while now. So now I got one and damn I'm happy about it. Installed last night with the symborski kit and I'm one happy happy boy.
I'm gonna stop by no limit today and see what they have, i'm still looking for a shift knob and some other stuff.

98 GS
all the usual mods
Pilot Motorsports sucks!

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #7718 Previous topic | Next topic