Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #7642
View in linear mode

Subject: "will installing new struts mess up my alignment???" Previous topic | Next topic
1TuffRSMar-18-02 03:21 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2338 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7642, "will installing new struts mess up my alignment???"

well will it?? I wouldnt think so since Im putting everything back the way it once was.

Toney
'97 RS 5 Speed (totaled)
15.4606@88.42 Mph
96 Toyota Celica GT
88 Toyota Supra NA-T (w/ sports package)
Got Boost?? Hell yeah I-6 turbo powah baby!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: will installing new struts mess up my alignment???, fasterGS, Mar-18-02 03:27 AM, #1
RE: will installing new struts mess up my alignment???, 1TuffRS, Mar-18-02 03:27 AM, #2
RE: will installing new struts mess up my alignment???, fauchpj, Mar-18-02 03:46 AM, #3
      RE: will installing new struts mess up my alignment???, 1TuffRS, Mar-18-02 06:06 AM, #4
           RE: will installing new struts mess up my alignment???, fauchpj, Mar-18-02 10:57 AM, #5
                RE: will installing new struts mess up my alignment???, 1TuffRS, Mar-18-02 03:25 PM, #6
                     RE: will installing new struts mess up my alignment???, dudasd, Mar-18-02 06:22 PM, #7
                          RE: will installing new struts mess up my alignment???, zhr420, Mar-18-02 07:23 PM, #8

fasterGSMar-18-02 03:27 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3879 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7643, "RE: will installing new struts mess up my alignment???"
In response to Reply # 0

Possibly, anytime you mess with the suspension it has a very good chance of messing up the alignment. Hell you hit a pothole and a lot of times it screws it up. Youll know for sure when you put them on and drive it.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

1TuffRSMar-18-02 03:27 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2338 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7644, "RE: will installing new struts mess up my alignment???"
In response to Reply # 0

also what are the best struts for our cars??

Toney
'97 RS 5 Speed (totaled)
15.4606@88.42 Mph
96 Toyota Celica GT

fauchpjMar-18-02 03:46 AM
Donating 2GNT member
4784 posts,
#7645, "RE: will installing new struts mess up my alignment???"
In response to Reply # 2

i think youre supposed to get an alignment whenever you mess with the suspension.

anybody know if NTB does alignments on lowered cars?

1TuffRSMar-18-02 06:06 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2338 posts,
#7646, "RE: will installing new struts mess up my alignment???"
In response to Reply # 3

I dont know what the hell NTB is, but I got my alignment done at Sears. One old guy was like I cant do anything with it since its lowered, but a young guy was like give us a couple of hrs and it will be done (bought 4 new tires too, so it took some time).

Toney
'97 RS 5 Speed (totaled)
15.4606@88.42 Mph
96 Toyota Celica GT

fauchpjMar-18-02 10:57 AM
Donating 2GNT member
4784 posts,
#7647, "RE: will installing new struts mess up my alignment???"
In response to Reply # 4

where do you live? NTB= national tire and battery.

1TuffRSMar-18-02 03:25 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2338 posts,
#7648, "RE: will installing new struts mess up my alignment???"
In response to Reply # 5

I live in Raleigh, NC

Toney
'97 RS 5 Speed (totaled)
15.4606@88.42 Mph
96 Toyota Celica GT

dudasdMar-18-02 06:22 PM
Donating 2GNT member
735 posts,
#7649, "RE: will installing new struts mess up my alignment???"
In response to Reply # 6

If you have probs finding someone to do it, call this number and talk to Brent....876-5696. NOt sure if they can handle the alignment but he will know who will do it for you. He used to work at the Quaill Corners Texaco at the corner of Millbrook and Falls of Nuese, but him and his boy just opened up a shop down off Springforest Rd on Primevera Ct. He's the one that did my cam gears and timing belt.

zhr420Mar-18-02 07:23 PM
Old School 2GNTer
557 posts,
#7650, "RE: will installing new struts mess up my alignment???"
In response to Reply # 7

dude no matter what they say regard less if your car is lowered they can do an alignment, unless your car is like slammed to the ground! to answer your previous question i have heard that koni adj. are nice and work really well with prokits.
later
"Z"

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #7642 Previous topic | Next topic