Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #721
View in linear mode

Subject: "Lo-boyz coilovers...??" Previous topic | Next topic
phatGSFeb-12-01 03:13 PM
Old School 2GNTer
541 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#721, "Lo-boyz coilovers...??"

Anybody use them...or hear anything about them good or bad? I like the price on them ($279 a pair) but i wouldn't get them if they're gonna suck...so...lemme know what any of you have heard?

Brandon
'95 GS, Auto.
AEM Cold Air w/ bypass valve
Front Upper Strut Brace
Maxspeed coilovers

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Lo-boyz coilovers...??, phatGS, Feb-13-01 04:11 AM, #1
RE: Lo-boyz coilovers...??, eclipse_gs, Feb-13-01 05:45 AM, #2
RE: Lo-boyz coilovers...??, phatGS, Feb-13-01 06:15 AM, #3
      RE: Lo-boyz coilovers...??, cyan, Feb-13-01 09:06 AM, #4
           RE: Lo-boyz coilovers...??, eclipse_gs, Feb-14-01 06:29 AM, #8
RE: Lo-boyz coilovers...??, Teamicjeclipse, Feb-13-01 02:22 PM, #5
RE: Lo-boyz coilovers...??, phatGS, Feb-13-01 03:00 PM, #6
      RE: Lo-boyz coilovers...??, Teameclipse804, Feb-13-01 05:36 PM, #7
      RE: Lo-boyz coilovers...??, Teamicjeclipse, Feb-14-01 02:21 PM, #9
           RE: Lo-boyz coilovers...??, cyan, Feb-14-01 03:23 PM, #10
                RE: Lo-boyz coilovers...??, vector_racing, Feb-21-01 12:04 PM, #11

phatGSFeb-13-01 04:11 AM
Old School 2GNTer
541 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#722, "RE: Lo-boyz coilovers...??"
In response to Reply # 0

anyone?

Brandon
'95 GS, Auto.
Front Upper Strut Brace
Maxspeed coilovers

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

eclipse_gsFeb-13-01 05:45 AM
Old School 2GNTer
36 posts,
#723, "RE: Lo-boyz coilovers...??"
In response to Reply # 0

Ricky Racer Lo-boyz? I've got them.. pretty cool. Minimun lowering is about 1.5 inches. Dont know about that price for a pair though....150 for the whole set. I've got mine installed with KYB GR2's. Pretty cool setup with 17 inch wheels.

phatGSFeb-13-01 06:15 AM
Old School 2GNTer
541 posts,
#724, "RE: Lo-boyz coilovers...??"
In response to Reply # 2

The Ricky Racer lo-boyz are a full coilover setup...not the sleeve kind that you put onto another shock. It sounds to me like you're talking about a sleeve set-up.

Brandon
'95 GS, Auto.
Front Upper Strut Brace
Maxspeed coilovers

cyanFeb-13-01 09:06 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2958 posts,
#725, "RE: Lo-boyz coilovers...??"
In response to Reply # 3

They sell both kinds. the lo-boyz are the full coilover set, the sleeve-only coilovers are just called "coilovers" not lo-boyz
i read an air-bag horror story from ricky racers parent company that i found while searching for the lo-boyz but coilovers are alot harder to mess up than air bags are so you decide
http://www.geocities.com/blue2gnt

1995 Eclipse GS - HRC Stage 2 - Retired.
2004 350z Enthusiast / 2008 Nissan Versa SL

eclipse_gsFeb-14-01 06:29 AM
Old School 2GNTer
36 posts,
#726, "RE: Lo-boyz coilovers...??"
In response to Reply # 4

so whats the horror story??

TeamicjeclipseFeb-13-01 02:22 PM
Old School 2GNTer
871 posts,
#727, "RE: Lo-boyz coilovers...??"
In response to Reply # 0

Just buy the front and see if you like them. Pretty good price. I would like to know how the work out if you decide to get them.

Ian
95 Eclipse RS
http://www.geocities.com/icjeclipse/index.html

Ian | SoCal | Former 2GNT owner |
2GNT mods & pics: www.go.to/dsmdomination |
email: icjeclipse@earthlink.net |

phatGSFeb-13-01 03:00 PM
Old School 2GNTer
541 posts,
#728, "RE: Lo-boyz coilovers...??"
In response to Reply # 5

why do you say just the front? whole car needs lowered. Are the front assemblies easier to change than the rear?

Brandon
'95 GS, Auto.
Front Upper Strut Brace
Maxspeed coilovers

Teameclipse804Feb-13-01 05:36 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5174 posts,
#729, "RE: Lo-boyz coilovers...??"
In response to Reply # 6

No the front is more than two times harder to change than the rear. I think he said the front because most people with coilovers adjust the front a lot more than the rear...

eclipse804@hotmail.com
http://importdeals.homestead.com
Import Parts and Performance

2004 WRX - WR Blue Pearl
1997 Eclipse GS - Royal Sapphire Pearl

TeamicjeclipseFeb-14-01 02:21 PM
Old School 2GNTer
871 posts,
#730, "RE: Lo-boyz coilovers...??"
In response to Reply # 6

I said the front because like Eclipse 804 said, most people change that the most because of front bumpers and scraping. Or try the rear, it is just a suggestion to see of you like them.

Ian
95 Eclipse RS
http://www.geocities.com/icjeclipse/index.html

Ian | SoCal | Former 2GNT owner |
2GNT mods & pics: www.go.to/dsmdomination |
email: icjeclipse@earthlink.net |

cyanFeb-14-01 03:23 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2958 posts,
#731, "RE: Lo-boyz coilovers...??"
In response to Reply # 9

the horror story was the guy recieved 3 sets of leaky air bags and got almost no help from the company to resolve it, you can probably find the story by searching google for ricky racer or lo-boyz
http://www.geocities.com/blue2gnt

1995 Eclipse GS - HRC Stage 2 - Retired.
2004 350z Enthusiast / 2008 Nissan Versa SL

vector_racingFeb-21-01 12:04 PM
Old School 2GNTer
393 posts,
#732, "RE: Lo-boyz coilovers...??"
In response to Reply # 10

i also read that story on the air up board (on yahoo seach for "air up board" its the first link on the web pages index) But i read it after i ordered my air ride kit. Ricky Racer, AIM all the same company...the air rod kit came with no instructions, fairly easy to install, till i got to the rears, the hole on the bottom that the bolt goes through, was too small (this is a bolt on kit...)i had to remove the sleeves off the old shocks, make the hole in the rubber bushing larger, press them in, then finish the install. But here is the kicker...When all aired up i turn the wheel and all the air leaks out (FAST!!!) And the front end is on the ground. And when the air is all out the rods hit the control arms...And the nightmare continues. As for the lo-boys, I'm not happy with AIM Ricky Racer, what ever you want to call them.

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #721 Previous topic | Next topic