Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #7380
View in linear mode

Subject: "Post pics of car w/ aftermarket springs..." Previous topic | Next topic
Doug96GSMar-09-02 04:57 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2686 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7380, "Post pics of car w/ aftermarket springs..."

Hey guys, I'm thinking that in the summer I'll have enough dough to put some springs on my car. I'm just starting to look, so I need some input. I know that 1TuffRS has progress springs and he likes 'em. I really like how htey look. I'm also looking at the Pro-Kit and the Tokico set that comes with the shocks/struts. DOes anyone have pics of their cars with either of these two? Thanks...
Sean, what kind of springs do you have on your car?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Post pics of car w/ aftermarket springs..., fasterGS, Mar-09-02 05:23 AM, #1
RE: Post pics of car w/ aftermarket springs..., thisismygs, Mar-09-02 03:51 PM, #2
      RE: Post pics of car w/ aftermarket springs..., vegasdsmr, Mar-09-02 11:34 PM, #3
           RE: Post pics of car w/ aftermarket springs..., 98_silvergs, Mar-10-02 01:45 AM, #4
                RE: Post pics of car w/ aftermarket springs..., Thunderous_Talon, Mar-10-02 03:15 AM, #5
                     RE: Post pics of car w/ aftermarket springs..., iamnotwhoiam, Mar-10-02 04:32 AM, #6
                          RE: Post pics of car w/ aftermarket springs..., Doug96GS, Mar-10-02 05:16 AM, #7
                               RE: Post pics of car w/ aftermarket springs..., Thunderous_Talon, Mar-10-02 05:42 AM, #8
                                    RE: Post pics of car w/ aftermarket springs..., fasterGS, Mar-10-02 08:32 AM, #9
                                         RE: Post pics of car w/ aftermarket springs..., Ryan_RS, Mar-10-02 09:14 AM, #10
                                              RE: Post pics of car w/ aftermarket springs..., PowerEclipses, Mar-10-02 10:01 AM, #11
                                                   RE: Post pics of car w/ aftermarket springs..., fasterGS, Mar-10-02 01:05 PM, #12
RE: Post pics of car w/ aftermarket springs..., cucumber, Mar-10-02 01:41 PM, #13
RE: Post pics of car w/ aftermarket springs..., FuSi0N, Mar-11-02 08:19 AM, #14
      RE: Post pics of car w/ aftermarket springs..., Moderatorsd_eclipse, Mar-11-02 08:24 AM, #15
           RE: Post pics of car w/ aftermarket springs..., MrClean125, Mar-11-02 11:07 AM, #16
                RE: Post pics of car w/ aftermarket springs..., Thunderous_Talon, Mar-11-02 11:30 AM, #17
                     RE: Post pics of car w/ aftermarket springs..., Teameclipse804, Mar-11-02 12:12 PM, #18
RE: Post pics of car w/ aftermarket springs..., MrClean125, Mar-12-02 08:15 AM, #19
RE: Post pics of car w/ aftermarket springs..., JJPhatStrat, Mar-12-02 10:37 AM, #20
RE: Post pics of car w/ aftermarket springs..., Teameclipse804, Mar-12-02 12:24 PM, #21

fasterGSMar-09-02 05:23 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3879 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7381, "RE: Post pics of car w/ aftermarket springs..."
In response to Reply # 0

These are H&R Race springs... 2 inch drop in front and 1.75 inch drop in rear. This is what I would recommend.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

thisismygsMar-09-02 03:51 PM
Old School 2GNTer
730 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7382, "RE: Post pics of car w/ aftermarket springs..."
In response to Reply # 1

eibach pro-kit + tokico illuminas

dgonzalez52@yahoo.com

vegasdsmrMar-09-02 11:34 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4713 posts,
#7383, "RE: Post pics of car w/ aftermarket springs..."
In response to Reply # 2

check out this page: http://seangordon1.tripod.com/diff.html
or just hit up the link down below, and scroll down a lil til u see the link for the comparison between stock and intrax drop.

im not sure if u wanted me or anutha sean to post, but wateva.

tia

03 srt-4 13.130@112.47mph (n2o, stock turbo, 10/2003)
now: 20g, portfueler, bpu+++ (track/dyno times tbd...)

i farted on your wiki

98_silvergsMar-10-02 01:45 AM
Member since Jan 07th 2002
1050 posts,
#7384, "RE: Post pics of car w/ aftermarket springs..."
In response to Reply # 3

suspension techniques

Thunderous_TalonMar-10-02 03:15 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1422 posts,
#7385, "RE: Post pics of car w/ aftermarket springs..."
In response to Reply # 4

i'd have to say H&R Race Springs as well. no pics tho of my car sorry.

Original 15 of 2gnt.com

iamnotwhoiamMar-10-02 04:32 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2361 posts,
#7386, "RE: Post pics of car w/ aftermarket springs..."
In response to Reply # 5

i would have to also recomend H&R springs too.. Pro-Kits are ok.. but i dont like them.

also here are ProKits w/ Illuminas

-Jason

97 Talon ESi-T (forever in progress...)

95 GS (Gone)
16.74@83.18mph
119.8 whp - 113.3 lbs/ft

2GNT #677
My Wiki Page: www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=Iamnotwhoiam
Pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/iamnotwhoiam/Talon/

Doug96GSMar-10-02 05:16 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2686 posts,
#7387, "RE: Post pics of car w/ aftermarket springs..."
In response to Reply # 6

Thanks guys, I appreciate it. Any particular reson you guys suggest H&R? I'm looking for a real stiff ride without lowering the car too much.

Thunderous_TalonMar-10-02 05:42 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1422 posts,
#7388, "RE: Post pics of car w/ aftermarket springs..."
In response to Reply # 7

H&R tends to make the stiffest spring. the stage 3 race spring is 75-100% stiffer then stock, but its about a 2in drop in the front and 1.75 in the rear. the stage 2 sport springs are 35-50% stiffer then stock w/ a 1.5in drop.

Original 15 of 2gnt.com

fasterGSMar-10-02 08:32 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3879 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7389, "RE: Post pics of car w/ aftermarket springs..."
In response to Reply # 8

yeah, the H&R are a real aggressive spring. When I take a corner hard, my car hardly rolls at all.

Ryan_HesMar-10-02 09:14 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3450 posts,
#7390, "RE: Post pics of car w/ aftermarket springs..."
In response to Reply # 9

With the h&r's, is it a smooth ride, or can you feel every bump in the road?

Ryan
IRyanHester@Hotmail.com

'03 Mazda 6s

PowerEclipsesMar-10-02 10:01 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3215 posts,
#7391, "RE: Post pics of car w/ aftermarket springs..."
In response to Reply # 10

bah i like my prokits

Boca Raton, Florida
95 Eclipse GS- sold
99 Eclipse GSX- 386awhp
98 Eclipse GS- sold
92 Prelude

fasterGSMar-10-02 01:05 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3879 posts,
#7392, "RE: Post pics of car w/ aftermarket springs..."
In response to Reply # 11

With the H&Rs it is by no means a wonderful ride, you will feel the bumps. But you'll see the difference in the first hard corner you take.

cucumberMar-10-02 01:41 PM
Member since Feb 05th 2002
592 posts,
#7393, "RE: Post pics of car w/ aftermarket springs..."
In response to Reply # 0

Dropped with the Tociko springs and tociko "blue" shocks

"i want a turbo that gets full boost (35psi) at 2500rpms, and will make about 490hp to the wheels and make my greddy type blow off valve louder than jet airplanes

FuSi0NMar-11-02 08:19 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1762 posts,
#7394, "RE: Post pics of car w/ aftermarket springs..."
In response to Reply # 13

Im dropped with sportlines:

"Liberate Tutemea Ex Infernis"
More pics at www.cyn0sure.homestead.com

Moderatorsd_eclipseMar-11-02 08:24 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1543 posts,
#7395, "RE: Post pics of car w/ aftermarket springs..."
In response to Reply # 14

Heh, Check the sig pic. Pro-kits w/ Illumina's

MrClean125Mar-11-02 11:07 AM
Old School 2GNTer
230 posts,
#7396, "RE: Post pics of car w/ aftermarket springs..."
In response to Reply # 15

Who's got the best price on those H&R's? Anybody know? I'm thinking about changing from my skunk2's to H&R's but it would all depend on price and all that.

Dave "The Bald Bull"
97 RS Member of the infamous Barcelona Red Crew

"Free people will never remain free, if they are not willing, if need be, to fight for their vital interests"

"It is better to have died in the ranks of the vanquished warriors th

Thunderous_TalonMar-11-02 11:30 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1422 posts,
#7397, "RE: Post pics of car w/ aftermarket springs..."
In response to Reply # 16

207$ from tirerack.com

Original 15 of 2gnt.com

Teameclipse804Mar-11-02 12:12 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5174 posts,
#7398, "RE: Post pics of car w/ aftermarket springs..."
In response to Reply # 17

I think there's a pretty big difference between H&R Sport and H&R race springs. The Sports are stiff, but not as harsh, more like Eibach Prokits. The Sports are supposed to lower only 1.5" but I think they lowered a bit more than that. Here are some comparison pics:

Stock height, ugly sticker to cover up scratches:

H&R Sport Springs:

Skunk2 Coilovers at almost highest setting in front, high in rear:

Skunk2 Coilovers at about half an inch lower in front, an inch lower in rear than previous setting:

2004 WRX - WR Blue Pearl
1997 Eclipse GS - Royal Sapphire Pearl

MrClean125Mar-12-02 08:15 AM
Old School 2GNTer
230 posts,
#7399, "RE: Post pics of car w/ aftermarket springs..."
In response to Reply # 0

For those of you with the H&R sports:

are they bouncy? I dont care about harshness or how firm the ride is, i just want to know if they are bouncy at all like on a scale of 1-10, 10 being very bouncy. I just want some opinions before (IF) i buy them. Or should i jsut keep my skunk2's?

Dave "The Bald Bull"
97 RS Member of the infamous Barcelona Red Crew

"Free people will never remain free, if they are not willing, if need be, to fight for their vital interests"

"It is better to have died in the ranks of the vanquished warriors th

JJPhatStratMar-12-02 10:37 AM
Member since Dec 10th 2001
471 posts,
#7400, "RE: Post pics of car w/ aftermarket springs..."
In response to Reply # 19

sportlines and Tokico blues...17*8 215/45/17...very happy

Pictures -

www.JJPhatStrat.com/carpics.htm

Tunes -

www.JJPhatStrat.com/mp3page.htm

Teameclipse804Mar-12-02 12:24 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5174 posts,
#7401, "RE: Post pics of car w/ aftermarket springs..."
In response to Reply # 19

My H&R sports did not bounce, and neither do my skunk2's. I have GR2 shocks and the rid is really stiff.

2004 WRX - WR Blue Pearl
1997 Eclipse GS - Royal Sapphire Pearl

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #7380 Previous topic | Next topic