Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #7082
View in linear mode

Subject: "GAH! Dont buy 19s, FUCK!" Previous topic | Next topic
cyanFeb-25-02 11:25 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2958 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7082, "GAH! Dont buy 19s, FUCK!"

sorry but ive got to vent...2 months ago i replaced my passengers front tire with a brand new one (goodbye $210)...so now 2 months later, that new tire gets the most fucked up looking hole/tear ive ever seen on the INSIDE edge of the sidewall (ie, not vandalism). so i take it by the shop, whose owner is a good friend of mine...he wanted to look at it to see if it was a manufacturer defect or if i hit something with it, and he says "ive never seen some shit like this ever, in my life" so ive got the phantom tire puncture...that to this point, i doubt is covered under whatever warranty nitto may have (he says low-pro tires carry almost no warranty) so of all the tires i had on the car (3 are a year old) the brand new tire that looks like it has 100% tread still on it is the one that pops. FUCK! im ready to sell them...anyone interested?

1995 Eclipse GS - HRC Stage 2 - Retired.
2004 350z Enthusiast / 2008 Nissan Versa SL

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: GAH! Dont buy 19s, FUCK!, ModeratorEvuLFleA, Feb-25-02 12:31 PM, #1
RE: GAH! Dont buy 19s, FUCK!, iamnotwhoiam, Feb-25-02 12:42 PM, #2
      RE: GAH! Dont buy 19s, FUCK!, ToTaLEkLyPz99, Feb-25-02 12:54 PM, #3
           RE: GAH! Dont buy 19s, FUCK!, cyan, Feb-25-02 01:13 PM, #4
                RE: GAH! Dont buy 19s, FUCK!, fauchpj, Feb-25-02 02:10 PM, #5
                     RE: GAH! Dont buy 19s, FUCK!, fasterGS, Feb-25-02 03:08 PM, #6
                          RE: GAH! Dont buy 19s, FUCK!, Mystic511, Feb-26-02 03:12 AM, #7
                               RE: GAH! Dont buy 19s, FUCK!, xEclipsE RaceRx, Feb-26-02 08:55 AM, #8
                                    RE: GAH! Dont buy 19s, FUCK!, cyan, Feb-26-02 12:40 PM, #9
                                         RE: GAH! Dont buy 19s, FUCK!, iamnotwhoiam, Feb-26-02 01:51 PM, #10
                                         RE: GAH! Dont buy 19s, FUCK!, Amish_Eclipse, Feb-26-02 01:52 PM, #11
                                              RE: GAH! Dont buy 19s, FUCK!, cyan, Feb-27-02 04:47 AM, #12
                                                   RE: GAH! Dont buy 19s, FUCK!, Lotalon, Feb-27-02 05:38 AM, #13
                                                        RE: GAH! Dont buy 19s, FUCK!, cyan, Feb-27-02 11:47 AM, #14
                                                             RE: GAH! Dont buy 19s, FUCK!, Amish_Eclipse, Feb-28-02 02:47 PM, #15
                                                                  RE: GAH! Dont buy 19s, FUCK!, cyan, Feb-28-02 03:18 PM, #16
                                                                       RE: GAH! Dont buy 19s, FUCK!, Amish_Eclipse, Mar-01-02 12:07 PM, #17
                                                                            RE: GAH! Dont buy 19s, FUCK!, trickedeclipse, Mar-03-02 05:42 AM, #18
                                                                                 RE: GAH! Dont buy 19s, FUCK!, koolade9, Mar-03-02 11:49 AM, #19
                                                                                      RE: GAH! Dont buy 19s, FUCK!, cyan, Mar-03-02 02:47 PM, #20

ModeratorEvuLFleAFeb-25-02 12:31 PM
Old School 2GNTer
9791 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7083, "RE: GAH! Dont buy 19s, FUCK!"
In response to Reply # 0

Last time you put them on ebay me and Klipzracer bid like $1.25 each. My offer still stands

------------------------------------------------
98 ESi
95 GS

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

iamnotwhoiamFeb-25-02 12:42 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2361 posts,
#7084, "RE: GAH! Dont buy 19s, FUCK!"
In response to Reply # 1

hah.. ill give ya $5 for all 4

-Jason

97 Talon ESi-T (forever in progress...)

95 GS (Gone)
16.74@83.18mph
119.8 whp - 113.3 lbs/ft

2GNT #677
My Wiki Page: www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=Iamnotwhoiam
Pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/iamnotwhoiam/Talon/

ToTaLEkLyPz99Feb-25-02 12:54 PM
Member since Jan 30th 2002
1282 posts,
#7085, "RE: GAH! Dont buy 19s, FUCK!"
In response to Reply # 2

what do they lool like??

cyanFeb-25-02 01:13 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2958 posts,
#7086, "RE: GAH! Dont buy 19s, FUCK!"
In response to Reply # 3

see my signature...they look like that

fauchpjFeb-25-02 02:10 PM
Donating 2GNT member
4784 posts,
#7087, "RE: GAH! Dont buy 19s, FUCK!"
In response to Reply # 4

what are you getting?

fasterGSFeb-25-02 03:08 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3879 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7088, "RE: GAH! Dont buy 19s, FUCK!"
In response to Reply # 5

come on guys... for 19s?? 5 bucks?? id say anythign under 20 bucks was an insult lmao.

Mystic511Feb-26-02 03:12 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1582 posts,
#7089, "RE: GAH! Dont buy 19s, FUCK!"
In response to Reply # 6

k, i'll offer $20.

beat that.

16.1 @ 87.11
http://www.virtuallyinfamous.com

ARD 57mm tb and p&p manifold, Neuspeed STB, Pro-kits, Illuminas, Injen CAI with K&N, 2.5" pacesetter catback,
AF/X UDP, Rear STB, Powerslot rotors, RRE SS Brakelines.

xEclipsE RaceRxFeb-26-02 08:55 AM
Member since Jan 09th 2002
2982 posts,
#7090, "RE: GAH! Dont buy 19s, FUCK!"
In response to Reply # 7

Wanna just trade?

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 10th Anniversary Edition
- Weapon R1 Atom Bomb Exhaust

http://www.webphotos.com/list_photos.asp?mi=3&smi=1&a=55649

2002 Subaru Impreza WRX

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 10th Anniversary OZ Edition

cyanFeb-26-02 12:40 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2958 posts,
#7091, "RE: GAH! Dont buy 19s, FUCK!"
In response to Reply # 8

AH! fuck you beetches! add a couple of zeroes and they're yours

iamnotwhoiamFeb-26-02 01:51 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2361 posts,
#7092, "RE: GAH! Dont buy 19s, FUCK!"
In response to Reply # 9

ok.. $10.0000000 for all 4

-Jason

97 Talon ESi-T (forever in progress...)

95 GS (Gone)
16.74@83.18mph
119.8 whp - 113.3 lbs/ft

2GNT #677
My Wiki Page: www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=Iamnotwhoiam
Pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/iamnotwhoiam/Talon/

Amish_EclipseFeb-26-02 01:52 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3026 posts,
#7093, "RE: GAH! Dont buy 19s, FUCK!"
In response to Reply # 9

i think your choice of tire is the problem. nitto are AKA shittos. they're popular because they come in odd sizes like 30 series. try getting anothe tire like falkens. they make 35 series

http://www.ocaddict.com

thanks beefgg for the sig

cyanFeb-27-02 04:47 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2958 posts,
#7094, "RE: GAH! Dont buy 19s, FUCK!"
In response to Reply # 11

actually no, most nitto's are shit but the 555 is the best tire on the market right now

LotalonFeb-27-02 05:38 AM
Old School 2GNTer
256 posts,
#7095, "RE: GAH! Dont buy 19s, FUCK!"
In response to Reply # 12

dont feel bad samething happened to my front t1s tires and at 350 a pop ouch

its your alignment and your too low

cyanFeb-27-02 11:47 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2958 posts,
#7096, "RE: GAH! Dont buy 19s, FUCK!"
In response to Reply # 13

no my alignment is correct.

Amish_EclipseFeb-28-02 02:47 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3026 posts,
#7097, "RE: GAH! Dont buy 19s, FUCK!"
In response to Reply # 14

um dood i work in tires as an installer. i know what tires are good. and for real if you want a tire that will last you in that size look at the names i mentioned or if you have the cash go pirelli. pirellis will last. and they're hella lighter than the shittos your wearin now.

like you said those tires cost 210 a peice. that's amazingly cheap. a decent tire in 18's costs in the 240-260 range. pirelli super sports in 225/35-19 are like 270. that's where i'd be if i was rollin 19's

here 230 a peice. if you goto any sears or NTB they'll match that or beat it. if you don't buy the tires at either place don't have them install it they'll charge you like 40 a peice if they even agree to do it.
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/pirelli/pi_pzero.jsp

cyanFeb-28-02 03:18 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2958 posts,
#7098, "RE: GAH! Dont buy 19s, FUCK!"
In response to Reply # 15

yeah well my friend owns the tire shop i buy my tires from now. and ive owned 3 sets of nitto 555's, and one set of supersports...maybe the pzero's are ok but ill be damned if i buy another pirelli supersport...i didnt own my set long enough for the shit to kick in, but i heard plenty of horror stories about them. im guessing your shop doesnt sell nitto's...because the shops i called that dont sell pirelli do nothing but trash talk the brands they dont sell...i know how it goes. ive read enough objective articles in enough objective car magazines about the 555 to give them credibility.

Amish_EclipseMar-01-02 12:07 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3026 posts,
#7099, "RE: GAH! Dont buy 19s, FUCK!"
In response to Reply # 16

i work for sears. we trash talk all the tires we don't sell, but we only mean it for 3 brands. kumho/nitto and toyo.

trickedeclipseMar-03-02 05:42 AM
Old School 2GNTer
438 posts,
#7100, "RE: GAH! Dont buy 19s, FUCK!"
In response to Reply # 17

i hate to jump in here, but i gotta side with cyan. i used to have falken FK-1's and they were the biggest pieces of shit i had ever driven on. not only was the appearance nasty, they were absolutely horrible in wet weather. recommeneded by none other than SEARS. "these are very high performance tires". ok, maybe if you live in a desert where it never rains. i sold them and bought toyo proxies, which were a little better than the shitty falkens, but they were still horrendous in water. my latest set is my nitto 555's. i have nothing bad at all to say about them. i love my 555's and, even after hearing cyan's horror story, i vow to only put nitto tires on my car. sorry if i offended anyone...this is only my opinion.

-PJ
'96 ESI-NOS Talon / '02 Subaru WRX

"Making Dreams Reality"

koolade9Mar-03-02 11:49 AM
Old School 2GNTer
537 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7101, "RE: GAH! Dont buy 19s, FUCK!"
In response to Reply # 18

I was rollin nitto 555s on my 18s and I never had a problem that I didn't invoke(alignment). the sidewalls are strong as hell, they wear very well, are predictable, and have fairly decent wet traction. My next set will be wearin 555s as well...

cyanMar-03-02 02:47 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2958 posts,
#7102, "RE: GAH! Dont buy 19s, FUCK!"
In response to Reply # 19

to put the whole nitto quality issue in perspective...i have a groove as deep as the regular tread grooves in one of my SIDEWALLS! the back left tire has been hitting the blade on the inner fender where i had them cut and so over time a gash has been cut into the sidewall and most of the outer tread blocks are hanging off or have already been completely chopped off. so this extra tread groove is in the sidewall and the tire is still in one piece (well, technically one piece)

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #7082 Previous topic | Next topic