Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #745
View in linear mode

Subject: "Tire Question??" Previous topic | Next topic
JerryFeb-14-01 02:55 AM
Old School 2GNTer
56 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#745, "Tire Question??"

I have 17x7 Rims and looking for set of tires prefer toyo or falken tires...Ive heard if you dont get that right size it will throw your abs etc...Any suggestions I like the low profile look like 40series tires....Does anybody have any problems with tires with low profiles on their rides...Also im looking to lower my ride as soon as I get the tires....Leaning toward the Eibach springs and Agx shocks what do you guys think or which set up will give me that smooth ride I dont want that bumpy ride or stiff...To many potholes in my state....Thanks everyone for your suggestons..

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Tire Question??, TeamMichael_97RS, Feb-14-01 08:30 AM, #1
RE: Tire Question??, sharkdog1987, Feb-14-01 09:26 AM, #2
      RE: Tire Question??, TeamMichael_97RS, Feb-15-01 03:57 AM, #3
           RE: Tire Question??, sharkdog1987, Feb-15-01 08:01 AM, #4
           RE: Tire Question??, Lee, Feb-15-01 08:13 AM, #5
                RE: Tire Question??, TeamMichael_97RS, Feb-15-01 08:56 AM, #6

TeamMichael_97RSFeb-14-01 08:30 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#746, "RE: Tire Question??"
In response to Reply # 0

I'm going 225/45ZR-17 when I save up the $600 it's going to cost me for my tires. This size keeps your speedo prety accurate, I did the calculations and this is the closest to the stock tire diameter. And probably far in the future when the Eibach Por's go on Tokico Illuminas(adjustable)

"To strive to seek to find... and not to yield."
Michael J. Kulaga
Michael_97RS@2gntDSM.zzn.com
aol IM: MJKulga
http://highlander.dsmpower.com/

Firefly:
Mal: You don't know me, son, so let me put this to you plainly: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me. And you'll be armed.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

sharkdog1987Feb-14-01 09:26 AM
Old School 2GNTer
19 posts,
#747, "RE: Tire Question??"
In response to Reply # 1

PARTY ON DUDES!!! I called Tire Rack and they told me close to stock size would be 215/45/17. The size i have on now are 215/40/17 and my speedo is way off and i think they also 2 small diameter for the wheelwell in other words they look like POOP! As soon as i come to a decision on the proper size those tires are gone.They are TOYO FZ4's with 4000 miles on them.

TeamMichael_97RSFeb-15-01 03:57 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
#748, "RE: Tire Question??"
In response to Reply # 2

Okay I guess they were right. I must hav eflew through the calculations last time I did the conversions. Wheel & tire diameter with 195/70R-14 is 628.6mm, 215/45R-17 is 625.3mm, and 225/45R-17 is 634.3mm. But both fall within the acceptable 2% limit I was told to keep speedo accurate, which comes out to +/-12.57mm. The 215s are 3.3mm undersized compaired to stock and the 225 are 5.7mm over stock. So for me Wider is better.

Michael J. Kulaga

Firefly:
Mal: You don't know me, son, so let me put this to you plainly: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me. And you'll be armed.

sharkdog1987Feb-15-01 08:01 AM
Old School 2GNTer
19 posts,
#749, "RE: Tire Question??"
In response to Reply # 3

PARTY ON DUDES!!! Michael please check my new post TIRE DECISION and tell me what ya think. THANX!!

LeeFeb-15-01 08:13 AM
Old School 2GNTer
309 posts,
#750, "RE: Tire Question??"
In response to Reply # 3

I see you guys talking about getting close to stock. My stock tires are 205/55/16? How does that weigh into the discussion.

Lee
http://www.geocities.com/turbo99gs

HRC Stage II
Coming Soon!

TeamMichael_97RSFeb-15-01 08:56 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
#751, "RE: Tire Question??"
In response to Reply # 5

Lee,

You are closer to the 225 than the 215. Stock diameter of th 205/55R-16 is 631.9mm. Still very close to the measure for the 14's.

Michael J. Kulaga

Firefly:

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #745 Previous topic | Next topic