Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #6958
View in linear mode

Subject: "$15 Rear Camber Mod" Previous topic | Next topic
96StockTalonFeb-21-02 06:13 AM
Old School 2GNTer
27 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6958, "$15 Rear Camber Mod"

How much will this mod fix the rear camber? 1 degree, 2 degrees, etc.? I am trying to decide whether to use 4 washers or not. Any help would be appreciated.

By the way I searched and could not find any info on this.

Thanks,
Jamie

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

John99RSFeb-21-02 06:30 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1191 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#6959, "RE: $15 Rear Camber Mod"
In response to Reply # 0

I "think" it's a fixed +2 degrees....someone please correct me if I'm wrong. I have the RRE rear camber kit with spacers and longer bolts and it's a +2 degree fix.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3130861

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

97eclipseRSFeb-21-02 10:54 AM
Old School 2GNTer
940 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6960, "RE: $15 Rear Camber Mod"
In response to Reply # 1

what does the mod do? what is the difference after it?

- Dan

HRC Stage 2|30lb injectors|S-FMU|Walbro255HP|AFX UDP|B&M Short Shifter w/ Symborski Shift Kit|Rear Strut Bar|Power Slot Rotors|more...

iamnotwhoiamFeb-21-02 11:05 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2361 posts,
#6961, "RE: $15 Rear Camber Mod"
In response to Reply # 2

it corrects camber to close to stock specs.. camber gets altered when lowering our cars which leads to the rear or front tires to angle like this /\ and the camber mod helps correct it to this | |

the link is on the main 2gnt.com page..

-Jason

97 Talon ESi-T (forever in progress...)

95 GS (Gone)
16.74@83.18mph
119.8 whp - 113.3 lbs/ft

2GNT #677
My Wiki Page: www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=Iamnotwhoiam
Pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/iamnotwhoiam/Talon/

96StockTalonFeb-21-02 01:28 PM
Old School 2GNTer
27 posts,
#6962, "RE: $15 Rear Camber Mod"
In response to Reply # 0

Anyone else? I only need to fix the rear camber by about 1 degree on the left side and right side. So if +2 degrees fixed is correct, and I use just 2 washers will this give me my +1 degree I need? Any and all help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jamie

Mystic511Feb-21-02 06:15 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1582 posts,
#6963, "RE: $15 Rear Camber Mod"
In response to Reply # 4

you can add and remove washers as you see fit depending how much you want to fix the alignment.

just add washers, do a visual check to see if it's straight, and when you think you have it good, take it to a wheel shop to have a real alignment check down, and they'll tell you how much you're off by.

16.1 @ 87.11
http://www.virtuallyinfamous.com

ARD 57mm tb and p&p manifold, Neuspeed STB, Pro-kits, Illuminas, Injen CAI with K&N, 2.5" pacesetter catback,
AF/X UDP, Rear STB, Powerslot rotors, RRE SS Brakelines.

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #6958 Previous topic | Next topic