Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #754
View in linear mode

Subject: "18's & eibach sportlines???" Previous topic | Next topic
slowGSFeb-14-01 07:48 AM
Old School 2GNTer
64 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#754, "18's & eibach sportlines???"

i have the eibach sportlines and i wanna get some 18's (time to bling) i was just wondering if anybody has the same kind of set up or somethin close to it,, want 2 know about tire size, any rubbing, etc...,,thanx todd

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Thats messed up!!!!!1, 99GSBBTurbo, Feb-15-01 08:23 PM, #1
RE: Thats messed up!!!!!1, slowGS, Feb-16-01 12:20 AM, #2
      RE: 35's, phatGS, Feb-16-01 01:06 AM, #3
           RE: 35's, BLKOUT, Feb-16-01 12:32 PM, #4
RE: 18's & eibach sportlines???, VxROxV, Feb-16-01 06:30 PM, #5
RE: 18's & eibach sportlines???, 99GSBBTurbo, Feb-16-01 07:57 PM, #6
      RE: 18's & eibach sportlines???, slowGS, Feb-17-01 12:22 PM, #7
           RE: 18's & eibach sportlines???, Wildflyer897, Mar-26-04 03:37 PM, #8
                RE: 18's & eibach sportlines???, 98starGS, Mar-26-04 03:44 PM, #9
                     RE: 18's & eibach sportlines???, Wildflyer897, Mar-26-04 03:47 PM, #10
                          RE: 18's & eibach sportlines???, turbo8u, Mar-27-04 11:52 AM, #11
                               RE: 18's & eibach sportlines???, EricBss7, Mar-30-04 06:31 AM, #12

99GSBBTurboFeb-15-01 08:23 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1191 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#755, "Thats messed up!!!!!1"
In response to Reply # 0

Sorry, I'm supprised no one has answered you!!! anyway, I have 18's and Eibach Sport Line Springs with Tokico Struts. I have 225/40/18's and They are PHAT!!! The only thing I have a problem is with the passanger side back, it is like a hair lower then the rest and I was told it was my box in my trunk. But its in the center of the trunk? anyway, it only rubs when I make a hard left turn, but its not that bad, but other then that, I LOVE THEM!!! GO for it, you wont be disapointed!!!
Late

I use to have a White 99 GS Sport with a Star Stage II Ball Bearing T3/T4 turbo...it was fun untill....well those who remember me know Oh Ya...this is what I have now... a 99' GSX...

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

slowGSFeb-16-01 12:20 AM
Old School 2GNTer
64 posts,
#756, "RE: Thats messed up!!!!!1"
In response to Reply # 1

LAST EDITED ON 16-Feb-01 AT 05:21 AM (PST)

do they rub it all if u are rollin like 3 deep in the car,,say for some stoke of luck i get about 3 honeys in the car,,provided they are thin,, am i gonna rub?
-the tire size u have is what i was gonna get, maybe even in a 35 is i can afford it,,thanx for the reply though, appreciate it,,todd

phatGSFeb-16-01 01:06 AM
Old School 2GNTer
541 posts,
#757, "RE: 35's"
In response to Reply # 2

i wouldn't get 35's because the car is pretty heavy. You'd bend rims most likely. Plus your ride quality's not gonna be the greatest.

Brandon
'95 GS, Auto.
AEM Cold Air w/ bypass valve
Front Upper Strut Brace
Maxspeed coilovers

BLKOUTFeb-16-01 12:32 PM
Old School 2GNTer
218 posts,
#758, "RE: 35's"
In response to Reply # 3

Sorry it took me so long to reply. I have 18's on my ride with 225/40's as well. I don't have Eibach's on though, I have coil-overs. I haven't ever rubbed with this set-up. I can't say about a car load of people though, I don't ever have any more than two in my car. I agree to not go with the 35's, that is just too low profile especially with 18's. Any more Q's I'll be happy ot help.
Joe
97 GS w/ Hahn stage 2
Keep cruisin' & keep the shiny side up.
http://joeseclipse.homestead.com

Yeah I got two tens in the back...two ten pound bottles!!!!

Joe
97 GS w/ HRC stage 2 +

VxROxVFeb-16-01 06:30 PM
Old School 2GNTer
43 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#759, "RE: 18's & eibach sportlines???"
In response to Reply # 0

Just a suggestion... If you're thinking about slamming your car on 18s, i suggest you get rims with the size of 18x7.5... 225x40x18 is a cool size... also, roll or fold the rear fenders so they wont scrape..

RO

99GSBBTurboFeb-16-01 07:57 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1191 posts,
#760, "RE: 18's & eibach sportlines???"
In response to Reply # 5

No, I still don't rub with my car loaded, only when I turn. Ya, I wanna get my fenders in the back rolled like the ones in the front but thats $$$ I don't have But my rims are 18X8 and thats fine, but I do suggest sticking with 40 series.

I use to have a White 99 GS Sport with a Star Stage II Ball Bearing T3/T4 turbo...it was fun untill....well those who remember me know Oh Ya...this is what I have now... a 99' GSX...

slowGSFeb-17-01 12:22 PM
Old School 2GNTer
64 posts,
#761, "RE: 18's & eibach sportlines???"
In response to Reply # 6

thanx 4 the replies fellas, ill keep ya posted on my "blinging" efforts..todd

Wildflyer897Mar-26-04 03:37 PM
Member since Mar 20th 2004
34 posts,
#23261, "RE: 18's & eibach sportlines???"
In response to Reply # 7
Mar-26-04 03:45 PM by Wildflyer897

i love the replies you gave him. i'm looking at the exact same setup

225/40/18 on 18X7.5 with KYB AGX adj. shocks and the sportline springs... so now i'm done time to get off here and make the money i'm about to spend. thanks guys. appreciate it

also what offset do you have 99gsbbturbo... and are your which style of struts do you have? adjustable?

98starGSMar-26-04 03:44 PM
Member since Nov 11th 2003
528 posts,
#23262, "RE: 18's & eibach sportlines???"
In response to Reply # 8

i'm running 255/40/18 as well on sportlines no rubbin or problems and as far as that many people in the car as far as i'm concerned its only a 2 seater anyway.

Wildflyer897Mar-26-04 03:47 PM
Member since Mar 20th 2004
34 posts,
#23263, "RE: 18's & eibach sportlines???"
In response to Reply # 9

with a stock interior eclipse i believe it to be a 2 1/2 seater maybe 2 3/4 if the back person is short.... lol

i love my hatchback

turbo8uMar-27-04 11:52 AM
Member since Jun 15th 2003
10552 posts,
#23268, "RE: 18's & eibach sportlines???"
In response to Reply # 10

did you not notice this thread was over 3 years old

18's + sportlines = suck. ive been there and done that

_________
96 talon esi-t
san clemente, ca

as needles of ice
are the ill winds' talons
the coldest of shadows
they seep unto the bone

silent souls leave .308 holes

EricBss7Mar-30-04 06:31 AM
Member since Nov 10th 2003
407 posts,
#23297, "RE: 18's & eibach sportlines???"
In response to Reply # 11

People are all about gravediggin these days.. ...horray for usin the search though

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #754 Previous topic | Next topic