Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #762
View in linear mode

Subject: "HELP!! tires and drop" Previous topic | Next topic
sharkdog1987Feb-14-01 09:41 AM
Old School 2GNTer
19 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#762, "HELP!! tires and drop"

PARTY ON DUDES!!! Ok i'm totally confused now! I want tires with a taller sidewall and also want to drop her. I plan on some autocrossing but also cruisin. The gap between my tire and fender is about 4 inches and that looks real wretched. I was thinkin Eibach pro kit and 215/45/17 toyo's. Any and all input is greatly appreciated.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

cyanFeb-14-01 03:28 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2958 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#763, "RE: HELP!! tires and drop"
In response to Reply # 0

well no matter what you do,if you lower with reglar springs (especially something as minimal as pro kit) you are still gonna have several inches of gap. even the 2.5" Sprints dont eliminate the gap with lo-pro tires.
http://www.geocities.com/blue2gnt

1995 Eclipse GS - HRC Stage 2 - Retired.
2004 350z Enthusiast / 2008 Nissan Versa SL

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

mike_dFeb-14-01 04:17 PM
Old School 2GNTer
718 posts,
#764, "RE: HELP!! tires and drop"
In response to Reply # 1

i have the sprint 2 inch drop springs and 215/45/17 tires and there is almost no wheel gap in the front and about an inch in the back. also im riding on blown out factory shocks (its to cold to change them now) so that may be why im so low. my best friend just bought a 98 talon that came with H&R springs (dont know wich ones) also on factory shocks and he has virtually no gap all around!!

95 Talon ESi-T

sharkdog1987Feb-15-01 02:40 AM
Old School 2GNTer
19 posts,
#765, "RE: HELP!! tires and drop"
In response to Reply # 2

PARTY ON DUDES!!! I think i'm gonna do pro kit with 225/45/17. I don't wanna hit everything in sight i alredy scrape my front end plus the APEX N1 hangs pretty low.

TeamDeanoDFeb-15-01 03:48 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1099 posts,
#766, "enter and exit all driveway or entrance slopes"
In response to Reply # 3

at a 45 degree angle. I do that and have not scrapped my front in a year or so. Sometimes it just cannot be helped.

DeanoD
1997RS-NeverTurbo
http://ar.dsm.org

97 RS(PTE SC-61, Built Long Block, Electromotive Tec 3)It's Here!

sharkdog1987Feb-15-01 02:42 AM
Old School 2GNTer
19 posts,
#767, "RE: HELP!! tires and drop"
In response to Reply # 1

PARTY ON DUDES!!! BTW cyan ur ride looks totally rude!! What body kit?

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #762 Previous topic | Next topic